Search the best hotels in Monopoli
Monopoli is a pretty fishing town in the south-east of Italy set beside the Adriatic Sea. With its fortified seafront walls and stunning white stone 16th century castle, and small, old and white stone houses lining the promenade, it makes for the perfect seaside holiday destination. There are a wide range of things-to-do here: from sitting on the terrace of a seafront restaurant watching the fishermen haul their catches to the colourful market on Piazza XX Settembre or seeing the majestic art on display in the Neopolitan palazzo of Palmieri to admiring the spellbinding archaeological remains beneath the marvellous 17th century cathedral. After all this sight seeing visitors can unwind by dipping their feet into the waters beneath the Grotto Sella or sunbathing on the beach at the Lido Sabbiadoro. The best places to stay in Monopoli tend to boast beautiful views of the sea.
What not to miss
- Walk along the fortified seafront and stare out to sea.
- Check out Charles V Castle, built in 1552, and climb to the top and enjoy the stunning panoramas.
- Wander aimlessly through the various harbours and watch the fishermen tend to their nets.
- Head out to Polignano a Mare and see the Grotto Sella caves.
- Enjoy the daily market on Piazza XX Settembre.
- Chill out at the Lido Sabbiadoro to the sound of jazz while you lie on the beach sipping a cocktail.
- Visit the 17th century cathedral; down below is the archaeological crypt, boasting an array of fascinating finds.
- See the artworks on display at the Neopolitan palace of Palmieri.
A relaxed and picturesque fishing town, Monopoli has a lot to offer families looking for a chilled-out traditional Italian holiday. Find out more by browsing our list of the best places to stay in Monopoli!
The best places to stay in Monopoli
- Bellavista B&B offers gorgeous suites within a 14th century building overlooking the sea. Creamy stone walls are complemented by white furnishings in the guestrooms, with marble bathrooms sinks and soft lighting. Each suite has a private spa pool, and breakfast is served on the sunny terrace. Romantic and peaceful.
- Il Melograno is a five star family-run hotel with a delightful down-to-earth atmosphere. Renovated 16th century farmhouse with sprawling Moorish outbuildings and flower-filled courtyards, terraces, big pool and tennis courts. Charming rooms in florals, tiled floors and fireplaces. Excellent spa and beach club too.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 17 and 32 degrees.
- Fly to Bari Karol Wojtyla Airport, in Bari, and take a train to Monopoli. It is a 30 minute journey, on average.
- If you want to rent a car, contact our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include the best places to stay in Puglia
- or Italy
- or contact one of our Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Monopoli
Bellavista B&B from £114Monopoli
Gorgeous suites within 14th century building overlooking the sea. Creamy stone walls are complimented by white furnishings in the guestrooms, with marble bathrooms sinks and soft lighting. Each suite has a private spa pool, and breakfast is served on the sunny terrace. Romantic and peaceful.Romantic Break - Original stone wall suites, with private hot tubs overlook the Adriatic SeaGreat walks - Walk along the coast to Polignano a MareSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.On the beach - In front of the hotel.
Il Melograno 38 rooms from £158Monopoli
A five star family-run hotel with a delightful down-to-earth atmosphere. Renovated 16th century farmhouse with sprawling Moorish outbuildings and flower-filled courtyards, terraces, big pool and tennis courts. Charming rooms in florals, tiled floors and fireplaces. Excellent spa and beach club too.Beach Life - This chic hotel offers access to their own private beach with white sands and blue waters and a seafood restaurant and bar.Spa breaks - Refresh and revive with the spa's extensive therapy list, sauna, frigidarium, turkish bath and hammam.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the UNESCO-protected Trulli of Alberobello.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux