- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Best beach hotels on Corfu
With beaches on all coasts, safe swimming and guaranteed sunshine (with occasional brief thunderstorms) from spring until late autumn, Corfu is a safe bet for either a fly-and-flop holiday or one pottering around to explore the island’s many different beaches. But, as with all hotels on the island, if you are planning to visit in peak holiday season, it pays to book early to ensure you get the pick of th best beach hotels on Corfu.
While it’s true that the island has embraced the mass-market tourism industry, even the popular beaches to the north of Corfu Town - at Ipsos and Dassia, for example - are generally large enough to cope with the numbers. Further north, around the busy but attractive fishing port of Kassiopi, are numerous bays and beaches to discover. While some are pebbly, the seas are beautifully clear for snorkelling. Here you’ll find Kalamaki beach, a long and wide flat stretch of sand where you can lose the crowds.
The spectacular, horse-shoe-shaped cove of Paleokastritsa, in the north-west, is deservedly popular, and well worth the trip. It’s also a great spot for scuba-diving. But many Corfu aficionados would say the islands finest beaches are on the west and south-west coasts. Indeed, some would rate them as the finest in Greece. Ones to check out include the long, narrow Kondogialós below Pélekas, and nearby Glyfáda; the latter offers water sports.
Travel as far as the south-western tip and you’ll be rewarded with the beautiful, and peaceful, beaches around and south of the Korission lagoon, such as Marathiá, Agia Varvára, Gardénos and the dunes of Íssos - the latter used in the 1981 Bond film ‘For Your Eyes Only’.
Not surprisingly, the island's hotels are strategically placed to take advantage of its beaches - many run free shuttle buses - so there is plenty of choice to suit all budgets amongst the best beach hotels on Corfu.
Best beach hotels on Corfu
For great value
- On the west coast closest to Benitses beach, the family-run Bella Vista offers 23 simple but colourful contemporary-style rooms, including family suites. Many have balconies plus there’s a roof-top restaurant with great views.
- Also on the west coast, beside the stunning Paleokastritsa bay, Zefiros Traditional Hotel belies its name, as rooms are light and modern - some with kitchenettes - with a shared terrace. Light snacks, as well as breakfasts are served in the café-bistro.
- A bright, modern hotel on the north coast, with light, airy rooms, the eponymously named Sidari Beach Hotel overlooks the beach. As well as having a pool, the hotel offers diving, riding and boat hire.
- Stepping distance from several beaches, the Melina Bay Hotel is in an enviable position overlooking the picturesque harbour of Kassiopi. Rooms are light and contemporary in neutral colours and there’s a lovely dining terrace overlooking the bay.
Best mid-range beach hotels
- With its own private beach, tennis courts, pool, spa, children’s club, mountain-biking centre and snorkelling opportunities, some guests never leave the Kontokali Bay Resort & Spa. Rooms are contemporary-smart, all with private balconies or terraces.
- Equally, guests often find it hard to leave the Marbella Beach Hotel, a sprawling, white affair with several restaurants and pools, spa, watersports and private beach. Rooms are sleek white-on-white with beautiful garden or sea views.
Best luxury beach hotels
- With a great position overlooking the sea, and walking distance to Corfu Town, the Corfu Palace is the ‘grande dame’ of the island's hotels. Rooms are large and comfortable, if a little dated, all with private balconies or terraces. Plus there’s a spa and lovely pool.
- Tucked away on the north-west coast by the beautiful Agios Stefanos beach, the Delfino Blu is a great hideaway choice with chic, pale rooms - including some apartments - with flower-bedecked balconies. There’s a free-form pool and a well-regarded Greek restaurant, too.
- With a choice of rooms, suites and villas - the latter with private pools - the Corfu Imperial is one of the top choices on the island. There’s a glittering lobby, sea-view dining terrace, several restaurants, spa, diving courses as well, of course, as a private beach.
Still not sure which of the best beach hotels on Corfu to book?