Search the best hotels in Gloucestershire
Gloucestershire is the green heart of England. From the postcard perfect, thatched-cottage towns of the Cotswolds and the architectural splendour of Gloucester cathedral to the beautifully refined 18th Century mansions of Cheltenham. It is rich in beauty, and in country house hotels and townhouse B&Bs, which make up many of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire.
The gently rolling wolds (hills) of the Cotswolds are the green and pleasant rural England many visitors are looking for. Biscuit-tin villages (Chipping Campden tops many lists in this category) nestled along winding rivers, and the smattering of honey coloured churches and manor houses make this one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire.
Mysterious and beautiful, the Forest of Dean is Gloucestershire's second Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty (most people think of the Cotswolds first). It’s England’s oldest oak forest, the UK’s first National Park, and an inspiration for all sorts of well known literature and lore.
Cheltenham, like Bath, was a spa retreat in the 18th Century, and there are similarities in the city's graceful architecture. And it's well loved and cared for, and regularly embellished with a festival. And of course the races. Definitely one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire if you like shopping, dining and a flutter.
Some of our Gloucestershire collections:
- 20 of Gloucestershire's Best Pubs with Rooms
- 13 of Gloucestershire's Most Romantic Hotels
- The Best Hotels in the Forest of Dean
- Hotels with hot tubs in Gloucestershire
What not to Miss
- If you've ever fancied a snack mid-afternoon, the Cotswolds is for you - cream teas and proper afternoon teas are big here. Likewise if you like your landscape neat, your beams exposed and your pubs and inns rustic and friendly. Plus the popularity of the area with visitors has significantly increased the number of book, art and antiques boutiques.
- Some of the Cotswold's best known towns are Burford, Stow-on-the-Wold, Chipping Norton and Broadway.
- Charming Cirencester is an elegant Cotswolds market town with plenty of lovely Victorian architecture. Under the Romans it was Britain's second city, and there’s an excellent Roman Museum and the ruins of a Roman amphitheatre.
- If you're at all interested in art and design, you might like to visit Chipping Campden, the birthplace of the Arts and Crafts movement, founded by William Morris at the end of the 19th Century. As well as grand residences and the extraordinary gardens of Hidcote, just four miles from town, the area around Chipping Campden is also home to several old mills, one of which became a centre for Charles Ashbee's Guild of Handicrafts.
- With all this farmland, Gloucestershire also hosts a myriad of farmer's markets, so this is a great destination for foodies.
- Cheltenham is England's most complete Regency town, with houses characterised by their intricate ironwork balconies and painted stucco facades. It’s also known for its award-winning green spaces.
- Still in Cheltenham, check out the beautiful Montpellier district, adorned with a fantastic selection of shops, restaurants and bars, and of course the racecourse, one of the world’s foremost horse racing venues.
- Beautiful, and even a little mysterious at times, the Forest of Dean is an ancient woodland, a wonderful place to walk, or bike, or even paddle through.
- Take an historic journey aboard the Gloucestershire Warwickshire Heritage Steam Railway through the Cotswolds.
The Best places to stay in Gloucestershire
For the Cotswolds
- Cowley Manor is one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire if you're looking for a rural escape. Its gardens are heritage listed so that covers the rural bit, but the spa and restaurant are both modern and award winning - so also one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire if you need to unwind and treat yourself.
- If you're looking for something 'in town', then No. 12 is one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire for you. In historic Cirencester, this converted wool merchant's house has a grand facade and just the four individually decorated rooms, making it ideal for couples. What with the restaurants and boutiques in walking distance etc.
- The Painswick is a lovingly restored 18th century manor near ornate Rococo gardens and 16 lovely bedrooms. The decor feels very countrified, but there’s a very modern spa and an excellent restaurant.
For the Forest of Dean
- Tudor Farmhouse is a perfect base for exploring this region. On the edge of the Forest of Dean and just outside historic Clearwell village, it offers country chic rooms and suites, acres of gorgeous gardens and an award winning restaurant.
- Or you might go slightly out of the forest for Wilton Court, a country restaurant with rooms right on the River Wye. There are just eleven peaceful, elegant rooms beautiful gardens and access to excellent fishing.
- The Three Choirs Vineyards is a working vineyard with 100 rolling acres, and a hilltop restaurant with eleven rooms. Perfect for foodies and wine lovers, of course, but also great for walkers and fisher-folk.
- For a luxurious city break The Cheltenham Townhouse is a regency property located in a leafy corner, just five minutes walk from Cheltenham centre. Rooms are decorated in neutral palettes with big beds, soft furnishings and spacious bathrooms. There are also five studio apartments. A luxurious, central stay and excellent value for money.
- If you're heading for the races, then book Ellenborough Park. Just on the outskirts of town, and a short hop from the racetrack, it has all the amenities you could possibly think of. Luxury comes as standard and the restaurant boasts 3 AA Rosettes, but it's certainly not cheap.
For Picturesque Rural Views
- Burleigh Court has some of the most stunning views you'll find anywhere. Nestled in a beautiful patch of Cotswold countryside it boasts panoramic views over the Golden Valley. In addition you can expect a range of charming rooms and suites, historic Art Deco plunge pool and wonderful 2 AA Rosette restaurant.
- Bibury Court has one of the most beautiful locations of any Cotswolds hotel - it's a majestic and much-photographed Jacobean manor on the trout-filled River Coln. The village it's just outside is also considered one of the most beautiful in the region.
- Barnsley House was formerly the home of the renowned horticulturalist Rosemary Verey, so its gardens are spectacularly beautiful and diverse. There are 18 rooms and a lovely, but low key spa tucked away down a shady path. Romantic and very peaceful.
For a country house hotel
- The name makes it sound a bit gimmicky, but the Lords of the Manor Hotel is actually an elegant and understated affair in honey coloured stone, surround by beautiful gardens then parkland. There's also a Michelin starred restaurant. And excellent fishing nearby.
- Lower Slaughter Manor is a fantastic manor house hotel surrounded by elegant gardens and lawns. The 19 rooms themselves are also elegant, as are the public spaces, and there's a great restaurant and plenty of sporty facilities to help you enjoy the great outdoors. This is an unstuffy country house break.
- Buckland Manor is the kind of place you might expect to run into Miss Marple taking tea: a traditional old manor house in peaceful grounds with 13 beautiful rooms. Here men are expected to don a jacket and tie for dinner, where you'll also be able to take advantage of their impressive wine cellar.
- The Five Alls at Filkins is a glorious country pub acclaimed for its food, beautiful gardens and cosy, rustic rooms.
- The Dial House Hotel in pretty Cotswold classic, Bourton on the Water, was an elegant 17th century mansion before it became a charming, 14 room hotel - the premium rooms have four-poster beds and roll-top baths. The interiors are stylish, yet traditional and there’s an award-winning restaurant.
- The Ragged Cot is a lovely 17th century inn in a beautiful spot overlooking 600 acres of National Trust land - perfect for long walks. There are just nine rooms. The menu is seasonal and very good.
- One of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire for people looking for something unique is Oak House No.1. Georgian by age, but eclectic by design and interior, their four rooms are all individually designed and fabulously filled with art and antiques collected from around the world.
- What the Oak House doesn't have is a Michelin-starred restaurant. But Whatley Manor does. It also has an award winning spa, all the best high-tech luxuries, the buildings are outstanding and they don't allow children under 12. So definitely one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire for honeymooners.
- The New Inn at Coln is a 17th Century coaching inn, with modern, comfortable interiors, an award winning restaurant, a roaring fire and a selection of Gloucestershire's best ales.
- Lower Brook House is a charming B&B with a scenic backdrop close to Chipping Campden and Moreton-in-Marsh. There are just six rooms - all with four-poster beds - and a lovely restaurant and gardens.
- Calcot Manor Hotel is one of the best examples in the country of a genuinely family-friendly hotel that also works for couples. Set in its own estate, the former farmhouse, with a courtyard of lime trees and old barns, is praised for the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. There are comfortable bedrooms, an indoor pool and an outdoor hot tub, next to a roaring fire.
- Great for couples and families alike, No. 38 The Park is a beautiful Georgian townhouse hotel set in a park just off from the centre of Cheltenham. Rooms are plush and spacious, many being fitted with beautiful roll tubs. Elegant and understated with a cool twist.
- The Fish is a on an 400 acre estate close to Chipping Campden. This laid-back, modern hotel has 67 rooms and offers loads to do, from archery to segway safaris.
The Best Pubs with Rooms
- The Hare and Hounds Hotel on the edge of Tetubry is a traditional feeling country house hotel with 19 freshly refurbished rooms and suites and a popular local restaurant and pub. Rooms start from around £100 per night.
For great value
- If you're on a budget the best place to stay in Gloucestershire has got to be The Big Sleep. A cross between a hostel and a hotel, the rooms are simple but well designed, the location is excellent and the facilities are pared back. And all from £55 per night including breakfast - so also one of the best places to stay in Gloucestershire for families.
- The Porch House in Stow on the Wold claims to be Britain’s Oldest Inn, and it’s been around since 947, so it’s got a good case. Inside the Heritage Listed building are 13 stylish rooms with exposed stone walls and beams and roll top baths. The rooms rate starts from around £90 per night.
Prefer a self-catering Apartment or cottage?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private cottage we recommend you visit our online partner, booking.com.
- Gloucestershire Airport is in Staverton, Tewkesbury, but most of its services are chartered and private. Cotswold Airport is the same. The closest international airports are Bristol Airport - the nearest major airport to Cheltenham, situated 83km away with a range of connections to the rest of the UK and Europe, and Birmingham International Airport - the closest airport to Chipping Campden and also well connected to the rest of the UK and Europe. And Chicago. Or you can arrive in Gloucestershire by rail or road.
- If you want to hire a car - which we strongly advise if you want to see all the highlights of Gloucestershire - we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Gloucestershire is one of those destinations where every season has something to warrant a visit. In winter it’s quiet, perfect for bracing walks and sitting by a roaring fire in the local pub, plus there’s racing in Cheltenham. In spring the Cotswolds is ripe with daffodils, in summer there’s sunshine, festivals and plenty of buzz, and in autumn the charing colours are spectacular. Summer is most popular for visitors, but many of those visitors are visiting the whole of the UK.
Still not sure which to book?
- Refine your search to the best places to stay in the Cotswolds?
- or the Best Country House Hotels in the Cotswolds?
- or the best places to stay in Cheltenham,
- or Chipping Campden?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Gloucestershire
Best Hotels in Gloucestershire
Burleigh Court Stroud, Gloucestershire 18 rooms from £99Exclusive offer - Autumn Short BreakCountry Escape - With its charming country-style interiors, jaw dropping views, great food and location, it's perfect for a rural getawayLocal exploring - Ideally positioned for getting out and about in the CotswoldsViews - Panoramic views over the surrounding Cotswolds countrysideFoodies - The excellent restaurant has been awarded 2 AA Rosettes
A charming 19th century grade II listed manor house in the heart of the Cotswolds. Rooms and suites are done in country-chic style but with welcome modern accessories including power showers and soaking tubs. Excellent 2 AA Rosette restaurant, plus mature gardens and views to die for. Country bliss! See More
The Holford Arms Tetbury, Gloucestershire 6 rooms from £60Sights nearby - Visit the magnificent royal residence of Highgrove with its lovely gardens.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of glorious walking trails.
Quiet and charming, The Holford Arms is a great spot for a weekend in the countryside. Set amidst beautiful Cotswolds scenes, the inn offers lovely rooms, an atmospheric pub and delicious food in the restaurant. Boutique camping options available for people looking for an al fresco option. See More
The Moda House Chipping Sodbury, Gloucestershire 11 rooms from £67Active Holiday - A charming B&B in a pretty market town with easy access to fabulous walks along the Cotswold Way.Great walks - Find easy access to great walks including the Cotswold Way, the Monarch Way and the Frome Valley Walk.Restrictions on children - Adult onlyLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Sawdays
A welcoming B&B set in the centre of a pretty Cotswold town. Eleven cosy bedrooms are simply styled and feature a scattering of interesting artefacts from the owners extensive travels. Indulgent breakfasts are served, setting you up perfectly for a day walking in the countryside. See More
The Big Sleep Cheltenham 60 rooms from £68Value chic - An ideal budget option, just a ten minute walk from the centre and boasts special rates at local restaurants.Sights nearby - Visit the Pitville Pump Rooms and learn a little of their history.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
The Cheltenham Townhouse Cheltenham (Gloucestershire) 21 rooms from £78Sights nearby - The Pittville Pump Room (the UK's largest spa building) and Cheltenham Town Hall are both worth a visit.BoutiqueTraditional
Regency property located in a leafy corner, just five minutes walk from Cheltenham centre. Rooms are decorated in neutral palettes with big beds, soft furnishings and spacious bathrooms. There are also five studio apartments. A luxurious, central stay and excellent value for money. See More
The Ragged Cot STROUD, Gloucestershire 9 rooms from £85Country Escape - Surrounded by bucolic Gloucestershire there are plenty of 'country' activities - and lots of pubs.Romantic Break - The perfect hidey hole for a weekend break in the country.Great walks - The National Trust lands of Minchinhampton and Rodborough Commons are prime walking territory.Local markets - The market town of Minchinhampton hs awash with farm stalls and antique shops.
The Bradley Cheltenham 8 rooms from £88Sights nearby - The period properties of Sudeley Castle & Gardens, Snowshill Manor, Hidcote Manor and Lodge Park are all worth a visit.Great walks - Lineover Wood & Ravensgate Hill, just on the outskirts of town, have beautiful vistas of the English countryside.Restrictions on children - Children above the age of 11 are welcome.Full of characterRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Located in the desirable Montpellier district of town this Regency house has been in the same family for over 100 years. Rooms are decorated in a traditional Edwardian style with antiques, rich fabrics and four poster beds yet with all modern amenities and bathrooms. A local breakfast is served. See More
The King's Arms Didmarton, Gloucestershire 6 rooms from £90Value chic - At the King's Arms stylish rooms which can be had for as little as £75 per night B&B.Local exploring - Ideal if you want to explore the wider Cotswolds.Sights nearby - A wide range of places to visit close by including Badminton House, Highgrove House and Westonbirt ArboretumGreat walks - The Cotswolds is great walking country and there are many routes close by the King's Arms
The King's Arms is a traditional 17th century coaching inn in the heart of the Cotswolds. Stylish rooms with feature walls of George Stubbs paintings, antique furniture, four posters & cosy sheepskin rugs. Or cottages for groups or families. Great British pub food, real ale and excellent value too! See More
The Sheep on Sheep Street Stow on the Wold (Gloucestershire) 22 rooms from £90Local exploring - The Sheep on Sheep Street is a great base from which to explore the quaint Cotswolds!Romantic Break - Chic accommodation and top-notch grub make this an ideal spot for a romantic breakLocal markets - Be sure to check out the town's Farmers' Market-held every second and last Thursday of the monthGreat walks - Go for a lovely long walk through the gorgeous Batsford Arboretum
The Sheep on Sheep Street is set in the historic market town of Stow on the Wold. This property boasts chic renovated interiors and spacious accommodation featuring king sized beds and en suites. Only one dog-friendly room so be sure to check in advance! Locally sourced food. A lovely unfussy stay! See More
The Seagrave Arms Chipping Campden (Gloucestershire) 8 rooms from £90Fishing - Hook yourself a prize winning trout in the surrounding rivers and chalkstreams.Sights nearby - Cheltenham and Stratford-upon-Avon are both no more than 20 minutes drive away.Great walks - Walk a portion of the famous Cotswolds Way.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
Dating back to 1740 this commanding double fronted Georgian property sits in a quintessentially Cotswolds village. Original features including flagstone floors, sash windows and open fireplaces are complemented with soft patterned linens and comfy beds. Locally sourced food is top notch. See More
Stinchcombe Hill House Gloucestershire 3 rooms from £90Great walks - The surrounding area is full of lovely walking routes especially the nearby Cotswolds Way.Sights nearby - Take a trip to nearby Thornbury Castle.Restrictions on children - Adults only.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Elegant and charming, Stinchcombe Hill House is a delightful country house B&B. Each room is decorated with beautiful ornate furnishings, tasteful artwork and original design features. With beautiful gardens and lovely surrounding countryside, it's perfect for a rural escape. See More
Masons Arms Cirencester, Gloucestershire 8 rooms from £90Local exploring - A great base from which to explore the Thames Valley.Local markets - Visit the local farmers market at Fairford.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Lydiard Park.Romantic - Good for couples.
Beaumont House Cheltenham 16 rooms from £98Local exploring - Fantastic base to explore the region & Cheltenham's plethora of festivals: folk, jazz, food, science, music, literature & horsesGreat walks - Take a trip through nearby Cotswolds - an area of outstanding natural beautySights nearby - Visit Gloucester's 11th century Cathedral, the historic docksFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Five star hotel in a 19th century country house. Vibrant rooms styled with Asian or African accents have big bathrooms and elegant furniture. Great breakfasts served by attentive and friendly staff. Large gardens and off-road parking. A charming choice to explore Cheltenham and the Cotswolds. See More
The Porch House Stow on the Wold 13 rooms from £99Historic - C.947A.D. England's oldest Inn.Value chicOutstanding location - In the Cotswolds: Area of Outstanding Natural BeautySights nearby - Stow on the Wold, a picturesque market town.
Britain's Oldest Inn (c.947AD) offers thirteen comfortable and stylish rooms in its English Heritage listed building. Think exposed beams, exposed stone walls, roll top baths and Nespresso coffee machines as standard. The perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds and great value for money. See More
Old Stocks Inn Stow on the Wold (Cotswolds) 18 rooms from £99Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring the CotswoldsSights nearby - Chastleton House, Blenheim Palace and all the beautiful Cotswold villages in the surrounding area.Great walks - Good local walks right from the doorstepRecommended by - Sawdays
A traditional country inn with a modern twist. This boutique hotel has 16 stylish bedrooms with big comfortable beds and contemporary Scandinavian design features. A bright yellow roll top bath and cosy patterned throws. Artisan coffee, a garden pizza oven and good modern British food. See More
The Cat and Custard Pot Inn Tetbury, Gloucestershire 7 rooms from £99Great walks - Situated in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, there are plenty of terrific walks on the doorstep.TraditionalBack to NatureFull of character
A classic English pub in the heart of the Cotswolds. Rooms are comfortable and full of character with goose down duvets and deep baths in all rooms. The restaurant serves excellent cuisine using local produce and the bar has an array of tasty ales. The perfect location for exploring this area. See More
The Bell at Stow Stow on the Wold 13 rooms from £99Local exploring - A great base from which to explore Stow and the surrounding Northern Gloucestershire countryside.Great walks - The surrounding area is full of wonderful walking routes such as the Cotswolds Way.
The Bull Hotel, Fairford Fairford, Gloucestershire 21 rooms from £100Fishing - Available from the hotelLocal markets - Every WednesdaySights nearby - The CotswoldsBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.
The King's Head Cirencester 46 rooms from £109Sights nearby - Take a trip to Westonbirt Arboretum with its fantastic selection of trees.Great walks - The surrounding Cotswolds is full of beautiful walking routes.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpa
Right in the heart of Cirencester, The King's Head is a superb hotel. Offering stylish rooms that effectively combine historic design features such as original beams with contemporary comforts. One of the hotel's big pulls is the spoiling spa. There is also a superb restaurant and welcoming bar. See More
Aylworth Manor Cheltenham, The Cotswolds 4 rooms from £110QuietSights nearby - Visit the nearby sights of Sudeley Castle and Broadway Tower.Great walks - The surrounding area is full of lovely walking routes.Tennis - Enjoy a game of tennis on the house's court.Recommended by - Sawdays
Set in a delightful house in the Cotswolds, Aylworth Manor is a charming, small B&B. Boasting comfortable rooms and a lovely garden, it's a great place to unwind. Start the day with a delicious breakfast in the dining room before heading out to explore the beautiful Cotswolds surroundings. See More
Lower Brook House nr Moreton-in-Marsh, The Cotswolds 6 rooms from £110TraditionalFour poster beds - For romantics.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
The Ebrington Arms Chipping Campden 5 rooms from £110Country Escape - Almost within spitting distance from London and in some of the UK's most scenic countryside this is a weekend away worth taking.Sights nearby - Visit Broadway Tower marked out as the highest castle of the Cotswolds.Great walks - Stroll through the exquisite National Trust's Hidcote Gardens.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Sawdays
A charming village pub offering that quintessentially British experience. Atmospheric and luxurious rooms are dotted with well placed antiques set against white washed walls. The best have roll top baths. The restaurant serves hearty fare by a roaring fire and the owners even produce their own beer. See More
The Greenway Hotel & Spa Cheltenham (Gloucestershire) 21 rooms from £112Total relaxation - A tranquil country house complete with spa, ideal for rejuvinating weekends away.Sights nearby - Explore the pretty streets of Chipping Campden, famed for its Cotswold beauty.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque Cotswold countryside.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A grand Country House, now an elegant hotel and spa, set just outside the city of Cheltenham and with easy access to the Cotswolds. Spacious rooms are traditionally dressed with chintz fabrics and patterned wallpaper. An indulgent spa and superb restaurant makes this a fantastic weekend break. See More
The Churchill Arms Gloucestershire 5 rooms from £120Sights nearby - Visit Anne Hathaway's Cottage in nearby Stratford-upon-Avon, Shakespeare's home town.Great walks - Wander around the beautiful Hidcote Manor GardenBoutiqueTraditional
The Churchill Arms is tucked away in the sleepy village of Paxford, just ten miles from Stratford-upon-Avon. Set in a 17th century pub, it boasts five boutique rooms with comfy beds and exposed wooden beams. Terrific food and local ales are served up downstairs. A truly charming rural getaway. See More
Horse and Groom Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 5 rooms from £120Local exploring - An ideal base for exploring the beautiful Cotswolds, with charming Moreton in Marsh just down the road.Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh, Chipping Camden, Broadway and Stow on the Wold are all close byGreat walks - There is lovely walking for all abilities on the doorstep.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Informal restaurant with rooms cum gastro pub in the now familiar mould; towny style, a buzzing bar and restaurant, and a small number of smart bedrooms. Five individually designed rooms in contemporary classic style, plus award winning food - a perfect laid back base for exploring Cotswold country. See More
Trinity House Stow on the Wold 3 rooms from £120Sights nearby - The famous gardens of Hidcote and Kiftsgate make a great day out.Restrictions on children - This is an adults only propertyViews - Great views from hotelGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
Charming and intimate B&B in a quintessential Cotswold village, set in an area of outstanding natural beauty, with views of Evenlode valley. Just three lovely ensuite rooms, all with super king sized beds and the finest Egyptian cotton linens. Breakfast is a feast of local produce. See More
Ravenhurst B&B Cheltenham (GLOUCS) 3 rooms from £125City Style - An elegant and intimate choice for a city break.Sights nearby - Discover the majestic Pittville Pumprooms, directly across the park from Ravenhurst.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
Hare and Hounds Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 42 rooms from £125Local markets - The historic Cotswold market town of Tetbury is only two miles away.Private Hot Tub - Two suites feature private hot tubsSights nearby - Highgrove House is just a mile awaySecluded setting - For escaping.
The Hare and Hounds is a traditional Cotswold country house hotel. The newly refurbished rooms and suites have an air of elegance and surround a delightful courtyard. The restaurant's creative menu is popular with locals and visitors alike. The best in comfort with its own country pub. See More
Buttress House Chedworth, The Cotswolds 2 rooms from £125Sights nearby - Bang in the heart of the Cotswolds, with lots to explore. Just 10 miles from Cheltenham & CirencesterLocal markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.Great walks - Good for walkers.
Tudor Farmhouse Clearwell, Gloucestershire 23 rooms from £130Views - Stunning woodland walks and views over bubbling brooks and meandering rivers.Active Holiday - The countryside landscape offers plenty of activities.Country EscapeFoodiesRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
A picture perfect country house hotel set in the stunning landscape of the Forest of Dean and the Wye Valley. Charming chic rooms and suites, an acclaimed British restaurant, acres of emerald garden, and plenty of countryside pursuits to choose from. The perfect country escape. See More
The Lion Inn Winchcombe, Gloucestershire 8 rooms from £130Great walks - The many Cotswold walking trails are on tjhe Lion Inn's doorstepSights nearby - The nearby Snowshill Manor is a warren of hidden treasures.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
The only thing ordinary about the Lion Inn is the name. Each of the eight rooms are beautifully presented with exposed beams and stone walls next to soft hues and knitted throws. There is an outdoor patio restaurant with seasonal menu and bar with fine wines and real ales. See More
Crestow House Stow on the Wold 7 rooms from £130Groups - Offering all its rooms and exclusive use of the house and gardens to family groups, celebrations and weddingsCountry Escape - Set in the beautiful Cotswold region of England, Crestow offers a real escape into idyllic rural EnglandSights nearby - An abundance of local sights are in easy access, such as the maginificent Blenheim PalaceSwimming Pool - Seasonal outdoor heated pool
Set in a picturesque Cotswold village, this Victorian-era manor home promises a stay of classic luxury. The rooms feature wood-beamed ceilings and both wood and embroidered furnishings of a classical style. With a suave bar, heated outdoor pool and quaint garden, expect to be charmed. See More
The Wheatsheaf Inn Northleach, The Cotswolds 14 rooms from £130Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Lovely local walks, and you can borrow their wellies.Lively - Hip and happening.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Three Choirs Vineyards Newent, Gloucestershire 11 rooms from £135Wine tastingViews - Great views from hotelTraditionalFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Woolmarket House Chipping Campden 4 rooms from £140Local exploring - Close to the High St as well as popular country walks, historic houses and gardens, museums and galleriesSights nearby - Head to the Hook Norton Brewery and Broadway Tower or for day trips, visit gems like Blenheim and Warwick CastleGreat walks - Serious hikers will enjoy the 102km Cotswold Way which starts in the villageFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Sawdays
The epitome of Gloucestershire charm, this historic B&B features period details such as wooden beams, exposed brick, tilting ceilings and open fires. Rooms have fine antique furniture and designer fabrics, with pretty village views. Housing a popular Italian restaurant. A delightful rural escape. See More
Dial House Hotel Bourton on the Water, The Cotswolds 14 rooms from £140Country Escape - A traditional property, perfect for a cosy weekend away, with great walking around the picteresque Cotswolds.Sights nearby - Model Village is situated just behind the hotel and entertains both children and adults alike.Birdwatching - Birdland has over 500 species to spot set in beautiful surrounds.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 onlyRecommended by - Frommers, Sawdays
No. 131 Cheltenham 11 rooms from £128Foodies - Gourmands will be in heaven- excellent locally sourced cuisine, a fantastic wine and cheese room and a broad range of cocktails.Romantic Break - An ideal romantic getaway with chic suites, deep soaking tubs, vibrant bar and fantastic restaurant.Sights nearby - Explore Cheltenham, a beautiful spa town packed with colonnaded terraces and grand gardens.Great walks - Take a trip to the Cotswolds for country walks and pretty honey-coloured villages.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Attractive townhouse hotel in the heart of Cheltenham. The beautifully decorated rooms with white and pastel grey colours and are appointed with stylish furnishings. Have a drink in the atmospheric bar before sampling some delicious locally sourced produce at the hotel's restaurant. A Georgian gem. See More
The Painswick Painswick, Stroud, The Cotswolds 16 rooms from £149Total relaxation - Uncommonly comfortable rooms, roll-top baths, squishy sofas, fantastic food and massages and facials to boot!Country Escape - Located in the quaint village of Painswick, with lovely walks and stunning views.Sights nearby - The ornate Painswick Rococo Gardens are within walking distance.Great walks - Across the village green to your new local: The Falcon Inn.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Following a loving restoration, this 18th century abode has been catapulted into the 21st century. Sixteen lovely rooms with original features decorated in soft hues and country style. Rejuvenate in the Spa, relax by a roaring fire and feast in the excellent restaurant. A gorgeous relaxing getaway. See More
No. 38 The Park Cheltenham 13 rooms from £157Families - Bring the kids and the pooch- all are catered for with babysitting services, cots, special dog beds, bowls and treats!Romantic Break - A hip spot to getaway from it all, with in room rolltop baths, plush bedding, cool interiors and delicious food.Sights nearby - Sudeley Castle is six miles away and well worth checking out for anyone with an interest in history.Birdwatching - Good stopping point for those on a birdwatching trip to the Cotswold.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Tablet
Beautiful Georgian townhouse hotel set in a park off the town centre. Rooms are plush and spacious, many being fitted with beautiful roll tubs. Perfect launchpad for exploring the spa towns, lovely Georgian streets, or even a day trip into the Cotswolds. Elegant and understated with a cool twist. See More
Manor House Hotel Moreton in Marsh, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from £159Sights nearby - Moreton in Marsh is the perfect base for exploring the Cotswolds, Bath or Oxford.Private Hot Tub - If you book the Apple Cottage SuiteFour poster beds - Some rooms feature four poster bedsTraditional
The Close Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 18 rooms from £160Hideaway - Beautiful rooms, deep roll-top baths and breakfast in bed: there are so many reasons not to leave.Local markets - Held every Wednesday, Tetbury market stalls display a colourful array of locally produced foods.Sights nearby - The stately home of Cirencester Park will give you some serious 'house' envy.Great walks - Whatever the season Westonbirt Arboretum is alive with colour.
In the market town of Tetbury you will find The Close's grand grey stone façade. Dating back to 1535 and lovingly transformed into a stylish boutique hotel. Each of the 18 rooms is unique, ranging from pretty florals to dark country cheques with roll-top baths and views. A full English is included. See More
The Swan Hotel Bibury, The Cotswolds 22 rooms from £160Sights nearby - The famous Blenheim Palace, birth place of Winston Churchill, is arguably the country's best stately home.Private Hot Tub - Whooper Garden Cottage Suite has its own private garden with hot tub.Great walks - Walk through the village to the postcard worthy Church of St. Mary.Fishing - Catch some trout in the River Coln, just opposite the hotel.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
With views over the River Coln this 17th century coaching inn is a welcoming Cotswolds abode. Crackling fires in the winter and viridescent gardens in the summer: the menu is similarly seasonal (and locally sourced). Rooms have an instantly cosy feel with fourposters, gingham and floral upholstery. See More
Wild Garlic Nailsworth, Gloucestershire 5 rooms from £160Foodies - Boasting both a bistro and adjoining restuarant serving innovotive cuisine.Great walks - Take glorious walks across Minchinhampton Common.Sights nearby - Visit the grand country Tudor house, Newark Park.Full of character
Incorporating both a fantastic bistro and restaurant along with a handful of elegant rooms. Simply, yet stylishly designed throughout, expect a mix of both modern and traditional styles. The fabulous Wilder restaurant takes its guests on a food journey over 8 courses. The perfect weekend escape. See More
Oak House No. 1 Tetbury, The Cotswolds 3 rooms from £165BoutiqueRecommended by - I Escape
The Slaughters Inn Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds 30 rooms from £165Great walks - Great walks on the doorstep.TraditionalFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Ellenborough Park Cheltenham (Southam) 62 rooms from £177Country Escape - Set in 90 acres of stunning National Trust land, with flower filled gardens and a lovely heated pool, just outside Cheltenham.Spa breaks - A well equipped spa with a juice bar, mood showers and an extensive treatment list using therapies from the East and West.Great walks - Borrow hunter wellies and brollies for a stroll in the Cotswolds.Traditional - Traditional country house style with Nina Campbell interiors.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Mr & Mrs Smith
Lower Slaughter Manor Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds 19 rooms from £195Private Hot Tub - If you book a garden suiteTennis - Court onsiteCooking classes - Check for timings.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Lower Slaughter Manor is beautiful, but relaxed and unstuffy with it. The 19 rooms are all different, some featuring four-poster beds and stand alone baths, some with bold wallpaper and colourful fabrics, so consider a few before you make your choice. The restaurant serves gourmet meals. See More
Calcot Manor Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 35 rooms from £199Tennis - On-site tennis courts and rackets for use by the whole family.Swimming Pool - Stunning indoor Swimming PoolKids Club - Fully staffed.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
A charming 14th century manor house in Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Chic rooms feature bold wallpaper prints, soft tones, deep soaking tubs and trendy artworks. The beautifully landscaped gardens feature a range of family activities as well as a pool and spa. An elegant country retreat. See More
Lords of the Manor Hotel Upper Slaughter, The Cotswolds 26 rooms from £199Restaurant - Michelin-starredGarden - Attractive outside space.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Sawdays, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Hotel Du Vin Cheltenham Cheltenham 49 rooms from £204Local exploring - Well placed in the stylish Montpellier district, perfect for exploring the historic spa town and famous racecourse.Total relaxation - Bask in the glorious spa, plush suites, pampering service and fine dining at the trendy in house restaurant.Romantic - Good for couples.BoutiqueRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
An old townhouse turned designer hotel in the fashionable district of Montpellier. Rooms feature romantic dark hues, Egyptian cotton sheets and in room freestanding baths. Enjoy the Brasserie food, buzzy bar and pampering spa services. Ideally placed to easily access Cheltenham and its surrounds. See More
Frampton Court Gloucestershire 5 rooms from £225Total relaxation - Guests can relax in the scenic gardens while taking in the majesty of Frampton Court.Sights nearby - Nearby Cheltenham is renowned for music and literature festivals.Great walks - There are plenty of fantastic walks in the local area.Fishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Sawdays
Magnificent Grade I listed Georgian B&B. Just five rooms, some with four-poster beds, and all lavishly decorated with fine period furniture. Enjoy locally-sourced organic breakfast served in the grand wood-panelled dining room. Great local pubs & restaurants close by. A stunning country esacpe. See More
Thornbury Castle Nr Bristol, Gloucestershire 27 rooms from £230Four poster beds - For romantics.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.SpaRecommended by - Fodors
Cowley Manor nr Cheltenham, The Cotswolds from £250Spa - Wide range of treatments using Green & Spring products.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and indoor heated pools.Great walks - 55 acres of parkland surround the proerty with natural springs, lakes, and Victorian cascades.Sights nearby - Visit the "Venice of the Cotswolds" the village of Bourton on Water.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A contemporary-chic manor house set on 55 beautiful acres, in the Cotswold countryside. Trendy rooms mix the best of both worlds, with original sash windows, high ceilings and fireplaces mixed with sleek handmade modern furnishings and bold colour combos. A sophisticated, fun country escape. See More
Thyme at Southrop Manor Gloucestershire, The Cotswolds from £260Cooking classes - Long and short courses. Top notch classes on offer - you can learn everything from bread making to advanced fish cookery.Sights nearby - Blenheim Palace and estateFishing - Lechlade Trout FisheriesGreat walks - Hidcote Manor gardens
A stylish west county farmhouse hotel with a top class cooking school. The bedrooms and adjacent cottages are beautifully decorated with roll top baths and large, comfortable beds. Organic home grown meals and a cosy bar. Come for a country retreat with the option of learning something new! See More