Search the best hotels in Hampshire
Much of Hampshire’s charm lies in its natural variety. From its rolling hills and unspoilt coastline to its bustling market towns and pretty villages, the county offers some of southern England’s loveliest views and its proximity to London makes it an increasingly popular destination for weekends away. Not surprising, then, that the standard of the best places to stay in Hampshire is sharply on the rise, with a wide choice for discerning guests.
Some of our Hampshire collections:
- The 10 Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Hampshire
- 20 Great Hampshire Pubs with Rooms
- Hampshire's 10 Most Romantic Hotels
- 13 of the Best hotels in the New Forest
- Best luxury hotels in the New Forest
- The Best Places to Stay in Winchester
- Best hotels with pools in the New Forest
- Boutique hotels in the New Forest
- 7 of the Best Family Hotels in the New Forest
- The 6 Best Spa Hotels in the New Forest
Historic county town Winchester is home to the famous cathedral and boasts lovely Elizabethan and Regency buildings. There's lots to see and do as well as a growing number of excellent cafes, bars and restaurants.
Southampton is a large, busy port town - the perfect stopover if you're catching a ferry to France or Spain or about to venture on a cruise.
What Not To Miss
- Be sure to check out the HMS Warrior 1860, now kept at Portsmouth's Dockyard. This magnificent ship, Britain's first iron-hulled armoured warship, has been wonderfully restored and is a fascinating visit.
- Take the whole family to the Hawk Conservancy Trust. Set in 20 acres of parkland, there's more than 130 birds of prey on view, and a number of daily flying displays. A great day out.
- The historic Winchester Abbey, dating back to 1079, is a must see for history buffs. With wonderful architecture all round (including a huge gothic nave), the interiors are filled with a striking variety of paintings, sculptures and carvings. It's also home to The Winchester Bible, England's oldest bible, dating back to the 12th century. What's more, Winchester Abbey is the resting place of many of the country's most influential people - including, among others, Jane Austen.
- The Beaulieu National Motor Museum is a splendid spot, home to over 250 vehicles which recount the entire history of motoring. The palace in which it's set is gorgeous in its own right, surrounded by lovely gardens in which to enjoy a picnic afterwards. With incredibly informative staff ready to answer any question you might have, this is a top attraction.
- Head off on a tour of Highclere Castle, the official Downton Abbey! Set in a beautiful 5,000 acre estate, you can learn all about the property's diverse history including that of Lady Almina, the inspiration for the TV show.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Hampshire endeavours to find something for everyone. From rural pubs in the New Forest like the extremely popular East End Arms, owned by the former bassist from Dire Straits, to the glamorous and luxurious Lime Wood offering plenty of activities if you can be bothered and fabulous spa facilities if you can't!
The Best Places to Stay in Hampshire
The Best Traditional inns in Hampshire
- The Bell Inn is ideally located for a country escape on the northern edge of the New Forest. Individually designed bedrooms offer a lovely oasis, and the buzzy bar (with its open fires and comfy sofas) and excellent restaurant are the perfect place to plan the next day's adventures!
- The Anchor at Froyle oozes traditional character, with smart accommodation boasting exposed brick beams and artwork on the walls (including some WWI poet themed rooms). Filled to the brim with books and featuring private balconies, this is a wonderfully charming country escape.
- The Peat Spade on the River Test is a great choice for fishermen and women - or rather, country sports enthusiasts in general! With lovely traditional accommodation, hearty food and roaring log fires, it's a lovely stay
- A good alternative would be the Woolpack Inn, just north of Winchester. The property offers rustic chic rooms with exposed stone and brick walls, plus there's great food served up and an outdoor pizza oven. A top family spot.
- Bourne Valley Inn is a traditional country pub with cosy yet classic accommodation. Enjoy superb meals at their AA Rosette restaurant! What's more, Bourne Valley is home to a number of wonderful hiking trails.
- The Westgate is a great option for those looking to get to know Winchester. This pub with rooms offers boutique accommodation with plenty of neutral tones and wonderful cuisine. Plus, it's just 20 minutes away from Southampton Airport.
- The Yew Tree, located right around the corner from Highclere Castle, boasts stylish rooms with tartan prints and reclaimed furnishings.
- The charming 8 room King's Head, located in Hursley, provides classy accommodation featuring antiques and original fireplaces. You'll love their quintessentially British cuisine and you can enjoy a good book in their snug to wrap up the evening.
- The East End Arms is a wonderful choice for those looking to explore the New Forest - offering comfortable and understated rooms as well as hearty cuisine to fill you up after a long day of hiking.
- The Old Vine is a popular pub with rooms located opposite Winchester Abbey. With charming grown-up accommodation and a cosy oak-beamed restaurant, it's a splendid choice!
- The Wykeham Arms is a characterful 18th century coaching inn, located centrally in Winchester. With elegant individually decorated rooms that are great for couples, it's a wonderful base from which to see the city.
The Best Places to stay in Hamsphire for foodies
For foodies, there is a huge choice of places to stay in Hampshire. Here's our pick of the best:
- Chewton Glen is the perfect getaway for foodies. There's the Dining Room for superb cuisine and The Kitchen if you prefer things a bit more casual - you can view the chefs at work. Plus there's a variety of courses on offer run by James Martin and a host of other top names. The accommodation is top notch and there's a spa for pampering too.
- The Montagu Arms is a 17th century country house hotel which offers Michelin starred dining in its Terrace Restaurant. The accommodation is traditional and stylish, with plenty of warm tones and wooden furnishings.
- The Mill at Gordleton is a restaurant with rooms enjoying an idyllic riverside setting. Offering smart, individually decorated rooms and organic food which is mainly locally sourced, this is a top stay.
- The Three Lions inn offers smart yet unfussy accommodation, however the main attraction is the excellent restaurant. With owner and head chef Michael giving up a Michelin star to cook "what my customers really like to eat", you can be assured of both the quality and the desirability of their food! An English auberge - if that makes any sense!
- If locally sourced food is one of your bugbears, then stay at The Pig - most of the produce comes from their own kitchen garden, if not they guarantee it will not come from further than 25 miles away! Their lovely rooms expertly blend old with new, and there's a treatment room to boot.
- The Mayflower provides six individually designed rooms with a nautical theme to them. Enjoy locally sourced dinners at their AA Rosette awarded restaurant. A great spot from which to explore the coast.
- The Greyhound is an award-winning country inn set in picturesque Stockbridge. Boasting incredibly smart country chic rooms with muted Farrow & Ball shades and lovely furnishings, their Savoy-trained chef also serves up delightful cuisine. A great choice all round.
Best contemporary place to stay in Hampshire
- Contemporary hotels may seem like a bit of an oddity in Hampshire, but if you're wanting something a little bit different go for the Aviator - a designer hotel on Farnborough Airfield - very sleek, with a definite urban vibe!
The Best Places to stay in Hampshire for a weekend away
- With the recent proliferation of places to stay in the increasingly popular New Forest National Park, Hampshire is becoming a very busy destination for weekenders. One of our favourites is the Master Builders with a stunning location in Buckler's Hard, great brasserie style food and quirky interiors.
- If you fancy an unusual weekend retreat then Spitbank Fort's the place for you! This fort-turned-luxury hotel boasts contemporary interiors filled with an eclectic array of objects, and there's even a hot tub as well as a fire pit on the rooftop! A truly unique stay that you'll never forget.
The Most Romantic Hotels in Hampshire
- Bel And The Dragon is a great couples spot - with tasteful rooms featuring wooden beams and deep baths. You'll adore their excellent gourmet restaurant and cosy bar, whilst the stunning Highclere Castle is just a short distance away.
- Langrish House is a quintessentially British country house just outside Petersfield. This 17th century property offers traditional rooms featuring warm hues and an atmospheric bar. What's more, their Fredericks restaurant boasts 2 AA Rosettes!
- 16A is ideally located near central Winchester. With just three individually decorated rooms, the property has a wonderfully intimate atmosphere. Smart, rustic, characterful - and what's more, it's adults only!
The Best Places to Stay in Hampshire for Families
- The Pig in The Wall is a boutique spot located centrally in Southampton. With vintage rooms and lovely breakfasts close to the city's hotspots, it's a choice that the whole family can get behind.
- New Park Manor, situated in the New Forest and once Charles II's hunting residence, boasts splendid accommodation and a traditional English restaurant. There's a swimming pool, a creche and a games room for the kids to enjoy, as well as a spa in which the parents can relax!
- Lime Wood is a glorious luxury hotel set in a refurbished Georgian manor house. Stay in lovely traditional rooms (some of which feature four posters) and enjoy their two restaurants - one formal fine dining and the other more casual. With a state-of-the-art spa as well as kids activities and babysitting facilities, this is a great family stay.
- Spot in the Woods is a relaxed boutique B&B with on site cafe and deli, where both children and dogs are very welcome. Spacious rooms and great value for money too.
Prefer a holiday cottage or apartment?
- If you think you'd be best suited by a self-catering option then check out the wide variety available with our partner, booking.com.
- It's best to visit Hampshire during the summer, when the weather's at its nicest - July and August experience average temperatures of around 17°C.
- Visitors can fly into Southampton Airport, which is served by a number of European destinations. From here, the bus U1C (which leaves every ten minutes) goes to the centre of town for just £2. Alternatively, if you're coming from further afield you can fly into Heathrow which is a couple of hours away. You can then take the train or hop on a National Express Bus towards your destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still Not Sure which is the best place to stay in Hampshire for you?
- Expand your seach to include the best places to stay in Dorset?
- or refine your search to the Best hotels in the New Forest?
- or Hampshire's Most Romantic Hotels?
- Or, feel free to contact one of our friendly gurus!
Monthly Weather in Hampshire
Best Hotels in Hampshire
The Pig In The Wall Southampton 12 rooms from £130Exclusive offer - Complimentary upgradeLocal exploring - Set in the heart of the historic city giving easy access to its main attractionsCoastal - HMS Titanic set sail from the harbourChic - Shabby chic style with wooden floorsRetro/Vintage - Vintage touches in all the roomsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Pig Brockenhurst 31 rooms from £185Spa - Potting Shed treatment rooms with one of the hotel's personal therapistsGreat walks - Borrow a pair of Hunter wellies and set out in to the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit Beaulieu Abbey, Hurst Castle or Buckler's Hard.TraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A country escape a step above the rest. Traditional meets modern world comforts in rooms with oh-so comfy beds and huge rain showers. The restaurant is worthy of a visit alone with produce being very locally sourced (often from the garden). Treatment rooms on offer for some pampering. Glorious. See More
Lime Wood Lyndhurst, Hampshire 32 rooms from £395Exclusive offer - Complimentary upgradeFoodies - A super chic restaurant, serving Anglo-Italian fare. A product of Lime Wood’s Luke Holder and high-profile chef Angela Hartnett.Families - Extra beds allowed in rooms, kids activities on site and baby sitting facilities makes this an obvious choice for parents.Country Escape - A beautifully renovated country house situated in the heart of one of the UKs finest National Parks.Cooking classes - The excellent Hartnett Holder & Co Backstage cookery school has a wide variety of hands on courses.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Sawdays
Scintillating luxury hotel in a superbly redesigned Georgian house in the heart of the New Forest. Wonderfully comfortable beds in large rooms all with unique features including free standing baths, fireplaces or four posters. A sublime restaurant curated by a celebrity chef. Countryside perfection. See More
Two Bare Feet Winchester (Hampshire) 3 rooms from £65Sights nearby - Winchester cathedral and crypt are a short stroll awayFull of character
A chic family friendly B&B/self-catering hybrid in the centre of town. Three individually styled duplex suites offer luxurious accommodation all with their own sitting room downstairs and smart ensuite bathroom. A shared fully equipped kitchen, plus sit out terrace. It's great value too! See More
The Manor at Sway Nr Lymington, Hampshire 15 rooms from £81Sights nearby - Head around Highcliffe Castle, Hurst Castle or Beaulieu Palace HouseRomantic - Good for couples.
The Black Hole B&B Winchester (Hampshire) 10 rooms from £85Foodies - With an excellent wine list and Michelin starred restaurant The Black Rate moments away: foodies will love.City Style - A quirky stay in traditional Winchester.Sights nearby - Winchester Castle and Cathedral are must visits.Full of character
Quirky prison-themed B&B that’s both stylish and comfortable with 10 ‘cells’ and nearby sister wine bar, The Black Boy and Michelin star restaurant, The Black Rat. City bolt hole for couples who want something a bit different or solo travellers after solitary confinement! Children are welcome. See More
Britannia House Lymington (Hampshire) 5 rooms from £85Great walks - The New Forest has an abundance of routes of try The Solent Way coastal walkSights nearby - Visit Hurst Castle, Henry VIII's fortress and Beaulieu Abbey-Palace HouseSailing - Lymington is a sailing meccaRestrictions on children - Over 10's welcome
Enjoy a memorable stay at this characterful "home away from home" B&B. Each of the five rooms are filled with artwork and antique pieces; richly coloured fabrics and furnishings. There is also a separate apartment to rent. Enjoy a hearty full English breakfast - fuel for the days outdoor pursuits! See More
Bourne Valley Inn Andover, Hampshire 9 rooms from £85Country Escape - A proper stay in an English country pub surrounded by some of Hampshire's finest sceneryGreat walks - Bourne Valley is one of Hampshire's most picturesque spots and popular for walkingTraditional
The Bourne Valley Inn is a traditional country pub located in bucolic Hampshire. Rooms are decorated in a cosy yet classic style. AA Rosette dishes are served and the full english breakfast (included in the room rate) and afternoon tea are real treats. Its large gardens are a huge draw too. See More
The Westgate Winchester 10 rooms from £85City Style - The Westgate is an ideal choice for those looking to get to know WinchesterFoodies - Enjoy splendid grub at their wonderful restaurantGreat walks - Go for a hike up St Catherine's Hill or simply meander around the city getting a feel for the placeLocal markets - Head along to the lively Farmers' Market on the second and last Sunday of each month
The Westgate is located in Winchester, just a 20 minute drive from Southampton Airport. This pub with rooms offers boutique, unfussy accommodation decorated using plenty of neutral tones. Each room also comes with a coffee table and a flat screen TV. Truly excellent cuisine. An intimate city stay! See More
The White Hart Stockbridge, Hampshire 14 rooms from £86Country Escape - A cosy pub serving hearty dishes with open fires and easy access to glorious countryside.Great walks - Walk to the top of Farley Mount in pretty Farley Mount Country Park.Fishing - Go fly fishing on the lovely chalk streams of the upper River Test.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic stately home and gardens, Mottisfont Abbey.
Moortown Lodge Ringwood, Hampshire 6 rooms from £86Local exploring - Ideally positioned to access the New Forest, Bournemouth, Poole, Christchurch, Salisbury and Southampton.Local markets - Every Wednesday Ringwood holds a traditional market worthy of a visit.Great walks - Embark on long walks through the glorious New Forest countryside.Full of character
A cosy B&B located in the historic market town of Ringwood. Traditionally dressed rooms feature sash windows, cast iron beds and softly patterned fabrics. The fire lit lounge, sumptuous breakfasts and friendly hosts make this a welcome respite after a day spent in the New Forest. See More
The White Hart Overton Hampshire 12 rooms from £89Country Escape - A boutique country inn complete with cosy interiors, hearty food, roaring fires amid fabulous countryside.Great walks - Take long scenic walks through the North Wessex Downs or the South Downs National Park.Sights nearby - Take a tour of the fascinating Victorian Whitchurch Silk Mill.Romantic - Good for couples.
A boutique country inn located in the pretty village of Overton. Rustic chic rooms are beautifully styled with antique furniture, quilted bedspreads and soft hues. The bathrooms are contemporary and spacious. Exemplary pub fare is served in the restaurant. An easy weekend escape from London. See More
The Anchor Inn Lower Froyle, Hampshire 5 rooms from £90Country Escape - A cosy property boasting far reaching views across some of Hampshire's most bucolic landscapes- perfect for ramblers.Great walks - Wonderful walking starting right from the front door, plus warm fires and hearty meals to greet you on return.Fishing - The two nearby chalkstreams make for great fishing, so don't forget your rods.Sights nearby - For a truly Hampshire experience gusets can visit Jane Austen's house.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Anchor Inn is a traditional pub located in prime shooting and fishing country. Full of character with books, pictures, nostalgic bric a brac and WW1 poet themed rooms. Featuring eccentricities such as wooden galleries & quaint private balconies each room is unique. A wonderful country escape. See More
The Red Lion Hook, Hampshire 7 rooms from £90Local exploring - A great base for exploring the surrounding Hampshire countryside.Sights nearby - Pay a visit to the Cathedral Church of St Michael and St George.Great walks - The surrounding countryside is full of beautiful walking routes.Full of character
The White Buck Burley, Hampshire 20 rooms from £97Country Escape - A charming inn backing onto the rugged landscapes of the New Forest and easily accessible from London.Great walks - Find miles of trails running through the New Forest starting right from the property.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
A luxurious inn with the garden backing onto the New Forest. Spacious rooms are elegantly styled with softly patterned fabrics, wooden floors, simple furniture and contemporary bathrooms. Hearty pub fare is served in the restaurant alongside a choice selection of ales. Ideal for rural weekends away. See More
The Yew Tree Highclere,, Hampshire 8 rooms from £99Sights nearby - Billed as being the closest pub to Highclere Castle it is but moments away.Great walks - Perambulate the nearby Natural Garden.TraditionalFull of character
The closest inn to Highclere Castle, The Yew Tree is a firm favourite amongst families and couples making a break from London for the weekend. Stylish rooms and interiors feature tartan prints, reclaimed furnishings and novel lighting. Perfectly executed pub grub is the focus of the menu. Tuck in. See More
B+B Wickham Wickham, Hampshire 13 rooms from £99Value chic - This charming little B&B offers stylish rooms, excellent cuisine, a cosy bar and great rates- fantastic value for money.Local exploring - The perfect base for exploring the beautiful Hampshire countryside.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the picturesque Port Solent, five miles from the hotel.
The Bell Inn Brook, Hampshire 28 rooms from £99Sights nearby - Paulton's Park, Beaulieu Motor Musuem, Marwell Zoo and Exbury Gardens are all close byGreat walks - There are endless walking trails on the door step.Full of characterTraditional
A charming Georgian inn on the northern edge of the New Forest. Individually designed bedrooms offer a comfy oasis after a day's exploring. There's a buzzy bar and the AA rosette restaurant champions locally sourced ingredients. Ideal for outdoorsy types or those wanting a quiet country escape. See More
Daisybank Cottage Brockenhurst (BROCKENHURST) 7 rooms from £100Country Escape - Just an hour and a half from London you will find yourself surrounded by some of the UK's most charming countryside.Great walks - Embark on long walks through the picturesque New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Beaulieu Abbey.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomeRecommended by - Sawdays
Woolpack Inn Totford, Hampshire 7 rooms from £100Active Holiday - Being dog friendly & boasting miles of lovely countryside make the Woolpack Inn very popular with shooting parties and ramblers.Romantic Break - An ideal country escape for two- with log fires, sweeping views, cosy rooms, deep soaking tubs and wonderful traditional grub.Great walks - There are a wide range of walks for all abilities on the doorstep, bring your pooch!Fishing - The area is great for fly fishing, which can be arranged from the hotel.Recommended by - Sawdays
The Woolpack Inn is a classic, traditional pub with beautifully designed rooms in a tiny rural hamlet. Seven elegant, rustic-chic rooms with exposed stone and brick walls. Great food with daily specials and outdoor wood-fired oven for casual pizzas. A real family friendly country find. See More
Audleys Wood Hotel Basingstoke, Hampshire 72 rooms from £105Sights nearby - Visit Jane Austen's house in Basingstoke and enjoy the New Foreset National ParkGreat walks - A wide selection of paths for walkers and runners on the doorstepTraditional
Burley Manor Ringwood, Hampshire 40 rooms from £107Great walks - Burley Manor is surrounded by a number of fantastic walking trailsRomantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The Pilgrim Inn Southampton, Hampshire 14 rooms from £108Great walks - Take long walks across the rugged landscapes of the New Forest.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterTraditional
A charming pub on the outskirts of the New Forest. An atmospheric bar and restaurant is everything one imagines of a country inn - roaring fires, good ales and hearty food. Upstairs a handful of rooms are chicly styled with parquet flooring, cast iron beds and crisp white linen. See More
Peat Spade Inn Longstock, Hampshire 8 rooms from £109Active Holiday - Nestled in Hampshire's Test Valley, a veritable Mecca for sporty types with England's best fly fishing, shooting and walking.Hideaway - A cosy country hideaway with plush beds, roaring fires, cheerful bar and hearty cuisine.Sights nearby - Visit the beautiful Longstock Park Water Gardens, reputed to be the most beautiful in England.Great walks - Lovely walks starting straight from the hotel door, and a bar stool awaiting your return!Recommended by - Sawdays
A delightful fishing inn and refuge for country sports enthusiasts in the beautiful Test Valley. Characterful rooms with warming hues, traditional paintings and tartan fabrics. Wonderful seasonal cuisine on the ever changing menu. Situated in a quaint village, it's the ideal country escape. See More
The King's Head, Hampshire Hampshire 8 rooms from £110Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the surrounding area with its beautiful countryside, including Winchester and Jane Austen's HouseSights nearby - The King's Head provides an ideal base for exploring Winchester and the New ForestGreat walks - The Hampshire downlands are full of lovely walks for all abilitiesFull of character
The King's Head is a Georgian coaching inn in historic Hursley. Eight country-chic rooms with antique furnishings, original fireplaces and oodles of charm. Award winning British cuisine featuring locally sourced ingredients and a traditional skittles alley. A wonderful country escape. See More
East End Arms East End, Hampshire 5 rooms from £110Country Escape - Has all the quaintness necessary for a quintessentially British rural experience, plus great walking and a cosy bar.Foodies - Wonderful seasonal and locally sourced cuisine, the menu changes twice daily depending on what produce comes in.Sights nearby - Visit the Beaulieu estate and view the stately home, the Abbey and the National Motor Museum.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch, get your wellies on and head straight out into the New Forest.Recommended by - Sawdays
Genuine village pub that works well both for locals and overnight guests alike owned by the bassist from Dire Straits. Simple fresh rooms are well designed and comfortable. Hearty British fare is served in the restaurant and local ales are on tap. The New Forest is on the doorstep. See More
The Mayflower Lymington (Hampshire) 6 rooms from £110Local exploring - Whether you're a yachtie or land lubber, there's plenty in the surrounding area to keep everyone happy.Birdwatching - Britain's largest colony of Black headed gulls can be found in the North Solent Nature ReserveSailing - Charter a boat and enjoy a day's sailing off the South CoastSights nearby - Motor mueum at Beaulieu, plus gardens at Exbury and Furzey
The Mayflower is a smart pub with rooms close to Lymington's marina. Six individually designed rooms, all with a cool nautical theme & one with private balcony. Dinners (AA Rosette standard) feature delicious locally sourced, seasonal fare. A great base for exploring the coast or New Forest. See More
The Wellington Arms Hampshire 4 rooms from £110Sights nearby - Twenty minutes drive from Highclere Castle, the filming location of Downton Abbey.Great walks - The surrounding farmland is great for exploring.Minimum Stay - Telephone for all reservations 0118 982 0110Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Spot in the Woods Netley Marsh, Hampshire 11 rooms from £115Local exploring - The Spot in the Woods is a great base for really exploring the New Forest.Sights nearby - Lyndhurst, capital of the New Forest, is just 10 mins awayGreat walks - There is superb walking on the doorstepTraditional
A relaxed, family-friendly boutique B&B in the New Forest, with on site cafe and deli championing local produce. Eleven charming rooms with lots of luxury accessories including top quality beds and linens, complimentary organic toiletries and some with their own private terrace or patio. Great value See More
Bel and the Dragon, Hampshire Kingsclere, Hampshire 9 rooms from £115Romantic Break - A couples haven- with in room tubs, plush bedding, a cosy bar complete with fireplace and an excellent restaurant.Country Escape - This quaint and charming bolthole makes for an ideal country getaway to the sleepy village of Kingsclere.Sights nearby - History buffs must be sure to visit the nearby Highclere Castle.Great walks - Explore the lovely Hampshire countryside on foot.
A charming village inn with a focus on good food and comfortable beds. The elegant rooms are tastefully furnished and feature original wooden beaming and deep bath tubs. Downstairs, there's an excellent gourmet restaurant and the hotel's bar is the perfect cosy sanctuary on a windswept day. See More
The Huntsman of Brockenhurst Brockenhurst (HAMPSHIRE) 13 rooms from £115Country Escape - The perfect country combination of hearty food and fabulous walks.Great walks - Explore the picturesque countryside of the New Forest on long walks.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
A smart gastro pub in the popular village of Brockenhurst. Chic rooms perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles. The brightly tiled bathrooms are particularly alluring. A bustling restaurant serves British classics alongside excellent pizzas from the wood-fire oven. See More
Florence House Boutique Hotel Portsmouth 7 rooms from £115Local exploring - Situated minutes from Southsea seafront and within walking distance of the city's renowned museums and shopping districtBoutique - Chic boutique interiors perfectly mixing traditional and contemporary design to great effectTraditional
A chic little boutique offering spacious rooms in picturesque Southsea. The design mixes traditional style with a fresh contemporary feel. Expect thoughtful luxury touches such as L'Occitaine products. The opposite pub, The Florence Arms, is owned by the hotel and provides hearty British meals. See More
Langrish House Petersfield, Hampshire 13 rooms from £119Great walks - Situated in the heart of the South Downs National ParkSights nearby - There are plenty of country houses, gardens and charming towns and villages to explore close by.Birdwatching - There are a wide variety of species to be spotted in the grounds and surrounding area.Views - All rooms have lovely views over the grounds
A quintessentially British country house hotel just outside Petersfield. Langrish is a stunning 17th century property with individually styled, chintzy, traditional rooms, a gourmet restaurant and atmospheric bar set in the Vaults. Perfect for a weekend escape & a great base for exploring Hampshire. See More
Cottage Lodge Brockenhurst 15 rooms from £120Country Escape - A charming eco-friendly cottage in the heart of the picturesque New Forest.Great walks - Take long walks straight from the property's front door across the rugged landscape of the New Forest.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomeFull of character
A quaint eco hotel in the centre of the New Forest. Forest themed throughout so expect beds made from locally sourced wood, animal themed pillows and wicker chairs. Superb restaurant. The best rooms have a balcony. With walks starting right from the front door this is the ideal rural escape. See More
Master Builder's Beaulieu (Hants) 26 rooms from £125Active Holiday - NFA, situated within the Beaulieu Estate, specialise in outdoor activities suitable both for team building and family fun.Country Escape - A stunning historic and cosy riverside property situated within the 9,000 acre Beaulieu Estate and the New Forest.Local markets - Make a trip to the quaint Lymington Saturday market and sample local foods and drink.Great walks - The very location, within the New Forest, makes this ideal walking terrain.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
Lovely historic property situated on the Beaulieu River. Maritime themed living rooms downstairs whilst bedrooms have a traditional country feel with the addition of colourful Indian fabrics. An award winning restaurant serves modern British cuisine. A host of activities. Ideal for families. See More
The Beach House Lymington, Hampshire 15 rooms from £125Country Escape - A luxury country house located just minutes from the coast and on the outskirts of the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit the impressive Hurst Castle located right at the edge of Hurst Spit.Great walks - Take long blustery walks along the scenic coastal paths.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.
A striking Victorian property located just minutes from the coast. Beautifully renovated throughout. Rooms mix traditional charm with contemporary luxury - think antique furniture, soft pastel hues and indulgent free-standing copper baths. Complete with fabulous bar and restaurant. Rural bliss. See More
Three Lions Nr Fordingbridge, Hampshire 7 rooms from £125Foodies - The restaurant takes centre stage in this hotel - think gourmet food made with locally sourced and foraged produce.Great walks - Walk straight from the property in to the New Forest or a short drive will take you to coastal walks.Sights nearby - The beautiful Beaulieu estate and Abbey makes a great day trip from the hotel.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Converted village inn housing an excellent, personally run restaurant in the New Forest. Rooms decorated in mellow hues have large glass patio doors leading onto the fine garden. The piece-de-resistance is the restaurant headed by owner and chef. Ideally placed in the New Forest for local exploring. See More
Southampton Harbour Hotel Southampton 85 rooms from £125Spa - Featuring hydrotherapy pool, sauna, steam room, mud rasul and state-of-the-art gym. Plus a wide range of ESPA treatmentsSailing - Take a trip on a sailing boat out to sea.Swimming Pool - Indoor heated pool and hydrotherapy poolSights nearby - Pay a visit to Southampton Guildhall.
From the right angle, Southampton Harbour Hotel could easily be a super yacht in the marina. Swish and sleek, its luxurious rooms offer fantastic views out over the harbour. The hotel bar is a great place to start the evening off and in the restaurant you will find delicious seasonal dishes. See More
Crown Manor House Hotel Lyndhurst, Hampshire 50 rooms from £129Local exploring - Set in the heart of Lyndhurst both the towns attractions and surrounding New Forest are easily accessible.Great walks - Take long walks through the charming New Forest countryside.Full of characterTraditional
A luxurious hotel in the heart of Lyndhurst. Spacious rooms perfectly merge traditional and contemporary styles with simple wooden furniture, lux bathrooms and soft hues set besides the buildings original features. A fantastic restaurant and cosy lounge are a welcoming respite. See More
The Angel and Blue Pig LYMINGTON, Hampshire 14 rooms from £130Country Escape - With easy access to the expanse of the New Forest this is an ideal property for holidays spent outdoors.Great walks - A short drive from the property finds you in the heart of the National Park with miles of walking trails to be explored.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of character
A boutique Inn set on the high street in the centre of Lymington. Contemporary rooms are individually styled with bold wall paper, crisp white linen and simple modern furniture. An excellent restaurant has a seasonally changing menu and offers a choice selection of local ales. See More
Lainston House Winchester, Hampshire 50 rooms from £130Country Escape - A 17th-century country house escape, set in 63 acres of stunning Hampshire parkland with tennis courts and lovely gardens.Great walks - Wander the charming gardens on the estate, and further afield into the lovely Hampshire countryside.Cooking classes - Make the most of the excellent on site chefs with the in house professional cookery school.Fishing - Hire a ghillie for fishing on the Test or Itchen, a perfect days outing.Recommended by - Frommers, Small Luxury Hotels
Modernised 17th century country house set in lovely parklands. Large rooms with antique furniture, sash windows and some with four poster beds. Excellent award winning cuisine, cosy bar and fragrant gardens. With plenty of countryside activities nearby, it's the perfect romantic luxury escape. See More
The Old Vine Winchester (Hampshire) 5 rooms from £130Sights nearby - Winchester Cathedral is round the corner.Full of character
This four star inn is brilliantly placed for people wanting to explore Winchester by foot. The relaxed vibe throughout the hotel makes it great for families whilst charming rooms mean couples will like it too. Hearty meals, fine wines and ales are served in the bistro pub. A welcoming stay. See More
The White Star Tavern Southampton 13 rooms from £135Local exploring - Perfectly located in the centre of the city, ideal for reaching all the main attractions.Sights nearby - Visit the restored 14th century Tudor House and Garden.Full of characterTraditional
A smart tavern located in the heart of the city and just a short walk from the harbour. The rooms are chic and contemporary with soft grey hues, simple furnishings and plenty of light. A lively restaurant and bar serves up pub classics alongside a choice selection of real ales. See More
Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst 50 rooms from £135Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the New Forest National ParkTraditional
New Park Manor Brockenhurst (New Forest) 21 rooms from £135Spa breaks - Fabulous purpose built spa with family friendly pool, adult only terrace, steam room, sauna, hot tub and treatments aplenty!Child friendly - Creche and child games room availableFamiliesOutstanding location - In the middle of the New Forest
Situated in the stunning New Forest, and once Charles II's hunting residence, this hotel prides itself on its family-friendly facilities. The spa, swimming pool and games rooms mean that no members of the family will be bored. The hotel has its own traditional English restaurant. See More
Somerset House Boutique Hotel Portsmouth 8 rooms from £139Boutique - A converted Edwardian house offering chic modern design set alongside traditional featuresLocal exploring - Well positioned near Gunwharfs Quay, Southsea castle and a number of museumsSights nearby - Visit the Southsea Castle or Pyramids CentreTraditional
An elegant hotel offering an intimate stay in Portsmouth's historic district. Individually styled rooms highlight the Edwardian property's original features, yet the design is modern with soft hues and unfussy decor. A pub on the same road is owned by the hotel and has excellent British fare. See More
Ennios Southampton 10 rooms from £139Foodies - Come for a touch of authentic Italian fare with a wine list to match.Great walks - Take a stroll through the Sir Harold Hillier Gardens.Restrictions on children - Adult only
An excellent Italian restaurant complete with a handful of chic rooms located on the harbour. Stylish rooms are all different, but all feature crisp white linen, plenty of light and simple contemporary furniture. The restaurant serves authentic fare and is worthy of a visit alone. See More
The Greyhound on the Test Stockbridge, Hampshire 10 rooms from £140Fishing - The property boasts its own private stretch along the Test River for you to try your hand at fly fishing.Great walks - With wellie boots to borrow and packed lunched available you are all see to complete the Test Way.TraditionalFull of character
A delightful award-winning country inn in an idyllic location. Perfect for a weekend break, favoured amongst couples. Rooms and en-suites provide contemporary country chic. great base for walkers and foodies and those into typical country pursuits - fly fishing, walking and shooting. See More
Stanwell House Lymington 30 rooms from £140Exclusive offer - Stay five nights pay for fourLocal exploring - Situated in the pretty market town of Lymington and right between The Solent and the New Forest National Park.Great walks - Grab a packed lunch and head out to explore the miles of beautiful countryside in the New Forest National Park.Local markets - Lymington's famous Saturday market is not to be missed, packed with the cream of local produce.Sights nearby - Check out the neighbouring historic towns of Winchester, Southampton, Romsey, and Lyndhurst.
Boutique townhouse hotel in the centre of delightful Lymington. Rooms feature large windows and contemporary chic design. A host of dining options including fine modern European cuisine, private dining and a laid back all day bistro menu. Well priced and placed for local exploring. See More
The Wykeham Arms Winchester (Hampshire) 13 rooms from £140Sights nearby - Winchester Catherdral is just a few minutes walk away. Winchester Castle is also worth visiting.Great walks - Embark on a guided walk through historic Roman and Saxon Winchester.Restrictions on children - Children not permitted.Full of character
The White Horse Romsey Romsey, Hampshire 31 rooms from £145Local exploring - Set in a pretty market town with easy access to all the natural bounties of the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit Broadlands, the stately home of Lord Mountbatten.Great walks - Take long walks through the picturesque New Forest.Full of character
A chic brasserie and hotel in the heart of the market town of Romsey. Individually styled rooms feature sink-into beds, bold wall paper and parquet flooring. The Brasserie, undeniably the star of the show, offers up contemporary British fare. A charming spot for a weekend break. See More
Clarence Boutique Hotel Portsmouth 8 rooms from £149Romantic Break - With some rooms featuring in-room sunken baths and the adult-only policy, this is a perfect romantic escapeLocal exploring - Well placed in Portsmouth walking distance from the Gunwharf Quays and historic dockyardRestrictions on children - Adult onlyFull of character
An atmospheric small boutique set in the historic part of Portsmouth. Individually styled rooms perfectly mix traditional styles with contemporary patterns and fabrics. The best rooms have large sunken bathtubs (perfect for two). Downstairs there is a pub-style bar - ideal for a romantic city break. See More
The Mill at Gordleton Lymington 12 rooms from £150Foodies - Delicious food, crafted by Chef Toby Hill from only the best local produce- everything you eat is made in house, heaven!Country Escape - A charming converted mill, surrounded by flower filled gardens, right on the outskirts of the New Forest.Sights nearby - Less than 30 minutes away is the medieval Beaulieu Abbey.Great walks - Miles of countryside to be explored in the New Forest.Recommended by - Sawdays
Rural restaurant with rooms in an idyllic riverside location with "secret garden" and wildlife galore including kingfishers and heron. Pretty country rooms some of which feature lovely views over the river. Modern British cuisine and a snug bar. Ideally placed on the edge of the New Forest. See More
Careys Manor Hotel & Spa Brockenhurst (New Forest) 77 rooms from £169Total relaxation - A quiet country house with easy access to the rugged landscapes of the New Forest and boasting a glorious Thai spa.Great walks - Embark on Puttles Bridge, a 5 mile scenic walk starting from near the property.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.
16A Winchester (Hampshire) 3 rooms from £195Great walks - Follow in famous footsteps along the Keats walk. You might just pen a verse or two.Local markets - Winchester Market has a vibrant spread of locally sourced goods.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accommodated at the hotel.Sights nearby - Winchester Cathedral is a must visit.
In an ideal location close to the centre of Winchester and perfect for couples escaping for a city break. Three individually decorated rooms feature charming design quirks such as antique mirrors and lighting, refurbished doors and bedheads and reclaimed Victorian radiators. See More
Aviator Farnborough, Hampshire 169 rooms from £200Romantic Break - A chic retreat for discerning couples- stylish contemporary suites, extensive spa, fantastic food and knockout cocktails.Foodies - This slick hotel boasts two fantastic dining options- Adam Fargin's Brasserie and the more laid back One Eleven.Birdwatching - Enjoy a brisk walk and a bit of birdwatching at nearby Frensham Little Pond.Great walks - Take a wander around The Sculpture Park in Churt, well worth checking out.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Hotel du Vin Winchester Winchester, Hampshire 24 rooms from £219Local exploring - A lovely Georgian property in a central location, ideal for exploring Winchester on foot.Local markets - Winchester plays host to the largest farmers market in the UK, head along and pickup some local treats.Sights nearby - Make a trip to the impressive Cathedral or Wolvesey Castle, both within walking distance.Great walks - The New Forest National Park is a great day trip for all the family.
The Montagu Arms Beaulieu 22 rooms from £228Spa - Access to Spa at sister hotel Careys Manor.Four poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Michelin Travel
Chewton Glen New Milton, Hampshire 72 rooms from £325Country Escape - A gorgeous country house spa, set in 130 acres of parkland at the edge of the magical New Forest.Great walks - Plenty of walking across the 130 acres of parkland, or head into the New Forest.Kids Club - All new The Beehive, available every weekend and school holidaysFishing - There is fishing available nearby, ask at the hotel for details.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Four Seasons Hampshire Hook, Hampshire 133 rooms from £345Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the converted old stables, now an extensive spa using world-renowned products Sodashi and ESPA.Country Escape - An indulgent country estate equipped with tennis courts, sauna, hot tub, spa, fine dining and luxurious suites.Kids Club - Professionally organised children's programmeSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Kiwi Collection
A modernised country house estate with extensive additional modern wings attached. Classic rooms feature high ceilings, sash windows and some with in-room free standing baths. An abundance of country pursuits and spoiling spa. Ideal for the quintessential British country experience. See More
Heckfield Place Hampshire 45 rooms from £350Spa - Little Bothy Spa offers natural treatments with exclusice products from Wildsmith skin range.Hideaway - Authentic country hideaway where you can relax and unwind.Great walks - Country and garden walks.
Spitbank Fort Portsmouth (Royal Clarence Marina) 8 rooms from £600Fishing - Perfect location for an exclusive fishing trip.SpaSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Views - Great views from hotel