Woodstock, New York State
Search the best hotels in Woodstock, New York State
About Woodstock, New York State
Synonymous with the iconic 1969 festival -- which was in fact held an hour away -- Woodstock has long been a popular destination for music lovers, artists and free-spirited travellers. Surrounded by mountains and forests, it makes for a wonderful base for adventurous visitors keen to experience the best of the great outdoors. There is a wide range of accommodation on offer, largely in the form of hip small hotels or laid-back inns. The best places to stay in Woodstock are quirky and characterful, with large rooms, cottages or cabins -- well-suited to families, groups and couples.
The Hudson Valley is known for its natural beauty, and the area around Woodstock is no exception. Come for hiking, mountain biking, kayaking and canoeing during the summers, through Overlook Mountain Wild Forest and into the Catskills, or time your trip for the winter months, when there's fantastic skiing up in the mountains. There are stacks of activites for outdoorsy visitors of all ages to enjoy!
If it's culture that you're after, Woodstock brims with art galleries, live music events and festivals -- including the annual indie Woodstock Film Festival. There are top-notch farmers' markets, too, and great restaurants, wineries and distilleries in the area, perfect for foodies. Speak to your hotel about the local brewery and wine trails, as well as the latest grassroots music and art initiatives. The Woodstock Artists Association & Museum is brilliant, as are the Centre for Photography and the Opus 40 Sculpture Park & Museum. There are spiritual centres, too, including Karma Triyana Dharmachakra, yoga classes and superb spas for healing, rejuvenation and connection.
Whilst some of the best places to stay in Woodstock are set within the town itself, one of our favourites is an eclectic music-focused hideaway just a few miles south. Whether you're an active family, a lifelong music lover or a seeker of spiritual guidance, Woodstock will prove an enthralling destination.
The Best Places to Stay in Woodstock
For music lovers
- Hotel Dylan is a funky boutique spot with 22 quirky rooms, each named for one of the rock'n'roll greats associated with the famed festival. Expect characterful rooms full of thoughtful extras, including record players. Family rooms offer lots of space for little ones, there are board games aplenty, and the vibe is friendly and relaxed. The attractions of Woodstock town (3 miles away) and the nearby Catskills are easily accessible. An eclectic choice for music lovers, families or families of music lovers!
For an eco escape
- Woodstock Way Hotel is a seriously cool eco-conscious base, with just 12 rooms and cabins set within forested surroundings, close to the centre of Woodstock. Swish, sustainable design makes use of natural materials, offering bright spaces decorated with impressive artwork. Hide away in romantic bliss or book a larger cabin if travelling as a family or group. Think big kitchens, free-standing tubs and striking forest or mountain views. Pick this place for a design-minded eco escape.
For classic B&B charm
- The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream is a classic inn, with comfortable rooms and cottages boasting carefully-selected antiques, pretty patterns and luxurious touches. The self-catering cottages are ideal for families or groups of friends. Well-placed for exploring Woodstock town, the hotel is also nestled alongside a picturesque stream, and there are hammocks for unwinding in the garden. Stay here for old-fashioned charm and lots of scope for adventure.
FOR AN APARTMENT OR HOLIDAY COTTAGE
- If you'd prefer a self-catering option, we suggest that you visit our online partner Booking.com.
- Fly to New York's JFK or Newark Airports, and continue your journey to Woodstock by taxi or bus via nearby Kingston.
- Contact our online partner Rentalcars if you would like to hire a car.
- Travel between June and September for the warmest weather, although this is the town's busiest time. The winters are freezing but very cosy and great for skiing. Spring and autumn are beautiful and much quieter -- time your trip for these months to avoid the crowds!
STILL NOT SURE?
- Explore our list of all the best places to stay in the Hudson Valley
- Alternatively, expand your search to see our pick of the best places to stay in New York State.
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Woodstock, New York State
Best Hotels in Woodstock, New York State
Hotel Dylan Woodstock, New York State 22 rooms from £113Sights nearby - Make the pilgrimage to the site of the most iconic music festival in the world.Views - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRestaurant - Recommended.
Standing as a homage to the iconic music festival, Hotel Dylan is one for the music lovers. The charming rooms are packed full of Woodstock inspired interiors and take their names from the festival's famous figures. Whether you are on the nature trail or the music trail, it's a great place to stay. See More
The Woodstock Inn on the Millstream Woodstock, New York State 18 rooms from £119Great walks - Enjoy the tranquil surroundings in any season with an invigorating hike.Birdwatching - The Hudson Valley has a plethora of birdlife.Sights nearby - Get lost in the labyrinthine Opus 40.Romantic - Good for couples.
Relaxing country sanctuary serving delicious continental breakfast and providing bright, tidy rooms which are lovingly furnished with antiques and superior linens. In the more deluxe rooms and cottages, there are hot tubs, private balconies and fireplaces. All rooms are welcoming and well-kept. See More
Twin Gables of Woodstock Woodstock, New York State 10 rooms from £140Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Woodstock, perfect for discovering the eclectic mix of bars, museums, art galleries and moreGreat walks - Wonder the Ashokan Rail Trail or traverse up Overlook Mountain, Wittenberg Mountain and Slide MountainSights nearby - Hike up to the Tibetan Monastery for a tour or meditation and visit the Woodstock Byrdcliffe GuildMinimum Stay - 3-night minimum stay
A historic boutique hotel set in the heart of Woodstock. Eclectic and cosy rooms feature stunning antique furnishings, local artworks and wonderful views of Tinker Street. Enjoy a homemade breakfast in the historic & funky kitchen. A true homage to the free-spirited and bohemian nature of Woodstock. See More
Woodstock Way Hotel Woodstock, New York State 12 rooms from £152Groups - With spacious cabins and the stunning location, the hotel can cater to private gatherings for families, friends and colleaugesBack to Nature - The hotel is the perfect base for exploring the beauty of Catskills mountains, with hiking trails and swimming holesOutstanding location - In the centre of Woodstock town but situated on two-and-a-half acres beside a brook and a waterfallDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A contemporary and sustainable hotel set on two and a half acres, complete with a brook and waterfall, in the heart of Woodstock. Guests can choose between traditional cabins or trendy studios. Both are stylish and comfortable with private decks, stunning mountain/forest views and stand-alone tubs. See More
The Herwood Inn Woodstock, New York State 4 rooms from £233Local exploring - Bohemian Woodstock is famous the world over for its film and music festivals, as well as vibrant arts communityActive Holiday - Surrounding Catskill Mountains are ideal for hiking, mountain biking, ziplining, climbing and wild swimmingGroups - Franklin Flat is a great option for friends travelling together with two sleeping areasGreat walks - Overlook Mountain, Indian Head Mountain and Ashokan Reservoir offer hikes with stunning views
Collection of trendy barn-style apartments, with shared hot tub, walking distance from downtown Woodstock. Each spacious homely unit comes with a kitchenette, living area, outdoor space and laid-back contemporary decor. Unique in-room amenities include vinyl players and crystal collections. See More