- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Hotels in the Côte d'Or
Translated as Golden Hillside, the Côte d'Or region basically falls into the natural boundaries of the Côte d'Or wine growing region, between Dijon in the north and the unofficial capital, Beaune in the south. The southern stretch if the Côte d'Or is where you’ll see most of the vineyards, to the west is the lush green of the Morvan National Park, and to the northwest there are a number of architectural and historical treasures, including Alésia, where Julius Caesar finally managed to vanquish the Gauls in 52BC. And, as is often the case with wine regions, the food is outstanding. Use our guide to the best hotels in the Cote d'Or and start planning your trip.
So there are a number of reasons you might want to visit the Côte d'Or. Which is why when we asked our Gurus to come up with a list of recommendations for the best hotels in the Côte d'Or, we asked them to recommend them by hotel type. So we have the best hotels in the Côte d'Or for foodies, the best hotels in the Côte d'Or for families, the most romantic hotels in the Côte d'Or and the best value hotels in the Côte d'Or - for example.
If you’d rather search by location, use our Guru’s other Côte d'Or Collections:
- The Best Places to Stay in Dijon
- The Best Places to Stay in Beaune
- The Best Places to Stay in Meursault
Best Hotels in the Côte d'Or
For Food and Wine
- Hostellerie le Cedre is a smart, 40 room hotel in the centre of Beaune, with airy rooms and suites and a charming garden terrace. Of course there’s a good cellar too, and a Michelin-starred restaurant.
- If you're looking for spectacular views, Le Terre d'Or in the hills above Beaune is the property to book. This charming, nine room B&B has views over the vineyards and the town's ramparts. The rooms are split between a large house and a smaller cottage, and all are decorated in pale woods and creams making them feel bright and airy.
- If you're a fan of white over red (we're talking wine here!), you may also want to consider Les Charmes in Meursault as your Burgundy base. This beautiful 18th Century mansion has charming grounds - more like a small park than a garden - and 13 simple, yet elegant rooms. Calm, with an old fashioned atmosphere.
- The Hotel la Cueillette, also in Meursault, is a wonderful 12th century château surrounded by vine rows. There are 19 luxurious rooms, a lovely grape-themed spa, a fine dining restaurant and one of the region’s best wine cellars.
The Best City Break Hotels in the Côte d'Or
- La Cour Berbisey in Dijon is a great choice for a stylish and sophisticated city break. There are only five rooms and four suites, but they're impeccably decorated, with classical furniture and contemporary comfort. An added bonus is the heated indoor pool.
- Le Pre aux Clercs is a charming, reasonably priced hotel in Dijon’s historic centre, right opposite the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, with five spacious and comfortable rooms decorated with a nice combination of antique and contemporary designs.
- Also in the heart of Dijon, the Maison Philippe Le Bon is a 41 room hotel with rooms spread between three mansions around a Gothic courtyard. There’s period furniture but cool art on the walls and some of the rooms have beautiful city views. There’s also a gourmet restaurant with an excellent wine collection. Rooms start from less than £100 per night.
- L'Hotel de Beaune is a delightful, seven room hotel in a traditional, 19th century house. The rooms are large and surprisingly contemporary, and there’s a sunny courtyard, a great classically French restaurant and a cafe bistro.
- Also in Beaune, Chez les Fatien is an intimate, four room boutique hotel decorated with minimalist luxury. There’s a charming breakfast courtyard, a fantastically stocked wine cellar and an air of sophistication.
For a Rural Escape
- Hostellerie de la Tour d’Auxois is in Saulieu, within the boundaries of the Morvan National Park, so beyond its beautiful grounds are ore beautiful green views. There are 29 rooms and an elegant restaurant serving regional cuisine.
- The Château de Courban et Spa in the north of the Côte d'Or is a statuesque property with an excellent spa and a gourmet restaurant. There are 25 richly decorated rooms and suites - some with private terrace overlooking luscious gardens. Great for a relaxing escape.
- The Château de Chailly is an authentic, 16th century château turned 45 room country house hotel. The decor is traditional, and there are two restaurants, plus a pool, spa and golf course.
- Close to Beaune, Le Clos du Colombier is a simple, yet elegant 12 room hotel surrounded by vineyards. There’s a great restaurant, specialising in regional food and wine - and a great kid’s menu, as well as babysitting services and family suites.
- The Castel de tres Girard is a luxurious rural country house surrounded by vineyards. There are just eight elegant, traditional rooms, decorated with florals and antiques, plus a lovely outdoor pool and a great restaurant with excellent regional wines.
- Charm’Attitude, in Meursanges, outside Beaune, is a wonderfully modern five bedroom property converted from an 19th century building. Two hectares of garden surround the property and there’s a beautiful outdoor pool.
Best Value Hotels in the Côte d'Or
- Le Hameau de Barboron is a cosy farmhouse conversion just outside Beaune, but surrounded by beautiful, green countryside. There are 14 rustic-chic rooms with exposed beams and nice antiques, plus views of the valley, and an expansive garden with a pond. Rooms start from around £80 per night.
- The Hotel Villa Louise in Aloxe-Corton, is an attractive, 12 room country house with a cottage feel to it. The rooms and suites are rather charming, with plenty of original features, plus there’s a small spa and an extensive wine cellar. Rooms start from around £75 per night.
- For a reasonably priced hotel in Dijon you can’t go past the Hotel Wilson, a 17th century coach house with typically Burgundian architecture and beautiful courtyards and gardens. There are 27 rooms, priced from around £80 per night. There are also great options for families.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels in the Côte d'Or on our Guru’s list you could:
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in the Côte d'Or,
- refine your search to the best places to stay in Dijon,
- or the best places to stay in Beaune,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
The Best Hotels in the Côte d'Or
La Terre d'Or 9 rooms from £162BEAUNE, NOT TO SHOW
A charming B&B and two self-catering cottages in a glorious setting. Views over the vineyards and the ramparts of Beaune. Lovely bright rooms with pale woods and creams. Lots of surrounding activities. Perfect for couples, groups and families.Foodies - This whole area is foodie heaven, add the truffle workshop at La Terre d’Or and the experience is complete.Country Escape - Surrounded by beautiful secluded countryside, not to mention the extensive gardens on the property.Groups - Self catering cottages and 'everything taken care of tours' make this a perfect spot for groups.Cooking classes - Food lovers have many courses to choose from. The inhouse Truffle cooking workshop at La Terre d’Or is recommended.Recommended by - Sawdays
La Cour Berbisey 5 rooms from £139Dijon, Burgundy
Extremely smart townhouse B&B with an excellent spa. Contemporary comfort blended with classical furniture and style for sophisticated effect. The suites are enormous. A hotel for grown ups.City StyleSights nearby - Located in the centre of DijonSwimming Pool - Heated indoor poolSpa
Chateau de Courban et Spa 25 rooms from £87Courban, Burgundy
A statuesque chateau with an excellent spa and gourmet restaurant. Richly decorated bedrooms and suites with private terraces overlooking luscious gardens. Very relaxing, and not too overstated.Foodies - Award-winning chef.Swimming Pool - Outdoor PoolRomantic BreakSpaRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel La Cueillette 19 rooms from £171Meursault (18 Rue de Cîteaux)
Set in a 12th century building amongst the popular vineyards of Meursault, this luxury hotel offers a calming atmosphere to its visitors. A unique spa experience, an all day buffet breakfast, a fine dining restaurant and a wine cellar that houses some of the best age-old wines from the region.Country Escape - Situated in Chateau de Citeaux, this hotel makes a perfect weekend or romantic getaway from the bustling sounds of the city.Spa breaks - The hotel boasts the worlds first ever Fruititherapy Spa with grapes and other red berries.Local markets - The 19th century covered market cannot be missed, head down and pick up the best local produce.Sights nearby - Visit the world renowned 15th century hospital in Beaune.
Hostellerie le Cedre 40 rooms from £167Beaune
Set in a picturesque garden in the centre of Beaune, this smart hotel offers guests large airy rooms and suites and a charming garden terrace. A cellar tasting room full of character is perfect for sampling the local vintages. A luxury base for exploring Burgundy's finest!Wine tasting - Located in the Burgundy region amongst the best vineyards of the regionFoodies - Michelin starred gourmet restaurantSights nearby - Located in the centre of town, just 5 mins from the Hospices de BeauneGreat walks - Enjoy the walking discovery tour “de la Chouette"
Les Charmes 13 rooms from £104Meursault (Burgundy)
An 18th century maison bourgeoise, set on wonderful grounds boasting a shady walled garden, ancient trees and a great swimming pool. Simple and elegant rooms, with crisp linens and plenty of natural light. A place of calm and relaxation in an old-fashioned and genuine atmosphere.Country Escape - A peacuful haven, set on beautiful parklands, filled with ancient trees and surrounded by the rolling vineyards.Sights nearby - Historic sights of Beaune, La Rochepot and Puligny Montrachet are all in close proximity.Great walks - Wander through the expansive parklands and into the picturesque vineyards.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.
Maison Philippe Le Bon 41 rooms from £96Dijon (18 Rue Sainte-Anne)
Boasts three historical mansions and a Gothic courtyard in the historical centre of Dijon. Cool art on the walls, period furniture combined with contemporary finishes, the rooms are chic and offer wonderful views of the city. La Closerie offers gourmet cuisine and an excellent wine collection.Value chic - This hotel is well priced for a historical monument and is in a great location close to all the important sites.Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the city, close by to museums, mansions and relegious buildings.Great walks - Walk through the Colobiere Park, more a leisurely stroll actually!Sights nearby - The Congress Palace is a must visit and hosts several events.
Charm'Attitude 5 rooms from £101Meursanges, Burgundy
A delightful hotel in a 19th century building. Modern rooms are welcoming, with large bathrooms and wooden floors. Two hectares of gardens and a beautiful outdoor pool. Plenty to explore in the Burgundy wine region and lots of options for a family holiday.Families - Beautiful gardens and pool, parks nearby with playgrounds and a zoo, cycling and family suitesSights nearby - 10km from the sights of Beaune, such as Collegiale Notre Dame BasilicaLocal markets - Good for local colour.Great walks - Good for walkers.
L'Hotel de Beaune 7 rooms from £203Beaune, Burgundy
A delightful hotel set in a traditional 19th century house. Large rooms are contemporary with rich details; mahogany furniture, drapes and exposed beams, all with opulent bathrooms. Great classical French cuisine, lighter snacks from the cafe bistro, and a charming courtyard. Very romantic.Romantic Break - Elegant rooms, sunny courtyard, massages available. Wine tasting and markets in the region, walks to enjoy with a picnicLocal markets - Daily markets locally, some food, some handicraftsSights nearby - Collegiate Church of Notre-DameCooking classes - Check for timings.
Castel de tres Girard 8 rooms from £110Chambolle Musigny (Morey-Saint-Denis)
A luxurious rural property in charming Burgundy, surrounded by vineyards. The elegant rooms are traditional in style; think floral motifs, antique furniture and beamed ceilings. Make the most of the gorgeous outdoor pool, excellent regional wines and yummy cuisine. Rural french perfection.Country Escape - A charming traditional country house with a lovely outdoor pool and regional wines to boot. Rural bliss.Great walks - Miles of hiking trails to be explored through the nature reserve of Combe Lavaux- Jean Roland.Sights nearby - Visit the stunning Abbey Citaux and discover the history of the Cistercians.Swimming Pool - Outdoor pool.
Hostellerie de la Tour d'Auxois 29 rooms from £75Saulieu, Burgundy
Great hospitality and a relaxing atmosphere combine to create this Burgundian gem. The charming rooms are simple and elegant and the restaurant serves delicious regional cuisine. The perfect launchpad for exploring the rich culture of Saulieu.Romantic Break - The perfect romantic break in Burgundy, with plush rooms, lovely grounds, excellent wine and yummy regional cuisine.Local exploring - Explore the charming town of Saulieu and the surrounding beauty of the Morvan Regional Natural Park.Great walks - Make the most of the beautiful walking in the surrounding Morvan Regional Natural Park.Local markets - Wake up early and head down to browse the local markets of Saulieu.
Chateau de Chailly 45 rooms from £139Chailly-sur-Armançon, Burgundy
Authentic 16th century chateau turned country hotel with easy access to all of Burgundy's highlights. Forty five traditionally styled rooms and suites, plus two restaurants, pool, spa and golf course. It's a charming spot for active types or is equally a great base for exploring the region.Exclusive offer - Golf & Gourmet Package with dinner in Restaurant L'ArmançonGolf - There is a golf course on siteGreat walks - There are lovely walks right from the door of the chateau from short strolls to longer hikesSights nearby - You are within an hours drive of many of Burgundy's finest chateaux and townsSpa - With hammam and hot tub
Le Clos du Colombier 12 rooms from £123Beaune
Le Clos du Colombier is a stellar hotel set amidst the rolling vineyards of Burgundy. The delightful rooms are designed with simple elegance and attention to detail. Enjoy delicious regional food and local wines on the terrace overlooking the vines. Perfect for a getaway in Burgundy.Families - Family suites as well as kids meals and babysitting services make it a great choice for family holidays.Local exploring - Right in the heart of Burgundy, it's the perfect launchpad for exploring the beautiful wine region.Sights nearby - Take a day trip to the delightful capital of Burgundy, Dijon.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Sawdays
Le Pre aux Clercs 5 rooms from £132Dijon
A charming small hotel in Dijon's historic city centre. Fusing antique and contemporary designs, the rooms are spacious and comfortable. Opposite the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy, it's perfect for exploring the city's rich history. Wine lovers, be sure not to miss out on the Burgundy Wine Route.Local exploring - Perfectly placed to explored Dijon's historic city centre, with views over the historic Place de la Libération.Sights nearby - Directly opposite the Palace of the Dukes of Burgundy.Full of character
Hotel Wilson 27 rooms from £79Dijon (1 Rue de Longvic)
A 17th century coach house with typical Burgandian architecture, in the centre of Dijon. Stone walls, wooden beams, courtyards and gardens, with beautifully renovated rooms offering rustic charm, with modern features. A warm and welcoming spot, with plenty of character.Families - Ideal for families, large triple rooms are provided and most important sights are within walking distance.Sights nearby - Dijon's gothic cathedral and the Notre Dame Church are a must for first time visitors.Great walks - Walks can be organised through vineyards and wine cellars for wine and cheese tasting.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide
Chez les Fatien 4 rooms from £199Beaune, Burgundy
An intimate boutique hotel. Place themed rooms in minimal luxury have stone flag floors, high ceilings, wooden beams, rich muted fabrics, and enormous beds. A charming courtyard area to enjoy breakfast in and a fantastically stocked wine cellar. A sophisticated spot for the luxury traveller.Local exploring - Much to see in the vicinity: museums, collegiate Notre-Dame church, castles, vineyards and woods for long walksSights nearby - Walking distance from Maison Joseph Drouhin, the Hospices de Beaune and Maison Louis JadotFull of characterGreat walks - Good for walkers.
Hotel Villa Louise 12 rooms from £75Aloxe-Corton, Burgundy
An attractive country house with a cottage feel to it. Charming bedrooms and suites with wooden beamed ceilings and garden views, a small spa, and an extensive wine cellar. A perfect stop off for local exploring.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolLocal markets - Good for local colour.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Le Hameau de Barboron 14 rooms from £80Burgundy
A cosy farmhouse just outside Beaune in the countryside. Rustic-chic rooms feature exposed beams, antiques and valley views. Expansive gardens and a pond. Superb traditional cuisine, a shop with regional treats, and massages available. A country escape for wine lovers.Country Escape - Country house just 10km from Beaune, but with a complete sense of quiet. Explore nearby vineyards and relax in cosy spacesSights nearby - The museums of Beaune are 10km awayGreat walks - Good for walkers.Traditional