Search the best hotels in Hawley
Brilliant for fans of the great outdoors, Hawley is perched close to both beautiful Lake Wallenpaupack and the striking Poconos Mountains. The region attracts guests of all ages throughout much of the year, with summers proving especially popular with families. Accommodation options range from charming inns to a swish luxury resort with heaps of activities, fit for a whole host of tastes and budgets. Many of the best places to stay in Hawley also promise spectacular views of lakes, mountains and rivers — ideal for unwinding.
This wonderful corner of north-eastern Pennsylvania will delight keen hikers, horse riders and mountain bikers, who will find myriad trails criss-crossing the foothills of the Poconos Mountains. Lake Wallenpaupack — an impressive 13 miles long — is a hub of activity, with opportunities to sail, fish, swim, kayak, parasail, water ski and wakeboard. Thrill-seekers can also try rafting or canoeing along rivers and waterfalls, or zip-lining amidst the treetops. Families will adore laid-back beach picnics, fun boat trips and the rides at the Carousel Water & Fun Park or Costa’s Family Fun Park, both close to Lake Wallenpaupack.
Once a bustling 19th Century stopping point on the coal shipping route to New York, Hawley boasts attractive Victorian architecture, antique shops and a renovated silk mill — now home to chic boutiques and a spa — as well as art galleries and eateries aplenty. Take some time to stroll around the downtown area for a sense of the Hawley’s industrial past, or enjoy a relaxing wander along the banks of the Lackawaxen River, which winds its way through town.
The best places to stay in Hawley fill up especially fast during the summer months, so book your trip well in advance!
The Best Places to Stay in Hawley
For Laid-back Charm
- Ledges Hotel promises beautiful views of Wallenpaupack Creek, within easy reach of Hawley. This carefully restored former glass factory has generous windows, exposed-stone walls and light, contemporary bedrooms with space for couples or families. The wraparound terrace and welcoming eatery are both highlights. Charming & relaxed.
- The Settlers Inn dates back to 1927, offering antique decor and modern amenities in 21 comfortable guestrooms. The Chestnut Tavern's farm-to-fork ethos is very appealing, and the property is well-suited to couples, families or groups looking to make the most of the great outdoors. Very laid-back.
For a Luxury Resort
- The Lodge at Woodloch is an indulgent, adults-only wellness resort perched on the shores of a private lake. Unwind in the superb spa (complete with an indoor pool, hydromassage waterwalls, steam rooms & more), feast on gourmet fare, play tennis, go cycling or enjoy a round of golf at nearby Woodlock Springs Club. A luxurious couples' or friends' retreat.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to Wilkes-Barre Scranton International Airport, 45 minutes' drive from Hawley. Travel to Hawley by bus or taxi.
- Pennsylvania is a wonderful state for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between June and September for temperatures averaging between 20°C and 27°C, or come in the spring or autumn for cooler weather. Expect cold winters.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our pick of all the best places to stay in Philadelphia.
- Broaden your search to include the best places to stay in Pennsylvania.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Hawley
Best Hotels in Hawley
Ledges Hotel Hawley (Pennsylvania) 19 rooms from £140Great walks - To Hawley, the local town, to see Lake Wallenpaupack and Lighhouse Harbor Marina.Kayaking - An afternoon with Kittatinny Canoes.Sights nearby - Hawley Silk Mill is on site.Full of character
Nestled in Wayne County with views of Wallenpaupack Creek, this hotel with wrap-around terrace enjoys a breath-taking spot. Rooms are contemporary & comfortable. GLASS offers small plates to share with a wide range of American wine, beer and spirits. Perfect choice for exploring rural Pennsylvania. See More
The Settlers Inn Hawley (Pennsylvania) 22 rooms from £152Great walks - Hawley has a two mile walking trail through the park and along the Lackawaxen River.Tennis - Hawling Bingham Park offers tennis courts for all to use.Birdwatching - Eagle spotting in the cooler months is possible.Local markets - Silk Mill has a range of shops.
1927 historical hideaway offers antique decor mixed with modern luxuries to make 21 unique, comfortable & charming rooms. The Chestnut Tavern's popularity with locals is a testament to the organic, farm-to-fork ethos employed here. The most superb spot for outdoors lovers, families and groups. See More
The Lodge at Woodloch Hawley 57 rooms from £506Spa breaks - The property is centred around the spa which offers a selection of expert body treatments, massages, facials, and salon servicesRomantic Break - An adult-only escape perfectly designed for couples: indulge in the spa, take long cycle rides, and enjoy gourmet diningRestaurant - TREE Restaurant and Bar offers gourmet dining using carefully selected produce balancing taste and wellnessSpa - Includes indoor pool, Hydromassage WaterWalls, indoor and outdoor whirlpools, steam rooms, and saunas
A luxury adult-only wellness hotel located beside a private lake. Rooms are elegant and light with simple traditional design. The spa is extensive and the real beating heart of the property, however gourmet dining, outdoor activities, and excellent wines complete the picture. See More