- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best B&Bs in the Côte d'Or
If you enjoy an exceptional glass of Pinot Noir or Chardonnay, or a good dollop of mustard, then the Côte d'Or has probably long beckoned you with the promise of impeccable food and wine. It also has a rural, countryside beauty to it, littered with pretty towns and ordered rows of vines. This setting is one to luxuriate in, and definitely one to consider using B&B accommodation, even if you wouldn’t normally. There are so many opportunities to eat and drink here that you don’t want to be tied to the recommendations of a hotel restaurant. Let the owners of the best B&Bs in the Côte d'Or guide you towards the very best this region has to offer.
Our Gurus have done a great job seeking out unique properties offering very personalised service and beautiful details, and their list of the best B&Bs in the Côte d'Or is a great place to start planning your visit. They’ve divided the properties by themes rather than by location, such as the most romantic B&Bs in the Côte d'Or or the best B&Bs in the Côte d'Or for foodies. But if you’d rather search by location you can use our Guru’s other Côte d'Or collections:
The Best B&Bs in the Côte d'Or
The Most Romantic B&Bs in the Côte d'Or
- If you're looking for spectacular views, Le Terre d'Or on the hills above Beaune is the property to book. This charming, nine room B&B has views over the vineyards and the town's ramparts. The rooms are split between a large house and a smaller cottage, and all are decorated in pale woods and creams making them feel bright and airy. They do a truffle workshop in season.
- Les Jardin de Lois is a splendid little B&B in the heart of Beaune with just four boutique-style rooms. Expect antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms and garden views. There’s an excellent wine cellar, charming breakfast rooms and a lovely garden filled with magnolias.
- La Cour Berbisey is a very smart townhouse B&B in Dijon. There are just five rooms and suites - and they’re all big - decorated in a sophisticated classical meets contemporary style, and an excellent spa.
The Best B&Bs for Food and Wine in the Côte d'Or
- If you're a fan of white over red, you may also want to consider Les Charmes in Meursault as your Burgundy base. This beautiful 18th Century mansion has charming grounds - more like a small park than a garden - and 13 simple, yet elegant rooms. Calm, with an old fashioned atmosphere.
- La Maison d’Olivier Lefaive is a quaint, 13th century townhouse hotel in amongst the vineyards of Puligny-Montrachet. There are 11 spacious bedrooms and two suites, with private terraces. The hotel is owned by a wine producer, so expect only the best to drink.
The Best Value B&Bs in the Côte d'Or
- L'Ange Souriant is a quaint, four room B&B in Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, one of the most beautiful and historic villages in France - used as a setting for the film ‘Chocolat’. The hosts are charming too, and there are both bedrooms and family suites. Rooms start from around £60 per night.
- For around £70 per night you could say at the Hotel Villa Louise in Aloxe-Corton. It's an attractive, 12 room country house with a cottage feel to it. The rooms and suites are rather charming, with plenty of original features, plus there’s a small spa and an extensive wine cellar.
- The Hotel le Clos is a similarly priced B&B, this time in Montagny-lès-Beaune near Beaune. Converted from a sandstone farmhouse surrounded by vineyards, there are 24 rustic-chic rooms and stunning courtyards and gardens.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best B&B in the Cote D'Or on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Côte d'Or,
- expand your search to include the best hotels in the Côte d'Or,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best B&Bs in the Côte d'Or
La Terre d'Or 9 rooms from $211BEAUNE, Burgundy
A charming B&B and two self-catering cottages in a glorious setting. Views over the vineyards and the ramparts of Beaune. Lovely bright rooms with pale woods and creams. Lots of surrounding activities. Perfect for couples, groups and families.Foodies - This whole area is foodie heaven, add the truffle workshop at La Terre d’Or and the experience is complete.Country Escape - Surrounded by beautiful secluded countryside, not to mention the extensive gardens on the property.Groups - Self catering cottages and 'everything taken care of tours' make this a perfect spot for groups.Cooking classes - Food lovers have many courses to choose from. The inhouse Truffle cooking workshop at La Terre d’Or is recommended.Recommended by - Sawdays
La Cour Berbisey 5 rooms from $182Dijon, Burgundy
Extremely smart townhouse B&B with an excellent spa. Contemporary comfort blended with classical furniture and style for sophisticated effect. The suites are enormous. A hotel for grown ups.City StyleSights nearby - Located in the centre of DijonSwimming Pool - Heated indoor poolSpa
La Maison d'Olivier Leflaive 13 rooms from $141Puligny-Montrachet, Burgundy
Quaint 17th Century townhouse hotel in the heart of Burgundy's best vineyards. Spacious bedrooms are a charming blend of traditional and contemporary and the two suites have a private terrace. Burgundian cuisine is paired with the best wines of the region and from the family winery.Wine tasting - In the Burgundy wine region. The hotel is owned by a wine producerFoodiesLocal markets - Explore local French marketsSights nearby - Just 15 mins from Beaune
Les Charmes 13 rooms from $135Meursault, Burgundy
An 18th century maison bourgeoise, set on wonderful grounds boasting a shady walled garden, ancient trees and a great swimming pool. Simple and elegant rooms, with crisp linens and plenty of natural light. A place of calm and relaxation in an old-fashioned and genuine atmosphere.Country Escape - A peacuful haven, set on beautiful parklands, filled with ancient trees and surrounded by the rolling vineyards.Sights nearby - Historic sights of Beaune, La Rochepot and Puligny Montrachet are all in close proximity.Great walks - Wander through the expansive parklands and into the picturesque vineyards.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Les Jardins de Lois 4 rooms from $177Beaune
A splendid little B&B in Beaune. Boutique rooms modelled on vintage wines feature lilacs and creams, antiques, oriental rugs, large bathrooms, some with garden views. Wine cellar, charming breakfast room and lovely gardens filled with magnolias. A romantic choice for wine lovers.Foodies - Capital of the Burgundy region, with numerous vineyards to visit. Wine expert hotel owners; tours and tasting in the cellars.Cooking classes - Le Charlemagne schoolSights nearby - Hospices de BeauneGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Sawdays
L'Ange Souriant 4 rooms from $81Flavigny-sur-Ozerain, Burgundy
A quaint B&B in on of France's most beautiful and historic villages. Charming hosts and family style meals make this an extra special experience. The comfortable bedrooms and family suites boast personal touches and character. A great choice for exploring this wonderful part of France.Local exploring - Situated in the old part of one of the most beautiful french towns which was also the setting for the film 'Chocolate'Great walks - The hotel can recommend some great routes around this town and through the surrounding countryside.Full of characterHouse party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Hotel le Clos 24 rooms from $103Montagny-lès-Beaune, Burgundy
A beautiful sandstone farmhouse B&B set in vineyards. Lovely rooms are rustic chic with brick walls, antique furniture, and floral fabrics. Stunning gardens and a courtyard to enjoy in the sunshine. Plenty to do in the region. A charming spot with plenty of rural charm.Country Escape - Although located close to the town of Beaune, plenty of open space to enjoy, vineyards, cycling and hikesSights nearby - In Beaune, Hôtel-Dieu showcasing gothic façades and glazed roofsGreat walks - Through the Les Etangs d’Or parkFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.
Hotel Villa Louise 12 rooms from $97Aloxe-Corton, Burgundy
An attractive country house with a cottage feel to it. Charming bedrooms and suites with wooden beamed ceilings and garden views, a small spa, and an extensive wine cellar. A perfect stop off for local exploring.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.