Search the best hotels in Arizona
Your childhood mental images of the USA probably featured Arizona’s haunting landscapes: vast deserts, monumental rock formations, strange giant cacti and the spectacular Grand Canyon. This vast but sparsely inhabited state is etched on the world’s imagination as everyone’s idea of “The West”, and it attracts millions of visitors a year as a result. Lesser known is Arizona’s rich selection of great upmarket hotels, spas and resorts, and many of the best places to stay in Arizona have dug deep into the Native American tradition, uniquely strong in this state, of oneness with the surrounding landscape.
Many have come to see the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, the Hoover Dam, the Four Corners (the unique point where Arizona, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico meet), and glorious natural wonders like the Petrified Forest, the Painted Desert, and Lake Powell.
Where to Stay
- Phoenix, the state capital, claims to be one of the US's most fashionable and fastest growing cities.
- Close by Scottsdale is known for its buzzing nightlife and trendy scene.
- About 100 miles north of Phoenix is Prescott, an easy-going, laid back town surrounded by forests, lakes, mountains and rivers all crying out to be explored.
- In the south of Arizona, ringed by the Catalina Mountains is desert-bound Tucson. It's a haven for outdoors types looking for adventure either in the mountains or Saguaro National Park.
- In the north, Sedona, nestling amid stunning red rock formations at the end of Oak Creek Canyon, is another destination for active folk and has a hippy-ish vibe.
Our selection of the best places to stay in Arizona span the breadth of this dynamic Western state, which offers more variety and a richer culture than those mental images might suggest!
The Best Places to Stay in Arizona
For Wild West lovers
- Head for Tanque Verde Ranch, Tuscon, named the “Best Dude Ranch in Arizona” by a local paper recently and past winner of prizes as a family destination. This old time cattle and guest ranch is surrounded by 60,000 acres of breathtaking desert landscape, amongst the Rincon Mountains and next to Saguaro National Park and Coronado National Forest. Lots for the kids to do.
For the great outdoors
- L’Auberge de Sedona is one of the Grand Canyon State’s most celebrated watering holes, with a famous restaurant and spa, all with stunning views of the Sedona landscape. Located next to the picturesque Oak Creek, it's perfect for romance, or for outdoors-oriented family time.
- Alternative, try out the Enchantment Resort and Spa, set against the vibrant rose hues of Boynton Canyon. In a setting of astonishing rugged beauty, this is the ideal spot for a sports-filled family vacation, a business meeting, a golf trip with friends, or a spa break. Great rooms and highly-praised cuisine.
- El Portal is a luxury inn is located in Sedona. The individually designed suites have hand-plastered walls, period features and artisan tilework. Located within easy walking distance of Sedona's most famous hiking trail, this hotel is a great base for an active holiday.
For great value
- If you're looking for an option that offers fantastic facilities, but won't break the bank, Royal Palms Resort and Spa will tick all the right boxes. And it's ideally located for exploring both Phoenix and Scottsdale
- The Four Seasons Scottsdale will satisfy even the pickiest of luxury lovers, with beautiful accommodation in traditionally styled casitas, plus a variety of dining options and two golf courses on the doorstep.
- Santuary Resort at Camelback is the ultimate luxury resort, overlooking the spectacular Paradise Valley and Camelback Mountain. The elegant and opulent rooms range from suites, to casitas, to private villas. Elements restaurant is truly an unbeatable experience. Chic, sophisticated and unique.
For the spa
- Castle Hot Springs is a luxury hotel and spa set in a spectacular location surrounded by the Bradshaw mountains. Designed as a place to relax; spend days soaking in the thermal springs and indulging in the exemplary spa.
- Amara Resort & Spa is a secluded and peaceful resort, just two blocks from uptown Sedona. With a wonderfully reviving spa and plush rooms and views over the famed red rocks which are said to emanate rejuvenating energy, this is a relaxing choice.
For a traditional stay
- Arizona Inn pffers verdant lawns, flowers and fountains surround this luxury historic resort. Charm, comfort and a home from home vibe is great to find in the heart of this desert city.
- Casa Sedona is a romantic inn nestled on an acre of Junipine forest in Sedona. The elegant guestrooms feature a cosy, private fireplace, balcony and luxury linens. A quiet rural stay.
- Hacienda del Sol Guest Ranch is a luxurious and historic resort nestled in 39 acres of the breathtaking Catalina foothills. Rooms are chic & rustic with exposed beams, wooden floors, oriental rugs and handcrafted furniture. The restaurants, supplied by the organic vegetable garden, command spectacular views of the desert.
For contemporary chic
- The Saguaro is a modern hotel offering chic accommodation in the heart of old town Scottsdale. Poolside DJ sets and live music ensure it's a buzzing place. Plus there's a spa for the morning after, and the Mexican food is award winning.
- Mountain Shadows Resort is a fabulous reinvention of a 1950's destination for the stars, this modern-luxe resort brings Camelback Mountain to life. Ultra modern rooms offer plush bedding, cocktail carts and floor to ceiling windows with spectacular views.
- Found:Re Pheonix is a cool contemporary hotel signalling the success of newly revived downtown Phoenix. The loft style rooms feature wrought iron beams, reclaimed wood and funky light fixtures. A lively bar and restaurant serve creative cuisine with an emphasis on local produce. Very chic.
- The Saguaro is a modern hotel in Scottsdale boasting two picturesque outdoor swimming pools, a spa offering desert-inspired treatments, and a delicious Mexican restaurant. The rooms are bright and colourful, and feature a balcony with pool or city views.
- Hermosa Inn is a former artist residence turned boutique hotel nestled in the foothills of Camelback Mountain. The hacienda-style accommodation has a warm, Southwestern style, featuring wood and leather accents plus vaulted ceilings. With a chic restaurant, this hotel is perfect for foodie couples.
- The lively Hotel Valley Ho is located just five minutes from Old Town Scottsdale. The quirky and colourful contemporary accommodation comes complete with king-sized beds. With suites available, this is a great fun family spot.
- Experience one of the 7 wonders of the world at this chic glamping resort, Under Canvas Grand Canyon, located just 25 minutes from the Grand Canyon National Park. Choose from luxury camping options with private ensuite bathrooms and a wood stove.
For an active stay
- El Tovar Hotel is a historic national landmark hotel, perched on the edge of the Grand Canyon Rim. With fishing, trekking, and mountain biking activities on the doorstep, this is perfect for adventure enthusiasts.
- For self-catering options we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com, where you'll find a wide range of options.
- The state is well connected with major airports in Bullhead City, Yuma, Flagstaff, Tucson, Tusayan, Phoenix, Mesa, Page and Peach Springs.
- Arizona has extreme weather with hot summers and cold winters. Therefore, it is best to plan your trip during the shoulder months.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Arizona
Phantom Ranch Arizona from £39Birdwatching - There a plenty of birds to be seen both on the hike down and while staying at the lodge.Great walks - Only accessible by hiking along the Bright angel and Kaibab trails.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Full of character
Phantom Ranch is the only lodging available in the Grand Canyon, accessible by hiking, mule or rafting. The rustic cabins are built of native stone and wood, blending perfectly with the surroundings. Meals consist of hearty stews or steak, ideal after a days exertions. A once in a lifetime place! See More
Hassayampa Inn Prescott 67 rooms from £67Fishing - Fishing and boating are popular at Watson and Willow lakes close to downtown, and at Goldwater Lake, also within city limits.Full of characterDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Views - Great views from hotel
Bright Angel Lodge and Cabins Grand Canyon Village, Arizona 50 rooms from £86Great walks - Trail of Time is a walking timeline through the history of the area.Sights nearby - Explore South Rim historical village.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Resting on canyon rim, these rustic cabins showcase nature at its finest with activities for all the family and a hideaway from city life. Cozy cabins with breathtaking views and private sitting rooms. Family-style dining with an all-American menu. Relax with a drink as the sunsets. See More
Hotel Palomar, Phoenix Phoenix 270 rooms from £94Sights nearby - Just minutes awawy is Talking Stick Resort Arena a state-of-the-art complex, home to some of the top US sports teams.Swimming Pool - Outdoor/Indoor year round pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Opulent
An upscale city-chic hotel right in the action of Cityscape downtown Phoenix. The plush rooms are elegantly decorated. Kick back with a cocktail on the rooftop poolside bar or indulge on the organic, locally sourced gourmet creations from Blue Hound Kitchen. Sophisticated and grown up. See More
Royal Palms Resort & Spa Phoenix (Arizona) 66 rooms from £101Sights nearby - Grand Canyon.Romantic - Good for couples.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
1929 Spanish mansion nestled in the Camelback Mountain foothills. Spa treatments, pool, fitness and business facilities are all available. The rooms are traditional and luxurious with four-poster beds, fireplaces and modern bathrooms. T. Cooks Restaurant is a must for seasonal and local dishes. See More
Firesky Resort & Spa Scottsdale 204 rooms from £141Swimming Pool - Outdoor year round pool.Lively - Hip and happening.OpulentBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
Sedona Rouge Hotel & Spa Sedona (Arizona) 104 rooms from £141Spa breaks - With an extensive spa onsite boasting first-class facilities, book this hotel for a unique red rock spa breakRomantic Break - Couples love the relaxed atmosphere at this stylish spa; book a couples' treatment for a romantic night inLocal exploring - Located in the centre of Sedona, this hotel offers easy access to the town's main attractionsSights nearby - Visit the Montezuma Castle National Monument, a set of preserved dwellings which were built and used by the Sinagua peopleRecommended by - Tablet
This luxury hotel and spa is located in Sedona, Arizona. Guestrooms are cosy and inviting, with carpeted floors, a fireplace and private patio; book a luxury suite in the spa for a sunken bathtub and rejuvenating toiletries. Book a couples' massage for a romantic evening in; a stylish spa getaway. See More
A Sunset Chateau Sedona 25 rooms from £141Romantic Break - Couples love the stylish interiors at this hotel; book the luxury hacienda suite for Red Rock views from a private balconyActive Holiday - This hotel is close to lots of hiking trails, making it a great choice for active holidaymakersBack to Nature - Set on a hillside in Sedona, this hotel overlooks the best of the region's natural beautyGreat walks - Take the Airport Mesa trail and loop around Table Top Mountain through basalt boulders and red rocks to panoramic views
This charming hotel is nestled on a hillside with views over Sedona's famous red rocks. The stylish suites are individually dressed and feature a fireplace, plush rugs and boutique furniture; book the Royal Hacienda Suite for a private balcony with mountain views. Unwind in the jacuzzi; a chic stay. See More
The Saguaro Scottsdale 194 rooms from £144Total relaxation - The hotel has two palm-fringed pools surrounded by cabanas, and a Nueva Latin spa with special desert treatmentsSpa breaksSwimming Pool - The hotel has two heated outdoor pools, one with DJs and weekend entertainment, one with a more sedate atmosphereSpa - The spa has three treatment rooms, offering an array of treatments such as facials and rejuvenating massagesRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Modern hotel in Scottsdale boasting two picturesque outdoor swimming pools, a spa offering desert-inspired treatments, and a delicious Mexican restaurant. The rooms are bright and colourful, and feature a balcony with pool or city views. The bar serves over 100 whiskeys and there are poolside DJs. See More
Hacienda Del Sol Guest Ranch Tucson 59 rooms from £148Swimming Pool - Year round outdoor pool.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterBarefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.
A luxurious and historic resort nestled in 39 acres of the breathtaking Catalina foothills. Rooms are chic & rustic with exposed beams, wooden floors, oriental rugs and handcrafted furniture. The restaurants, supplied by the organic vegetable garden, command spectacular views of the desert. See More
Casa Sedona Sedona (Arizona) 16 rooms from £158Local exploring - Located 15 minutes' from the Red Rock State Park, there is plenty to explore local to this hotelRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy rooms at this hotel; book a luxury suite for self-catering facilitiesBack to Nature - Set on an acre of native forest, this hotel makes a unique retreat to natureGreat walks - Discover the cultural landscape of Sedona on a galleries walk; enquire at the hotel for the best route
This romantic inn is nestled on an acre of Junipine forest in Sedona, Arizona. The elegant guestrooms feature a cosy, private fireplace, balcony and luxury linens; book the Sol Vista Suite for a furnished patio and self-catering facilities. Dine at the intimate hotel restaurant; a quiet rural stay. See More
El Tovar Hotel Arizona 78 rooms from £162Fishing - Arizona state fishing licenses are required for any fishing in the park, pick these up at General Store in Market Plaza.Lively - Hip and happening.Full of characterQuirky - An experience!
Amara Resort & Spa Sedona 100 rooms from £172Total relaxation - A wonderfully reviving spa, plush rooms and views over the famed red rocks which are said to emanate rejuvenating energyViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Recommended by - Tablet
A secluded and peaceful resort, just two blocks from uptown Sedona. The colour schemes and decor pay hommage to the local landscape- native weaves and baskets hang on the walls and the headboards are carved from fallen trees. Feast on South West favourites with a twist and killer cocktails. See More
Under Canvas Grand Canyon AZ, Arizona 90 rooms from £182Local exploring - Situated less than 30 minutes from an entrance of the Grand Canyon, book this hotel as a base for exploring this natural wonderFamilies - There are great glamping options available for families; parents can book a cabin-style tent with an annex 'hive' for the kidsBack to Nature - Set within 160-acres of secluded piñon and juniper forest, book this hotel for an authentic back-to-nature retreatOutstanding location
Experience one of the 7 wonders of the world at this chic glamping resort, located just 25 minutes from the Grand Canyon National Park. Choose from luxury camping options with private ensuite bathrooms and a wood stove where you can warm up after a hotel bike ride through the canyon. See More
Found:Re Phoenix Phoenix 105 rooms from £207City Style - A vibrant post-industrial style hotel in downtown Phoenix, packed with carefully curated contemporary art and reclaimed woodLively - Hip and happening.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet
A cool contemporary hotel signalling the success of newly revived downtown Phoenix. The loft style rooms feature wrought iron beams, reclaimed wood and funky light fixtures. A lively bar and restaurant serving creative cuisine with an emphasis on local produce from the veg to the wines and beers. See More
Enchantment Resort and Spa Sedona (Arizona) from £284Sights nearby - In the area you MUST see the Grand Canyon and there are some fantastic tours to get on.Cooking classes - Cooking classes and demos are avaliable for all levels of cooks.Secluded setting - For escaping.OpulentRecommended by - Fodors
A luxurious resort secluded in 70 acres. Large contemporary rooms and suites have private decks and fireplaces with unbelievable views of the gateway to Boynton Canyon. Imaginative menus and an extensive wine list welcome you at all four of the restaurants. Activity and spa paradise. See More
Arizona Inn Tucson (Arizona) 95 rooms from £233DowntownBirdwatching - 250 species of birds to spot.Sights nearby - Tucson Botanical Gardens.Full of character
Verdant lawns, flowers and fountains surround this luxury historic resort. Charm, comfort and a home from home vibe is great to find in the heart of this desert city. You have a choice of a private house with pool or a cozy room. Inviting dining options, inside or al fresco will suite your mood! See More
El Portal Sedona (Arizona) 12 rooms from £233Active Holiday - Within easy walking distance of Sedona's most famous hiking trail, this hotel is a great base for an active holidayRomantic Break - Couples love the cosy nooks and crannies at this Arts and Crafts hotel; book a luxury suite for Grand Canyon viewsLocal exploring - Located a stone's throw from Sedona's art district, this hotel is perfectly placed for local exploringGreat walks - Discover the cultural landscape of Sedona on a galleries walk; ask at the hotel for route details
This luxury inn is located in Sedona, Arizona. The individually designed suites have hand-plastered walls, period features and artisan tilework; book a luxury suite for views of the Grand Canyon and a river-rock fireplace. Relax by the open hearth in the sitting room; a luxury Arts and Crafts hotel. See More
Sanctuary Resort at Camelback Scottsdale 105 rooms from £275Sights nearby - Canyon Lake, Grand Canyon and Sedona and Oak Creek Canyon are all within reach.Great walks - The Apache Trail travels past the majestic Superstition Mountains.Views - Great views from hotelSecluded setting - For escaping.
Hotel Valley Ho Scottsdale 241 rooms from £278Total relaxation - Feel a million miles away from all your worries as you unwind by the pool or indulge yourself in the spaCity Style - With its 60 plus years as a weekend retreat for the Hollywood jet set, this hotel oozes Fifties glamour!Great walks - Stroll through Scottsdale or head to the Tonto National ForestSights nearby - Be sure to check out Phoenix Zoo and Wrigley MansionRecommended by - Tablet
The lively Hotel Valley Ho is located just five minutes from Old Town Scottsdale. The quirky and colourful contemporary accommodation comes complete with king-sized beds. Head to the ZuZu Lounge and indulge in traditional American cuisine! With suites available, it's a great fun family spot. See More
Hermosa Inn Scottsdale (Phoenix) 43 rooms from £288Hideaway - Set on a quiet street, and with a pool and restaurant onsite, this hotel makes a great hideaway holiday destinationRomantic Break - With beautifully appointed suites and an acclaimed restaurant, book this hotel for your next romantic getawayLocal exploring - The hotel's location provides easy access to the city's main attractions, perfect for local exploringSights nearby - Take a tour of Taliesin West, architect Frank Lloyd Wright's winter home and now the campus for The School of Architecture
This former artist residence turned boutique hotel is nestled in the foothills of Camelback Mountain, Arizona. The hacienda-style accommodation has a warm, Southwestern style, featuring wood and leather accents plus vaulted ceilings. With a chic restaurant, this hotel is perfect for foodie couples. See More
L'Auberge de Sedona Sedona (Arizona) 88 rooms from £316Views - Great views from hotelSights nearby - Do not miss the Grand Canyon - whether by jeep or train.Remote - Off the beaten track.Secluded setting - For escaping.
Resting within Oak Creek in Red Rock Country lies this prime located hotel with pool and spa. Large, modern rooms with fireplaces, designer bathrooms and all the mod-cons. L’Auberge Restaurant has a bountiful cellar to accompany the award winning French cuisine. Romantic break or family adventures. See More
Four Seasons Scottsdale Scottsdale (Arizona) 210 rooms from £335Hideaway - Perfect hideaway location for couples and families that want a week to remember.Local markets - McCormick-Stillman Railroad Park is great for all the family.Back to Nature - Surrounded by natureRemote - Off the beaten track.
This Arizona desert setting features two pools, spa, fitness and business facilities. Cream linens, wood furnishings and private balconies in each room as well as all the mod-cons. Saguaro Blossom is poolside and Talavera is steakhouse inspired. Head to Onxy Bar and Lounge for cocktails. See More
Tanque Verde Ranch Tucson (Arizona) 69 rooms from £351Fishing - For all the family - get a packed lunch for on the go.Remote - Off the beaten track.Full of characterOutstanding location
Working ranch offers a Western experience in Saguaro National Park with pool, spa and tennis courts. Large classic rooms have red rock views, mod-cons and bathrooms. Southwest, BBQ and Mexican cuisine is served by the pool or at the restaurant overlooking the great outdoors. Activity central! See More
Mountain Shadows Resort Scottsdale 183 rooms from £361Total relaxation - Whether it's golfing, swimming, sipping on cocktails or being pampered and poked in the spa- relaxtion is on the cardsGolf - The hotel itself boasts a quick par-3 course and there are several longer courses in the areaGreat walks - Hitch a lift with the resorts Tesla to Echo Canyon trailhead at Camelback MountainLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
A fabulous reinvention of a 1950's destination for the stars, this modern-luxe resort brings Camelback Mountain to life. Ultra modern rooms offer plush bedding, cocktail carts and floor to ceiling windows with spectacular views. The open-air bar and restaurant comes complete with two pools. See More
Castle Hot Springs Arizona 32 rooms from £1093Total relaxation - Get back to nature and unwind in the tranquil setting and the natural thermal springsGreat walks - Embark on a guided hike through the Bradshaw MountainsFull board - The price quoted includes all meals and activitiesSwimming Pool - Large outdoor pool and three hot springs poolsRecommended by - Small Luxury Hotels
A luxury hotel and spa set in a spectacular location surrounded by the Bradshaw mountains. Spacious well-appointed rooms feature working fireplaces, deep bathtubs and high thread-count sheets. Designed as a place to relax; spend days soaking in the thermal springs and indulging in the exemplary spa. See More