Search the best hotels in Sedona
Voted one of the most beautiful places in the United States, Sedona’s skyline of craggy red rock formations holds a special place in our imagination. Surrounded by 1.8 million acres of national forest land, this an alluring spot for outdoor enthusiasts – and, as a sacred region for Native Americans, it possesses strong spiritual roots. Accommodation options are wide-ranging, with everything from low-key guesthouses to luxurious resorts, suitable for a whole host of interests and budgets. Our pick of the best places to stay in Sedona promises not only spectacular views, but charm in spades, whether you’re in search of laid-back bliss or thrilling adventure.
Sedona is a superb spot to soak up the magic of the great outdoors. Hit the trails on foot or mountain bike, with more than 300 miles of routes to follow across the dramatic sandstone landscape. Hiking, climbing and biking aside, off-road jeep tours offer an adrenaline-fuelled way to explore the area with a knowledgeable local guide.
Wine lovers can sample tipples from along the Verde Valley Wine Trail, whilst art aficionados will find creative inspiration aplenty in Sedona’s 40 galleries. The town’s gourmet eateries are also a big draw, as are its rejuvenating spas and the striking Chapel of the Holy Cross, embedded in towering red cliffs.
Sedona has a long legacy, too, of attracting artists, healers and travellers of a spiritual disposition. Take a guided tour of the region’s four primary vortexes, believed to radiate the earth’s energy, or explore alternative therapies in town, with crystal healing sessions, tarot card readings and traditional alternative medicine inspired by Native American practices.
Whether you’re dreaming of restful spa days amidst red-rock cliffs, spiritual connections or challenging climbs and thrilling off-road adventures, Sedona is a stellar base for your explorations. The best places to stay in Sedona all offer amazing views of the beautiful landscape, which continues to pull visitors to this enchanting region. A popular destination, Sedona gets crowded during the summer months, so book your stay well in advance to avoid missing out!
The best places to stay in Sedona
For a spa retreat
- Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa boasts bright and indulgent contemporary rooms in a picturesque West Sedona setting. Excellent facilities include an extensive spa where the focus is on relaxation, healing and wellness plus fitness studio, pool and jacuzzi, as well as delicious cuisine at the grill. Book a luxurious Spa Suite for a big soaking tub, and spend evenings stargazing from the rooftop bar.
- Amara Resort & Spa offers beautifully-designed rooms and an award-winning spa in a tranquil location near Uptown Sedona. Showcasing headboards carved from fallen trees, traditional weaves and artwork on the walls, this creative resort pays particular homage to the local landscape. Unwind at the soothing spa (don't miss one of their signature Rain Dance Massages) and sip cracking cocktails as the sun goes down.
- Enchantment Resort & Spa is a secluded luxury resort with four restaurants, set in 70 acres of striking scenery. Large contemporary rooms and suites have private decks and fireplaces with impressive views of the gateway to Boynton Canyon. The Mii Amp Spa is a real highlight, with a healing therapies for mind, body and spirit, rooted in native American traditions. Superb!
- L'Auberge de Sedona is a beautiful idyll nestled at Oak Creek in Red Rock Country, with luxuriously-appointed cottages scattered across the striking property. Featuring a pool, a soothing spa (signature treatments include Forest Bathing and "Feet in the Creek"), excellent cuisine — complemented by an extensive wine cellar — and natural wonders aplenty, this is a gorgeous romantic escape.
For boutique charm
- A Sunset Chateau is a luxurious small boutique hotel set on a hillside overlooking Sedona’s famous red rocks. Characterful suites are chic and spacious, with indulgent bathrooms, cosy fireplaces and lovely views. Explore the gardens, unwind by the pool or head out for a hike. A fabulous couples’ destination.
- Casa Sedona is a romantic inn nestled on an acre of manicured gardens. Rooms are cosy and quaint, with big wooden beds and fireplaces. Pick this place for beautiful views, hikes aplenty, and a relaxed, intimate vibe — charming.
For a central location
- El Portal prides itself on offering visitors a real sense of the soul of the southwest: think hand-plastered walls, period features and artisan tiles in big, comfortable bedrooms. Nab a luxury suite for dazzling views and a river-rock fireplace. A superb central Sedona location, perfect for making the most of the town as well as the wonders beyond.
For a holiday home or apartment
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Phoenix Airport is roughly a 2-hour drive from Sedona, and most hotels will be happy to help arrange transport. Alternatively, Sedona has its own small airport which can accommodate private jets and small chartered planes.
- Contact our partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Visit between March and May or September and November, when the temperatures are warm (18 - 30 degrees celsius) but not too hot!
Still not sure?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in Tucson.
- Alternatively, check out our pick of the best places to stay in Arizona.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Sedona
Best Hotels in Sedona
Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa Sedona (Arizona) 104 rooms from £141Spa breaks - With an extensive spa onsite boasting first-class facilities, book this hotel for a unique red rock spa breakRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this stylish spa; book a couples' treatment for a romantic night inLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Sedona, this hotel offers easy access to the town's main attractionsSights nearby - Visit the Montezuma Castle National Monument, a set of preserved dwellings which were built and used by the Sinagua peopleRecommended by - Tablet
This luxury hotel and spa is located in Sedona, Arizona. Guestrooms are cosy and inviting, with carpeted floors, a fireplace and private patio; book a luxury suite in the spa for a sunken bathtub and rejuvenating toiletries. Book a couples' massage for a romantic evening in; a stylish spa getaway. See More
Amara Resort & Spa Sedona 100 rooms from £172Total relaxation - A wonderfully reviving spa, plush rooms and views over the famed red rocks which are said to emanate rejuvenating energyFull of characterBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
A secluded and peaceful resort, just two blocks from uptown Sedona. The colour schemes and decor pay hommage to the local landscape- native weaves and baskets hang on the walls and the headboards are carved from fallen trees. Feast on South West favourites with a twist and killer cocktails. See More
Sedona Views B&B Sedona 5 rooms from £179Back to Nature - As one of the most spiritual places in the US, come here to spend time in spectacular natural surroundsRomantic Break - With suites that boast hot tubs for two and an adult-only policy, this is ideal for a romantic escapePrivate Hot Tub - All suites come with an outdoor hot tub for twoGreat walks - There are endless opportunities for hiking in the area whether you want to set out to a waterfall or a mountain top
A charming B&B located in a scenic spot just outside Sedona. Five airy suites are traditionally styled with warm hues, antiques, fireplaces, and wooden floors. All feature hot tubs for two and private patios. Breakfasts are an indulgent affair and the hosts are ever helpful. Intimate and romantic. See More
Casa Sedona Sedona (Arizona) 16 rooms from £197Local exploring - Located 15 minutes' from the Red Rock State Park, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy rooms at this hotel; book a luxury suite for self-catering facilitiesBack to Nature - Set on an acre of native forest, this hotel makes a unique retreat to natureGreat walks - Discover the cultural landscape of Sedona on a galleries walk; enquire at the hotel for the best route
This romantic inn is nestled on an acre of manicured gardens. The elegant guestrooms feature a cosy, private fireplace, balcony and luxury linens; book the Sol Vista Suite for a furnished patio and self-catering facilities. Dine at the intimate hotel restaurant; a quiet rural stay. See More
Lantern Light Inn Sedona 10 rooms from £202Active Holiday - Whether you want to hike, horse ride, or mountain bike — this is the perfect area for outdoor enthusiastsBack to Nature - The surrounding national parks boast some of the USA's most epic scenerySights nearby - Montezuma Castle National Monument dates back to the 12th century and is an impressive sightGreat walks - Hike through the unique landscapes with routes to suit all abilities
A chic boutique hotel set in the heart of Sedona. Contemporary rooms mix traditional and modern styles; think heavy wood furniture, natural hues, flatscreen TVs, and plenty of light. Outside are hanging banana swings and a large patio for evening socialising. A grown-up stay for outdoor enthusiasts. See More
Sky Ranch Lodge Sedona 94 rooms from £210Weddings - For an unforgettable backdrop and an experienced wedding team, this is a standout wedding venueBack to Nature - With some of the best views in town of the red canyons, this is a nature lover's paradiseGreat walks - Hike the scenic Sedona Airport Mesa Trail LoopSwimming Pool - Heated salt water outdoor pool
A luxury hotel boasting probably the best views of the canyons in Sedona. Airy rooms make the most of the vistas from enormous windows and while the interiors' feel is fresh and modern there are cosy touches such as fireplaces. Complete with a pool and wine terrace, this is perfect for couples. See More
A Sunset Chateau Sedona 25 rooms from £210Romantic Break - Couples love the stylish interiors at this hotel; book the luxury hacienda suite for Red Rock views from a private balconyActive Holiday - This hotel is close to lots of hiking trails, making it a great choice for active holidaymakersBack to Nature - Set on a hillside in Sedona, this hotel overlooks the best of the region's natural beautyGreat walks - Take the Airport Mesa trail and loop around Table Top Mountain through basalt boulders and red rocks to panoramic views
This charming hotel is nestled on a hillside with views over Sedona's famous red rocks. The stylish suites are individually dressed and feature a fireplace, plush rugs and boutique furniture; book the Royal Hacienda Suite for a private balcony with mountain views. Unwind in the hot tub; a chic stay. See More
Enchantment Resort and Spa Sedona (Arizona) from £284Sights nearby - In the area you MUST see the Grand Canyon and there are some fantastic tours to get on.Cooking classes - Cooking classes and demos are avaliable for all levels of cooks.Secluded setting - For escaping.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
A luxurious resort secluded in 70 acres. Large contemporary rooms and suites have private decks and fireplaces with unbelievable views of the gateway to Boynton Canyon. Imaginative menus and an extensive wine list welcome you at all four of the restaurants. Activity and spa paradise. See More
Creekside Inn Sedona 6 rooms from £233Local exploring - Whether you want to peruse the galleries in the Art District or get out for hikes in the canyons, there's plenty to do hereRomantic Break - The modern suites with private terraces, large jetted tubs, and fireplaces are an ideal setting for romanceSights nearby - Visit the UNESCO World Heritage Site of Palatki — an area once inhabited by the Sinagua peopleGreat walks - There are endless options for hiking in the striking countryside
A luxury all-suite B&B located in the heart of Sedona near the Art District. Modern suites are light and airy. Each is individually styled, however, all feature decks or patios and jetted tubs. Breakfasts are an indulgent affair and massages can be arranged. A tranquil base for couples. See More
El Portal Sedona (Arizona) 12 rooms from £233Active Holiday - Within easy walking distance of Sedona's most famous hiking trail, this hotel is a great base for an active holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy nooks and crannies at this Arts and Crafts hotel; book a luxury suite for Grand Canyon viewsLocal exploring - Located a stone's throw from Sedona's art district, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringGreat walks - Discover the cultural landscape of Sedona on a galleries walk; ask at the hotel for route details
This luxury inn is located in Sedona, Arizona. The individually designed suites have hand-plastered walls, period features and artisan tilework; book a luxury suite for views of the Grand Canyon and a river-rock fireplace. Relax by the open hearth in the sitting room; a luxury Arts and Crafts hotel. See More
Canyon Villa B&B Inn Sedona 11 rooms from £288Active Holiday - With riding, hiking and the numerous state parks surrounding Sedona there is something for all adventure seekersLocal exploring - The B&B is the perfect base for discovering Sedona and the surrounding areaGreat walks - Enjoy 100 miles of beautiful trails from the B&B and throughout the entire Sedona Red Rock areaViews - Enjoy the magnificent views of Sedona’s most popular Red Rocks
An elegant B&B in Sedona with the most magnificent views of the famous Bell Rock and Courthouse Butte Red Rocks. Rooms are spacious and stylish with private patios/balconies and huge bathrooms with whirlpool tubs. In the morning enjoy a three-course gourmet breakfast before relaxing by the pool. See More
L'Auberge de Sedona Sedona (Arizona) 88 rooms from £316Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Do not miss the Grand Canyon - whether by jeep or train.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Resting within Oak Creek in Red Rock Country lies this prime located hotel with pool and spa. Large, modern rooms with fireplaces, designer bathrooms and all the mod-cons. L’Auberge Restaurant has a bountiful cellar to accompany the award winning French cuisine. Romantic break or family adventures. See More
Adobe Grand Villas Sedona 30 rooms from £387Romantic Break - Spacious yet cosy rooms complete with 2 fireplaces (one by the bath) and 2-person jetted tubs are ideal for a couples escapeSights nearby - An hour from Sedona, the Montezuma Castle National Monument which dates back to the 12th century is worth a visitSpa - A good range of massages, aromatherapy, crystal healing, and reiki treatments in the on-site spaGreat walks - There are endless options from short ambles to all-day hikes; all with epic scenery
A collection of spacious villas offering a secluded and romantic base in the heart of Sedona. Villas differ in design but all have a homely traditional feel, two fireplaces, private patios, and two-person jetted tubs. Gourmet breakfasts are served and there is a full-service spa. An indulgent stay. See More