- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Off-Centre Hotels in Florence
Spectacular and stimulating, Florence can become busy during summer - as well as baking hot in those beautiful, but exposed, piazzas. So for many years seasoned travellers have chosen to stay outside the centre of town in one of the best off-centre hotels in Florence.
As well as being your haven from the crowds and the heat, many of the hotels on our Guru’s list of the best off-centre hotels in Florence have breathtaking views of the city. And because of this city’s lovely rural-urban feel, some of the properties on the list feel like they’re deep in the Tuscan countryside while really they’re only around 30minutes stroll from the Duomo.
Our Guru’s list of the best off-centre hotels in Florence includes a monastery with a Michelin star, an artist’s retreat on the River Arno and several properties with frescoed ceilings and wonderful art upon the walls. Choosing one of these best off-centre hotels in Florence also means you’ll get a bit more for your euro, and there are some great value options both for couples and families.
The Best Off-Centre Hotels in Florence
To Escape the Crowds
- The Villa Antea is an elegant villa in a peaceful residential part of north Florence with winding lanes, historic villas and its own river. The rooms are spacious, with large windows, parquet floors and antique furniture.
- The Marignolle Relais & Charme is a private retreat surrounded by rolling Tuscan hills, but also only 15minutes from Florence. There are ten chic rooms with fine fabrics and antiques, plus a pool and beautiful gardens. There are wonderful walks all around and they run cooking classes for when you get bored of the culture in town!
- The Riva Lofts offer views of the River Arno, but are sufficiently far out of the centre of town for it to feel like you’re staying in an urban retreat. Each of these chic lofts have been designed by Claudio Nardi in cutting edge style, and you’re welcome to relax by the pool, in the lounge or the gardens or throw a casual dinner party in your loft - it’s your home from home. Vintage-style bikes are on hand for visiting the centre of town.
For a Special Occasion
- The Villa San Michele, with its Michelangelo facade, started life in the 15th Century as a monastery, but is now a luxurious 46 room boutique hotel. The wonderful decor has an old world elegance, there’s a Michelin starred restaurant and the immaculate gardens offer views over Florence.
- Il Salviatino is an extremely romantic, extremely luxurious 15th Century palazzo conversion in the hills above Florence. The 45 rooms and suites are lavish, with vaulted ceilings and oak floors and there’s a spa, a choice of restaurants and some spectacular valley views.
- Or, if you’d prefer your historic villa just five minutes drive from the centre of Florence, then the Villa Tolomei may be for you. It’s a small five star hotel, set in 20 peaceful hectares of olive groves and vineyards, with wonderful gardens, a lovely pool and spa and a fantastic Tuscan restaurant.
- Villa Mangiacane is a five star villa with a collection of 27 romantic rooms and suites. Some of the rooms have four-poster beds, fireplaces and mezzanine levels. All of them have huge bathtubs, butler service and stunning views over the vineyards and grounds of the villa. There’s also a pampering spa a great restaurant.
- Once a private home, the Torre di Bellosguardo is a beautiful villa which overlooks Florence from its hilltop position. If you appreciate palatial rooms with wonderful frescoed ceilings and four poster beds then this might be the place for you.
- The Villa le Piazzole is a wonderful old country house turned apartment and villa collection. There are 14 apartments or villas, all of them with elegant interiors - think stone floors, four-poster beds and art on the walls - and a restaurant and pool. Though they also offer self catering.
For Great Value
- The Villa Fiesole is a charming, traditional villa in the hills overlooking Florence. There are 32 rooms, all with parquet floors, and creamy, neutral decor, plus a restaurant, terraces and a swimming pool. With a room rate which starts from less than £85 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best off-centre hotels in Florence might be perfect for you?
- Refine your search to Florence’s Best B&Bs?
- or the best luxury hotels in Florence.
- Or expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Florence,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Villa San Michele, Florence 46 rooms from $896Florence (Tuscany)
A charming 15th Century monastery adorned with Michelangelo facade, turned luxurious boutique hotel. The chic rooms exude old world elegance and style. Enjoy fine dining at the Michelin starred restaurant or overlooking Florence from the immaculate gardens. Totally unique.Romantic Break - A historic hotel oozing romance from every pore with deep soaking tubs, palatial fourposters and balconies overlooking the city.Foodies - From the stunning menuat the the Michelin-starred Oro Restaurant, to the private cookery school, this is foodie heaven.Cooking classes - Learn to master your favourite dishes from the hotels menu at the internationally recognised cookery school.Local markets - A free shuttle service runs to La Reppublica Square in central Florence, enjoy the best of Tuscan shopping.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
Il Salviatino 45 rooms from $346Florence (Fiesole)
Extremely luxurious, extremely romantic. A 15th century palazzo set in the hills above Florence. Lavish bedrooms and suites with oak floors, vaulted ceilings, and artworks. A spa, restaurants, and spectacular valley views.Views - Stunning views of Florence and the Tuscan countrysideHoneymoonsRomantic BreakCooking classes - Cookery lessons available for adults and childrenRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Torre di Bellosguardo 16 rooms from $183Florence
Breathtakingly beautiful villa, previously a private home, overlooking Florence from its hilltop perch. Desperately romantic with a warm and informal atmosphere. Enormous rooms and suites with frescoed ceilings and four poster beds.LuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsViews - Stunning views over the city of FlorenceRecommended by - Sawdays
Villa Antea 6 rooms from $239Florence
Tranquil bed and breakfast in a lovely villa with elegant interiors in the north of the city. Spacious rooms with large sash windows, parquet flooring and antique furniture. Charming, good value and family run. In a great location for an authentic stay outside of the tourist area.City Style - A unique find with, large airy bedrooms adorned with lavish silken drapes, floor to ceiling windows and parquet floors.Great walks - The local residential area has charming winding lanes, historic villas and a small river for exploring.Sights nearby - The Duomo and Baptistery are within a twenty minute walk.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Villa Mangiacane 27 rooms from $342Tuscany
A Five Star luxury villa just outside Florence. Romantic bedrooms and suites, a pampering spa, fantastic food and wine tasting. Guest rooms have four poster beds, fireplaces, mezzanine levels, big bath tubs and a butler service. Stunning views over vineyards below. Ideal for couples or honeymooners.Romantic Break - With in room baths, private dining and many acitivities couples would enjoy this property is perfect for a romantic break.Romantic - Superbly romantic bedrooms, decoration, and location.Views - Stunning valley views.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Marignolle Relais & Charme 10 rooms from $239Florence (Tuscany)
A wonderfully private relaxed Tuscan retreat. Chic rooms, feature fine fabrics and antique furnishings. The outdoor pool and beautiful gardens make this a ideal spot for relaxation. Enjoy an expansive breakfast on the veranda, cooking classes from expect chefs and proximity to local medieval towns.Exclusive offer - Exclusive Advanced Booking OfferLocal exploring - Surrounded by charming countryside and just 15 minutes from Florence- there are exploring opportunitites for all sorts.Value chic - Wonderfully affordable elegantly decorated rooms feature parquet floors, rich tapestries, and antique furniture.Great walks - Take a post breakfast stroll around the fragrant gardens, or head out to explore the olive groves and rolling Tuscan hills.Cooking classes - Paola runs fantastic Tuscan cooking lessons with daughter Silvia, learn to whip up your favourite dishes.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Sawdays
Villa le Piazzole 14 rooms from $171Florence
A beautiful old Italian country house converted into a range of apartments and villas. Panoramic views of the countryside around. Elegant interiors have stone floors, four poster beds, and paintings on the walls. Restaurant, pool, and self-catering. A perfect choice for a family.Families - Villas to rent.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Riva Lofts 8 rooms from $239Florence (Tuscany)
Claudio Nardi's artist studio turned laid-back urban retreat, overlooking the Arno River. The chic lofts exude comfort and bold contemporary design. Vintage-style bicycles are available for whizzing into Florence city centre. Designer chic, a tranquil haven from the hustle bustle.Total relaxation - Chill by the pool, lounge in the gardens or throw a casual dinner party in your loft- a totally unique Florentine experience.Value chic - Stunning lofts and suites by renowned desinger Claudio Nardi are the ultimate in cutting edge style, at an affordable price.Great walks - The hotel is directly opposite the hisotric Parco delle Cascine, a 160 acre park along the River Arno.Views - Views of the Arno River.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
Villa Tolomei 31 rooms from $194Florence
14th century frescoed villa five minutes from the centre of Florence. Villa Tolomei is a Five Star hotel set in a peaceful 20 hectares with olives groves and vineyards, a spa, outdoor pool, lovely gardens and a wonderful restaurant. Beautiful views overlooking the city.Outstanding location - In a tranquil setting, the beauiful cty of Florence with its exceptional churches, galleries, art and shopping is close byRestaurant - The Il Conventino a Marignolle restaurant, offers exquisite Tuscan cuisine using fresh produce from the estateViews - Fantastic views over Florence and the Arno ValleySit-out TerraceRecommended by - Tablet
Villa Fiesole 32 rooms from $113Florence
A lovely traditional villa in the hills overlooking Florence. Traditional rooms with parquet floors, fireplaces, creamy hues, and private balconies. Restaurant, meeting room, terraces and swimming pool. Great value, very romantic.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool heated in September and OctoberSights nearby - Only 15 minutes from the centre of FlorenceViews - Great views from hotel