- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Lymington
Convenient base for the New Forest and the Isle of Wight, Lymington is an attractive Georgian port with a nautical themed high street and numerous good pubs and restaurants. Depending on your tastes, you’ll either find the best places to stay in Lymington in the cobbled heart of town, or down by the marina.
Though, if you’re looking for peace and quiet but not too far from the creature comforts of town, then there are a couple of B&Bs on the outskirts of town which might be worth looking at.
If you stay by the marina then you might have views across the Solent to the Isle of Wight. Views which will probably include some pretty impressive yachts. Lyminton is a big yachting centre with a yacht club and plenty of facilities for sailors. Less romantically you’re also close to the ferry terminal. And while the ferry might lack charm, the views from its top deck are incredible.
Lymington is also a popular spot with bird watchers. The salt lagoons, dating from Lymington’s time as a salt drying centre, have been reclaimed by wildlife and attract numerous species.
The Best Places to Stay in Lymington for Village Charm
- The Mayflower on Lymington’s marina is a smart, nautical themed pub with six individually designed rooms - one with a private balcony. There’s a friendly vibe and a menu featuring a lot of seafood.
- Stanwell House is a boutique townhouse hotel in the heart of Lymington, with 30 rooms and a range of dining options, including private dining and an all day bistro menu. The decor is contemporary and chic, and the food is modern European.
The Best Value Places to stay in Lymington
- Britannia House is a five room B&B in charming Lymington. Each of the rooms has it’s own design with some nice artworks and antiques and richly coloured fabrics and furnishings. They also have a separate apartment. Rooms start from around £85 per week and children over ten are welcome.
The Best Places to Stay in Lymington to Escape
- Just outside Lymington is a great restaurant with rooms,The Mill at Gordleton, which has eight riverside rooms attached to a wonderfully pretty restaurant specialising in modern British cuisine. This is also a great spot to spot wildlife, they have a beautiful ‘secret garden’ where you might see kingfishers or herons.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Lymington for you?
- Browse though our list of all the best places to stay in Lymington,
- expand your search to include all the best hotels in the New Forest,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Lymington
Britannia House 5 rooms from $111Lymington (Hampshire)
Enjoy a memorable stay at this characterful "home away from home" B&B. Each of the five rooms are filled with artwork and antique pieces; richly coloured fabrics and furnishings. There is also a separate apartment to rent. Enjoy a hearty full English breakfast - fuel for the days outdoor pursuits!Great walks - The New Forest has an abundance of routes of try The Solent Way coastal walkSights nearby - Visit Hurst Castle, Henry VIII's fortress and Beaulieu Abbey-Palace HouseSailing - Lymington is a sailing meccaRestrictions on children - Over 10's welcome
The Mayflower 6 rooms from $143Lymington (Hampshire)
The Mayflower is a smart pub with rooms close to Lymington's marina. Six individually designed rooms, all with a cool nautical theme & one with private balcony. Dinners (AA Rosette standard) feature delicious locally sourced, seasonal fare. A great base for exploring the coast or New Forest.Local exploring - Whether you're a yachtie or land lubber, there's plenty in the surrounding area to keep everyone happy.Birdwatching - Britain's largest colony of Black headed gulls can be found in the North Solent Nature ReserveSailing - Charter a boat and enjoy a day's sailing off the South CoastSights nearby - Motor mueum at Beaulieu, plus gardens at Exbury and Furzey
Stanwell House 30 rooms from $182Lymington
Boutique townhouse hotel in the centre of delightful Lymington. Rooms feature large windows and contemporary chic design. A host of dining options including fine modern European cuisine, private dining and a laid back all day bistro menu. Well priced and placed for local exploring.Exclusive offer - Stay five nights pay for fourLocal exploring - Situated in the pretty market town of Lymington and right between The Solent and the New Forest National Park.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch and head out to explore the miles of beautiful countryside in the New Forest National Park.Local markets - Lymington's famous Saturday market is not to be missed, packed with the cream of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the neighbouring historic towns of Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, and Lyndhurst.
The Mill at Gordleton 8 rooms from $195Lymington
Rural restaurant with rooms in an idyllic riverside location with "secret garden" and wildlife galore including kingfishers and heron. Pretty country rooms some of which feature lovely views over the river. Modern British cuisine and a snug bar. Ideally placed on the edge of the New Forest.Foodies - Delicious food, crafted by Chef Toby Hill from only the best local produce- everything you eat is made in house, heaven!Country Escape - A charming converted mill, surrounded by flower filled gardens, right on the outskirts of the New Forest.Sights nearby - Less than 30 minutes away is the medieval Beaulieu Abbey.Great walks - Miles of countryside to be explored in the New Forest.Recommended by - Johansens, Sawdays