- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Search the best hotels in Orlando
Well known as a resort since the 1890s at least, the modern fortunes of Orlando changed dramatically one day in 1965 when a Mr Walter Elias Disney, usually known as Walt, chose the city over Miami and Tampa as the base for his world-beating theme park Disney World. Most of the best places to stay in Orlando are geared up for ensuring their guests enjoy the best of this phenomenon.
Being inland, this wetland area, once the preserve of Seminole native American tribes, is less vulnerable to hurricanes and other natural disasters. Now this small Sun Belt city (population just over a quarter of a million people) has claims to being the “theme park capital of the world” attracting an astonishing 62 million visitors a year. If you’re booking a package from abroad, the tour operator will probably advise that the best places to stay in Orlando are tied into the resorts, but the Hotel Guru’s advice is that it pays to look independently and sample the city’s attractions far from those theme park turnstiles.
Things not to miss:
- Undeniably Orlando's most famous draw are the theme parks. Home to Disney Parks, Sea World and Univeral Studios. If theme parks are your thing, this is the place to be!
- Born and bred Orlandoans would point out that there is much more to the city than theme park tourism. For those looking for something a little different, there is a thriving art scene, museum and music (of all types) as well.
Just don't forget that this is a busy year-round destination, so if you want to be sure of a room in one of the best places to stay in Orlando, do your homework and book well ahead.
The best places to stay in Orlando
For activity lovers
- Villas of Grand Cypress is a lavishly appointed suites-only resort hotel that makes the most of its location by Orlando's leading theme parks. There is something for everyone here including golf (some of America’s best courses are nearby), sailing, cycling, outdoor swimming pool, fishing and tennis. Although close to Walt Disney World, it is a world away form the bustle, a haven of peace from the thronging crowds.
For a private apartment or house
- For those looking for some additional privacy, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- For international flights Orlando International is the best option.
- For those looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Holiday Autos.
- Orlando is famous for year round sunshine but we recommend visiting in the spring from March to May, to enjoy good weather and less tourists.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Orlando
Villas of Grand Cypress 146 rooms from $349Orlando
Spectacular suites-only resort hotel right by Orlando's top theme parks. Activities include golf, sailing, cycling, swimming in the outdoor pool, fishing and tennis. Interiors are warm and inviting with understated modern furnishings, elegant bathrooms and sleek living areas. Dining options abound.Swimming Pool - Spacious outdoor swimming pool with poolside snackbarsSights nearby - Located next to Walt Disney World in Orlando, FloridaViews - There are views of the North Course golf courseOutstanding location - The resort is adjacent to Disney World.