- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Stellenbosch
Stellenbosch has it all. The oak lined university town is a stone’s throw from Cape Town and rivals the city's vibrant nightlife and architectural beauty. The town is also surrounded by stunning mountains and national parks with beautiful vineyards nestled in between. Stellenbosch is a great place to get a feel for the area’s Dutch ancestry with fantastically well-kept museums littered about the town. We’ve selected the best places to stay in Stellenbosch to take it all in!
What not to miss:
Visit Stellenbosch Waterford Estate just outside of the town and try some of their locally made wine, maybe even pair it with some of their locally made chocolate!
For an alternative (or additional…) wine tour, go to Warwick Wine Estate and indulge in fantastic drinks amidst spectacular scenery. The gourmet picnic is not to be missed.
The Stellenbosch University Botanical Garden is located in the centre of the town and houses an amazing array of plant life, both local and foreign. A must visit for outdoor and indoor enthusiasts alike!
- Encounter some eagles at Eagle Encounters South Africa. But don’t be fooled by the name, the reserve also houses a great deal of other species, including some spectacular owls.
- Learn about the town's fascinating history at the Stellenbosch Village Museum featuring historically restored and furnished buildings and staff members dressed in period costumes.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Stellenbosch include everything from modern and luxurious properties to a rustic rural retreat.
For A rural retreat
Hawksmoor House is a charming hideaway outside Stellenbosch with views of Table Mountain to the South. Traditional architecture, antique furnishings and a great pool make this an ideal spot for relaxation. Very family friendly.
Contemporary and close to town
- Just on the outskirts of the town, Majeka House features modem architecture and all the comforts associated with it. Beautiful furnishings, a superb spa and plenty of swimming pools make this an ideal choice. It’s also conveniently close to the vineyards so a drink's never far away!
For an apartment or lodge
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great range of properties ideal for enjoying the vineyards and dramatic scenery.
- Fly to Cape Town International Airport situated only 37km (23 miles) from Stellenbosch. The airport has a large number of domestic connections and fulfils several international carriers.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the stunning vineyards and beyond - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- For the best weather, aim to visit between October and March. The winter season (June to August) can be comparatively cold with temperatures in the mid-teens and a good deal of precipitation to water those grapes!
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Stellenbosch
Hawksmoor House 15 rooms from £134Stellenbosch (East-Rural)
Hawksmoor House is set on a farm along the Stellenbosch Wine route. This tranquil property offers chic, elegant accommodation featuring antique furnishings. Relax by the pool soaking up the sun and taking in the views of Table Mountain! A fantastic country retreat offering hearty breakfasts.Families - The ideal family getaway on this homely working farm offering family suites plenty of space and a lovely poolLocal exploring - Close enough for you to nip into Capetown and explore, right on the edge of the WinelandsWeddings - Hawksmoor House offers a scenic, historic and authentic location for your big dayGreat walks - The winelands is home to plenty of stunning hiking trailsRecommended by - I Escape
Majeka House 23 rooms from £158Stellenbosch (Cape Town)
Fun, modern hotel featuring beautifully upholstered furnishings, state of the art bathrooms and statement murals and wallpapering. The hotel has a total of four pools plus a relaxing spa and hammam. Its Makaron Restaurant is famed for its superlative cuisine. Prime wine country, foodies will love.Local markets - tellenbosch Organic Farmers Market has a superb collection of fine foods.Swimming Pool - Indoor and outdoor.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Spa