Love The Hotel Guru ! Jackie Maillard.
Search the best hotels in Sliema
Sliema, meaning 'peace, comfort', was once a sleepy fishing village and is now a lively town on the northeastern coast of Malta. On a peninsula to the north of Valletta, the town is home to a vibrant seafront promenade that has formed something of a nightlife hub. Not as charming as Valletta, Sliema has more of a metropolitan feel than the capital, so it's a good base for people looking for a buzzy atmopshere. The best places to stay in Sliema tend to be upmarket modern hotels.
Things not to miss:
- Wander down to the Sliema Front, a seaside promenade that has developed in recent times into a cultural hub with many bars, restaurants and cafes dotted along the front.
- Sliema is home to a number of lovely churches including Church of In-Nazzarenu and Stella Maris.
- Ferries run all day between Sliema and Valletta, so it's very easy to get across to the capital.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Sliema range from luxurious modern hotels to 19th century Maltese institutions.
The best places to stay in Sliema
For historic charm
- Built in the 19th century, the Victoria Hotel harks back to the bygone era of British settlement in Malta. With all the hallmarks of colonial culture, the hotel features mahogany furniture, grand pianos and big fireplaces. The rooftop swimming pool is one of the best places to relax in Sliema.
For modern luxury
- You'd have to be a pretty bold owner to name your hotel simply The Palace but this superb five-star hotel makes good on such a billing. Contemporary and cosmospolitan, some of its highlights include a superb spa, an excellent restaurant and a lively rooftop bar.
For boutique stays
- In the bustling centre of Sliema the Blanc Boutique Hotel is a sleekly designed guesthouse featuring eight suites with A/C, TVs, kitchenettes and mini bars. Along with an on-site bar, there is a hot tub and most suites have a terrace.
For a private apartment
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The nearest airport to Sliema is Malta International (3 miles).
- For car hire, visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Daily ferries run between Sliema and Valletta.
- The best time to visit Sliema is either from April to June or September to October when the weather is temperate and the crowds are less.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Sliema
Victoria Hotel Sliema 150 rooms from £104
Malta’s equivalent to a Pall Mall gentleman’s club set in the 19th century. Traditional elegance - grand pianos, open fireplaces, leather chairs, gilded mirrors, mahogany furniture, and antique paintings. A luxurious spa, rooftop terrace with pool and leisurely restaurant. For business and pleasure.Sights nearby - Located in urban Sliema, just a few minutes’ drive from the Capital City, VallettaSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.
Blanc Boutique Hotel Sliema from £114
In the bustling centre of Sliema, this sleekly designed guesthouse features eight suites with A/C, TVs, kitchenettes and mini bars. Along with an on-site bar, there is a hot tub and most suites have a terrace. Breakfast is included and there are many restaurants and bars in the area to choose from.Local exploring - Ideally positioned for accessing Malta's main attractions.Great walks - Take a stroll along the nearby promenade.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.
The Palace Sliema 149 rooms from £139
Cosmopolitan sanctuary with a difference in the urban heart of Sliema. Unique concept suites in ultra contemporary design - minimalism, chromes, stones, marbles, ochres, state-of-the-art sound systems. Fantastic spa and rooftop nightlife. A masterpiece in modern lifestyle.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolLively - Hip and happening.On the beach - In front of the hotel.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection