Search the best hotels in Brockenhurst
Brockenhurst is the largest village in the New Forest and with its sister Lyndurst, just four miles away, is the main centre. But it’s not all supplies shops, pubs and restaurants - both these villages are postcard perfect: think heritage architecture surrounded by the green of the forest. The best places to stay in Brockenhurst and Lyndhurst are a collection of quaint charmers and grand country piles. Brockenhurst is also well located for the Isle of Wight, and you’re only 13 miles from Southampton.
What Not To Miss
- Fasten your seatbelt for a ride through history at the Beaulieu National Motor Museum featuring numerous iconic cars and even a few quirky models from Top Gear.
- Nearby is the magnificent Palace House dating back to the 13th century - it really is a spectacular example an English stately home and features traditional elements including a fully-restored Victorian kitchen.
- And while you're there, a visit to the Beaulieu Abbey Church is ideal for anyone looking to see a lovely traditional church or enjoy a moment of tranquility.
- Stroll around the Hatchet Pond to enjoy the excellent local scenery. The route is made even more interesting by the presence of donkeys often seen grazing near the water.
The Hotel Guru's selection of the best places to stay in Brockenhurst features some charming country properties, perfect for a relaxing escape.
The Best Places to Stay in Brockenhurst
To completely unwind
- The Pig is a traditional country escape with all the modern comforts you might need to really relax, including a great spa menu and 31 oh-so comfortable rooms. There’s also a lovely restaurant serving locally sourced food - including much from the hotel’s garden.
- The New Forest has several historic properties including New Park Manor situated in the stunning New Forest and once Charles II's hunting residence. This hotel prides itself on its family-friendly facilities, the spa, swimming pool and games rooms mean that no members of the family will be bored. The hotel has its own traditional English restaurant.
For a traditional experience
- Rhinefield House Hotel is a grand Gothic-meets-Tudor country house within the New Forest National Park by Brockenhurst. This is a 50 room hotel with the amenities to match, including an outdoor pool and gym. There’s also a very versatile restaurant.
For an apartment or cottage
- If you want a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great selection of properties, perfect as a base for exploring the New Forest.
- Fly to Southampton Airport located 30km (19 miles) from Brockenhurst with a selection of domestic and European flight connections.
- Or catch a train to Brockenhurst Rail Station with rail links to major destinations including Southampton and London.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the New Forest, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September provide the warmest weather for enjoying all the outdoor activities that Brockenhurst and the New Forest have to offer.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Brockenhurst
The Pig Brockenhurst 31 rooms from £185Spa - Potting Shed treatment rooms with one of the hotel's personal therapistsGreat walks - Borrow a pair of Hunter wellies and set out in to the New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit Beaulieu Abbey, Hurst Castle or Buckler's Hard.TraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A country escape a step above the rest. Traditional meets modern world comforts in rooms with oh-so comfy beds and huge rain showers. The restaurant is worthy of a visit alone with produce being very locally sourced (often from the garden). Treatment rooms on offer for some pampering. Glorious. See More
Daisybank Cottage Brockenhurst (BROCKENHURST) 7 rooms from £100Country Escape - Just an hour and a half from London you will find yourself surrounded by some of the UK's most charming countryside.Great walks - Embark on long walks through the picturesque New Forest.Sights nearby - Visit the majestic Beaulieu Abbey.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomeRecommended by - Sawdays
The Huntsman of Brockenhurst Brockenhurst (HAMPSHIRE) 13 rooms from £115Country Escape - The perfect country combination of hearty food and fabulous walks.Great walks - Explore the picturesque countryside of the New Forest on long walks.Romantic - Good for couples.Traditional
A smart gastro pub in the popular village of Brockenhurst. Chic rooms perfectly mix traditional and contemporary styles. The brightly tiled bathrooms are particularly alluring. A bustling restaurant serves British classics alongside excellent pizzas from the wood-fire oven. See More
Cottage Lodge Brockenhurst 15 rooms from £120Country Escape - A charming eco-friendly cottage in the heart of the picturesque New Forest.Great walks - Take long walks straight from the property's front door across the rugged landscape of the New Forest.Restrictions on children - Children over 10 are welcomeFull of character
A quaint eco hotel in the centre of the New Forest. Forest themed throughout so expect beds made from locally sourced wood, animal themed pillows and wicker chairs. Superb restaurant. The best rooms have a balcony. With walks starting right from the front door this is the ideal rural escape. See More
Rhinefield House Hotel Brockenhurst 50 rooms from £135Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the New Forest National ParkTraditional
New Park Manor Brockenhurst (New Forest) 21 rooms from £135Spa breaks - Fabulous purpose built spa with family friendly pool, adult only terrace, steam room, sauna, hot tub and treatments aplenty!Child friendly - Creche and child games room availableFamiliesOutstanding location - In the middle of the New Forest
Situated in the stunning New Forest, and once Charles II's hunting residence, this hotel prides itself on its family-friendly facilities. The spa, swimming pool and games rooms mean that no members of the family will be bored. The hotel has its own traditional English restaurant. See More
Careys Manor Hotel & Spa Brockenhurst (New Forest) 77 rooms from £169Total relaxation - A quiet country house with easy access to the rugged landscapes of the New Forest and boasting a glorious Thai spa.Great walks - Embark on Puttles Bridge, a 5 mile scenic walk starting from near the property.Swimming Pool - Indoor poolRomantic - Good for couples.