- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
The Best Hotels on Lake Garda for Foodies
Known for being beautiful and atmospheric, romantic and fun, Lake Garda is also a delicious destination! The picturesque towns, villages and hamlets around the lake’s edge have a hefty smattering of cafes and restaurants and the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies have their own restaurants, some of them Michelin starred.
Pizza, pasta, plenty of fresh seafood, local olives and olive oils, polenta, local citrus fruits are all on the menu, with all the local wines to match, from Merlot, Cabernet, Nosiola, Bardolino and Vin Santo. The lake is bordered by three distinct regions, Lombardy, Veneto and Trentino Alto-Adige, and they all have much to contribute to the flavours you’ll find on your plate. The best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies are a great place to start planning your ‘food-yssey’, many will be able to point you in the right direction as far as cooking classes and wine tastings are concerned as well.
The Best Hotels on Lake Garda for Foodies
With a View to Match
- The Villa Giulia is a handsome Victorian villa right on the water’s edge in Gargnano, with 23 light, airy bedrooms and some lovely original decorations. Between the villa and the lake are beautiful, fragrant gardens. The villa is peaceful and the views are spectacular.
- Salò’s Hotel Laurin is a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites, also right on the shores of Lake Garda. Converted from an elegant 20th Century villa, guests can expect parquet floors, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant.
The Most Romantic Hotels on Lake Garda for Foodies
- The Villa Fiordaliso, right by the lake in Gardone Riviera, is a grand 19th Century Liberty-style villa with beautiful, historic interiors and a gourmet restaurant. There are just five rooms, which are traditional but timeless, and all with beautiful views of the lake. There’s also Michelin starred dining and lovely gardens and terraces.
- The Villa Feltrinelli in Gargnano is another incredibly beautiful aristocratic villa conversion, with 21 rooms boasting carefully restored interiors filled with antiques, sumptuous fabrics and paintings. Plus a Michelin starred restaurant.
- The Villa Arcadio in Salò is a fabulous stone villa perched on top of a hill and offering panoramic views from its 18 bedrooms and suites. Simply decorated, with bare stone walls and the occasional hint of a fresco, there’s a lovely swimming pool and gardens and a fantastic restaurant and terrace.
The Best Hotels for Active Foodies
- The LIdo Palace is a five star resort perfectly positioned between lovely Lake Garda and the mountains. The stunning Liberty villa has been converted into a 42 room hotel with contemporary designer flair. There’s a fabulous spa, extensive grounds and a gourmet restaurant.
- Right on the shore in Salò, the Hotel Bellerive is a charming mid-sized hotel with 46 large, stylish rooms plus an outdoor pool, a fantastic Italian concept restaurant, and sailing and golfing opportunities nearby.
The Best Value Hotels for Foodies
- Osteria Antico Brolo in Gardone Riviera is a gorgeous restaurant with four chic, all-white rooms and suites you can stay in. Private and comfortable, and very good value, with rooms starting from around £60 per night.
- Also in Gardone Riviera, the Locanda Agli Angeli is a similar offering, a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda,
- or refine by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione, or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Laurin 30 rooms from £123Salò
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday.Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Villa Giulia, Gargnano 23 rooms from £276Gargnano
Handsome Victorian villa right on the water's edge. Light and airy bedrooms with original decorative flourishes and antiques. Fragrant gardens sloping down to the lakeside. Its unassuming and sophisticated charm transports one to another time.Literary - DH Lawrence stayed on the lake for months at a time and would write the final version of Sons and Lovers here.Great walks - The beautifully maintained gardens are a feast for the senses with bougainvillea, climbing roses, olive and lemon trees.Sights nearby - Gargnano, one of the few villages on the Lake that still maintains its original structures, is only one km away.Views - Magnificent Lakeside views
Hotel Bellerive, Salo 46 rooms from £131Salò (Lake Garda)
A delightful hotel overlooking Lake Garda. Large stylish rooms and apartments, many with views. Outdoor pool, and fantastic Italian concept cuisine. Sailing, golf and opera nearby. Gourmet, family friendly, all in a romantic location.Foodies - Restaurant '100km' is a concept by Fred Plotkin, using products sourced within this distance. Olive oil & wine tours and tastingFamilies - Apartments are big enough for the whole family, with kitchens to make picnics. Boat trips on Lake Garda, swimming and cyclingSights nearby - Brescia and Verona, between Venice and Milan, between the Dolomites and the seaSailing - Minutes from the hotel
Villa Arcadio 18 rooms from £211Salò
A fabulous stone villa with spectacular views over Lake Garda from its hilltop perch. Bedrooms and one suite are simply decorated with bare stone walls and glimpses of frescoes. Fantastic restaurant and terrace, swimming pool, and gardens around. Romantic, traditional, gourmet.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaActive HolidayRomantic BreakLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Villa Fiordaliso 5 rooms from £17525083 Gardone Riviera
Very romantic and grand late 19th century, Liberty-style villa with historic interiors and gourmet food. Timeless, traditional rooms with antiques, lakeside views, and lovely gardens and terrace. Intimate and refined.Sights nearby - Vittoriale degli italiani the architecturally fascinating hillside estate in the town is only a 15 minute walk away.Great walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes on the property grounds and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Rent a boat and head out on the lake, the perfect way to explore the shore.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Villa Feltrinelli 21 rooms from £833Gargnano
Ultimate luxury lakeside hotel in an historic house. Like staying in a private home, full of aristocratic heritage, with restored interiors and antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. Gourmet dining, a perfect honeymoon escape for those that can afford it.Romantic Break - The ultimate treat for yourself and a loved oneGreat walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes nearbySwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Heated PoolSights nearby - Verona just 1 hour awayRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Osteria Antico Brolo 4 rooms from £61Gardone Riviera
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base!Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&B.Local exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaSailing - Spend a day sailing on Lake GardaSights nearby - The town of Gardone Riviera
Locanda Agli Angeli 9 rooms from £70Gardone Riviera
Charming restaurant with rooms near to Lake Garda. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds, white linens, wooden beams, and white washed walls. The restaurant serves excellent local food and there's also a small pool. Excellent value, family friendly.Value chicFour poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional