- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Brockenhurst
Brockenhurst is the largest village in the New Forest and with its sister Lyndurst, just four miles away, is the main centre. But it’s not all supplies shops, pubs and restaurants - both these villages are postcard perfect: think heritage architecture surrounded by the green of the forest. The best places to stay in Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst are a collection of quaint charmers and grand country piles. Brockenhurst is also well located for the Isle of Wight, and you’re only 13 miles from Southampton.
What Not To Miss
- Fasten your seatbelt for a ride through history at the Beaulieu National Motor Museum featuring numerous iconic cars and even a few quirky models from Top Gear.
- Nearby is the magnificent Palace House dating back to the 13th century - it really is a spectacular example an English stately home and features traditional elements including a fully-restored Victorian kitchen.
- And while you're there, a visit to the Beaulieu Abbey Church is ideal for anyone looking to see a lovely traditional church or enjoy a moment of tranquility.
- Stroll around the Hatchet Pond to enjoy the excellent local scenery. The route is made even more interesting by the presence of donkeys often seen grazing near the water.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Brockenhurst features some charming country properties, perfect for a relaxing escape.
To completely unwind
- The Pig is a traditional country escape with all the modern comforts you might need to really relax, including a great spa menu and 31 oh-so comfortable rooms. There’s also a lovely restaurant serving locally sourced food - including much from the hotel’s garden.
- The New Forest has several historic properties including New Park Manor situated in the stunning New Forest and once Charles II's hunting residence. This hotel prides itself on its family-friendly facilities, the spa, swimming pool and games rooms mean that no members of the family will be bored. The hotel has its own traditional English restaurant.
For a traditional experience
- Rhinefield House Hotel is a grand Gothic-meets-Tudor country house within the New Forest National Park by Brockenhurst. This is a 50 room hotel with the amenities to match, including an outdoor pool and gym. There’s also a very versatile restaurant.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you want a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties, perfect as a base for exploring the New Forest.
- Fly to Southampton Airport located 30km (19 miles) from Brockenhurst with a selection of domestic and European flight connections.
- Or catch a train to Brockenhurst Rail Station with rail links to major destinations including Southampton and London.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the New Forest, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather for enjoying all the outdoor activities that Brockenhurst and the New Forest have to offer.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Brockenhurst
The Pig 31 rooms from £185Brockenhurst
A country escape a step above the rest. Traditional meets modern world comforts in rooms with oh-so comfy beds and huge rain showers. The restaurant is worthy of a visit alone with produce being very locally sourced (often from the garden). Treatment rooms on offer for some pampering. Glorious.Spa - Not a spa as such but treatment rooms that therapists come to on request from their sister hotel.Great walks - Borrow a pair of Hunter wellies and set out in to the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit Beaulieu Abbey, Hurst Castle or Buckler's Hard.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Mr & Mrs Smith
Rhinefield House Hotel 50 rooms from £135Brockenhurst
Gothic/tudor style country house hotel set in the depths of the New Forest. Beautiful gardens and traditionally done bedrooms. Dining to suit all tastes and leisure facilities including outdoor swimming pool and gym.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the New Forest National ParkTraditional
New Park Manor 21 rooms from £135Brockenhurst (New Forest)
Situated in the stunning New Forest, and once Charles II's hunting residence, this hotel prides itself on its family-friendly facilities. The spa, swimming pool and games rooms mean that no members of the family will be bored. The hotel has its own traditional English restaurant.Child friendly - Creche and child games room availableFamiliesOutstanding location - In the middle of the New ForestFour poster beds - One four-poster room available