- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Calistoga
Calistoga is the least developed town in the Napa Valley with an old fashioned feeling main street, and some wonderful natural springs with hot mud baths. Drink the local waters as well as the wine, possibly while watching the geysers? The best places to stay in Calistoga offer something a little different from the rest of the Napa Valley, and our Guru’s collection are also close contenders for the list of the best places to stay in California to relax…
What Not To Miss
- Enjoy a taste of the local product at one of the numerous wineries in the area. Visitors can learn about the wine-making process along with guided tasting sessions meaning you'll sound like a Sommelier in no time.
- Learn about the fascinating local history of the Napa Valley with a visit to the Sharpsteen Museum. The museum was founded by Ben Sharpsteen who won an Oscar which is also on show along with his original animations.
- Explore the great outdoors at the Bothe-Napa State Park providing fantastic opportunities for visitors to camp, hike and cycle to their heart's content. Many of the routes provide sublime views over the park along with easy access to many local attractions.
- Or for something a bit different, visit the Calistoga Speedway when there's a race on for a high-octane experience. The views from the grandstand of the mountains are also rather spectacular.
Our pick of the best places to stay in Calistoga allow visitors to blissfully relax and explore the local vineyards.
- The Chateau de Vie is a peaceful, four bedroom chateau surrounded by lavender filled gardens. Large rooms overlook the vineyards beyond and there’s a gourmet breakfast to start the day and a spa and pool to finish the day.
- The Solage Calistoga has 90 modern rooms, a pool and spa, sauna and hot tubs. They also hire out bikes and there’s an excellent bar and restaurant.
For an apartment or cabin
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option this holiday, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for properties ideal for enjoying the wonderful views.
- Fly to Oakland International Airport located 123km (77 miles) from Calistoga with domestic connections across the U.S. along with International links to Europe.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the Napa Valley, for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - September through to November.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Calistoga
Chateau de Vie 4 rooms from £207Calistoga (California)
Elegant lavender filled formal gardens and quiet stillness create a feeling of peace in this Chateau. Generous sized rooms overlook the surrounding Napa Valley vineyards. Rise to a gourmet breakfast and explore the region on horseback, foot or bike. The Vineyard spa & pool will round off your day.Back to Nature - Beautiful spot in the wine country.Great walks - Along Napa River or through town.Full of characterOutstanding location
Solage Calistoga 89 rooms from £653Calistoga (California)
This 'Adult playground' is in the heart of Napa Valley with pool, spa and bicycles to explore. Rooms are modern with Italian linens and stone showers. Spa offers a wide array of treatments with sauna and hot tub. Solbar offers meals and cocktails using garden produce. Great relax spot!Great walks - A range of walking, jogging and biking trails.Sights nearby - Bale Grist Mill State Historic Park.Full of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.