- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Garda
Lake Garda offers a breathtaking variety of near-perfect views, from the chalet chic, wind swept towns of the north, under their sheer amphitheatre cliffs, past the Belle Epoque villas of the riviera stretch to the beautifully converted farmhouses and spa towns of the Mediterranean feeling south. The best luxury hotels on Lake Garda can be found dotted all over the lake’s shores; a collection of beauties offering perfection for everyone - whatever your taste.
Our Guru’s recommendations for the best luxury hotels on Lake Garda include traditional villas with decorations to impress the Tzars, contemporary offerings chic enough for James Bond, who’s been known to swing by in this or that sports car, to five-stars-but-pared-back properties which let the lake views speak for themselves.
The Best Luxury Hotels on Lake Garda
For Lake Views
- The Villa Giulia is a handsome Victorian villa right on the water’s edge at Gargnano. It has 23 light, airy bedrooms and some lovely original decorations. Between the villa and the lake are beautiful, fragrant gardens. A peaceful villa with spectacular views.
- The Locanda San Vigilio is an elegant, 14 room hotel owned and run by an Italian count! It’s been a hotel for 500 years and it’s immaculately decorated with antiques and beautiful objets. The hotel even has it’s own Emporium where you can buy beautiful things. Right on the lake at Garda.
For Traditional Luxury
- The Villa Feltrinelli is another beautiful aristocratic villa conversion, with 21 rooms boasting authentically restored interiors, antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. There’s also a Michelin starred restaurant.
- The Villa Cortine Palace in Sirmione is a grand, old fashioned villa hotel, with 54 rooms and an absolutely splendid setting. The rooms are Art Deco in style with some beautiful frescoes and antiques, plus there’s a private jetty, a lovely swimming pool and neoclassical landscaped gardens all around.
- Gardone Riviera’s Villa Fiordaliso is a grand, 19th Century Liberty-style villa with beautiful, historic interiors and a gourmet restaurant. There are just five rooms, which are traditional but timeless, and all with beautiful views of the lake. There’s also Michelin starred dining and lovely gardens and terraces.
- The LIdo Palace is a five star resort perfectly positioned in Riva del Garda, between lovely Lake Garda and the mountains. The stunning Liberty villa has ben converted into a 42 room hotel with contemporary designer flair. There’s a fabulous spa, extensive grounds and a gourmet restaurant.
- The Bella Riva in Gardone Riviera is a beautifully positioned hotel with 23 contemporary rooms and suites. There’s also an excellent restaurant, bar and a good pool. And the hotel has great watersports facilities, which means it’s ideal for families.
- The Locanda San Verolo has been converted from an 18th Century farm house, and now has 12 rustic chic bedrooms, two heavenly pools - one for adults and one for children - and fragrant gardens. There’s a great restaurant and you’re just outside the beautiful medieval town of San Verolo.
For Affordable Luxury
- Originally built for the imperial family, the Grand Hotel Fasano in Gardone Riviera is an historic grand hotel in a privileged lakeside position. The architecture is romantic with fairytale turrets and lovely details, but its private terraces, pebbly beach, spa and tennis courts mean it works for families too. The 76 rooms start from around £100 per night.
- The Villa Cordevigo is a palatial 18th Century villa surrounded by formal gardens and parkland just ten kilometres from Lake Garda and about five kilometres from Bardolino. The 23 rooms are decorated in the Venetian style, with period furniture and original fireplaces. And there’s a traditional Italian restaurant.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best luxury hotels on Lake Garda might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda,
- or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies?
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Villa Feltrinelli 21 rooms from £833Gargnano
Ultimate luxury lakeside hotel in an historic house. Like staying in a private home, full of aristocratic heritage, with restored interiors and antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. Gourmet dining, a perfect honeymoon escape for those that can afford it.Romantic Break - The ultimate treat for yourself and a loved oneGreat walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes nearbySwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Heated PoolSights nearby - Verona just 1 hour awayRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Grand Hotel Fasano 76 rooms from £105Gardone Riviera
An historic grand hotel originally built for the imperial family. Its privileged lakeside position and romantic architecture make it the ideal spot for a honeymoon or romantic holiday. Fairytale turrets, terraces, private pebble beach, spa, tennis court and sumptuous rooms. Heavenly.Romantic - You couldn't stay in a more fairytale setting on the lake's edge.Views - Stunning views over the lake.Lakeside - On the edge of Lake Garda.Romantic Break
Villa Cordevigo 23 rooms from £162Cavaion Veronese,, Lake Garda
An 18th century palatial villa just 10km from Lake Garda, with formal Italian gardens and parkland. Rooms are decorated in a Venetian style with period furniture, high ceilings and original stone fire places. The restaurant favours traditional dishes with local produce. A stunning Italian estate.Sights nearby - The perfect base from which to explore both Lake Garda and Verona.Full of characterSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorSpaRecommended by - Tablet
Locanda San Verolo 12 rooms from £171Costermano, Lake Garda
A beautifully converted 18th-century farm, outside the medieval village of San Verolo. The restaurant heaves with happy customers every evening, testimony to the incredible food. Rustic chic bedrooms with vibrant walls and crisp white sheets. Heavenly pools and fragrant gardens seal the deal.Restaurant - Recommended.Great walks - Explore the the medieval village of San Verolo and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Sailing courses can be booked at the Garda Naval LeagueSwimming Pool - Two outdoor pools: one for adults, one for children
Bella Riva 23 rooms from £167Gardone Riviera
Dreamily positioned with views over Lake Garda. Contemporary, but still classic, hotel with fabulous rooms and suites, excellent restaurant, bar and pool. Fantastic watersports and activities. A great choice for families, an outdoor holiday, or a romantic break.Lakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaActive HolidayViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Villa Fiordaliso 5 rooms from £17525083 Gardone Riviera
Very romantic and grand late 19th century, Liberty-style villa with historic interiors and gourmet food. Timeless, traditional rooms with antiques, lakeside views, and lovely gardens and terrace. Intimate and refined.Sights nearby - Vittoriale degli italiani the architecturally fascinating hillside estate in the town is only a 15 minute walk away.Great walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes on the property grounds and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Rent a boat and head out on the lake, the perfect way to explore the shore.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Locanda San Vigilio 14 rooms from £237Garda
Elegant and intimate lakeside hotel, full of character, owned and run by an Italian count. A hotel for 500 years, the property is right on the waterside in a charming location, full of antiques and objets. A very special and relaxed place to stay.Views - Wonderful views of LakeLocal markets - The hotel has its own Emporium where you can buy prints of drawings by Venetian artists, painted ceramics and fabrics.Great walks - Wander along the Cypress shaded avenue to the Parco Baia delle Sirene.Sailing - Charter a boat for hire from Lega Navale, just 2 km down the road.Recommended by - Johansens
Villa Giulia, Gargnano 23 rooms from £276Gargnano
Handsome Victorian villa right on the water's edge. Light and airy bedrooms with original decorative flourishes and antiques. Fragrant gardens sloping down to the lakeside. Its unassuming and sophisticated charm transports one to another time.Literary - DH Lawrence stayed on the lake for months at a time and would write the final version of Sons and Lovers here.Great walks - The beautifully maintained gardens are a feast for the senses with bougainvillea, climbing roses, olive and lemon trees.Sights nearby - Gargnano, one of the few villages on the Lake that still maintains its original structures, is only one km away.Views - Magnificent Lakeside views
Villa Cortine Palace 54 rooms from £389Sirmione
Grand and charmingly old-fashioned villa hotel with a splendid setting in pretty Sirmione. Lovely lakeside gardens, grand 30s style bedrooms, frescos and antiques. Private swimming jetty and lovely pool. Super romantic, if you like historic charm.Garden - The hotel boasts a five hectar garden with fountains, neoclassical statues and natural terraces overlooking the lake.Great walks - Wander the huge five acre gardens that surround the property, with elegant landscaping and wonderful statues.Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor swimming pool with outstanding lake views.Opulent
LIdo Palace 42 rooms from £445Riva del Garda
Five Star luxury on the shores of Lake Garda and at the foot of mountains and nature reserve. Stunning liberty building is home to designer contemporary flair - rooms and suites have all glass walls, modern gadgets, huge beds, and stand alone bathtubs. Fabulous spa, gourmet restaurant and grounds.FoodiesHoneymoonsViews - Great views from hotel5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith