The 7 best hotels in Vesterbro
Vesterbro is the place for the Copenhagen hip to hang out. At once a little grungy yet undeniably cool, expect to find street art, happening cocktails bars, innovative restaurants, trendy cafes, art galleries and boutique stores mostly set in converted warehouse spaces once home to the old 'meatpacking' industry. With its buzzy streets and central location, this is a great Copenhagen location if you want to be right in the thick of it all. The best hotels in Vesterbro are equally on-trend with exciting modern design and many have noteworthy bars and restaurants. Our hotel experts have scoured the area to bring you a collection of their top picks with options to suit most tastes and budgets. So, why not browse through our list to start planning your next city break?
For city style
- Absalon Hotel is a stylish hotel with chic colourful and contemporary rooms featuring Designers Guild Design. A trendy bar is the ideal place to wind up for an evening cocktail. A hip city base.
- Andersen Hotel is a crisp modern hotel. Rooms and suites have light wooden floors, splashes of pink, and contemporary furnishings. With spa treatments and funky designer spaces, this is a hip spot for trendy travellers.
- Copenhagen Island Hotel is a huge waterfront hotel offering slick service and contemporary style. Rooms are uniformly designed with floor to ceiling windows, modern art and whitewashed walls. There's a small sauna and gym, plus bikes to rent. Pick this property for a convenient yet stylish base.
For great value
- Urban House is a lively hostel with a sociable bar, cool workspace and even a tattoo parlour! Rooms vary from "shoebox" for singles to dorms. All are simple in style with minimal furnishings and stripped wooden floors. Ideal for groups or those on a budget.
- Wakeup offers slick contemporary accommodation at very appealing rates. Rooms vary in size and sleeping arrangement but the simple design with whitewashed walls, dark floors, and lots of natural light is uniform throughout. A perfect choice for those who want a central city crashpad and not much more.
For the spa
- Guldsmeden Axel is a fabulously stylish spot with a Balinese theme. Beautiful white rooms and suites feature pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and the best have private balconies. However, the luxurious rooftop spa which uses organic products is the real lure.
For an eco-hotel
- 66 Guldsmeden is another boutique eco option. Here, luxurious rooms feature four-poster beds, cosy feather duvets and ornate Persian carpets. Indulgent breakfasts are an entirely organic affair. A guilt-free stay in the city's coolest neighbourhood.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Copenhagen.
- Or consult our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the Best budget hotels in Copenhagen.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Absalon Hotel Copenhagen 161 rooms from £192Designer Shopping - Just a ten minute walk to Strøget, the city's famous pedestrianised shopping street where you can find all the top designers.City Style - A hip hotel with a vibrant colour scheme and a stylish bar, right on the edge of the city’s famed Meatpacking District.Close to nightlife - Grab a cocktail at the in house bar before heading out to explore the old taverns and trendy joints of nearby Istedgade.Local exploring - Right by the central train station, and within five minutes walk of Vesterbro, the Meatpacking District and Tivoli.Recommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel on the edge of the trendy meat-packing district. Individually styled rooms feature warm hues, sash windows and contemporary bathrooms. A trendy bar is the ideal place for an evening cocktail. A Scandinavian styled breakfast fills you up for city exploration - right on your doorstep. See More
Urban House Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 217 rooms from £16Value chic - If you go for a single bed in the dorms you will be getting serious bang for your buck, and private rooms are not bad either.Close to nightlife - Set in the trendy and central Vesterbro area, it is a great spot for exploring the varied nightlife Copenhagen has to offer.Sights nearby - The Meatpacking District is just down the road and offers some of the city's best restaurants and bars.Cycling - Copenhagen has fantastic cycle lanes throughout the city and is famed as a cyclist's haven.
A lively hostel in the trendy Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. There's a sociable bar, cool work space and even a tattoo parlour. Rooms vary from "shoebox" for singles to dorms. All are simple in style with minimal furnishings and stripped wooden floors. Ideal for groups or those on a budget. See More
Andersen Hotel Copenhagen 73 rooms from £167Other Activities - The hotel offers a communal knit basket where you can add a few rows to the scarves they donate to local homeless charities.City Style - A vibrant and quirky hotel dotted with design features in Vesterbro, Copenhagen’s glamourous meatpacking district.Designer Shopping - Copenhagen’s most hip quarter, Vesterbro is a haven for shopping, restaurants and bars.Sights nearby - Check out the nearby trendy boroughs of Istedgade, Halmtorvet, and Værnedamsvej.Recommended by - Tablet
Axel Guldsmeden Copenhagen 212 rooms from £136City Style - A slick Balineses-style hotel adorned with Persian rugs and Buddha stone statues, in the vibrant Vesterbro district.Spa breaks - Pure indulgence with a Balinese influence, their organic spa products are made in the kitchen every morning.Hotel Entertainment - Take an afternoon off sightseeing and visit the candlelit spa, followed by a coffee in the leafy courtyard.Sights nearby - There is plenty to see, you are near the Little Mermaid statue on the waterfront and opposite the citadel.Recommended by - Frommers
Balinese decoration and an organic restaurant, in the hip Vesterbro district. A fabulously stylish spot for couples and spa breaks. Beautiful white rooms and suites with pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and some with private balconies. Enjoy the luxurious roof top spa. See More
Copenhagen Island Hotel Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 326 rooms from £154City Style - A sleek contemporary hotel designed by Danish architect Kim Utzon, all glass and marble, clean lines and plenty of lightClose to nightlife - Throw on your glad rags and head across the bridge to the Meatpacking district to soak up the lively nightlife on offer.Other Activities - Spend the day swimming in Havnebadet Fisketorvet's collection of outdoor pools.Restaurant - The Harbour restaurant offers a la carte fine dining and fabulous water views
Wakeup Copenhagen 510 rooms from £84Watersports - Make the most of the summer in Copenhagen and head down to harbour baths at Islands Brygge, walking distance from the hotel.Value chic - Cheap rooms in a stylish and well located hotel, right on the waterside with rooms offering all mod-cons and great views.Sights nearby - Check out the third-oldest operating amusement park in the world just down the road — Tivoli GardensArchitectural - A simple minimalist hotel designed by the famous Danish architect Kim Utzon.
An ideally located central spot for the budget traveller. Head to toe contemporary spaces have white washed walls, dark chrome floors, splashes of green, and lots of natural light. The 24 hour lobby bar offers drinks, snacks and sandwiches at all hours, perfect for a late flight or early start. See More
66 Guldsmeden Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 71 rooms from £114Eco break - They pride themselves on an eco friendly reputation here, so green living should be easy — plus the breakfast is 100% organicCity Style - Hip hotel with boho-chic rooms that are more vibrant and eclectic than we are used to in the sea of Nordic minimalism.Local markets - Copenhagen's favourite shopping street, Værnedamsvej, known as 'little Paris' is just around the corner.Sights nearby - Perfectly placed to explore; Tivoli Gardens and Copenhagen Central Station are within a ten minute walk
Balinese inspired vibes, on a buzzing street in Vesterbrogade. Bedrooms are comfortable with a luxury feel- four poster beds, lush feather duvets and ornate Persian carpets. Enjoy an excellent organic breakfast on a lantern-lit balcony, or sip coffee in the leafy Cantina. Trendy and characterful. See More