Search the best hotels in Favignana
A group of three islands just off the west coast of Sicily, Favignana is full of charm and beauty. First settled by the Phoenicians, the island has had a long history of being taken over by various powers ranging from the Arabs to the Normans. A popular spot for divers, it's an ideal place for people who are looking to steal themselves away from the crowds in Sicily. Our selection of the best places to stay in Favignana are charming coastal hideaways.
What not to miss:
- The islands are famous for caves of calcarenite rock that are known locally as 'tufo'. Spend a day exploring the unique beauty of these cavernous features.
- The waters around Favignana are full of wonderful sealife and as such it's a great spot for diving and snorkelling.
- Favignana town is a fascinating place to explore with buildings such as Palazzo Florio and Fort of Santa Caterina, originally built by Arabic settlers on the island.
The best places to stay in Favignana are perfect for people looking for a peaceful, seaside retreat.
The best places to stay in Favignana
For a coastal retreat
- Cas'almare is a charming guesthouse overlooking the sea with its own private beach club. Featuring six elegant rooms, an excellent restaurant and direct access to the sea, it's perfect for a relaxing romantic break.
For a chic stay
- I Pretti Resort is a delightful hotel on Favignana. Exuding a tranquil atmosphere, the hotel is made up of luxurious suites, stunning views and a beautiful garden.
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- Access to the island is provided for by ferries between Trapani and Favignana.
- For international travellers, the airport to fly into is Trapani.
- The best time to visit Favignana is in the summer.
- Hiring a car is a good idea to explore the area, so we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Favignana
Cas'almare 6 rooms from £127Sicily, Favignana
A gorgeous little guesthouse hotel in a sunny location with its own private beach and beach club. Chic creamy suites are luxurious in style, and all have private balconies and sea facing views. The perfect sun trap for a romantic beach holiday on the island of Favignana.Beach Life - Fantastic location just set back from the sea and a beach club.Views - Stunning ocean views.Seaside - The hotel’s beach club café serves light lunches, mainly sandwiches and salads.Sights nearby - Cala Rossa cove is famous for its rock formations.Recommended by - I Escape
I Pretti Resort 16 rooms from £112Favignana TP
I Pretti Resort is a charming hotel situated on the quaint little island of Favignana. A serene atmosphere pervades throughout the hotel, which focuses on luxury and elegance. With a yummy breakfast each morning in the flower filled gardens, it's perfect for a restorative relaxing holiday.Beach Life - A beautiful and serene spot overlooking the sea, and just a few minutes walk to the lovely Praia Beach on Favignana.Sights nearby - Visit the fascinating limestone caves and the Hypogeum Gardens.Fishing - Organise a sea fishing trip out from Favignana harbour.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Il Baglio sull Acqua 10 rooms from £132Favignana
Il Baglio sull Acqua is located on the island of Favignana, a short walk from the beach. Set in a traditional stone building, it offers smart accommodation with glorious views of the area, plus outdoor pool and hot tub. Aziza bistro serves superb local dishes! Perfect for getting away from it all.Fishing - If you fancy a relaxing afternoon then head down to the sea for a spot of fishingGreat walks - Wander along the coast at sunset and marvel at the stunning viewsSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel
Dimora dell'Olivastro 6 rooms from £140Sicily, Favignana
Bright and elegant eco-friendly accommodation on the picturesque island of Favignana. The building's earthy hues open onto bright chic interiors. Rooms boast glorious views, private terraces and white on white style. Surrounded by its own organic farm (which also produces wine). A fine stay.Eco break - The farm is entirely organic, the hot water comes from the solar panels and all products are eco-friendly.Romantic Break - Some rooms come with an outside bed, on which you can gaze at the star-spangled sky.Great walks - Take long walks through the rugged and picturesque countryside.Restrictions on children - Adult only