Search the best hotels in Lombardy
The best places to stay in Lombardy are as varied as the terrain, but our Guru’s rexcommendations favour independent hotels, a number of which have a long tradition in providing hospitality.
Lombardy spreads from Switzerland and the Alps to the flat, agricultural plains of the Po Valley. Within that varied stretch are the wonderful Italian Lakes of Como, Garda, Maggiore and Iseo and the ski resorts of Bormio and Livigno. There’s also a wine region and a number of World Heritage Sites. Lombardy’s capital is fashionable and outward looking Milan. Milan has the feel of a busy international city, but if you look beyond the hip hotels, even hipper restaurants and high design boutiques you’ll see its historic side.
What Not To Miss
- Many of Milan's architectural treasures can be found around the grand Gothic cathedral but the city also has an incredible art collection and a wonderful opera house. And of course all that shopping.
- Just 15km from Milan (only 10 mins by train) is Monza, current home to the Italian Grand Prix and a charming city of lovely architecture and green spaces.
- The numerous beautiful lakes! Zooming out of the tunnel on the train from Milan, Lake Como is laid out in front of you in all her spectacular beauty. Beauty based not solely on natural assets - the pristine waters, the mountainous backdrop, the sprinkling of small islands - but also on the charm of the little towns surrounding it. Just to the north is Lake Garda, largest of Lombardy’s lakes and a sun drenched playground of vineyard, olive groves and cypresses with the Dolomites on one side. All of which makes it look more like southern Italy than northern Italy.
- Then there’s Lake Maggiore, known for its lush climate, exotic plants and fairytale towns and resorts and Lake Iseo, preferred by Italian holidaymakers and very lush and green.
- Don't forget architecturally beautiful Bergamo, overlooking the southern plains and offering wonderful views, wonderful art, and some wonderful dining opportunities. Brescia with its fascinating old town, Mantova or Mantua, one of the most important centres of the Italian Renaissance, and looking well and truly the part, Cremona, with its wonderfully historic centre, and Pavia, founded by the Romans and occupying an important strategic position slap bang in the middle of an agricultural plain.
Whether you're visiting for a chic city break or a spot of rural relaxation, the best places to stay in Lombardy are popular destinations, so do yourself a favour and plan well ahead, so that you don't miss out.
The best places to stay in Lombardy
For The Lakes
- If you want to be right on Lake Como, try the Villa d'Este, one of the more traditional five star hotels, the kind with grand state rooms, chandeliers, heavy fabrics, private balconies and private boats.
- For a waterfront spot in Bellagio, Lake Como, you can't get much better than Hotel Florence. It boasts elegant interiors, gorgeous views, and it won't break the bank!
- Owned by the same family for four generations, the Albergo Olivedo is a ten room townhouse hotel beside Lake Como.
- In Torri del Benaco, one of Lake Garda's prettiest Verona side fishing villages, Gardesana is simple and charming, with superb views of the bustling little harbour and an excellent restaurant.
- Locanda San Vigilio, just above Garda and bustling Bardolino, is an elegant and intimate hotel right on the lake. Origianaly owned by an Italian Count, this grand dwelling has been a hotel for the last 500 years
For a chic city break in Milan
- Milan’s Straf was declared Italy's most avant-garde hotel when it opened and it's still creating a stir today. Come here to rub shoulders with the fashionistas, designers et al who love the interiors where rough slate sits alongside burnished brass, iron and concrete.
- Or, you might try Bulgari, also in Milan - it's more about understated glamour. Here the emphasis is on chic sophistication. Plus it's the only hotel within the city walls to boast a garden. A sensational spa and great food complete the picture.
- Alternatively, for central chic with an abundance of luxury Park Hyatt Milano is where classic meets contemporary design in a fabulously central location on the doorstep of the most prestigious shopping streets. Serene and airy interiors - palettes of cream, beige and soft greys. Luxurious facilities include a spa and fitness centre, buzzy cocktail bar and good restaurant.
- The Gray, Milan, is a hip, contemporary boutique hotel with a sense of fun in a central location. Neutral palettes with splashes of bold colour bedeck the interiors. The bedrooms feature white ostrich leather, crocodile, steel and travertine. Two suites have private gyms, Turkish baths, or jacuzzis. Great food too.
- For fashion-lovers Hotel Spadari al Duomo is a contemporary hotel a few steps from the Duomo, the Fashion District and the Teatro alla Scala. Rooms and suites in pastel colours dotted with modern art and high tech gadgetry. A good choice for those with a design conscience.
- The Gombit is a superb choice right in the centre of town. 13th century building on the outside, contemporary rooms and suites on the inside - it's a design lovers dream!
- Hotel de la Ville has been in the same family for generations and is steeped in history. Sumptuous rooms are filled with antqiues and oil paintings, and the restaurant is gourmet.
- The Eden Hotel is a smart modern property ideally located for all the outdoors activities on offer. Rooms are cosy, plus there's an excellent restaurant and spa for easing weary limbs.
- Hotel Sonne is a contemporary chalet style property in the centre of Liviigno, ideally located for access to the ski lifts. Rooms are cosy and romantic with plenty of wood, and muted hues. Plus there's a sensational spa and wonderful views.
For sheer opulence
- If you're looking for ultimate luxury and relaxation in a truly glorious setting, the Casta Diva Resort and Spa in Lake Como is perfect. Naturally it's five stars, and its two restaurants are excellent. But it also has a wonderful floating swimming pool, and a subterranean spa hewn into the rock of the shoreline.
- The LIdo Palace offers five stars worth of wonder right on the shores of Lake Garda, at the foot of the mountains - this is really one of the planet's most idyllic settings. Behind the Liberty style facade are sleek, contemporary rooms, an award winning spa and a Michelin recommended restaurant.
- The Principe di Savoia is lavish, grandiose, and Five Star to the hilt. Rooms and suites with opulent fabrics and furnishings, terraces, restaurants, spa, meeting rooms, and more. For those with deep pockets and an eye for detail.
- For a hotel fit for a Prince or Princess, the Chateau Monfort is a Five Star fairytale themed hotel just a short walk from the Piazza San Babila and Milan's famous designer shops. Elegant period features blend with 21st century luxury. Afternoon tea is a speciality. Cocktail bar, elegant wine bar and classic Italian cuisine.
- The Relais da Vittorio in Bergamo, is a world renowned restaurant with ten elegant, boutique style rooms. The restaurant has been in the family for generations, and they also offer guests access to a beautiful garden and a pool.
- The Hotel Verbano on an island in the middle of Lake Maggiore, is a restaurant with 12 charming rooms and the perfect choice for a foodie’s honeymoon.
- Combining country escape with a gourmet restaurant, Locanda de Mai Intees is a charmingly traditional private residence with an excellent gourmet restaurant. Rooms and suites have frescoed walls, mezzanine levels, wooden beams, parquet floors, and attractive fabrics. Plenty of activities, close to Lake Maggiore. Romantic, gourmet and family friendly.
- The Relais Florian Maison features an elegant restaurant with rooms, situated in pretty rural surrounds. Spacious rooms with hints of Italian grandeur alongside more simple contemporary design. A stunning restaurant serves modern Italian cuisine. Lovely walks and cycle trials will work up an appetite. A foodie's haven.
For a country escape
- If you enjoy a traditional rustic setting, Oasi di Galbusera Bianca is a delightful farmhouse hotel in the picturesque Lombardy countryside. Rooms mirror the hotel's rustic surroundings, with wooden furnishings and earthy colour schemes. In the evening, the restaurant serves up delicious organic vegetarian food. An ideal place for an authentic rural Italian experience.
- The Relais La California is a renovated private estate set amid 5 hectares of beautiful landscaped gardens and parkland, offering guests outdoor pool, modern restaurant, wellness centre plus pitch & putt golf area. Rooms are elegant and comfortable with stunning views. A country hideaway with easy access to Lake Como.
- For visitors who want a chic country gettaway, C Hotel & Spa focuses on elegant minimalism. Bedrooms have floor to ceiling windows, chic stone tiling and the latest technology. Guests can enjoy the spa, swimming pool and gym. The restaurant menu combines contemporary flavours with traditional Italian cuisine.
For traditional Italian Luxury
- In Milan, the Grand Hotel et de Milan exudes bags of character and luxury - think rich fabrics, antiques and fine art on the walls. It is also only a stone's throw from La Scala so ideal for opera buffs.
- For a unique and luxurious experience, Four Seasons Milan offers guests modern, stylish luxury in a 15th-Century monastery with a beautiful cloistered garden. Large individually designed bedrooms with luxurious fabrics and opulent marble bathrooms. An excellent gourmet restaurant and fab spa. Though it is seriously luxurious and sophisticated, also a great family choice
- The L’Albereta is a very luxurious hotel that has almost made a religion out of wellbeing. A world-class spa and a kitchen operating under a chef named the ‘the Father of Modern Italian Cuisine’. A spa and gourmet break off the beaten track between Bergamo and Brescia.
- Offering luxury and location, the Petit Palais is situated right in the heart of Milan, not far from the cathedral, art museums and the prestigious shopping quarter - come here for a luxurious, marble-laden city break. All 18 rooms are uniquely decorated in this 17th century townhouse with chandeliers, tapestries, parquet floors and period furniture.
- Villa Cortine Palace typifies Lake Garda perfectly. Sitting right on the tip of the Sirmione peninsula, this grand old villa hotel is rich with frescoes, antiques and lovely 30s style rooms. It's also surrounded by its own gardens dotted with fountains and neoclassical statues, so it's very romantic.
- For couples, Hotel de la Ville has been in the same family for generations and overlooking the Royal House of Savoy in Monza, this property is steeped in history. Jam packed with antiques and oil paintings it has an air of grandness. High standards continue in the Derby Grill where head chef believes in seasonal cuisine. A lesson in timeless charm.
- The Antica Locanda Solferino is an arty little guesthouse with bags of character in Milan's trendy boho area. Rooms filled with country antiques, art nouveau pieces and a genuine taste of old Milan. Breakfasts served in the rooms. An excellent city spot with lots of old world charm.
- Great food and scenery combine at the Il Sole di Ranco, a lovely lakeside hotel and gourmet restaurant. Romantic views over Maggiore, elegant understated bedrooms and suites, pool, excellent food served on the terrace, lots of fresh fish from the lake. A gourmet choice for families and total relaxation.
- The GombitHotel is located in a medieval square this 13th century property is part of the history of Bergamo. Minimal rooms with neutral palettes create a modern, organic look using natural materials. Sculptures and quirky accents like a library ceiling clad in books inject colour. A regional breakfast is served.
For an active break
- The Bella Riva has direct access to Lake Garda and the views are spectacular, from the pool, the restaurant and a number of private terraces. As well as views the Bella Riva also specialises in watersports.
- Tenuta Le Sorgive is an agriturismo only a short distance from Lake Garda, yet surrounded by countryside. This is a great place for a healthy, outdoorsy break, with lots of activities on offer and a restaurant which serves food grown right here!
For a value getaway
- Antica Locanda dei Mercanti is a pretty and centrally located B&B that doesn’t break the bank, in central Milan. This old merchant's house, recently renovated, is contemporary country in style - creams, floral and wood floors. The spectacular suites on the top floor have wrought iron four posters and private terraces. A hotel that is hard to come by.
- For a homely experience, a stay at Casa Titta is like being welcomed into the home of a stylish and worldly friend. Four individually designed rooms furnished with period pieces and delicious breakfast included in the price. Perfect for solo travellers or couples wanting to experience an up-and-coming area of Milan.
- Style meets value at the Biocity - an Eco-city hotel in a 1920s building. Modern rooms are pristine and stylish with big bathrooms. Courtyard outside to enjoy an apertif, and sunny breakfast room. Sauna and small shop selling organic products. Very good value and well located to explore both the city of Milan and surrounding region.
- My Bed, offers stylish, incredibly good value accommodation in the heart of Milan. Rooms are spacious, clean and simple - some with private balconies. Parking is available close by. A fantastic choice for those looking to get out and sample the city's many restaurants, bars and shops. A good base for a city break.
- The Antica Locanda Leonardo is a pristine family-run guesthouse with a pretty courtyard garden in Milan's old quarter. Comfortable rooms showcase polished wooden floors and antique furniture, some overlook the garden. The triple suite is a good choice for families. An intimate stay and great value city spot.
- The Hotel Laurin, near Salò is perfect - elegant Lake Garda glamour on the outside, and frescoes and Art Deco furniture on the inside - yet it's big enough, and modern enough, and has enough of a garden and pool, to be ideal for families.
- The Relais La California is a renovated private estate set amid five hectares of beautifully landscaped gardens. There are just 20 elegant rooms with stunning views of the surrounding park, the putting green and the bowls lawn. Easy access to Lake Como.
- An ideal base for people of all interests, Albergo Belvedere features a quaint little restaurant with rooms in a stunning location with views of Lake Maggiore. The simple and stylish rooms offer a laid back atmosphere. The renowned restaurant serves local food and boasts a terrace with panoramic views. A charming base for local explorers or more active types.
- The Parco San Marco Lifestyle Beach Resort is an extensive resort sat within stunning surrounds beside Lake Lugano, with both lake and mountain views. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with floor to ceiling windows. A number of restaurants and bars with outdoor terraces. A private beach and a wealth of activities make it ideal for families.
- For families looking to explore Milan, Alle Meraviglie is a newly converted townhouse with pretty, reasonably priced rooms, decked in cream colour schemes with silk curtains, crisp bed linen, fresh flowers and wooden floors. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast before setting out on the town. An elegant choice to explore Milan from.
Chic and Central
- The Milano Scala is a large contemporary hotel in a traditional Milanese palazzo. Rooms and suites have plush furnishings, parquet floors, splashes of modern art, and private balconies overlooking the inner courtyard. Excellent restaurants, terraces, meeting rooms and wellness centre cater to just about any city visit.
- For central, high end suites, the Magna Pars Suites allow visitors to experience what life might be like for a fashion model or designer with a stay in these high-end suites in a converted perfume factory in the heart of Milan’s design district. Chic all white interiors offset by sofas in primary colours. A fashionistas dream come true!
- For those wanting to be close to everything the Palazzo Segreti is just steps away from Milan's fashion district, this is ancient Italy meeting sophisticated modern elegance. The stunning lighting and large, comfortable rooms create a calm ambience. This intimate hotel is the perfect choice for those interested in luxury shopping, and excellent Italian restaurants.
- The LaGare Hotel is a smart new hotel convenient for Milan’s Central station. It boasts a basement spa and roof-top terrace with views across the Porta Nuova district. Slickly designed rooms in muted colours make an ideal base for either the business traveller or tourist.
- For those wanting to explore the famous shopping in Milan, Ritz Milan is a stylish, comfortable hotel is the perfect choice for shopaholics, sheltered just behind the Corso Buenos Aires, one of the busiest shopping streets in Milan. Contemporary rooms and suites with rich furnishings & many with a private terrace. A good value choice for a city break.
- The Hotel Sonne in Livigno is a modern chalet hotel, which has kept its wood and fur decor and charming Alpine bar. There are just 16, chic, cosy, romantic rooms, with wonderful views, and there's an excellent spa and sauna.
- Or try Bormio’s 27 room Eden Hotel, a well designed contemporary hotel with cosy, wooden bedrooms, decor made of natural materials, lovely views, a great spa and excellent restaurant.
For an Apartment, Villa, or Chalet
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner, Booking.com for a huge range of properties across the region to suit all needs.
- Fly to Milano Malpensa airport, situated 50km (31 miles) from Lombardy's capital, Milan, with plentiful connections to the rest of Europe.
- Lombardy is well served by rail, with high-speed and regional connections available throughout the region
- If you'd prefer to rent a car to explore the beautiful lakes and mountains, for prices we recommend using our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to September provide the warmest weather although a visit in the winter provides opportunities for skiing.
Still not sure which is the one for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Lombardy,
- Expand your search to include our recommendations in Venice and Tuscany
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Lombardy
Best Hotels in Lombardy
Alpi & Golf Hotel Bormio 15 rooms from £70
Home BB Milan (Via Lorenteggio, 141) 2 rooms from £77Value chic - Fantastic value for money for its super central location, easy connectivity, and ultra chic interiors.Local markets - There are many shops, restaurants, bars and cafes to check out.Boutique
A contemporary hotel, with a superb location and great views of the city. Rooms are uniquely designed with quirky features such as blackboards or book exchange facilities. Other cool features include a pillow menu and a choice of bathroom linen whilst booking. An excellent breakfast served in room. See More
Il Rustico Dei Bedini Bormio 7 rooms from £90Great walks - The surroundings are full of wonderful walking routes.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotelBoutique
Il Rustico Dei Bedini makes good on its name with its delightful rustic charm. Housed in a wonderful old Italian villa, the rooms contain original design features like cavernous rock ceilings and wooden beams. With ski slopes on the doorstep, it's hard to argue with this superb B&B. See More
Oasi di Galbusera Bianca Lombardy 10 rooms from £78Romantic Break - With candlelite dining on the terrace, in room baths and sweeping views of the stunning landscape- romance is in the air.Eco break - A green and sustainable building model, on a biodynamic organic farm, producing organic ingrediants for the restaurant.Back to Nature - A rural Italian hideaway in a WWF Oasis for Biodiversity surrounded by meadows, woods, vineyards and orchards.Sights nearby - Just twenty miles from Milan, the city is easily accessible for a day trip.
A delightful farmhouse hotel in the picturesque Lombardy countryside. Rooms mirror the hotel's rustic surroundings, with wooden furnishings and earthy colour schemes. In the evening, the restaurant serves up delicious organic vegetarian food. An ideal place for an authentic rural Italian experience. See More
Hotel Baiti Dei Pini Bormio 38 rooms from £100Great walks - The surrounding area is full of wonderful walking routes.Spa
La Genzianella Bormio 40 rooms from £100Fishing - Fishing trips to nearby lakes and rivers can be organised by the hotel.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Spa
Tenuta Le Sorgive Solferino, Lake Garda 12 rooms from £87Families - This is truly a family place, with plenty of group activities on site and a wholesome organic vibe.Great walks - There are lovely walks around the estate where you can learn about farming in the Italian counrtyside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor garden surrounded poolFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. Simple traditional rooms come with continental breakfast. Explore the orchards and vineyards or head out on a pony trek through the surrounding hills. A wonderful spot to re-engage with mother nature. See More
Casa Titta Milan 4 rooms from £87Value chic - With rooms from €100 per night including breakfast, this is great value for money.Sights nearby - 10mins by underground from the DuomoFull of character
A stay at bijou Casa Titta is like being welcomed into the home of a stylish and worldly friend. Four individually designed rooms furnished with period pieces and delicious breakfast included in the price. Perfect for solo travellers or couples wanting to experience an up-and-coming area of Milan. See More
Hello Milano Milan 4 rooms from £91City Style - Italian-chic guestrooms, friendly staff and conveniently located to soak in Milan's highlightsSights nearby - Lake Como is a 45 minute drive
Relais La California Nibionno, Lombardy 20 rooms from £107Golf - Putting green and pitching area for improving your golf on site and local golf coursesOther Activities - In the park there is a small area where you can play bowls.Great walks - Take a morning walk along the Botanic pathSailing - Hotel can advise on local sailing schools
A renovated private estate set amid 5 hectares of beautiful landscaped gardens and parkland, offering guests outdoor pool, modern restaurant, wellness centre plus pitch & putt golf area. Rooms are elegant and comfortable with stunning views. A country hideaway with easy access to Lake Como. See More
Hotel Alu Mountain Design Bormio 30 rooms from £110Great walks - The surrounding valley is full of great walk routes.Local markets - Explore the local market in Bormio.Spa
Ritz Milan Milan (Lombardy) 197 rooms from £100Sights nearby - Close to the historic heart of Milan
This stylish, comfortable hotel is the perfect choice for shopaholics, sheltered just behind the Corso Buenos Aires, one of the busiest shopping streets in Milan. Contemporary rooms and suites with rich furnishings & many with a private terrace. A good value choice for a city break. See More
Biocity Milan 17 rooms from £101City Style - Stylish and impeccably clean city pad, close to Metro Linea 3 and Milan's Stazione CentraleSights nearby - Pinacoteca di Brera and Teatro alla Scala are a 30 minute walk awaySpa
Eco-city hotel in a 1920s building. Modern rooms are pristine and stylish with big bathrooms. Courtyard outside to enjoy an apertif, and sunny breakfast room. Sauna and small shop selling organic products. Very good value and well located to explore both the city and region. See More
My Bed Milan 12 rooms from £103Value chic - My Bed offers affordable luxury in the heart of the city, with doubles fr only €119.Views - Views of Basilica San Lorenzo MaggioreSights nearby - Take in the view from the Duomo roof
Stylish, incredibly good value accommodation in the heart of Milan. Rooms are spacious, clean and simple - some with private balconies. Parking is available close by. A fantastic choice for those looking to get out and sample the city's many restaurants, bars and shops. A good base for a city break. See More
Hotel Amerikan Livigno 8 rooms from £121Active Holiday - From mountain biking and trekking in the summer and skiing and snowboarding in winter, adventure seekers will not be boredSkiing - Enjoy a days skiing and hop on the hotel's free ski shuttle to the slopesFishing - Go fishing at the lake north of the valley, on the river Spöl and in several alpine lakes during your excursionsSpa - There is an on-site spa which offers massages, body wraps, facials and pedicures
A charming eco chalet-hotel situated in Livigno, just 500 m from the Carosello cable car. Rooms are modern and elegant with wooden panelling and alpine murals. Indulge in the wellness area with the choice of a sauna, steam room and outdoor hot tub. The restaurant serves delicious local fare. See More
Sottovento Bormio 20 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Two minutes walk from Bormio's famous thermal baths.Views - Great views from hotel
Hotel Araba Fenice loc. Pilzone (BS), Lake Iseo 43 rooms from £130Romantic Break - Book the suite spa complete with your own personal spa and spectular lake viewsGreat walks - Take a hike through the mountains along the ancient Via ValerianaSailing - Hire a boat and take a romantic cruise across the lakeRomantic - Good for couples.
An elegant four-star property boasting a spectacular setting beside Lake Iseo. The collection of rooms suits everyone's needs from family suites to an indulgent spa suite complete with a 180-degree lake view. From the terrace restaurant to the private boat tours this hotel is luxury defined. See More
Locanda de Mai Intees Azzate Varese, Lake Maggiore 12 rooms from £130FoodiesSights nearby - In the centre of the Italian Lake district.TraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.
A charmingly traditional private residence with an excellent gourmet restaurant. Rooms and suites have frescoed walls, mezzanine levels, wooden beams, parquet floors, and attractive fabrics. Plenty of activities, close to Lake Maggiore. Romantic, gourmet and family friendly. See More
Eden Hotel Bormio 27 rooms from £138Skiing - From greens to black there is a slope for all abilities, plus the hotels is steps from the nearest liftBack to Nature - Made of natural materiels the entire hotel has an indoor outdoor feel.Great walks - Stelvio National ParkViews - Great views from hotel
A cleverly designed contemporary hotel in a town with lots of outdoor activities. Bedrooms are cosy with wooden decor and large comfortable beds. The restaurant serves exciting dishes headed by chef Antonio Borruso. A spa is available to easy weary limbs after a day in the mountains. See More
Parco San Marco Lifestyle Beach Resort Lombardy 80 rooms from £141Families - With babysitting available and an abundance of activities to choose from everyone will be kept entertained.Great walks - Nordic walking and trekking routes around Menaggio through stunning scenery.Tennis - Courts available for guests to useSwimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor pool.
An extensive resort sat within stunning surrounds with both lake and mountain views. Contemporary rooms are light and airy with floor to ceiling windows. A number of restaurants and bars with outdoor spots and a view to boot. A private beach and a wealth of activities make it ideal for families. See More
Antica Locanda Solferino Milan 11 rooms from £142Local exploring - A charming hotel with quaint antique decor, situated in the heart of Milan's artistic Brera district, a hub of local talent.Great walks - Wander around the trendy and artistic Brera district and discover the boutiques, galleries and studios that litter her streets.Sights nearby - A number of sights including the Piazza Duomo, the Sforza Castle garden and Porta Venezia garden are within walking distance.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers
Hotel Sonne Livigno 16 rooms from £148Romantic Break - Gorgeous romantic rooms with faux fur blankets, sensational spa with sauna and classic Alpine viewsGreat walks - Livigno is located close to the Stelvio National ParkViews - Great views from hotelBoutique
Palazzo Arzaga Calvagese della Riviera, Lake Garda 84 rooms from £148Total relaxation - Indulge in a round of golf or a day at the spa (or, of course, a combination of the two) to truly unwindRomantic Break - Indulgent interiors and a fine dining menu makes this a popular choice amongst couplesWeddings - There's a small private chapel for those wanting a picturesque and intimate weddingSailing - Sail on nearby Lake Garda
Palazzo Arzaga boasts vast scenic grounds which include a private golf course, spa and small chapel. Dating back to the 15th century, the hotel has kept some original features - period frescoes, charming cellar with dining and oak beamed ceilings. A delightful spot to relax. See More
Relais Florian Maison Bergamo 6 rooms from £148Country Escape - Beautiful surrounding countryside ideal for hiking and cycling or simply relaxing.Foodies - Modern Italian cuisine with spectacular tasting menus.Cooking classes - Every first Monday of the month sign up to step into a professional kitchen and learn to cook a three course meal.Great walks - Miles of hiking trials starting from nearby the hotel.
An elegant restaurant with rooms situated in pretty rural surrounds. Spacious rooms with hints of Italian grandeur alongside more simple contemporary design. A stunning restaurant serves modern Italian cuisine. Lovely walks and cycle trials will work up an appetite. A foodie's haven. See More
Antica Locanda Leonardo Milan (Lombardy) 16 rooms from £149Value chic - A reasonably priced warm and homely hotel, in prime location, featuring pretty courtyard and stylsih interiors.Sights nearby - Church of Santa Maria delle Grazie, home to Leonardo da Vinci's 'The Last Supper', is within 5 minutes walk.Great walks - Explore Milan's old quarter on foot, discover hidden jems and historic architecture.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Fodors
This pristine family-run guesthouse has a pretty courtyard garden in Milan's old quarter. Comfortable rooms showcase polished wooden floors and antique wood furniture, some overlooking the garden. The triple suite is a good choice for families. An intimate stay and great value city spot. See More
Hotel Ariston Milan 53 rooms from £152Bicycles available - Borrow one of the hotel's complimentary bikes and explore the cityValue chicSights nearby - 5 mins from the Duomo and the NavigliPrivate Hot TubRecommended by - CN Traveller
e.c.h.o Milan Milan 143 rooms from £154Eco break - A chic eco hotel filled with natural furnishings, green spaces, energy efficienct technology and solar electricity.Sights nearby - Visit the striking Milan Cathedral, within walking distance of the hotel.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
A space of tranquility within the bustling city. With a strong emphasis on sustainability the design is inspired by nature and focuses on green open spaces. Chic rooms with simple light hues, large windows and uber modern bathrooms. Organic food served within a vegetable garden. City bliss. See More
C Hotel & Spa Cassago Brianza, Lombardy 18 rooms from £155Spa breaks - There is a modern and spoiling spa for ultimate relaxationCountry Escape - A totally chic hotel in a countryside settingSights nearby - Lombardy boasts 7 World Heritage sitesSailing - Sail in nearby Lake ComoRecommended by - Tablet
Decorated in a modern style C Hotel focuses on elegant minimalism. Bedrooms have floor to ceiling windows, chic stone tiling and the latest technology. Guests can enjoy the spa, swimming pool and gym. The restaurant menu combines contemporary flavours with traditional Italian cuisine. See More
Petit Palais Milan 18 rooms from £164Designer Shopping - A short walk to Milan's prestigious Quadrilatero d'Oro - the home of designer boutiquesSights nearby - The city's cathedral is very nearbyViews - See all of Milan from the rooftopTraditional
Right in the heart of Milan, not far from the cathedral, art museums and the prestigious shopping quarter - come here for a luxurious, marble-laden city break. All 18 rooms are uniquely decorated in this 17th century townhouse with chandeliers, tapestries, parquet floors and period furniture. See More
GombitHotel Bergamo 13 rooms from £165Great walks - Go on one of the daily walking tours exploring the history of the old city.Sights nearby - The Santa Maria Maggiore Cathedral is just a couple of minutes walk away.Local markets - Take the funicolare between the old and new city.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Recommended by - Design Hotels
Located in a medieval square this 13th century property is part of the history of Bergamo. Minimal rooms with neutral palettes create a modern, organic look using natural materials. Sculptures and quirky accents like a library ceiling clad in books inject colour. A regional breakfast is served. See More
L'Unicorno Bedizzole, Lake Garda 10 rooms from £169Foodies - The hotel produces a range of organic products, from wine to olive oil; foodies can sample the products in a tasting sessionLocal exploring - With Lake Garda less than ten minutes' drive away, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploring in this regionCountry Escape - Set on a 16th-century farm in Bedizzole, book this hotel for an authentic Italian country retreatSailing - Drive to nearby Lake Garda for excellent sailing opportunities; ask the hotel to book a transfer if you prefer
This hotel is nestled among the vineyards and olive groves of Valtenesi. Guestrooms are located in the carefully restored heritage farmhouse, where selected antiques complement the original terracotta tiles and exposed beams. Do a tasting session to sample the hotel's organic wines. See More
Elizabeth Lifestyle Hotel Milan City Centre 41 rooms from £177Romantic Break - Offering stylish suites and a charming garden where you can enjoy aperitivi, this hotel is a great option for a romantic getawayCity Style - With designer interiors featuring a custom toiletries range and contemporary artwork, book this hotel for a chic city breakLocal exploring - Set in central Milan in the fashionable Carrobbio district, this hotel makes a great base for exploring the best boutiquesSights nearby - Visit the nearby Basilica di San Calimero, a Catholic basilica dating to the 5th century with preserved medieval frescoesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
This lifestyle hotel is situated on the exclusive Corso Italia in central Milan. Guest suites are dressed in a perfectly balanced palette of teal, black and grey, set off by contemporary art prints and a custom-made fragrance by Laura Tonatto. Head to the hotel's secret garden for evening aperitivi. See More
Alle Meraviglie Milan (Lombardy) 6 rooms from £182Value chic - Superb price for what you get- beautiful 18th Century building, chic interiors plus large airy rooms overlooking a courtyard.Local exploring - The hotel sits in the artistic heart of the city- the Brera district is young and vibrant, full of artists and bohemians.Sights nearby - Less than five minutes walk brings you to two of Milans most renowned buildings- the Duomo and Sforzesco Castle.Romantic - Good for couples.
Newly converted townhouse with pretty, reasonably priced rooms. Comfortable rooms are decked in cream colour schemes with silk curtains, crisp bed linen, fresh flowers and wooden floors. Enjoy the complimentary breakfast before setting out on the town. An elegant choice to explore Milan from. See More
Locanda al Castelletto BS, Lake Garda 4 rooms from £190Country Escape - On the lake, all rooms offer great views of the Lake Garda and surrounding landscapesLocal exploring - Close by to Campione Del Garda and Limone Del Garda both a 10 minute drive awayEco break - Carefully restored, an environmentally friendly hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
A sweet and cosy four bedroom guesthouse, delightfully decorated. Perched on a hill side rooms boast unobstructed views of Lake Garda, plus wooden floors and elegant furniture. A restaurant serving traditional cuisine and homemade cakes, cheeses and croissants. You'll be tempted to call it home. See More
LaGare Hotel Milan 141 rooms from £192Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Spa
Antica Locanda dei Mercanti Milan (Lombardy) 15 rooms from £200Value chic - Great value for beautiful hotel- light and airy rooms with fresh seasonal flowers, right in the centre of the Old City.Sights nearby - Right in the heart of old Milan, you are within walking distance of Castello Sforzesco and the Duomo.Romantic - Good for couples.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Recommended by - Sawdays, Michelin Travel, Great Small Hotels
Pretty and centrally located B&B that doesn’t break the bank. This old merchant's house, recently renovated, is contemporary country in style - creams, floral and wood floors. The spectacular suites on the top floor have wrought iron four posters and private terraces. A hotel that is hard to come by See More
Hotel Spadari al Duomo Milan 40 rooms from £208Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the Duomo, fashion district and La ScalaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Chateau Monfort Milan (ang.Viale Plave) 77 rooms from £213Bar - 'Cella di Bacco', The Cellar Bar in a vaulted room offers wonderful wine tasting around an oak tableRestaurant - Afternoon tea in the Rabacuori restaruant is a treat, tiny sandwiches and elegant cakesTheme hotel - Bedrooms are themed, spend the night in Cinderalla's fairy tale suiteCity Style - A short walk to the Duomo and the Quadrilatero fashion districtRecommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
The Yard Milan 32 rooms from £216Sights nearby - No trip to Milan would be complete without visiting the Duomo.Local markets - Browse the bustling nearby Municipal Market.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Swish and sophisticated, The Yard is perfect for people looking for a hip spot to bed down in Milan. A retro sports theme runs throughout the hotel's design. Offering luxurious rooms, two excellent restaurants and a lively bar, it's a great launchpad for a trip to the city. See More
Grand Hotel Bagni Nuovi Bormio 74 rooms from £250Romantic - Good for couples.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Luxury abounds at the magnificent Grand Hotel Bagni Nuovi. Set just outside of Bormio, it enjoys a privileged position within glorious grounds and has wonderful unobscured views over the surrounding mountains. Covering all bases and more, it's a hard place to leave once you've arrived. See More
Relais da Vittorio Bergamo 10 rooms from £217FoodiesCooking classes - The restaurant has a professional cookery school.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux
A famous restaurant with boutique rooms. Da Vittorio restaurant ranks as one of the best in the world and has been in the family for generations. Boutique rooms and suites have elegant furnishings. Excellent food, swimming pool and gardens, and extensive facilities for special occasions. Foodies! See More
Hotel Viu Milan 124 rooms from £219City Style - From the lush vertical garden, to the stunning rooftop pool (the only one in milan) this hotel oozes eco glitz and glamour!Local exploring - Head out and explore the cool up-and-coming Porta Volta, sandwiched between the city centre and the finacial districtGreat walks - Wander around the city's streets or go for a hike up Cimitero MonumentaleSights nearby - The historic Sforzesco Castle and stunning Duomo Milan are must visitsRecommended by - Tablet, Design Hotels, Mr & Mrs Smith
The 5* Hotel Viu, is set in Chinatown bordering the hip Porta Volta. Contemporary designer accommodation featuring marble bathrooms and a trendy vertical garden. Grab a drink at the Mixology Bar and be sure to watch the sunset on their rooftop terrace! Gourmet cuisine served at the restaurant. See More
Hotel de la Ville Monza 70 rooms from £221Sights nearby - The Monza's Royal Palace of Savoy and its palatial gardens are visible from the hotel and a must visit.Great walks - Through the tranquil gardens of Parco di Monza.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
In the same family for generations and overlooking the Royal House of Savoy this property is steeped in history. Jam packed with antiques and oil paintings it has an air of grandness. High standards continue in the Derby Grill where head chef believes in seasonal cuisine. A lesson in timeless charm. See More
Palazzo Segreti Milan 18 rooms from £257Sights nearby - Visit the iconic Leonardo da Vinci’s The Last SupperClose to nightlife - Take in everything this eclectic city has to offerLocal markets - Visit the most popular market on Viale PapinianOther Activities - Visit Luini district for legendary lunchesRecommended by - I Escape
Just steps away from Milan's fashion district, this is ancient Italy meeting sophisticated modern elegance. The stunning lighting and large, comfortable rooms create a calm ambience. This intimate hotel is the perfect choice for those interested in luxury shopping, and excellent Italian restaurants. See More
L’Albereta Erbusco-Franciacorta, Lake Iseo 57 rooms from £226Country EscapeSpa - Espace Vitalite Henri Chenot led by a team of physicians, therapists, dieticians & beauticians.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Recommended by - Tablet, Relais & Chateaux
Magna Pars Suites Milan 39 rooms from £226City StyleSights nearby - Well located for major sights.BoutiqueSpa
Milano Scala Milan 62 rooms from £226City StyleSights nearby - Situated in the heart of the Brera districtKids Club - Fully staffed.Spa
A large contemporary hotel in a traditional Milanese palazzo. Rooms and suites have plush furnishings, parquet floors, splashes of modern art, and private balconies overlooking the inner courtyard. Excellent restaurants, terraces, meeting rooms and wellness centre cater to just about any city visit. See More
Hotel Bagni Vecchi Bormio 36 rooms from £260Great walks - The surrounding valley is full of wonderful walking routes.Private Hot TubSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Its hard to look past Hotel Bagni Vecchi's stunning location overlooking the surrounding valley. Built into the hillside, this luxurious hotel boasts charming rooms, a superb spa, great restaurant and a picturesque outdoor pool. With great skiing on the doorstep, it's a real gem. See More
The Gray Milan 21 rooms from £252City Style - A sophisticated design hotel in central Milan, sleek rooms exude elegance- think ebony wood furniture, ivory fabrics & leather.Romantic Break - Perfect for a grown up weekend away- make the most of the enourmous baths, private steam rooms and chic fine dining restaurant.Sights nearby - The Duomo and Milan's Royal Palace are under five minutes walk from this central hotel.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Hip, contemporary boutique hotel with a sense of fun in a central location. Neutral colours with splashes of bold colour bedeck the interiors. The bedrooms feature white ostrich leather, crocodile, steel and travertine. Two suites have private gyms, Turkish baths, or hot tubs. Great food too. See More
Straf Milan (Lombardy) 64 rooms from £268City Style - Vintage 19th-century facade meets urban interiors with oxidized copper, black slate with scratched mirrors and gauzed glass.Total relaxation - Well-being and Relax Rooms come with aroma and chromo therapy treatments as well as massage armchairs.Sights nearby - Museum of the Twentieth Century and the Duomo are within walking distance.Designer - By Italian architect and designer Vincenzo de Cotiis.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Ultra cool, 21st Century designs in a super-central location. A classic facade encases a minimalist industrial aesthetic - burnished brass, polished concrete, glass and iron. Bedrooms are decked with black stone and shimmering brass bathrooms. A hip destination for those with creative sides. See More
Principe di Savoia Milan 301 rooms from £304City Style5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Sights nearby - A free shuttle service wherever you want to go ensures that everything is close by!Swimming Pool - Heated indoor poolRecommended by - Tablet
Villa Lario Pognana Lario, Lake Como 5 rooms from £330Local exploring - Ideal luxury base for explore Lake Como and the surrounding areaViews - Stunning views over Lake Como to the mountains beyondGreat walks - There are great walks for all levels of fitness in the surrounding countrysideCooking classes - The chef runs cookery classes for hotel guests
Chic Italian architecture meets modern luxury. Elegant all suite accommodation (two corner suites with wrap around balconies), right on Lake Como's shore. Enjoy watersports from the private jetty or relax by the elegant infinity pool. A fine Italian restaurant and stylish lounge complete the picture See More
Grand Hotel et de Milan Milan 95 rooms from £344City Style - Rooms range from old school lavish with rich fabrics and antique furnishings, to art deco and deisgn- all with equal glamour.Sights nearby - A ten minute walk from the magnificent Duomo Cathedral and the 18th-century Royal Palace of Milan.Views - Great views from hotelOpulentRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Old fashioned luxury with an operatic history - the doyenne of Milan's five-star hotels just a stone's throw from La Scala opera house. Rich drapes, antiques and fine paintings fill the interiors, wonderfully opulent throughout. Traditional milanese cuisine and a popular bar. See More
Palazzo Parigi Milan 98 rooms from £348City Style - Milan style-granduer comes in abundance in this luxury hotel.Sights nearby - The cities' 14th century Duomo is not to be missed.Swimming Pool - Indoor pool.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
A classically grand Italian hotel in one of Milan's most fashionable districts, Brera. Large, light rooms offer up spectacular city views. Modern yet with traditional touches including stone fireplaces and marble clad bathrooms. Two excellent restaurants within elegant surrounds. A spoiling stay. See More
Armani Hotel Milan (Milano) 95 rooms from £515Business meetings - The exclusive Armani business centre is an ideal venue to organise business meetings, conferences and private partiesLocal exploring - Milan is brimming with cultural richness, from its fashion scene to its vast heritageSights nearby - Guests can explore the city's attractions such as Duomo Cathedral and the church holding Da Vinci's 'Last Supper'Local markets - Take a stroll down Viale Papiniano and peruse the eclectic antiques, crafts and cashmere being soldRecommended by - Tablet
Featuring exclusive Armani style, this hotel blends slick inner-spaces with first-rate hospitality. The rooms' austere hues lend a refined feel to the minimalist decor. The chic restaurant serves local cuisine and the spa boasts an unrivalled relaxation area. An undeniably classy stay. See More
Park Hyatt Milano Milan (Lombardy) 106 rooms from £630City Style - Unbeatable location, facing Galleria Vittorio Emanuele II, bold contemporary design pays homage to classic Baroque elegance.Foodies - The seven course tasting menu at Michelin stared VUN restaurant by chef Andrea Aprea, is worth a trip alone.Sights nearby - Steps from all of Milans most beautiful sights- Piazza della Duomo, the Teatro della Scala, and the Galleria Vittorio Emanuele.Designer - Designed by American-born and Parisian-based architect Edward Tuttle.Recommended by - Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel, Tablet
Classic meets contemporary design in a fabulously central location on the doorstep of the most prestigious shopping streets. Serene and airy interiors - palettes of cream, beige and soft greys. Luxurious facilities include a spa and fitness centre, buzzy cocktail bar and good restaurant. City style. See More
Four Seasons Milan Milan (Lombardy) 118 rooms from £687City Style - Cutting edge interiors meet orginal features such as including frescoes, columns, vaulted ceilings and oval spiral staircases.Romantic Break - Oozing romance from every pore, with ortuny fabrics, deep soaking tubs, chic restaurants and effortlessly glamourous feel.Great walks - Walking Tours can be arranged and are a great way to see the art and architecture of Milan.Sights nearby - The Cathedral is only a ten minute walk away and is well worth checking out.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Modern, stylish luxury in a 15th-Century monastery with a beautiful cloistered garden. Large individually designed bedrooms with luxurious fabrics and opulent marble bathrooms. An excellent gourmet restaurant and fab spa. Though it is seriously luxurious and sophisticated, also a great family choice See More
Bulgari Milan (Lombardy) 58 rooms from £811Romantic Break - Romance is in the air- think couples massages, deep soaking tubs, candlelight meals under the stars in the fragrant gardens.City Style - The epitome of style- with black marble and granite, bronze, teak and oak fittings, spectacular gardens and palatial suites.Great walks - The hotels impressive gardens are infact an extension of the next door Botanical Gardens, well worth a wander around!Sights nearby - Explore the Brera area in style with a hotel luxury car service.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Sleek glamour meets opulence and indulgence within Milan’s old city walls. Minimal interiors- black and white marbles, beiges and browns. Chic rooms have teak balconies, some overlooking the stunning 700 year old garden. Sensational spa, indoor pool and great food. Favorite haunt of Milan's elite. See More