- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in St Helena
About St Helena
There’s no way of escaping the Rodeo Drive comparison. It’s a cliche, but St Helena has the high end boutiques and fancy restaurants to warrant such comparison. Parking is also a nightmare. But St Helena is so historically pretty and so close to so many of Napa’s most popular wineries, and the farmer’s market is just so good, that it’s difficult not to want to overlook the extra people on the streets and the need to book a table in advance.
What not to miss:
- Take tours of local wineries and sample the produce along the way.
- Hike or cycle along the many trails running through scenic Kennedy Park and American Canyon.
- Unwind in one of the many excellent spas.
- Visit the excellent contemporary exhibitions at The Christopher Hill Gallery.
The best places to stay in St Helena also have some of the best restaurants in town, so stay in one of our recommendations which would at least help solve the dinner reservations issue.
For a romantic break
- Southbridge is a boutique hotel in central St Helena with 21 large and charming rooms with fireplaces and private balconies. Outside there’s a creeper facade and manicured garden and inside a pizzeria.
For a luxury resort just out of town
- Meadowood is a large, contemporary hotel with 85 rooms and a gourmet restaurant receiving Californian dishes. There’s a spa, pool and an excellent wine list.
- The Auberge du Soleil is a luxurious boutique hotel with breathtaking views over olive groves and vines and an outstanding restaurant.
For a winery
- Experience life on a winery at Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer. Soak in the views of the vineyards from the bedroom terraces. Well proportioned rooms are traditional in style with exposed stone, open fireplaces and the best feature polished parquet floors.
For a holiday home
- If you've decided that a self catering property would be more suitable for your holiday, then we recommend you visit our online booking partner Booking.com where they have a wide selection for all tastes and budgets.
- The closest major airport to Saint Helena, California is Charles M. Schulz - Sonoma County Airport located 28 miles from the city centre, otherwise it's San Francisco
- Best time to visit - St Helena is a year round destination with its temperate climate. Autumn is particularly pretty with its vibrant colours.
- If you plan to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars for the best prices.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in St Helena
Harvest Inn by Charlie Palmer 78 rooms from £352St Helena (California)
Experience life on a winery at this charming inn. Soak in the views of the vineyards from the bedroom terraces. Well proportioned rooms are traditional in style with exposed stone, open fireplaces and the best feature polished parquet floors. Enjoy country style cooking in the restaurant . Fabulous.Country Escape - Experience the slow-paced life on a vineyard.Views - The property has fabulous views over the surrounding vineyards and wider areaSwimming Pool - Two outdoor pools open year round - the more secluded one is for adults onlySights nearby - Five minutes drive from St Helena and easy access to Napa Valley wineries.
Auberge du Soleil 50 rooms from £262St Helena (California)
The breathtaking views, olive groves and outstanding restaurant are reason enough to stay but add a pool, spa and prime location and you have the perfect A luxury boutique hotel. Rooms are luxurious from the linens to the bath soaps. 15,000 strong wine cellar, a renowned restaurant across the valleySights nearby - Napa Museum is small but worth a visit - exhibits local artists.Local markets - V Market has it all - food, wine, shops & entertainment.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Meadowood 85 rooms from £384St Helena (California)
A warm welcome awaits, wine tasting and Napa Valley views. The large, contemporary rooms with modern bathrooms and private balconies. The restaurant offers gourmet Californian dishes accompanied by regional wine. Relax at the spa, read by the pool or explore the vineyards by foot, horse or bike.Great walks - The Meadowood Loop is 4 miles of Napa Valley countrside.Back to NatureSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux
Southbridge 21 rooms from £177St Helena (California)
This downtown boutique has a picturesque creeper facade, manicured gardens and relaxing water fountain. Large rooms house plush linens, fireplaces and private balconies. Pizzeria Tra Vigne serves up fresh pasta dishes and wood-oven pizzas in a classically Italian setting. So much to explore on foot!Local markets - Gourmet markets are regualr occurances in St Helena - be sure to ask when they are on.OpulentFull of characterSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor