The 10 Best Value Hotels in Florence
Historic, romantic, home of some of the world’s greatest art museums and some exceptionally beautiful architecture, Florence is a truly unmissable destination. And despite its perennial appeal and popularity, it can actually be quite an affordable one. You can find the hotels on our Guru’s list of the 10 best value hotels in Florence dotted all over the city, from the most beautiful piazzas, to spots right by the Arno, or Duomo-adjacent.
In summer, when the city is awash with people marvelling at the views, there are still affordable options, but if you’re looking for the very best deals from the best value hotels in Florence, then consider travelling outside peak season. You’re likely to escape the heat, the crowds, and find yourself a very reasonable accommodation bill from the properties our Gurus are recommending as the 10 best value hotels in Florence.
The 10 Best Value Hotels in Florence
The Best Value Classic Hotels in Florence
- Just one minute from the Duomo, N4U offers a meeting of historic Florence with family friendliness and great value in a great location. This five room B&B has been converted from a thousand year old tower, and the result is a quirky, characterful collection of rooms with beautiful views and lovely original features.
- Or try the Casa Howard, a chic and intimate B&B in an elegant Florentine palazzo with 13 individually decorated and themed rooms. The owners are a couple of textile designers, and their flair can be seen throughout the property. Doubles start from as little as €99 per night.
The Best Value Hotels in Florence for Couples
- The Hotel Monna Lisa is a romantic Renaissance palace with beautiful period decor, original paintings and sculpture and lovely rooms. There’s also a lovely garden and breakfast courtyard. Suites have private balconies. And the 45 rooms start from around €125 per night.
The Best Value City Break Hotels in Florence
- The Hotel Rosso 23 is a beautiful old building carefully renovated into a 45 room contemporary style hotel. The now modern rooms and living areas are in reds, blacks and greys and there’s a lovely inner courtyard and breakfast room. A short walk from the Duomo. Room rates start from around €130 per night.
- Or Hotel Home? a slick modern hotel within a traditional Renaissance shell. Expect white walls, wooden floors and a small gym, a hot tub, snack menu and stunning panoramic views from the terrace.
- For another more modern option try Floroom, a four room B&B with white walls, black parquet floors, exposed wooden ceiling beams and splashes of modern art.
The Best Value Family Hotels in Florence
- Antica Dimora Firenze is an owner run B&B with just six rooms, right by the Duomo. You get the best of Florence, including four-poster beds, decorative details and antiques, plus breakfast, and all from around €120 per night.
The Best Value Off-Centre Hotels in Florence
- Villa Fiesole is a charming, traditional villa in the hills overlooking Florence. There are 32 rooms, all with parquet floors, and creamy, neutral decor, and a restaurant, terraces and a swimming pool. With a room rate which starts from €99 per night.
The Best Value Hotels in Florence for Luxury Lovers
Experiencing Florence in luxury doesn’t have to come with a big price tag, and our Gurus have turned up several properties worth a recommendation (many of the properties already mentioned easily fit this category).
- The Antica Dimora Johlea is a six room boutique hotel with romantic, eclectic decor, which includes canopied four poster beds and vintage treasures. It also has a roof terrace with panoramic views of the city, and the rooms start at less than €140 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 10 best value hotels in Florence might be perfect for you?
- You could refine your search to just Florence’s Best B&Bs? or the best off-centre hotels in Florence?
- Or consider our recommendations for the 10 Best Hotels in the Hills of Florence?
- Or you could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Florence?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 10 Best Value Hotels in Florence
Casa Howard, Florence 13 rooms from £98Florence
Super chic and intimate B&B in an elegant Florentine palazzo, run by textile designers. Each room is unique and follows its own theme with equal style. Centrally located and a truly magical stay.Cooking classes - The hotel can organise Tuscan cooking classes by an expert chef, with genuine ingredients and traditional recipes.Great walks - The gardens are perfect for strolling aorund and taking a break from the hustle and bustle of the city streets.Sights nearby - The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the beautiful Basilica of Santa Maria Novella.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Antica Dimora Johlea 6 rooms from £119Florence
A neighbourhood guesthouse offering an authentic feel of Florentine life; ancient tiled floors and shuttered windows mix with brightly coloured soft furnishings. Plenty of thoughtful touches - books to borrow, free cakes and hot drinks all day - and with a knock-out roof terrace. Great value too.Value chic - Beautifully adorned rooms with silk fabrics and four poster beds, from just €90 per night B&B.Views - Take your drink or coffee up to the roof terrace and enjoy spectacular city views.Romantic Break - Stunning rooms and unbeatable views.Sights nearby - Florence Botanical Gardens, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, San Lorenzo Church and Ponte Vecchio.Recommended by - Sawdays, Michelin Travel
Floroom 4 rooms from £105Florence
Chic boutique B&B with just four bedrooms. White walls, black parquet floors, wooden beam ceilings and splashes of modern art. A great city spot, and great value.City StyleSights nearby - Located just behind the Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo PittiDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Antica Dimora Firenze 6 rooms from £105Florence (Tuscany)
Charming hospitality welcomes guests to this stylish, owner-run B&B in a prime location near the Duomo. Four poster beds, antiques and decorative detailing is a delight to wake up to. Perfect for families or couples - a home away from home that won't break the bank.Value chic - Perfect location, top service and comfortable rooms. From as little as €87 per night B&B.Local exploring - Just ten minutes from the Duomo and the rest of Florence is easily accessible on foot.Sights nearby - Next door to Renaissance Palazzo Pandolfini and gardens, just 10 mins walk from the Duomo.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Villa Fiesole 32 rooms from £87Florence
A lovely traditional villa in the hills overlooking Florence. Traditional rooms with parquet floors, fireplaces, creamy hues, and private balconies. Restaurant, meeting room, terraces and swimming pool. Great value, very romantic.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool heated in September and OctoberSights nearby - Only 15 minutes from the centre of FlorenceViews - Great views from hotel
N4U 5 rooms from £96Florence (Tuscany)
Centrally located family-friendly B&B in a historic tower over 1,000 years old. Art deco touches with eclectic antiques add character to the rooms. Breakfast is served in-room. This spacious, quirky B&B is great value and offers its own history with some large frescoed rooms.Value chic - Affordable, centrally located, with beautiful city views, original domed brick ceilings, antique paintings and ceiling art.Sights nearby - Just one minute from the Duomo, the sybol of Florence, and under ten minutes from Michelangelo's David.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Hotel Rosso 23 45 rooms from £116Florence
A noble building renovated in contemporary style. Modern bedrooms and living areas all in reds, blacks, and greys. Lovely inner courtyard and breakfast room. A great choice for those on a budget.Sights nearby - Within wallking distance of the Duomo, Uffizi and Ponte VecchioViews - Superior rooms all enjoy great views over the cityLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Hotel Monna Lisa 45 rooms from £111Florence
Utterly romantic Florentine palace. A Renaissance dwelling with the atmosphere of another age. Period decor, sculptures, and original paintings in beautiful rooms and suites with private balconies. Lovely garden and breakfast courtyard. An (art) lovers choice.Value chicRomantic BreakSights nearby - Situated in the heart of the city you can reach most major sights on footLocal markets - Visit the San Lorenzo or Pulci markets
Hotel Home 39 rooms from £116Florence
Slick modern minimalism set within traditional Renaissance architecture. All white rooms and suites with wooden floors and all the mod cons. Small gym, massages and a hot tub, Tuscan snack menu, and stunning panoramic views from the terrace. A lively little spot, refreshingly cool.City Style - Slick modern minimalism in a traditional Renaissance building.Views - Great views from hotelSpa - In-room treatments on request.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Michelin Travel