- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Lymington
Convenient base for the New Forest and the Isle of Wight, Lymington is an attractive Georgian port with a nautical themed high street and numerous good pubs and restaurants. Depending on your tastes, you’ll either find the best places to stay in Lymington in the cobbled heart of town, or down by the marina. Though, if you’re looking for peace and quiet but not too far from the creature comforts of town, then there are a couple of B&Bs on the outskirts of town which might be worth looking at.
If you stay by the marina then you might have views across the Solent to the Isle of Wight. Views which will probably include some pretty impressive yachts. Lymington is a big yachting centre with a yacht club and plenty of facilities for sailors. Less romantically you’re also close to the ferry terminal. And while the ferry might lack charm, the views from its top deck are incredible.
Lymington is also a popular spot with bird watchers. The salt lagoons, dating from Lymington’s time as a salt drying centre, have been reclaimed by wildlife and attract numerous species.
What Not To Miss
- Pay a visit the historical Hurst Castle, built by Henry VIII as part of a chain of fortresses to protect the Solent, it remained a military stronghold up to WW2. There's also various weapons including 38-ton guns from the 1870's.
- Stroll along The Solent Way Walk providing visitors with lovely views to the Isle of Wight. The walk conviniently ends at Hurst Castle, making it interesting and scenic in equal measure.
- Enjoy tranquility at Braxton Gardens, located closely to the sea. The gardens also have a nice little cafe where visitors can enjoy tea and scones.
- And if you're interested in the history of the area, a visit to the St Barbe Museum and Art Gallery is a good move. There's a great selection of different exhibits and interactive displays making it ideal for the whole family.
Lymington is very popular so to be sure of stayin gon one of the best places to stay in Lymington be sure to plan ahead and book early.
For Village Charm
- The Mayflower on Lymington’s marina is a smart, nautical themed pub with six individually designed rooms - one with a private balcony. There’s a friendly vibe and a menu featuring a lot of seafood.
- Stanwell House is a boutique townhouse hotel in the heart of Lymington. With 30 rooms and a range of dining options, including private dining and an all day bistro menu. The decor is contemporary and chic and the food is modern European.
For Best Value
- Britannia House is a five room B&B in charming Lymington. Each of the rooms has it’s own design with some nice artworks and antiques and richly coloured fabrics and furnishings. They also have a separate apartment. Rooms start from around £85 per week and children over ten are welcome.
- Just outside Lymington is a great restaurant with rooms, The Mill at Gordleton, which has eight riverside rooms attached to a wonderfully pretty restaurant specialising in modern British cuisine. This is also a great place to spot wildlife, they have a beautiful ‘secret garden’ where you might see kingfishers or herons.
For a cottage or apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties ideal for exploring everything the town has to offer.
- Fly to Southampton Airport situated 38km (24 miles) from Lymington. The airport caters to a variety of domestic and European destinations.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Lymington with onward connections to London and other major cities and towns.
- Or hop on a ferry, with services running every half an hour to the Isle of Wight.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the New Forest, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather for enjoying the walking routes or just watching all the yachts go by.
Still not sure?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Lymington,
- Expand your search to include all the best hotels in the New Forest,
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Lymington
The Mayflower 6 rooms from £110Lymington (Hampshire)
The Mayflower is a smart pub with rooms close to Lymington's marina. Six individually designed rooms, all with a cool nautical theme & one with private balcony. Dinners (AA Rosette standard) feature delicious locally sourced, seasonal fare. A great base for exploring the coast or New Forest.Local exploring - Whether you're a yachtie or land lubber, there's plenty in the surrounding area to keep everyone happy.Birdwatching - Britain's largest colony of Black headed gulls can be found in the North Solent Nature ReserveSailing - Charter a boat and enjoy a day's sailing off the South CoastSights nearby - Motor mueum at Beaulieu, plus gardens at Exbury and Furzey
The Mill at Gordleton 8 rooms from £150Lymington
Rural restaurant with rooms in an idyllic riverside location with "secret garden" and wildlife galore including kingfishers and heron. Pretty country rooms some of which feature lovely views over the river. Modern British cuisine and a snug bar. Ideally placed on the edge of the New Forest.Foodies - Delicious food, crafted by Chef Toby Hill from only the best local produce- everything you eat is made in house, heaven!Country Escape - A charming converted mill, surrounded by flower filled gardens, right on the outskirts of the New Forest.Sights nearby - Less than 30 minutes away is the medieval Beaulieu Abbey.Great walks - Miles of countryside to be explored in the New Forest.Recommended by - Johansens, Sawdays
Stanwell House 30 rooms from £140Lymington
Boutique townhouse hotel in the centre of delightful Lymington. Rooms feature large windows and contemporary chic design. A host of dining options including fine modern European cuisine, private dining and a laid back all day bistro menu. Well priced and placed for local exploring.Exclusive offer - Stay five nights pay for fourLocal exploring - Situated in the pretty market town of Lymington and right between The Solent and the New Forest National Park.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch and head out to explore the miles of beautiful countryside in the New Forest National Park.Local markets - Lymington's famous Saturday market is not to be missed, packed with the cream of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the neighbouring historic towns of Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, and Lyndhurst.
Britannia House 5 rooms from £85Lymington (Hampshire)
Enjoy a memorable stay at this characterful "home away from home" B&B. Each of the five rooms are filled with artwork and antique pieces; richly coloured fabrics and furnishings. There is also a separate apartment to rent. Enjoy a hearty full English breakfast - fuel for the days outdoor pursuits!Great walks - The New Forest has an abundance of routes of try The Solent Way coastal walkSights nearby - Visit Hurst Castle, Henry VIII's fortress and Beaulieu Abbey-Palace HouseSailing - Lymington is a sailing meccaRestrictions on children - Over 10's welcome