- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Stresa
Stresa, the setting of Hemmingway's famous novel 'Farewell to Arms', is a glorious town overlooking Lake Maggiore. Combining charming architecture with a beautiful natural setting it's easy to see why Ernest was so taken with the place. Our selection of the best places to stay in Stresa combine great hospitality, delicious food and stunning views of the lake.
What not to miss
- One of Stresa's greatest attributes is it's position on Lake Maggiore. The lake is a great place to relax in the summer sun.
- The town is homes to a number of beautiful lake houses such as Villa Ducale and Villa Pallavicino.
- Classical music lovers should try and visit when the wonderful "Settimane Musicali" is playing in the summer.
Ranging from grand hotels to delightful restaurants with rooms, our selection of the best places to stay in Stresa will have something for everyone.
The best places to stay in Stresa
- Hotel Verbano at its heart is a fabulous restaurant. Specialising in local cuisine, the food is served on a beautiful terrace overlooking the lake. Charming rooms have stunning views of Lake Maggiore.
For Lakeside Opulence
- The Grand Hotel des Iles Borromees is the personification of luxury and grandeur. There's opulence at every turn. From the plush rooms to the fabulous spa, the Grand Hotel does not do half measures. A Maggiore institution.
For a villa or apartment
- Browse the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Stresa is Milan (32 miles).
- Having a car gives you great flexibility to explore the lake. For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The best time to visit Stresa is in the summer months (May to September), when the temperatures sit nicely in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Stresa
Hotel Verbano 12 rooms from £132Stresa Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Lake Maggiore
Special restaurant with rooms set on an island of Lake Maggiore. Excellent local cuisine from romantic terraces overlooking the lake. Lovely bedrooms and living areas in creams, with brick fireplace, wooden beams, white washed walls, and private balconies. Ideal for a romantic break or a wedding.Views - All the rooms have stunning views over Lake MaggioreRomantic BreakHoneymoonsFoodiesRecommended by - Frommers, CN Traveller
Grand Hôtel des Iles Borromées 179 rooms from £219Stresa Verbano-Cusio-Ossola, Lake Maggiore
Luxurious lakeside opulence in a Five Star Grand hotel. A beautiful setting, sumptuous rooms and suites, delicious food, spa and plenty to do on the lake. A romantic spot, family friendly too.Romantic BreakSpa breaksViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsRecommended by - CN Traveller