Search the best hotels in Orlando
A popular Florida resort city since the late nineteenth century, Orlando burst onto the international scene in 1965, when Mr Walt Disney chose the city over Miami and Tampa as the base for Disney World. Theme parks are still the main attraction for most visitors, and the area’s accommodation options include everything from simple hotels to expansive luxury resorts, focused on creating the ultimate experience for guests. Many of the best places to stay in Orlando are close to the theme parks in question — others are scattered further afield, but have a plethora of impressive facilities of their own!
Once the preserve of Seminole Native American tribes, this part of Florida’s extensive wetlands has been transformed into ‘the theme park capital of the world’, home to Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Orlando Resort and SeaWorld Orlando. Whilst Orlando is home to just a quarter of a million people, it attracts an astonishing 62 million visitors per year. Package holidays booked through tour operators often include accommodation and resort passes, but we’d suggest booking your own stay and taking the time to explore beyond the parks to see what else Orlando has to offer.
Venture into the mysterious Florida Everglades by airboat to spot unusual wildlife and admire a fascinating ecosystem. Night tours are particularly special. Nature enthusiasts will also adore the almost 700-acre Bok Tower Gardens, as well as the Central Florida Zoo & Botanical Gardens, located in Sanford. Head to the region’s many lakes for kayaking, paddling and boat trips, or go hiking and cycling along leafy trails. In the heart of the city, you’ll find museums, galleries, shops, cafés and eateries aplenty.
Catering to a tremendous number of guests travelling with children, many of the best places to stay in Orlando are well equipped to offer fantastic family-friendly suites and cottages, as well as a huge choice of activities.
The Best Places to stay in Orlando
- Margaritaville Resort is a 300-acre resort, just minutes from Orlando's famous theme parks. Book a suite or multi-room cottage for a fun family trip. The kids will love the resort's Island H2O Water Park and heaps of activities.
- Loews Portofino Hotel has been modelled on a traditional Italian lakeside town. Expect chic interiors with themed rooms for little ones, three swimming pools, water slides, a kids club and free shuttles to the amusement parks. Family holiday heaven.
- JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Resort & Spa is a grand property with six restaurants, four bars, two swimming pools and easy access to the theme parks. Watch Disney's fireworks from the hotel rooftop! Well-equipped for guests of all ages.
For Grown Ups
- Villas of Grand Cypress is a lavish, suites-only resort, perfect for a romantic escape. Families are welcome, but the modern, understated elegance of the hotel feels best suited to couples. Expect heaps of activities, fantastic food and gorgeous design. Very peaceful.
- Grand Bohemian Hotel, Orlando is a sophisticated spot in downtown Orlando. Ideal for a grown up city break, the hotel is decorated in rich purple and gold velvets, with dark wood. Sip handcrafted cocktails as you listen to jazz in the piano lounge, or get the party started at the rooftop pool.
- Bohemian Hotel Celebration prides itself on offering a taste of Old Florida, with refined rooms and suites promising a tranquil stay in Celebration. Unwind at the wellness centre or in the swimming pool after cycling or hiking through the surrounding countryside. Lovely for couples or friends.
- Four Seasons Resort Orlando offers a 5 star Disney World experience, with cool, contemporary rooms and suites — some of which have expansive views over the Park. The resort's team and facilities cater to every whim! A delight, particularly for families.
- The Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes promises an extravagant array of options, with 12 restaurants, a 40,000 sq.ft spa and a golf course designed by Greg Norman. Set across vast parkland, this is an exquisite resort choice for couples or families.
- Waldorf Astoria Orlando is a luxurious, family-friendly resort located within the Walt Disney World complex. Interiors are elegant, there are top-notch dining options, swimming pools, an indulgent spa and a Rees Jones-designed 18-hole golf course. A fabulous choice.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR VILLA
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly into Orlando International Airport or to Orlando Sanford International Airport, before travelling to your destination by bus or taxi. Alternatively, catch the train from elsewhere in Florida or beyond.
- Florida is great for a road trip! Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between December and mid-April for the best weather — though this is also peak season! To avoid the crowds and make the most of hotel offers, time your trip for May or June, before the really hot weather sets in. Florida's hurricane season typically runs from late June until November.
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Jacksonville.
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in Florida.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Orlando
Best Hotels in Orlando
Margaritaville Resort Orlando 186 rooms from £116Beach Life - Warm waters, soft sands, palm trees, and birds singing — Fins Up Beach Club is an island oasis just steps from guest roomsHideaway - With the endless amenities and acitivites guest's can spend up to a week at the resort and still not get boredFamilies - The Disney theme parks, Universal Orlando Resort, and SeaWorld Orlando are just minutes awaySpa - St Somewhere Spa offers wonderfully imaginative treatments, from the Himalayan Salt Room to heated chromotherapy massage tables
An opulent 300-acre luxury resort, just minutes from Orlando's famous theme parks. Island-vibe rooms and cottages have tropical furnishings. With a family adventure waterpark, beach club, spa, and a wide range of shopping, dining and entertainment options - this is ideal family holiday material. See More
Bohemian Hotel Celebration Orlando 115 rooms from £116Local exploring - Savour local dining, eclectic shopping and fun rides and events at Kissimmee's Old TownActive Holiday - The hotel is well placed to access Orlando's famous themeparks and studiosSights nearby - The hotel is near Walt Disney World theme parks and ESPN Wide World of SportsRestaurant - Lakeside Bar and Grill offers American fare in a Florida-chic atmosphere
A luxury boutique hotel set in the quaint town of Celebration near to the attractions and Disney theme parks of Orlando. Spacious rooms blend classic Floridian chic with bohemian accents (think: oak headboards & floral curtains). Complete with a pool and atmospheric restaurant and bar. Very chic. See More
Grand Bohemian Hotel, Orlando Orlando 250 rooms from £148City Style - Situated in the heart of downtown Orlando, walking distance to vibrant theatres, nightlife and restaurantsArtworks - $6.5 million (£5m) of artwork from owner Richard Kessler’s private collection covers the wallsSpa - The Poseidon Spa features an extensive range of massage, facial, and body treatmentsRestaurant - The Boheme restaurant offers gourmet cuisine, expect seafood and steaks
A stylish and lively hotel, set in downtown Orlando. Sophisticated ambience with deep reds, gold columns and rare artworks. Chic spacious rooms are decorated in rich purple and gold velvets, dark woods and plush carpets. Sip on handcrafted cocktails and listen to jazz at the lounge. A grownup stay. See More
JW Marriott Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort & Spa Orlando 516 rooms from £165Total relaxation - Find replenishment and rejuvenation at the 9,920-square-foot luxury hotel spa, featuring 10 treatment rooms and express podsFamilies - Spacious suites, many dining options, two pools and close proximity to Orlando's most famous themeparksSights nearby - The hotel is conveniently located near Disney World® theme parks and offers a shuttle serviceRestaurant - Six restaurants including an American, Japanese and BQQ choice
A grand family-friendly resort and spa, just minutes from Orlando's theme parks. Chic rooms are decorated in cream and white hues and have indulgent marble bathrooms. Guests are spoilt for choice between 6 restaurants, 2 pools and 4 bars. Plus, watch the Disney firework show from the rooftop! See More
Villas of Grand Cypress Orlando 146 rooms from £272Swimming Pool - Spacious outdoor swimming pool with poolside snackbarsSights nearby - Located next to Walt Disney World in Orlando, FloridaViews - There are views of the North Course golf courseRestaurant - There are seven restaurants at the resort
Spectacular suites-only resort hotel right by Orlando's top theme parks. Activities include golf, sailing, cycling, swimming in the outdoor pool, fishing and tennis. Interiors are warm and inviting with understated modern furnishings, elegant bathrooms and sleek living areas. Dining options abound. See More
Loews Portofino Hotel Orlando 750 rooms from £285Groups - Groups of friends will love the variety of different attractions and facilities - there's something to match everyone's interestSights nearby - Within Universal Orlando site enjoy Universal Studios, Harry Potter World and Islands of Adventure & Volcano Bay theme parksFamilies - As well as endless entertainment, there are family-friendly suites, interconnecting rooms, baby-sitting and cribs availableActive Holiday - Enjoy a different amusement park every day, hit the man-made beach, play golf or shop to your heart's content
Expansive resort modelled on a traditional Italian lakeside town. Spacious rooms have fresh nautical colour-schemes and plush soft furnishings. Enjoy multiple dining venues, live entertainment, Kid's club, three pools, water slides and free shuttles to nearby amusement parks. Family holiday heaven. See More
The Ritz Carlton Orlando Grande Lakes Orlando 582 rooms from £453Golf - The 18-hole championship course designed by Greg Norman has challenging greens, wide fairways and hazards for all skill levelsFamilies - As well as family suites & the extensive list of theme parks in the area, the resort has endless activities to keep everyoneSpa breaks - Spread over 40,000 sq. ft, check-in for a spoiling weekend of indulgent massages, healthy food & effective body treatmentsTotal relaxation - This is a great place to switch off and relax. Spend days outdoors, at the spa or simply sunbathing by the pool
Super-luxury resort spread over vast parkland. Spacious rooms are classic contemporary in style, all have balconies and soft colour schemes. Indulge in 12 dining options and at the impressive spa. Activities, especially pools, golf and nearby amusement parks are unparalleled and suit all ages. See More
Waldorf Astoria Orlando Orlando 498 rooms from £478Golf - The resort's highly-acclaimed & visually stunning 18-hole golf-course was designed by world famous course architect Rees JonesLocal exploring - If there's time left after completing Disney Land, there's also Universal Studios, Sea World, shopping, golf and dining nearbyTotal relaxation - There's plenty on offer for those who don't fancy the parks; check-in for spa days, luxurious pool-time, fine-dining and golfFamilies - The WA Kid's Club offers programs throughout the day and evenings including crafts, pool games, learning & starlight s'mores
Luxurious family-friendly resort located within the Disney Land complex. Stylish and elegant rooms boast white, cream & beige soft furnishings, plush carpets and stunning views while glossy public areas are vast. Indulge at top-of-the-range dining options, enjoy world-class golf, exotic pools & spa. See More
Four Seasons Resort Orlando Orlando 443 rooms from £789Families - Experience Disney World with a touch of luxury- kids clubs, pools and playgrounds as well as extra hours access to the parkCooking classes - Take classes in everything from Italian classics to Spanish tapas from Executive Chef Fabrizio Schenardi and his team of expertsOutstanding location - Set within Walt Disney World® ResortLively - Hip and happening.
This expansive Four Seasons hotel offers a uniquely 5 star Disney World experience. The rooms and suites are cool and contemporary with every added indulgence you can think of, and many offer views over the park. The facilities, from food to spa, and grounds, are all you would expect- incredible! See More