- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Florence
Cradle of the Renaissance, Florence is one of the world's most beautiful cities, packed with wonderful art and architecture on a grand scale. Marble statues grace piazzas, ceilings and walls are fresco-covered and views are handsome and historic. If you're here for Michelangelo, Botticelli and Leonardo da Vinci, then why not have the accommodation to match! The big chain hotels, present in so many popular destinations, don't seem to have a foothold here, and an increasing number of the best places to stay in Florence are independently run, many converted from large old family homes and palazzos.
All our Florence collections:
- Best luxury hotels in Florence
- Best family hotels in Florence
- Best Off-Centre hotels in Florence
- Best value hotels in Florence
- Best B&Bs in Florence
When it comes to choosing the right part of Florence in which to lay your head, you’ll find many of the best places to stay in Florence within the Centro Storico, which is the historic part of town encompassing many of the main churches, museums and galleries. There are two main parts to the Centro Storico: the area around the Piazza della Signoria - which is close to the Duomo, the Uffizi and the Ponte Vecchio, and the areas around the Santa Maria Novella and San Lorenzo - which are still rife with beautiful churches and historic palazzi, they’re just a bit earthier. To the east is the Piazza Santa Croce, which is great for markets, cafes and bars. And the south bank of the river Arno is called the Oltrarno, which is also great for foodies and has a boho-chic charm. Then, above the city are the hills - perfect if you’re visiting in summer and want a break from the heat and crowds.
What not to Miss
- A mecca for art lovers, some of the best places to stay are ideally located for those who want to reach their chosen masterpiece in the blink of an eye so that they can beat the queues. The Uffizi is probably the best known gallery in Florence and one of the world’s greatest fine art museums. This is where you’ll find Boticelli’s The Birth of Venus and Titian’s Venus of Urbino. Michelangelo’s David is nearby at the Accademia Gallery. The Pitti Palace and the Bargello are probably the other galleries people travel to Florence to visit. Florence has around 80 galleries and fine art museums and that is just a tip of the artistic iceberg as many of the most wonderful of Florence’s art treasures are in churches not museums. Some of the Duomo’s art is now housed it its own museum, but there’s still the San Minato al Monte, the Santa Maria Novella, the Santa Trinita, Santa Spirito, the Santa Maria della Carmine and many, many more.
- Many of our picks display their own art. Frescoes abound in the old palazzos and many are stuffed with antique furniture, creating an aura in which you can almost see yourself dining with the Medicis, or plotting alongside Machiavelli.
- As well as historic art treasures, Florence has a rich modern cultural scene. This is a place to come to eat extremely well, attend great classical music or opera concerts, see the latest art exhibitions - both old and contemporary - and to live a little, or a lot. Florence has long been the city break of choice for people whose taste runs to the artistic.
- If you are here to shop, stroll down the Via de' Tornabuoni for a designer label fix, or visit the mercato centrale and soak up the local atmosphere, or pick up a bargain on the Ponte Vecchio.
- You can opt to be in the thick of things or head for the hills that fringe the city where, especially in summer, you'll find relief from the heat and dust.
- Florence has a lovely rural-urban vibe, so some of the villas on the outskirts of town feel like they're deep the Tuscan countryside, while still being only about a 30minute stroll to the centre of town.
- One of the best things about staying in one of the villas on the outskirts of Florence is that there's a chance you'll have a lovely view of the city. There's also the benefit of being close to the vine-lined hills of Chianti.
With so many choices available is shouldn't be too difficult to find one of the best places to stay in Florence to suit your requirements. Florence is always popular though, so do book early for your favourite.
The Best Places to Stay in Florence
Around the Piazza della Signoria
- Palazzo Niccollini al Duomo is a fabulous property choc-a-block with original features and furniture, in an unbeatable location. Family owned and run, it is a spectacular residence overlooking the Duomo.
- The Relais Uffizi is a great family option, with 12 elegant rooms starting from around £80 per night. Here you can also expect four-poster beds and art on the walls and a great location.
- The Gallery Hotel Art is a fabulous design hotel in central Florence with chic rooms and suites with contemporary art and private terraces with views over Florence.
Around Santa Maria Novella and San Lorenzo
- The Hotel Rosso 23 is a beautiful old building carefully renovated into a 45 room contemporary style hotel. The now modern rooms and living areas are in reds, blacks and greys and there’s a lovely inner courtyard and breakfast room. A short walk from the Duomo. Room rates start from around £70 per night.
- Garibaldi Blu is a designer, 22 room hotel in a great location overlooking the church of Santa Maria Novella, five minutes from the Duomo and close to the station as well. The rooms are large and uncluttered, with some whimsical design features, and the best of them have views over the piazza.
Around Piazza Santa Croce
- Hotel Home is a slick modern, minimalist hotel within a beautiful Renaissance shell. Rooms are all white with great views. There's a small spa and gym and small - but well chosen - menu. All starting from just £57 per night.
- Le Stanze de Santa Croce L is a cheerful B&b with four rooms - or you can book out the whole place. Brightly coloured rooms and a lovely breakfast terrace make this a warm, comfortable place to stay.
On the Oltrarno
- If you love the beauty of Florence's architecture, but prefer something more modern when it comes to your own space, Floroom is for you. The decor in these four rooms is monochrome, splashed with modern art and you're right in the heart of town, just behind the Ponte Vecchio.
- For a lovely riverside location the Ferragamo-owned Hotel Lungarno, with its with elegant modern interiors and views of the Arno, is perfect.
In the Hills
- The Villa Tolomei is a small, five star, hotel converted from a beautiful villa, set in 20 peaceful hectares of olive groves and vineyards with wonderful gardens, a lovely pool and spa and a fantastic Tuscan restaurant.
- Once a private home, the Torre di Bellosguardo is a beautiful villa which overlooks Florence from its hilltop position. If you appreciate palatial rooms with wonderful frescoed ceilings and four poster beds then this might be the place for you.
For A Special Occasion
- The Palazzo Vecchietti is a distinguished15th Century built palazzo right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it 'Paradiso'. Now divided into fourteen luxuriously decorated suites and apartments with lovely details like private terraces, high ceilings and amazing views. It's easily one of the best places to stay if you're looking for something a bit special.
- The Four Seasons Hotel housed in a Renaissance palazzo has got the lot - frescoes, elaborate stucco work, sculptures and grand public spaces. Deep pockets and the ability to walk the short distance back from the centre are essential.
- The Hotel Savoy is a fine, luxury hotel in the very heart of the centre, close to the Duomo. Styled beautifully by Olga Polizzi, this is a haven of pale and perfect luxury.
Florence's Best B&Bs
- Palazzo Galletti has an enviable location on one of Florence's most elegant palazzos, occupying the first floor of a mansion-with-a-view. Galletti has eleven rooms, nine of which have elegant, semi-contemporary decor and tiny terraces, and two of which are spectacular - vast, with wonderful frescos.
- Casa Howard is a chic B&B guesthouse converted from a Florentine palazzo. Owned by textile designers, their forte is very much in evidence in all of the individually designed rooms. With fresh flowers everywhere and honesty bars on each floor, it's definitely amongst the best places to stay in Florence if you're looking for a home from home feel.
- Antica Dimora Firenze is an owner run B&B with just six rooms, right by the Duomo. You get the best of Florence, including four-poster beds, decorative details and antiques, plus breakfast. All from around £75 per night.
For Florentine Grandeur
- The Residenza d’Epoca occupies the upper floors of a private house on the edge of the Piazza della Signoria and there are few rooms with a better view than these ten. Traditional, unfussy decor focused on heritage and comfort and an excellent breakfast.
- Built in 1517 is a former convent, Loggiato dei Serviti is one of the most prestigious historic residences in Florence. Add to this stunning views across the Piazza SS Annunciata to Brunelleschi's Ospendale deli Innocenti, the charming antiques, rich fabrics and parquet floors.
- If you’re searching for Florence’s traditional romance then the Grand Hotel Villa Cora is for you. It’s an exclusive, Baroque palace hotel, with a beautiful pool and landscaped gardens, 46 luxurious rooms and a deliciously promising choice of restaurants, from fine dining to bistro service.
- The Helvetia & Bristol has been the home-from-home choice of the international elite since the 17th Century, with elegant old-fashioned luxury and charming, classically styled rooms. There’s a Mediterranean restaurant with a view of the Piazza Stozzi.
- Once a private home, the Torre di Bellosguardo is a beautiful villa which overlooks Florence from its hilltop position. If you appreciate palatial rooms with wonderful frescoed ceilings and four poster beds then this might be the place for you.
For the Love of Art
- Hidden in between the Duomo and the Palazzo Vecchio, the Hotel Brunelleschi is a 96 room boutique hotel with chic rooms and its very own museum and Roman Baths. The design is modern built around an impressive old tower, which is actually the oldest structure in Florence.
- The Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci is a 56 room hotel converted from a 15th Century palazzo. Expect original frescoes and antiques, spacious rooms with parquet floors and marble bathrooms.
- If your kids appreciate a little bit more space, then the Villa Tolomei, a beautiful villa just five minutes drive from the centre of Florence, may be for you. A small five star hotel, set in 20 peaceful hectares of olive groves and vineyards with wonderful gardens, a lovely pool and spa and a fantastic Tuscan restaurant.
- N4U offers a meeting of historic Florence with family friendliness in a great location just one minute from the Duomo. This five room B&B has been converted from a thousand year old tower and the result is a quirky, characterful collection of rooms with beautiful views and lovely original features.
- Also well located, Be One is a good choice if your family would prefer something a bit more modern. Here there are five all-white boutique chic rooms and suites with dark oak floors and modern art. Some of the rooms have kitchenettes.
For Great Value
- The Antica Dimora Firenze is charmingly traditional, only 10 minutes from the Duomo and rates start at less than £85 per night. There are only six rooms in this delightfully chintz-tastic guest house, several have four poster beds and all are airy and fresh feeling.
- The Hotel Monna Lisa is a romantic Renaissance palace with beautiful period decor, original paintings and sculpture and lovely rooms. There’s also a lovely garden and breakfast courtyard. Suites have private balconies and the 45 rooms start from around £90 per night.
- Villa Antea is to the north of Florence, about 15 minutes from the centre of town, in a lovely, leafy old neighbourhood shaded by lime and poplar trees. This lovely, peaceful villa has been in the same family since 1887 - so has some wonderful original features and decorations.
- The Villa Rucellai is a charming 18th Century villa on the outskirts of Florence, surrounded by its own olive groves and grape vines. Another example of an old family home turned charming B&B, the villa has been home to the Rucellai family since 1740. Public areas are grand and homey, while the eleven rooms are simple and comfortable.
- For families, the Marignolle Relais & Charm is a ten minute cab journey from central Florence and has an outside pool in a lush garden to plunge into when you return hot and dusty from the city.
- For a spot of understated luxury in the outskirts, book a room at the Villa San Michele. Converted from a 15th century monastery, it boasts glorious terraced gardens with breathtaking views over the city and a large pool.
- You can see Florence from the terrace of the Pensione Bencistà and from some of its 40 Tuscan style rooms and you are surrounded by olive groves and charming gardens. There’s also a terrace restaurant.
For an Apartment or Villa
If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private villa we recommend you visit our online partner booking.com.
- Just 15minutes from the centre of town by bus or taxi, Florence’s Amerigo Vespucci international airport has limited connection. Pisa Airport is a bigger hub for the low-cost airlines and just a relatively short distance from Florence by train or bus.
- If you want to hire a car - which we highly recommend if you’re staying in Florence and you want to see more of Tuscany - we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
- The huge number of hotels and guest houses means that in the cooler, quieter months there are some excellent accommodation deals to be found. There's always something on here. A thousand and one events are packed in from late spring through early autumn - this is when there are outdoor events as well, but Florence is also a wonderful place to visit in December, January, February. August is popular, but as far as the weather is concerned it’s one of the worst times to visit the city - it bakes at this time of year.
Still not sure?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Tuscany,
- Or refine your search to the Best luxury hotels in Florence,
- Or the Best B&Bs in Florence?
- Or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Best Hotels in Florence
Villa Rucellai 8 rooms from $91Florence (Prato)
18th Century family run B&B, nestled between its own vines and olive groves, on the outskirts of Florence. The warm decor with family antiques and pictures, give a true Italian homely feel. Simple comforts, full of character and a wonderful countryside spot from which to explore the region.Value chic - An enchanting villa with beautifully manicured gardens, period furnishings and impeccable service at an astonishingly low price.Hideaway - A romantic and characterful hideaway in the Tuscan Hills with balconies overlooking vineyards and olive groves.Great walks - Located in the Bisenzio river valley, on the lower slopes of the Retaia the last ramparts of the Calvana pre-Appenine chain.Sights nearby - Check out Prato Cathedral in the local town, dedicated to Saint Stephen, the first saint in Catholicism.
Hotel Rosso 23 45 rooms from $94Florence
A noble building renovated in contemporary style. Modern bedrooms and living areas all in reds, blacks, and greys. Lovely inner courtyard and breakfast room. A great choice for those on a budget.Sights nearby - Within wallking distance of the Duomo, Uffizi and Ponte VecchioViews - Superior rooms all enjoy great views over the cityLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Antica Dimora Firenze 6 rooms from $99Florence (Tuscany)
Charming hospitality welcomes guests to this stylish, owner-run B&B in a prime location near the Duomo. Four poster beds, antiques and decorative detailing is a delight to wake up to. Perfect for families or couples - a home away from home that won't break the bank.Value chic - Perfect location, top service and comfortable rooms. From as little as €87 per night B&B.Local exploring - Just ten minutes from the Duomo and the rest of Florence is easily accessible on foot.Sights nearby - Next door to Renaissance Palazzo Pandolfini and gardens, just 10 mins walk from the Duomo.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Antica Dimora Johlea 6 rooms from $103Florence
A neighbourhood guesthouse offering an authentic feel of Florentine life; ancient tiled floors and shuttered windows mix with brightly coloured soft furnishings. Plenty of thoughtful touches - books to borrow, free cakes and hot drinks all day - and with a knock-out roof terrace. Great value too.Value chic - Beautifully adorned rooms with silk fabrics and four poster beds, from just €90 per night B&B.Views - Take your drink or coffee up to the roof terrace and enjoy spectacular city views.Romantic Break - Stunning rooms and unbeatable views.Sights nearby - Florence Botanical Gardens, Cathedral of Santa Maria del Fiore, San Lorenzo Church and Ponte Vecchio.Recommended by - Sawdays
Relais Uffizi 12 rooms from $111Florence
A beautiful hotel on a peaceful piazza. An historical building with romantic rooms and suites that exude traditional elegance. Four poster beds, pastel walls, paintings and soft lighting. Wonderfully located, family friendly, very characterful.Romantic - Good for couples.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Villa Fiesole 32 rooms from $113Florence
A lovely traditional villa in the hills overlooking Florence. Traditional rooms with parquet floors, fireplaces, creamy hues, and private balconies. Restaurant, meeting room, terraces and swimming pool. Great value, very romantic.Romantic BreakSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool heated in September and OctoberSights nearby - Only 15 minutes from the centre of FlorenceViews - Great views from hotel
Residenza Sassetti 5 rooms from $113Florence (Uffizi)
Lovely B&B right in the heart of Florence. The minimalist rooms are comfortable with tasteful artwork hanging on the walls. The central location is ideal for sightseeing and browsing the bountiful choice of restaurants and bars. Low cost and great location, an unmissable combination.Value chic - Elegant and thoughtfully decorated rooms, in the heart of the city, without the crazy Florentine price tag.Local exploring - A historic and charming hotel, a stones throw from the Piazza della Repubblica and all the main sights.Local markets - Florence boasts some of the best shopping in Italy, be sure to check out the central market.Sights nearby - One minute walk from the Piazza della Repubblica and the Florence Cathedral.
Hotel Monna Lisa 45 rooms from $125Florence
Utterly romantic Florentine palace. A Renaissance dwelling with the atmosphere of another age. Period decor, sculptures, and original paintings in beautiful rooms and suites with private balconies. Lovely garden and breakfast courtyard. An (art) lovers choice.Value chicRomantic BreakSights nearby - Situated in the heart of the city you can reach most major sights on footLocal markets - Visit the San Lorenzo or Pulci markets
Villa Campestri Olive Oil Resort 14 rooms from $146Vicchio di Mugello, Tuscany
Gorgeous country house olive estate in the Tuscan hills. Timeless rooms, suites, family suites, and apartments have canopied beds, killim rugs, antique artworks and glorious views over cypresses and olive groves. Excellent restaurant, art and cookery classes.Groups - Group bookings are popular, a great place to spend time with friends.Families - Rooms can fit 5 with an extra bed on the ground floor of the villa.Great walks - Wide selection of walks on the doorstepSights nearby - Explore the Mugello ValleyRecommended by - Sawdays
Casa Howard, Florence 13 rooms from $128Florence
Super chic and intimate B&B in an elegant Florentine palazzo, run by textile designers. Each room is unique and follows its own theme with equal style. Centrally located and a truly magical stay.Exclusive offer - Spring OfferCooking classes - The hotel can organise Tuscan cooking classes by an expert chef, with genuine ingredients and traditional recipes.Great walks - The gardens are perfect for strolling aorund and taking a break from the hustle and bustle of the city streets.Sights nearby - The hotel is only a 5 minute walk from the beautiful Basilica of Santa Maria Novella.Full of characterRecommended by - I Escape
Floroom 4 rooms from $137Florence
Chic boutique B&B with just four bedrooms. White walls, black parquet floors, wooden beam ceilings and splashes of modern art. A great city spot, and great value.City StyleSights nearby - Located just behind the Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo PittiDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Velona's Jungle 4 rooms from $137Florence
Velona's Jungle offers just four luxurious suites all designed with a wildlife theme. The decor is bold with animal prints aplenty, complemented by vintage objets d'art and antique furnishings. Located in an elegant residential neighbourhood, yet close to all the sights. Perfect for romantics.Local exploring - You're well placed to have easy access to all of Florence's main highlightsSights nearby - Close to the Opera House, the Leopolda and Fortezza da Basso exhibition centersFull of character - With its quirky jungle designs, this property oozes with characterRestrictions on children - This is an adults only property
Hotel Home 39 rooms from $147Florence
Slick modern minimalism set within traditional Renaissance architecture. All white rooms and suites with wooden floors and all the mod cons. Small gym, massages and a hot tub, Tuscan snack menu, and stunning panoramic views from the terrace. A lively little spot, refreshingly cool.City Style - Slick modern minimalism in a traditional Renaissance building.Views - Great views from hotelSpa - In-room treatments on request.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
N4U 5 rooms from $152Florence (Tuscany)
Centrally located family-friendly B&B in a historic tower over 1,000 years old. Art deco touches with eclectic antiques add character to the rooms. Breakfast is served in-room. This spacious, quirky B&B is great value and offers its own history with some large frescoed rooms.Value chic - Affordable, centrally located, with beautiful city views, original domed brick ceilings, antique paintings and ceiling art.Sights nearby - Just one minute from the Duomo, the sybol of Florence, and under ten minutes from Michelangelo's David.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Soprarno Suites 11 rooms from $154Florence (Tuscany)
Not only are each of this hotel's 10 bedrooms uniquely decorated, they draw from different centuries. Intricate Renaissance ceiling work juxtaposed with bold wall lights & retro furniture. Enjoy a hearty continental breakfast before stepping out the door into the heart of Florence. A hipster haunt!Sights nearby - The Renaissance masterpiece, Palazzo Pitti, is located just round the corner from the property. 10 mins from the Ponte VecchioGreat walks - Walk along the Arno River and across the medieval Ponte Vecchio bridge.Local markets - The San Lorenzo has a variety of local produce and handmade goods.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Tablet
Tenuta Le Viste 4 rooms from $163Florence (loc. Mosciano, Scandicci)
A traditional hotel set in the Tuscan hills. Charming rooms have antiques and rustic features. Outstanding Tuscan cuisine, pool and garden with hydrangeas, pomegranate trees and roses. Views over Florence which is a few minutes drive away. A perfect Italian country weekend for couple or families.Foodies - Guided trips to Castello di Verrazzano, gardens and the wine vaults, followed by wine tasting. Olive picking also availableCountry Escape - 17th century villa has olive trees, cashmere goats, homing pigeons, pool and excursions to Tuscan townsSights nearby - Siena, Volterra, San Gimignano, or other historical towns like Arezzo, Pistoia, Pisa, LuccaViews - Rooftops of Florence
AdAstra Suites 9 rooms from $163Florence
Peaceful retreat in a 16th-century palazzo overlooking a romantic, folly-strewn garden. Rooms are vast and mix original features with retro furnishings and modern art; a great place to relax with a drink on the terrace after a day’s sight-seeing.Great walks - Relaxing walks in the nearby Boboli gardens or the Bardini gardens.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Pitti Palace and the Ponte Vecchio.Full of characterViews - Great views from hotel
Villa Broncigliano 4 rooms from $166Florence (Scandicci)
Charming B&B with a real familial touch. The bespoke rooms are adorned with tasteful furniture. A real highlight is the place's location, which provides easy access into Florence whilst also being home to stunning views of the Tuscan hills. A place brimming with character.Country Escape - Located in beautiful Scandicci, just outside of Florence, with stunning gardens, charming rooms and a relaxed atmosphere.Sights nearby - A bus runs from outside the B&B right into the centre of Florence, allowing you to explore when you like.Great walks - Take advantage of your location and head off to explore the stunning hills surrounding the villa.Full of character
Berchielli 76 rooms from $171Florence
Charming riverside hotel with a fabulous garden roof terrace overlooking the rooftops of Florence. Traditional rooms and suites in pastels colours with marble floors and river views. Understated, but classic.Sights nearby - A stones throw from the Uffizi GalleryViews - Great views from hotelLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Villa le Piazzole 14 rooms from $171Florence
A beautiful old Italian country house converted into a range of apartments and villas. Panoramic views of the countryside around. Elegant interiors have stone floors, four poster beds, and paintings on the walls. Restaurant, pool, and self-catering. A perfect choice for a family.Families - Villas to rent.Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
Pensione Bencistà 40 rooms from $181Florence (Tuscany)
Traditional 14th Century villa full of character, antiques and history, rests in charming gardens overlooking Florence from neighbouring Fiesole. The Pension Bencista's classic style rooms ooze Tuscan elegance. Enjoy meals on the terrace overlooking the olive groves.IntimateSights nearby - You can see it from the terrace, but be sure to go into Florence for a day of exploring the local history.Great walks - Stroll through the surrounding Tuscan olive groves.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Frommers
Le Stanze de Santa Croce 4 rooms from $183Florence
A cheerful B&B, also available for exclusive use. A more affordable option for Florence if travelling as a group of 8. Brightly coloured rooms and a lovely breakfast terrace.Value chicCooking classes - Visit the local markets, then learn to cook your purchasesSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - I Escape
Torre di Bellosguardo 16 rooms from $183Florence
Breathtakingly beautiful villa, previously a private home, overlooking Florence from its hilltop perch. Desperately romantic with a warm and informal atmosphere. Enormous rooms and suites with frescoed ceilings and four poster beds.LuxuryRomantic BreakHoneymoonsViews - Stunning views over the city of FlorenceRecommended by - Sawdays
Loggiato dei Serviti 37 rooms from $214Florence (Tuscany)
16th Century convent transformed into a delightful, antique filled boutique hotel. Rooms with views provide both comfort and value. Breakfast is served in the courtyard by attentive and knowledgeable staff. Magical stay in the heart of Florence.Sights nearby - Discover the Ospedale degli Innocenti built in 1419 by none other than Brunelleschi for the orphans of Florence.Views - Views across to Brunelleschi's Ospedale degli InnocentiFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers
Villa Tolomei 31 rooms from $194Florence
14th century frescoed villa five minutes from the centre of Florence. Villa Tolomei is a Five Star hotel set in a peaceful 20 hectares with olives groves and vineyards, a spa, outdoor pool, lovely gardens and a wonderful restaurant. Beautiful views overlooking the city.Outstanding location - In a tranquil setting, the beauiful cty of Florence with its exceptional churches, galleries, art and shopping is close byRestaurant - The Il Conventino a Marignolle restaurant, offers exquisite Tuscan cuisine using fresh produce from the estateViews - Fantastic views over Florence and the Arno ValleySit-out TerraceRecommended by - Tablet
Garibaldi Blu 22 rooms from $206Florence
Designer-hotel in great location, close to the station, overlooking the striking church of Santa Maria Novella, and only five minutes from the Duomo. Rooms are large and uncluttered, the best overlooking the piazza, and corridors are dotted with whimsical design features.Sights nearby - 10-minute walk from Piazza della Signoria and Uffizi Gallery. 450 yards from Santa Maria del FioreLocal markets - Browse the neabry Mercato Centrale.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Cellai 55 rooms from $211Florence
Delightful Florentine hotel in the centre of the city. Mirroring the rich culture of the city, Hotel Cellai is home to a fantastic collection of artwork and antiques. Its tasteful rooms are comfortable and spacious. The perfect launchpad from which to explore the birthplace of the Renaissance.Local exploring - Perfectly situated for exploring all this magical city has to offer, and spectacular views across the city from the rooftop.City Style - An enchanting Florentine hotel, with effortlessly chic suites, original art, and jazz music tinkling in the library bar.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from San Marco Museum, Convent of San Marco and Basilica of San Lorenzo.Full of character
Hotel degli Orafi 42 rooms from $211Florence
Very special Florentine hotel on the riverside. The ballroom breakfast room features original frescoes covering the vaulted ceiling. Beautiful terrace roof bar, cosy library, and lovely rooms and suites with river views. A classical spot in Florence.Sights nearby - Walking distance to all of Florence's main attractionsViews - Great views from hotelTraditionalLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Palazzo Galletti 11 rooms from $216Florence (Tuscany)
1931 elegant Neo-Classical Palazzo now boutique B&B offering great value rooms, prime location and romantic interiors. Two beautifully intact frescoed suites, the rest semi contemporary rooms, all have breakfast in room. Quiet, intimate location is perfect for a romantic break and city exploring.Honeymoons - Take the Cerere suite, with incredible top to toe frescoes, linger over breakfast in bed and indulge at the spa- bliss!Sights nearby - A five minute walk brings you to the famed Il Duomo di Firenze, a must see.House party feel - Be prepared to meet people.Full of character
Hotel Tornabuoni Beacci 56 rooms from $259Florence (Tuscany)
Converted 15th Century Palazzo with plenty of history, just off Via dè Tornabuoni. A 4* hotel brimming with original frescoes and antiques. Spacious rooms with polished parquet flooring and marble bathrooms create a classic feel. Choose from formal candlelit or al fresco dining. Couples will love.ElegantSights nearby - Palazzo Strozzi is a civic city palace that once belonged to the Strozzi family.Local markets - Head to San Lorenzo Market for local food produce, leather products and art.Views - Select rooms and the roof terrace.Recommended by - Frommers, Johansens
Hermitage 28 rooms from $239Florence (Tuscany)
Centrally located boutique B&B with rooftop views of Ponte Vecchio, the Duomo and across the 'Centro storico'. Compact and elegant rooms are filled with antiques. Charming sitting room with a fully stocked bar for guests. Enjoy breakfast on the roof before exploring Florence at your leisure.Value chic - Quaint and charming rooms packed with anitques and boasting views of Florence's ancient centre, at a reasonable price tag.Local exploring - Located on the Ponte Vecchio, an ideal spot for wandering the streets of Florence and discovering her hidden treasures.Sights nearby - The famous Ponte Vecchio is 100 metres away from the front door, placing this hotel at the heart of Florence.Local markets - Food stalls, leather markets and local goods can be found in the many markets scattered across the city.Recommended by - Frommers
Marignolle Relais & Charme 10 rooms from $239Florence (Tuscany)
A wonderfully private relaxed Tuscan retreat. Chic rooms, feature fine fabrics and antique furnishings. The outdoor pool and beautiful gardens make this a ideal spot for relaxation. Enjoy an expansive breakfast on the veranda, cooking classes from expect chefs and proximity to local medieval towns.Exclusive offer - Exclusive Advanced Booking OfferLocal exploring - Surrounded by charming countryside and just 15 minutes from Florence- there are exploring opportunitites for all sorts.Value chic - Wonderfully affordable elegantly decorated rooms feature parquet floors, rich tapestries, and antique furniture.Great walks - Take a post breakfast stroll around the fragrant gardens, or head out to explore the olive groves and rolling Tuscan hills.Cooking classes - Paola runs fantastic Tuscan cooking lessons with daughter Silvia, learn to whip up your favourite dishes.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Sawdays
Riva Lofts 8 rooms from $239Florence (Tuscany)
Claudio Nardi's artist studio turned laid-back urban retreat, overlooking the Arno River. The chic lofts exude comfort and bold contemporary design. Vintage-style bicycles are available for whizzing into Florence city centre. Designer chic, a tranquil haven from the hustle bustle.Total relaxation - Chill by the pool, lounge in the gardens or throw a casual dinner party in your loft- a totally unique Florentine experience.Value chic - Stunning lofts and suites by renowned desinger Claudio Nardi are the ultimate in cutting edge style, at an affordable price.Great walks - The hotel is directly opposite the hisotric Parco delle Cascine, a 160 acre park along the River Arno.Views - Views of the Arno River.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
Villa Antea 6 rooms from $239Florence
Tranquil bed and breakfast in a lovely villa with elegant interiors in the north of the city. Spacious rooms with large sash windows, parquet flooring and antique furniture. Charming, good value and family run. In a great location for an authentic stay outside of the tourist area.City Style - A unique find with, large airy bedrooms adorned with lavish silken drapes, floor to ceiling windows and parquet floors.Great walks - The local residential area has charming winding lanes, historic villas and a small river for exploring.Sights nearby - The Duomo and Baptistery are within a twenty minute walk.Full of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
Be One 5 rooms from $240Florence
Small boutique chic hotel in central Florence. All-white rooms, suites, and a penthouse with dark oak floors and splashes of colourful modern art. Some rooms have kitchenettes, and the penthouse sleeps four. A great choice for movers and shakers or those looking for more privacy.City StyleSights nearby - Central location with most attractions within walking distanceCooking classes - Learn the ins and outs of Tuscan cuisineDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Sawdays
Gallery Hotel Art 74 rooms from $247Florence
Fabulous design hotel in central Florence. Contemporary art, high couture, and the comforts of a luxury hotel. Chic bedrooms and suites with views over Florence from private terraces. City style and art combined.ArtworksCity StyleSights nearby - Close to the Ponte Vecchio and Palazzo StrozziDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Leone Blu 9 rooms from $262Florence
Awash with opulence and grandeur, Leone Blu harks back to its medieval roots. Its rooms are lush and palatial with stunning antique decorations and frescoed ceilings reflecting the hotel's celebration of Florentine culture. Perfect for exploring the beauty and romance of Florence. A majestic gem.Romantic Break - A spoiling and indulgent city break for two, with private butlers, palatial suites, frescoed ceilings, and wonderful views.Sights nearby - Right in the heart of the city, under a ten minute walk from the Piazza della Signoria.Full of characterOpulent
Residenza d’Epoca in Piazza della Signoria 10 rooms from $286Florence (Tuscany)
Imagine waking up in Piazza della Signoria surrounded by history, comfort, frescoed ceilings, stonewalls, and parquet floors. Highly popular, family run B&B offers the true 'Florence' experience from classic rooms to delicious communal breakfast. A great choice for couples, families and groups.Sights nearby - Shares the famous Piazza della Signoria with Neptune's Fountain and the Palazzo Vecchio.Lively - On the busy Piazza Signoria.Full of characterLively area - In the thick of the action.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors
Palazzo Niccolini al Duomo 10 rooms from $288Florence
Exceptional and historic private palazzo overlooking the Duomo. Rooms and suites feature antiques, family portraits and stunning frescos. Marble bathrooms are large and impressive. Recently renovated yet authentic and full of character. A spectacular residence.Honeymoons - Take the Dome Suite with views of the Duomo, literally across the road, not to mention the hot tub and damask drapes.Sights nearby - Across the road from the Duomo, and only five minutes from the 13 century Palazzo Vecchio.Views - Spectacular views of the Duomo from suitesFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays, Fodors
Continentale 43 rooms from $309Florence
A romantically decorated hotel. And yet, it is also a catwalk for the fashionable and the desired in the heart of Florence. Light open spaces, outdoor sitting areas with magnificent views, and a luxurious spa.Elegant - Florentine architect Michele Bönan evokes harmony, simplicity, and fantasy.Views - Celestial views of Florence's skyline.Roof terrace - Magnificent Sky Lounge Bar.ChicRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Grand Hotel Villa Cora 46 rooms from $337Florence
Exclusive Baroque splendour in Florence with beautiful pool and landscaped gardens. Luxurious bedrooms and starred restaurant.Bar - Popular with locals.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Mr & Mrs Smith
Palazzo Vecchietti 14 rooms from $342Florence
15th century distinguished Palazzo named after the family that once lived here, right in the heart of Florence. Dante called it 'Paradiso'. Now divided into fourteen luxurious and exquisitely decorated suites and apartments, some with terraces, high ceilings and views. Perfect for art lovers.Walking distance restaurants - The concierge willl advise and book lunch or dinner for guests in one of Florence's many wonderful restaurantsB+B - Breakfast is served in the elegant dining room at a large oval tableSights nearby - Situated in the heart of Florence close to all major attractionsSelf catering to rent - Luxurious self-catering apatments come with small kitchenettesRecommended by - Tablet
Il Salviatino 45 rooms from $346Florence (Fiesole)
Extremely luxurious, extremely romantic. A 15th century palazzo set in the hills above Florence. Lavish bedrooms and suites with oak floors, vaulted ceilings, and artworks. A spa, restaurants, and spectacular valley views.Views - Stunning views of Florence and the Tuscan countrysideHoneymoonsRomantic BreakCooking classes - Cookery lessons available for adults and childrenRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
Antica Torre di Via Tornabuoni 24 rooms from $363Florence
Two palazzi combine to make an elegant property, discreetly tucked away on the city’s most fashionable street. Rooms are comfortably traditional yet unfussy, while the stars of the show are the roof-top terraces with stunning views over the city.Great walks - Enjoy evening walks in the Boboli gardens and the peaceful Bardini gardens.Sights nearby - Next door is the church of Santa Trinita with Ghirlandaio frescoes.Four poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.
Hotel Brunelleschi 96 rooms from $416Florence (3, Duomo)
Positioning between the Duomo and Palazzo Vecchio makes this 4* boutique a romantic hideaway in the heart of Florence. Chic rooms are spoiling with views and comfort. Be warned, proximity to some of the most famous works of art might mean you can't sleep at night! Tower Bar is popular hangout.Sights nearby - The Duomo is full to the rafters with art, gilded doors, statues as well as being the resting place of the Medici.Private Hot Tub - In the suites.Outstanding locationFull of characterRecommended by - Tablet
Hotel Lungarno 73 rooms from $457Florence (Tuscany)
Elegance and style are what encompass this fantastic hotel located right on the River Arno. Boutiquey rooms feature unique artworks yet all the amenities of a chain. The best rooms boast terraces overlooking the river. The Borgo San Jacopo Restaurant comes well recommended by all.Local markets - Leather markets, food stalls, clothes markets and more make up the streets in the summer months.Sights nearby - Ponte Vecchio is a stone marble medieval bridge over the River Arno and is closeby.Views - Views of the River Arno and the Ponte Vecchio.Outstanding location - On the River Arno.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
Villa La Massa 37 rooms from $411Florence (Candeli)
Opulence abounds at this majestic Medici villa. Within touching distance of Florence, this enchanting renaissance hotel is perfect for those looking for a luxurious way to visit the city. Relax your senses in the spa or enjoy a delicious meal overlooking the Arno. Indulgence personified.Romantic Break - Romance from a bygone age, with marble baths, antique furnishings and plush fabrics, pampering spa and lovely gardens.Country Escape - Within reach of Florence, but the stunning location in the Tuscan hills, removes one from the crowds and hassle.Great walks - Wander the charming gardens, or head further afield to explore the stunning Arno river and Chianti Valley.Sights nearby - There is a free shuttle into the centre of Florence, for those who can drag themselves away.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
JK Place Hotel 20 rooms from $428Florence (Tuscany)
A chic and sophisticated spot, in the heart of vibrant Florence. Personal touches and thoughtful details give this boutique hotel a homely feel, though it is very much five star in comfort and style. The rooftop bar and courtyard dining room are wonderful additions. A special stay!Great walks - Love sculpture and well-kept gardens? Head to Boboli Gardens for a Renaissance hot pot of sculpture.Sights nearby - Head to Piazzale Michelangelo for some breathtaking panoramic views of Florence.Designer - Interiors by designer Michele Bonan.Views - From the roof terrace.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Palazzo Magnani Feroni 12 rooms from $456Florence (Tuscany)
An magnificent Renaissance Palace, turned luxurious hotel, south of the river. Indulgently large suites are packed with frescoes, elegant antiques and historic charm. Enjoy breakfast in the courtyard or drinks on the rooftop. Manages to retain and enhance the private Palazzo feel.Honeymoons - An elegant Palazzo fit for royalty, with private butler service, champagne breakfast, palatial suites & magnificant furnishings.City Style - Each suite has a salon big enough to hold a cocktail party in, plus painted ceilings, marble fireplaces and fabulous antiques.Local markets - Explore the Medieval streets of Oltrarno, traditionally home to Florence's milliners, silk-weavers and leather-makers.Sights nearby - Five minutes walk from the historical Ponte Vecchio.Recommended by - I Escape, Johansens, Fodors
Golden Tower Hotel & Spa 27 rooms from $456Florence
A luxury boutique hotel and spa right in the centre of Florence. Gorgeous interiors keep their original charm with exposed stonework, traditional art and antique furniture. A stunning spa is the ultimate in indulgence. Dine on superb Florentine fare. Walking distance to many sights. Utterly chic.City Style - A sophisticated and grown up Florentine getaway, boasting an excellent locality, walking distance from most of the sights.Spa breaks - No expense has been spared installing this expansive spa boasting an extensive treatment list, jacuzzi and Turkish bath.Sights nearby - Florence has endless sights to visit from the famed David to the impressive Cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Johansens
Hotel Savoy, Florence 102 rooms from $514Florence
A luxurious hotel on the charming Piazza della Repubblica. The stylish contemporary suites feature a range of original artworks, private saunas and views of the Duomo. The chic on site restaurant serves up locally sourced cuisine in a trendy setting. Ultimate in city style.Elegant - Styled by Olga PolizziRestaurant - Recommended.Sights nearby - Couldn't be much closer to the Duomo, with many rooms commanding a direct view.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Helvetia & Bristol 67 rooms from $532Florence (Tuscany)
Since the mid-17th Century this charming hotel has housed the international elite in its elegant rooms and with its old-style luxury. Charming, classic styled rooms vary in size but all exude comfort. The Hostaria Bibendum offers a Mediterranean menu with a view of Piazza Strozzi. A charming stay.City Style - A unique and plush setting with period furniture, heavy drapes, and lived-in velvet sofas.Foodies - Spend an evening feasting on classic Tuscan dishes wunderkind Roberto Cordisco.Cooking classes - Special cookery packages available, master your favourite Tuscan dishes.Sights nearby - A stone's throw from the beautiful and ancient Strozzi Palace.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Fodors
Villa San Michele, Florence 46 rooms from $896Florence (Tuscany)
A charming 15th Century monastery adorned with Michelangelo facade, turned luxurious boutique hotel. The chic rooms exude old world elegance and style. Enjoy fine dining at the Michelin starred restaurant or overlooking Florence from the immaculate gardens. Totally unique.Romantic Break - A historic hotel oozing romance from every pore with deep soaking tubs, palatial fourposters and balconies overlooking the city.Foodies - From the stunning menuat the the Michelin-starred Oro Restaurant, to the private cookery school, this is foodie heaven.Cooking classes - Learn to master your favourite dishes from the hotels menu at the internationally recognised cookery school.Local markets - A free shuttle service runs to La Reppublica Square in central Florence, enjoy the best of Tuscan shopping.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Tablet
Four Seasons Firenze 116 rooms from $1011Florence
Two beautifully restored Rennaissance buildings set in an incredible 11-acre botanical garden with, high end spa and pool. Public areas showcase Renaissance art and sumptuous suites spare no expense. Think silk, velvet, marble, frescoed walls and antique furniture. Il Palagio boasts a Michelin Star.Honeymoons - Opulent Renaissance suites, dining under the stars, double spa treatments and expansive gardens for walking hand in hand.Total relaxation - Relax- this hotel will literally take care of everything from your children to the tension in your shoulders!Good wine list - The Winery serves more than 50 Italian wines by the glass and has a list of nearly 400 bottles.Restaurant - Michelin starred restaurant serves Tuscan delights.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection