The 8 best hotels in Dublin for foodies
Irish cooking conjures up thoughts of steaming pots of stew and all sorts of varieties of potatoes and while this hearty cooking is still utterly delicious, Dublin's food scene has got rather more sophisticated of late. From the local pubs which are churning out high-quality fare to Ireland's only two-star Michelin restaurant found in The Merrion Hotel, and everything in between. Meanwhile, there is an equally exciting revolution happening on the streets with food markets popping up all over the city. The Temple Bar food market held every Saturday is an essential stop on any visitor's list. It is hardly surprising really that there is so much exciting food on offer when the quality of the produce is as good as it is here, from Connemara lamb, to fresh seafood and farmhouse cheeses. Our collection of the best hotels in Dublin for foodies offers a range of cuisines from simple fresh seafood to exquisite fine dining.
The best hotels in Dublin for foodies
- King Sitric is an award-winning seafood restaurant and hotel located in Howth, just to the east of the city. Guests can enjoy breathtaking views of Balscadden Bay whilst enjoying crab and oyster caught by local fishermen. All rooms are decorated in the turquoise and blues of the sea and have a bright fresh feel.
- The Cliff Townhouse is a centrally located hotel. Pastel shaded rooms feature park views, modern bathrooms and antique style furniture. There's chic dining in the restaurant with a focus on seafood; start with some champagne in the oyster bar and then expect fresh and beautifully crafted dishes.
- O'Neills is a traditional inn in the heart of Dublin's bustling city centre. Traditional décor nods to the building's Victorian-era heritage, with original fireplaces and antique furnishings. Expect all the traditional pub classics in the restaurant and book in for a whiskey tasting at the pub's own whiskey bar or sample a local beer.
- Iveagh Garden Hotel is a beautifully chic and eco-friendly hotel, just a stone's throw from Grafton Street. Elle's Bar and Bistro is great for casual dining serving a range of bar snacks whilst The Library is perfect for those looking for a formal dining venue.
- Herbert Park Hotel is a luxury four-star hotel in South Dublin. Plush rooms offer stunning views over the expansive Herbert Park. The award-winning gourmet restaurant serves a modern take on Irish classics. Afternoon tea is served in the terrace lounge. A stylish city stay.
- The Wilder is a stylish, Victorian-era townhouse is located in the heart of Dublin. Individually designed rooms boast original fireplaces and rich soft furnishings in regal colours. Enjoy a cocktail with bespoke craft gin in the Gin and Tea Rooms and eat at the award-winning Rolys bistro.
- The Merrion Hotel is an effortlessly gracious grande dame. Timelessly classic decoration oozes understated elegance and grace. There's a choice of three dining options from a casual pub to a two star Michelin restaurant.
- The Gibson Hotel is a sleek, modern hotel located a stone's throw from Dublin's city centre. The bright rooms are decorated in cool colours with comfy Respa beds. Dine in the famous First Dates Ireland restaurant, ideal for a fun night out. A stylish four-star hotel.
King Sitric Dublin (Howth Co.) 8 rooms from £139Foodies - King Sitric offers a varied menu specialising in wild Irish fish and shellfish caught by local fishermenLocal exploring - Explore the sleepy fishing town of Howth - don't forget to visit Howth CastleFishing - The town of Howth is a popular fishing spot for tourists and locals alikeGreat walks - King Sitric is surrounded by stunning walks on the Irish coast
The Cliff Townhouse Dublin 9 rooms from £141City Style - Colourful modern guestrooms, superb dining, knowledgable staff and stones throw from the sightsSights nearby - Trinity College, is just a five- to 10-minute walkGreat walks - Across St Stephen’s GreenRestaurant - Recommended.
O'Neills Dublin 8 rooms from £144Families - With family rooms available, and children's meals on offer in the restaurant, this is a good option for familiesLocal exploring - Located in the heart of Dublin, this is a great base for exploring the city's historic sightsRomantic Break - With cosy rooms in a pretty, heritage building, this is perfect for a quiet couples' getawaySights nearby - Visit the Guiness Storehouse; it involves a self-guided tour over 6 floors with everything you ever wanted to know about Guiness
A traditional inn at the heart of Dublin's bustling city centre. Traditional décor nods to the building's Victorian-era heritage, with original fireplaces and antique furnishings. Book in for a whiskey tasting at the pub's own whiskey bar or sample a local beer. A charming, family-run guesthouse. See More
Iveagh Garden Hotel Dublin 145 rooms from £147Eco break - An eco-hotel in the heart of the city, Iveagh Garden Hotel is powered by an underground water reserveBusiness meetings - Choose from a range of beautifully designed suites for your next corporate eventCity Style - An ideal base to explore what Dublin has to offerSights nearby - The hotel overlooks the beautiful Iveagh Gardens and is a ten minute walk from Dublin Castle
A beautifully chic and eco-friendly hotel, just a stone's throw from Grafton Street. Elle's Bar and Bistro is great for casual dining serving a range of bar snacks whilst The Library is the perfect formal dining venue. All rooms are stylishly furnished and come with rainfall showers. See More
The Wilder Dublin (St Kevin's) 30 rooms from £173Romantic Break - The plush beds and romantic heritage building make this a great hotel for couplesCity Style - Located in the heart of Dublin, this makes a great base for a stylish city breakFoodies - Foodies will love the award-winning bistro in the hotelSights nearby - Visit the main sights of Dublin easily from this hotel, including the Dublin Castle and Christ Church Cathedral
This stylish, Victorian-era townhouse is located in the heart of Dublin. Individually designed rooms boast original fireplaces and rich soft furnishings in regal colours. Enjoy a cocktail with bespoke craft gin in the Gin and Tea Rooms and eat at the award-winning Rolys bistro. A smart city break. See More
Herbert Park Hotel and Park Residence Dublin 153 rooms from £161Families - With triple, interconnecting rooms in the family suites, this hotel is perfect for families travelling with older childrenCity Style - Located in Dublin's historic centre, this hotel is a great base for exploring the local sights on a city breakRomantic Break - With cosy interior décor and a romantic terrace lounge, this hotel is perfect for couples on a city getawaySailing - The Surfdock Centre offers windsurfing and sailing courses; enquire at the hotel for more information
A smart hotel in leafy south Dublin. Plush rooms offer soft carpets and luxurious linens, with stunning views over the expansive Herbert Park. The family rooms are great for travelling with children; dine at the gourmet restaurant or take afternoon tea in the terrace lounge. A stylish city break. See More
The Merrion Hotel Dublin 142 rooms from £308City Style - This Georgian masterpiece is the epitome of subtle style and effortless elegance.Sights nearby - Nearby Number One Merrion Square is the former home of one of Dublin's most famous sons, the writer and dramatist Oscar Wilde.Great walks - After a hearty meal take a stroll around the charming garden, or head down the road to the picturesque Merrion Square Park.Restaurant - Restaurant Patrick Guilbaud is Irelands only two starred Michelin.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Effortlessly gracious grande dame that just happens to be only ten years old. Timelessly classic decoration that oozes understated elegance and grace - marble floors, colonnades, fireplaces, artworks, bedrooms in neutral tones. Beautiful garden, Michelin restaurant, and small spa. See More
The Gibson Hotel Dublin 252 rooms from £155City Style - With the 3Arena on the hotel's doorstep, it's perfect for those looking to enjoy a concert in this city of cultureShort fly break - Located close to the city centre and all the main attractions, this is a great base for a short fly breakRomantic Break - Enjoy breakfast in bed or have dinner in the famous First Dates restaurant on your romantic getawayGreat walks - Take in the beautiful natural landscape of the Irish coast with a walk along Howth Head, with views of Lambay and Ireland's Eye
This sleek, modern hotel is located a stone's throw from Dublin's city centre. The bright rooms are decorated in soothing colours with comfy Respa beds; upgrade to an executive room for a balcony with views over the city. Eat in the famous First Dates Ireland restaurant. A stylish four-star hotel. See More