Search the best hotels in Orlando
Well known as a resort since the 1890s at least, the modern fortunes of Orlando changed dramatically one day in 1965 when a Mr Walter Elias Disney, usually known as Walt, chose the city over Miami and Tampa as the base for his world-beating theme park Disney World. Most of the best places to stay in Orlando are geared up for ensuring their guests enjoy the best of this phenomenon.
Being inland, this wetland area, once the preserve of Seminole native American tribes, is less vulnerable to hurricanes and other natural disasters. Now this small Sun Belt city (population just over a quarter of a million people) has claims to being the “theme park capital of the world” attracting an astonishing 62 million visitors a year. If you’re booking a package from abroad, the tour operator will probably advise that the best places to stay in Orlando are tied into the resorts, but the Hotel Guru’s advice is that it pays to look independently and sample the city’s attractions far from those theme park turnstiles.
Things not to miss:
- Undeniably Orlando's most famous draw are the theme parks. Home to Disney Parks, Sea World and Univeral Studios. If theme parks are your thing, this is the place to be!
- Born and bred Orlandoans would point out that there is much more to the city than theme park tourism. For those looking for something a little different, there is a thriving art scene, museum and music (of all types) as well.
Just don't forget that this is a busy year-round destination, so if you want to be sure of a room in one of the best places to stay in Orlando, do your homework and book well ahead.
The Best Places to stay in Orlando
For activity lovers
- Villas of Grand Cypress is a lavishly appointed suites-only resort hotel that makes the most of its location by Orlando's leading theme parks. There is something for everyone here including golf (some of America’s best courses are nearby), sailing, cycling, outdoor swimming pool, fishing and tennis. Although close to Walt Disney World, it is a world away form the bustle, a haven of peace from the thronging crowds.
For a private apartment or house
- For those looking for some additional privacy, we recommend visiting our online partner Booking.com.
- For international flights Orlando International or Orlando Sanford Internatioanl Airports are the best option.
- For those looking to hire a car, we recommend visiting our online partner Rentalcars.
- Orlando is famous for year round sunshine but we recommend visiting in the spring from March to May, to enjoy good weather and less tourists.
Still not sure?
- Browse our list of the best places to stay in Orlando,
- Expland your search to cover the whole of Florida
- Or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Monthly Weather in Orlando
Best Hotels in Orlando
Villas of Grand Cypress Orlando 146 rooms from £272Swimming Pool - Spacious outdoor swimming pool with poolside snackbarsSights nearby - Located next to Walt Disney World in Orlando, FloridaViews - There are views of the North Course golf courseOutstanding location - The resort is adjacent to Disney World.
Spectacular suites-only resort hotel right by Orlando's top theme parks. Activities include golf, sailing, cycling, swimming in the outdoor pool, fishing and tennis. Interiors are warm and inviting with understated modern furnishings, elegant bathrooms and sleek living areas. Dining options abound. See More
Loews Portofino Hotel Orlando 750 rooms from £285Groups - Groups of friends will love the variety of different attractions and facilities - there's something to match everyone's interestSights nearby - Within Universal Orlando site enjoy Universal Studios, Harry Potter World and Islands of Adventure & Volcano Bay theme parksFamilies - As well as endless entertainment, there are family-friendly suites, interconnecting rooms, baby-sitting and cribs availableActive Holiday - Enjoy a different amusement park every day, hit the man-made beach, play golf or shop to your heart's content
Expansive resort modelled on a traditional Italian lakeside town. Spacious rooms have fresh nautical colour-schemes and plush soft furnishings. Enjoy multiple dining venues, live entertainment, Kid's club, three pools, water slides and free shuttles to nearby amusement parks. Family holiday heaven. See More
The Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Orlando 582 rooms from £453Golf - The 18-hole championship course designed by Greg Norman has challenging greens, wide fairways and hazards for all skill levelsFamilies - As well as family suites & the extensive list of theme parks in the area, the resort has endless activities to keep everyoneSpa breaks - Spread over 40,000 sq. ft, check-in for a spoiling weekend of indulgent massages, healthy food & effective body treatmentsTotal relaxation - This is a great place to switch off and relax. Spend days outdoors, at the spa or simply sunbathing by the pool
Super-luxury resort spread over vast parkland. Spacious rooms are classic contemporary in style, all have balconies and soft colour schemes. Indulge in 12 dining options and at the impressive spa. Activities, especially pools, golf and nearby amusement parks are unparalleled and suit all ages. See More
Waldorf Astoria Orlando Orlando 498 rooms from £478Golf - The resort's highly-acclaimed & visually stunning 18-hole golf-course was designed by world famous course architect Rees JonesLocal exploring - If there's time left after completing Disney Land, there's also Universal Studios, Sea World, shopping, golf and dining nearbyTotal relaxation - There's plenty on offer for those who don't fancy the parks; check-in for spa days, luxurious pool-time, fine-dining and golfFamilies - The WA Kid's Club offers programs throughout the day and evenings including crafts, pool games, learning & starlight s'mores
Luxurious family-friendly resort located within the Disney Land complex. Stylish and elegant rooms boast white, cream & beige soft furnishings, plush carpets and stunning views while glossy public areas are vast. Indulge at top-of-the-range dining options, enjoy world-class golf, exotic pools & spa. See More
Four Seasons Resort Orlando Orlando 443 rooms from £789Families - Experience Disney World with a touch of luxury- kids clubs, pools and playgrounds as well as extra hours access to the parkCooking classes - Take classes in everything from Italian classics to Spanish tapas from Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi and his team of expertsOutstanding location - Set within Walt Disney World® ResortLively - Hip and happening.
This expansive Four Seasons hotel offers a uniquely 5 star Disney World experience. The rooms and suites are cool and contemporary with every added indulgence you can think of, and many offer views over the park. The facilities, from food to spa, and grounds, are all you would expect- incredible! See More