- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Napa
Napa is the biggest centre in the Napa Valley, and has good range of accommodation options. It may not be quite as pretty as some of the smaller towns, but Napa does have a great produce market and a number of excellent restaurants in its favour. The best places to stay in Napa if you’re here for the restaurants are those closer to the centre of town - that way you can stroll home - but some of the properties on our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Napa have excellent restaurants, so that might solve your dinner reservations issues!
Don't forget that Napa is an extremely busy year-round destination. So if you want to secure a bed in one fo the best places to stay in Napa, you'll need to be organised and book well ahead.
- The Blackbird Inn is a boutique B&B in Napa proper, with just eight, cosy rooms with fireplaces, balconies and antique beds. And you’re right by all the restaurants in town.
- The Napa River Inn is another property in Napa town, this time it’s right on the river. There are 66 rooms with charming, old-fashioned decor, as well as a Michelin rated restaurant. And you’re within a stroll of around 20 different tasting rooms.
- The Milliken Creek Inn & Spa is an intimate, 12 room B&B right by the river. As well as the complimentary breakfasts they also lay on cheese and wine evenings and the rooms have fireplaces, balconies and hot tubs.
- The Senza Hotel has 41 stylish rooms with original artworks and private balconies overlooking the vineyards.
For Peace and Quiet
- The Cottages of Napa Valley are eight cottages nestling in the hills of the Napa Valley around a lovely central garden. Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen and a sitting room and dining area.
- The Carneros Inn has been converted from a farm, and the collection of cottages, suites and rooms are modern and stylish. There’s also a choice of restaurants, an award-winning spa, expansive gardens with three pools and a number of hot tubs. As well as wine tastings they also offer cheesemaking classes.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Napa for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Napa,
- expand your search to include the best wine hotels in the Napa Valley
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Napa
Napa River Inn 66 rooms from $249Napa
A waterfront location in the heart of downtown Napa, granting walkabout access to the bustling neighbourhood. The inn provides live entertainment, spa treatments, fine dining, and wine tasting. Old-fashioned decor and charm, and a variety of rooms featuring stunning river views. Michelin rated.Wine tasting - Within walking distance of twenty different tasting rooms!Sights nearby - Only a walk away from Napa Opera House, Uptown Theatre, Quent Cordair Fine Art Gallery...Traditional - Many of the rooms are done up in Victorian styleLocal markets - Just minutes from Oxbow Public MarketRecommended by - Fodors
Blackbird Inn 8 rooms from $250Napa (California)
Boutique B&B in the heart of Napa Valley's wine region offers delicious breakfast and early evening wine hour. Cosy rooms with fireplace, balcony and antique beds. Napa Valley is known for restaurants, so be sure to explore the local selection. Don't miss the stunning countryside and balloon rides.Cooking classes - The Inn is on its 7th edition of its own cook book - ask at reception to see what they do in the kitchen.Fishing - Lake Hennessey for fishing and camping.Full of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Senza Hotel 41 rooms from $242Napa
A trendy hotel in the famed Napa Valley Region. Each stylish room features original artworks and a private balcony over looking the local vineyards. Pamper yourself with in room massages, oversized tubs and Molton Brown bath products. Elegant, opulent and fun.Outstanding locationGreat walks - Several local State Parks provide ample walking- Alston Park, Skyline Wilderness Park, Westwood Hills Park and many more.Cooking classes - Brush up on your culinary skills at Cooking with Julie - Napa and The Culinary Institute Academy - St. HelenaLively - Hip and happening.
The Carneros Inn 86 rooms from $293Napa
Modern take on traditional local farm buildings in the beautiful Napa Valley with an 'agri-chic' aesthetic. The cottages and suites feature private, furnished patios and immaculately stylish rooms. Eat in delicious restaurants, and relax in an award-winning spa, outdoor pools, and grand gardens.Active Holiday - 3 pools, hot tubs, free bikes, extensive gardens, art classes, cheese-making, horse riding and helicopter trips, to name a fewCountry Escape - The beautiful Napa Valley is perfect for a rural escape, and any holiday should involve a visit to a vineyard or tasting houseBack to Nature - The Di Rosa Preserve: Art and Nature is a 217-acre estate housing thousands of artworks in a unique natural setting.Total relaxationRecommended by - Tablet, Mr & Mrs Smith
Milliken Creek Inn 12 rooms from $208Napa (California)
This intimate adults-only inn is on the grassy banks of Napa River and the scenic Silverado Trail. The beautiful rooms boast stylish furnishings in chocolate and cream, creating a sense of warmth and luxury. Fantastic spa treatments and a manicured riverside garden add to the idyllic setting.Romantic Break - Adults-only, with romantic spa treatments and facilities and nearby vineyards for wine-tastings- perfect for a romantic breakTotal relaxation - Unusual and luxury spa treatments on offer, beautiful gardens overlooking the Napa river, and peaceful surroundings.Great walks - Explore the garden and beyond.Restrictions on children - This is an adult only Inn.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Cottages of Napa Valley from $1200Napa (California)
Eight cottages rest around a central garden in the delightful wine region of the Napa Valley. A hideaway fit for a movie star. Each cottage has a fully equipped kitchen, sitting room and dining area. Relax in comfort and privacy or explore the wine and food region by foot, bike, balloon or on horse.Local markets - Check out the local markets and all the Napa produce.Back to Nature - Napa Valley is a stunning part of California.Restrictions on children - All children over the age of 12 are welcome.Sights nearby - Hop aboard the wine train.