- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Chipping Campden
About Chipping Campden
There's no shortage of pretty towns in the Cotswolds, but Chipping Campden is especially lovely with a graceful main street lined with postcard-perfect cottages in the Cotswold's golden-stone (where many of the best places to stay in Chipping Campden can be found).
What not to Miss
- Part of the grace of the town can be attributed to its relative wealth. This was a big wool centre in the Middle Ages and the 'Chipping' part of the name comes from 'cheapen' or market, denoting the town's market town status.
- There is a grand 17th Century Market Hall in the middle of the High Street and an impressive 14th Century wool merchant's mansion. And that's just the High Street!
- As well as grand residences and the extraordinary gardens of Hidcote, just four miles from town, the area around Chipping Campden is also home to several old mills, one of which became a centre for Charles Ashbee's Guild of Handicrafts, an important chapter in the Arts and Crafts movement of the early 20th Century.
- Chipping Campden is also home to the Cotswolds Olimpick Games, held late May, early June and including the unusual sport of 'shin kicking' and a closing ceremony featuring a maypole and Morris dancing.
The village is a hugely popular destination especially during the busy summer months. So if you want to book a room in one of the best places to stay in Chipping Campden you'll have to plan well ahead.
The Best Places to Stay in Chipping Campden
- The Cotswold House Hotel is a 25 room Regency era hotel with a useful mix of modern technology and attractive antiques - there's a beautiful grand spiral staircase up to rooms which have Bang & Olufsen TVs. Downstairs there's a choice of public rooms including a fine dining restaurant and a more modern bistro. There are also two acres of well tended gardens for guests to enjoy.
- Just outside Chipping Campden, Foxhill Manor is a Grade II listed private manor-house hotel with eight stately bedrooms and suites. The service is personal and relaxed and there is someone available 24hours a day.
- Dormy House is a newly refurbished country house hotel in the heart of the Cotswolds with 38 oak-beamed rooms featuring wooden panelling and open fires. The ‘newly refurbished’ bit is the modern decor and mod.cons.. Perfect for families as well as couples looking for a pampering mini-break.
- Lower Brook House is a charming B&B with a scenic backdrop close to Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh. There are just six rooms - all with four-poster beds - and a lovely restaurant and gardens.
- The Fish is a on an 400acre estate close to Chipping Campden. This laid-back, modern hotel has 67 rooms and offers loads to do, from archery to segway safaris.
Best Pubs with Rooms
- The Seagrave Arms dates back to 1740 and is a commanding, double-fronted property with some beautiful original features. Think open fireplaces and flagstones. There’s also excellent locally sourced food and prize-winning trout fishing nearby.
On a budget
- The King’s Hotel is a handsome hotel boasting 19 modern rooms and an award-winning, oak-beamed restaurant showcasing local ingredients.
For an Apartment or cottage
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private cottage we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
- Birmingham International Airport is the closest airport to Chipping Campden and is well connected to the rest of the UK and Europe. From there it’s a short, scenic drive south. Or you can arrive by train to Moreton-in-the-Marsh, just five miles away from Chipping Campden. You’re also just ten miles from Stratford-upon-Avon and about 15 miles from Oxford.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you want to stay in Chipping Campden and see more of the Cotswolds - we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- The Cotswolds is one of those destinations where every season has something to warrant a visit. In winter it’s quiet, perfect for bracing walks and sitting by a roaring fire in the local pub. In spring you’ll see the daffodils. In summer there’s sunshine and plenty of buzz and in autumn the charing colours are spectacular.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Chipping Campden
The Seagrave Arms 8 rooms from £90Chipping Campden (Gloucestershire)
Dating back to 1740 this commanding double fronted Georgian property sits in a quintessentially Cotswolds village. Original features including flagstone floors, sash windows and open fireplaces are complemented with soft patterned linens and comfy beds. Locally sourced food is top notch.Fishing - Hook yourself a prize winning trout in the surrounding rivers and chalkstreams.Sights nearby - Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon are both no more than 20 minutes drive away.Great walks - Walk a portion of the famous Cotswolds Way.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
The King’s Hotel 19 rooms from £90Chipping Campden
A handsome hotel in the chocolate-box town of Chipping Campden that boasts modern bedrooms with historical charm. The oak-beamed restaurant serves food showcasing seasonal local ingredients. The perfect choice for a quintessential British stay.Local exploring - Well located within one of the UK's most scenic counties, think historic towns and villages set amidst rolling hills.Foodies - An award winning restaurant serving contemporary British cuisine in cosy surrounds.Great walks - Find miles of picturesque walking trails waiting to be explored.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the imposing Warwick Castle.
The Ebrington Arms 5 rooms from £110Chipping Campden
A charming village pub offering that quintessentially British experience. Atmospheric and luxurious rooms are dotted with well placed antiques set against white washed walls. The best have roll top baths. The restaurant serves hearty fare by a roaring fire and the owners even produce their own beer.Country Escape - Almost within spitting distance from London and in some of the UK's most scenic countryside this is a weekend away worth taking.Sights nearby - Visit Broadway Tower marked out as the highest castle of the Cotswolds.Great walks - Stroll through the exquisite National Trust's Hidcote Gardens.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
Cotswold House Hotel 28 rooms from £144Chipping Campden, The Cotswolds
A historic property in the heart of a quaint village. Rooms are modern with indulgent bathrooms - think rain showers and large free standing baths. Open fireplaces give a cosy feel. Relaxed dining areas serve food inspired by local produce. The six room spa is excellent. The perfect country escape.Total relaxation - Refresh yourself at this quaint country retreat, enjoy spa treatments, long walks and deep soaking tubs!Sights nearby - Just 5kms away is Broadway Tower a unique Capability Brown Folly Tower which has imressive views.Local markets - Chipping Campden has a whole range of quirky independent shops selling crafts and gifts.Great walks - Explore the Cotswolds countryside, renowned for it's natural beauty and serenity.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels