The 8 best hotels in Vesterbro
Vesterbro is the place for the Copenhagen hip to hang out. At once a little grungy yet undeniably cool, expect to find street art, happening cocktails bars, innovative restaurants, trendy cafes, art galleries and boutique stores mostly set in converted warehouse spaces once home to the old 'meatpacking' industry. With its buzzy streets and central location, this is a great Copenhagen location if you want to be right in the thick of it all. The best hotels in Vesterbro are equally on-trend with exciting modern design and many have noteworthy bars and restaurants. Our hotel experts have scoured the area to bring you a collection of their top picks with options to suit most tastes and budgets. So, why not browse through our list to start planning your next city break?
For city style
- Absalon Hotel is a stylish hotel with chic colourful and contemporary rooms featuring Designers Guild Design. A trendy bar is the ideal place to wind up for an evening cocktail. A hip city base.
- Andersen Hotel is a crisp modern hotel. Rooms and suites have light wooden floors, splashes of pink, and contemporary furnishings. With spa treatments and funky designer spaces, this is a hip spot for trendy travellers.
- Copenhagen Island Hotel is a huge waterfront hotel offering slick service and contemporary style. Rooms are uniformly designed with floor to ceiling windows, modern art and whitewashed walls. There's a small sauna and gym, plus bikes to rent. Pick this property for a convenient yet stylish base.
For great value
- Urban House is a lively hostel with a sociable bar, cool workspace and even a tattoo parlour! Rooms vary from "shoebox" for singles to dorms. All are simple in style with minimal furnishings and stripped wooden floors. Ideal for groups or those on a budget.
- Wakeup offers slick contemporary accommodation at very appealing rates. Rooms vary in size and sleeping arrangement but the simple design with whitewashed walls, dark floors, and lots of natural light is uniform throughout. A perfect choice for those who want a central city crashpad and not much more.
For the spa
- Guldsmeden Axel is a fabulously stylish spot with a Balinese theme. Beautiful white rooms and suites feature pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and the best have private balconies. However, the luxurious rooftop spa which uses organic products is the real lure.
For an eco-hotel
- Guldsmeden Bertrams is a chic eco-hotel with beautiful white on white rooms boasting four-poster beds and some with balconies over-hanging the lovely garden. Teak clad lounge areas and a delightful open plan kitchen-cafe make for welcome spots to relax in. An adult-only boutique option.
- Hotel Carlton Guldsmeden is another boutique eco option. Here, luxurious rooms feature four-poster beds, cosy feather duvets and ornate Persian carpets. Indulgent breakfasts are an entirely organic affair. A guilt-free stay in the city's coolest neighbourhood.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Copenhagen.
- Or consult our Guru's recommendations for 10 of the Best budget hotels in Copenhagen.
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Absalon Hotel Copenhagen 161 rooms from £172City Style - A hip hotel with a stylish bar on the edge of the city’s famed Meatpacking District.Local exploring - Perfectly located for exploring Copenhagen on foot or bikeSights nearby - A short walk from Stroeget and City Hall Square.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
A stylish hotel on the edge of the trendy meat-packing district. Individually styled rooms feature warm hues, sash windows and contemporary bathrooms. A trendy bar is the ideal place for an evening cocktail. A Scandinavian styled breakfast fills you up for city exploration - right on your doorstep. See More
Urban House Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 217 rooms from £25Value chic - Stylish budget accommodation in a great locationSights nearby - Visit the stunning Opera House
A lively hostel in the trendy Vesterbro district of Copenhagen. There's a sociable bar, cool work space and even a tattoo parlour. Rooms vary from "shoebox" for singles to dorms. All are simple in style with minimal furnishings and stripped wooden floors. Ideal for groups or those on a budget. See More
Andersen Hotel Copenhagen 73 rooms from £167City StyleDesigner - All rooms have decor by the Designers Guild companySights nearby - Bang in the centre of townLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Tablet
Guldsmeden Axel Copenhagen 129 rooms from £169City Style - A slick Balineses-style hotel adorned with Persian rugs and Buddha stone statues, in the vibrant Vesterbro district.Spa breaks - Pure indulgence with a Balinese influence, their organic spa products are made in the kitchen every morning.Sights nearby - Near the Little Mermaid statue on the waterfront and opposite the citadel.SpaRecommended by - Frommers
Balinese decoration and an organic restaurant, in the hip Vesterbro district A fabulously stylish spot for couples and spa breaks. Beautiful white rooms and suites with pale woods, Persian rugs, teak four posters, and some with private balconies. Enjoy the luxurious roof top spa. See More
Copenhagen Island Hotel Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 326 rooms from £154City Style - A sleek contemporary hotel just a short walk from the trendy Meatpacking District.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
Wakeup Copenhagen 510 rooms from £70Value chicViews - The rooms on the higher floors have spectacular city viewsSights nearby - Tivoli Gardens, Town Hall Square.Lively - Hip and happening.
Guldsmeden Bertrams Copenhagen 47 rooms from £124Sights nearby - Tivoli Gardens amusement park is a must for all visitors to the city.Restrictions on children - No children allowed.Lively - Hip and happening.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers
Hotel Carlton Guldsmeden Copenhagen (Vesterbro) 71 rooms from £175City Style - Located in the hip Vesterbro area its chic rooms make for a stylish stayEco break - Boutique, eco friendly hotel with an entirely organic breakfast to boot!Local exploring - Walking distance from many of Copenhagen's top sightsSights nearby - Tivoli Gardens and Copenhagen Central Station are within a ten minute walk
Located on a buzzing street in Vesterbrogade, the hotel is located in a trendy district of Copenhagen. Four poster beds, lush feather duvets and ornate Persian carpets - bedrooms are comfortable with a luxury feel. Enjoy a good breakfast in bed before exploring this vibrant city. See More