- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Beaulieu
The pretty village of Beaulieu (pronounced beu-lee) has been owned by the Montagu family since it’s abbey was dissolved and they have established it as an historic tourist attraction and car museum. There are limited options when it comes to staying in Beaulieu, but our Gurus have some excellent recommendations when it comes to the best places to stay in Beaulieu, including the local inn and an historic riverside building.
What Not To Miss
- The Abbey is still at the heart of the town and has been very well maintained making it a must-see location on the historic trail.
- You’ll find the converted Gothic Abbey gatehouse, which is the current manor house (or Beaulieu Palace House and Gardens as it’s known), a little closer to the mill pond and the headwaters of the Beaulieu River.
- The National Motor Museum has about 250 cars on display, including land speed record breakers and famous film cars. It's a fascinating glimpse into motoring history through the times and has no shortage of wow factor.
- Just along the river is Buckler’s Hard which is where many British naval ships were made, including several which served under Nelson at the Battle of Trafalgar.
- Unwind with a visit to Hatchet Pond, a quaint setting ideal for picnics and enjoying the wild flora and fauna.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Beaulieu will fill up quickly, especially during the peak months so book early to avoid disappointment.
- If you value luxury and a Michelin star in an historic setting then The Montagu Arms is for you. As well as the exceptional restaurant there’s a library bar and terrace and 22 sumptuous rooms. Plus you’re in the heart of the Beaulieu Estate right by the car museum.
For an Active Break
- The wonderfully historic Master Builder’s is right on the Beaulieu River just outside Buckler’s Hard above the river mouth. A lovely historic property featuring maritime themed living rooms downstairs whilst bedrooms have a traditional country feel with the addition of colourful Indian fabrics. An award winning restaurant serves modern British cuisine. A host of activities. Ideal for families.
For a Cottage
- If you'd prefer your own space, take a look at our online partner Booking.com for quaint cottages allowing visitors to be really immersed in village life.
- Fly to Southampton Airport, only 27km (17 miles) from Beaulieu. The airport serves a range of both domestic and International carriers.
- Catch a train to Brockenhurst train station, only 6 miles from Beaulieu with connections to London.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful surrounding countryside, for prices visit our online partnerRentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the most pleasant weather for enjoying the delights of Beaulieu and surrounding New Forest.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Beaulieu
Master Builder's 26 rooms from £95Brockenhurst, Beaulieu
Lovely historic property situated on the Beaulieu River. Maritime themed living rooms downstairs whilst bedrooms have a traditional country feel with the addition of colourful Indian fabrics. An award winning restaurant serves modern British cuisine. A host of activities. Ideal for families.Active Holiday - NFA, situated within the Beaulieu Estate, specialise in outdoor activities suitable both for team building and family fun.Country Escape - A stunning historic and cosy riverside property situated within the 9,000 acre Beaulieu Estate and the New Forest.Local markets - Make a trip to the quaint Lymington Saturday market and sample local foods and drink.Great walks - The very location, within the New Forest, makes this ideal walking terrain.Recommended by - I Escape, Sawdays
The Montagu Arms 22 rooms from £228Beaulieu
17th century country house hotel in the heart of the New Forest National Park. Michelin-starred restaurant, library bar, terrace, sumptuous rooms.Spa - Access to Spa at sister hotel Careys Manor.Four poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Michelin Travel