- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
The Best Hotels with a View on Lake Garda
The challenge in recommending the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda is in refining your list so that it’s not an epic poem marvelling at the wonder of the place. Many poets and writers have loved her, and lived in and on her, and there are some seriously colourful soliloquies to her, from the likes of Tennyson and D.H. Lawrence, to Goethe and the Roman poet, Catullus. And many lakeside properties have rooms named in their honour. But that’s not going to help you choose unless we can refine the list…
Not all views are created equal, and some towns, like Sirmione, Gardone Riviera and Salò, seem to have the very best of the best as far as position goes, so quite a number of properties on our Guru’s final list of the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda come from these towns. But there should be something for everyone on our list, because having the most spectacular views of Lake Garda doesn’t have to come with a hefty price tag or a ‘no kids’ sign.
The Best Hotels with a View on Lake Garda
For lakeside position
- The Bellevue San Lorenzo on the water in Malcesine, is a late 19th century Belle Epoque villa turned 52 room hotel. As well as being surrounded by beautiful grounds and having lovely lake views, the villa has an outdoor pool, fitness centre and spa.
- Beautifully positioned right on the water at Gardone Riviera, Bella Riva has 23 contemporary rooms and suites, an excellent restaurant and bar and a very nice pool. And the hotel has great watersports facilities.
- Hotel du Lac is located right by the water, on the outskirts of Gargnano. It has just twelve classically styled bedrooms (six with lake view and balcony), and stunning views across the lake towards the Monte Baldo mountain range.
- Sirmione’s Villa Cortine Palace is a grand, old fashioned villa hotel, with 54 rooms and an absolutely splendid setting on a spit of land jutting into the lake. The rooms are grand, and Art Deco in style, with some beautiful frescoes and antiques, and there’s a private jetty, a lovely swimming pool and lush neoclassical landscaped gardens all around.
- The Villa Feltrinelli in Gargnano is a beautiful aristocratic villa conversion, with 21 rooms boasting restored interiors crammed with antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. There’s also a Michelin starred restaurant., and views to die for! The perfect honeymoon hotel for anyone who can afford it.
The Most Romantic Hotels with a View on Lake Garda
- The lakeside Locanda San Vigilio in Garda is an elegant, 14 room hotel owned and run by an Italian count! It’s been a hotel for 500 years and is immaculately decorated with antiques and beautiful objets. The hotel even has it’s own Emporium where you can buy beautiful things.
- Gardone Riviera’s Villa Fiordaliso is a grand 19th Century Liberty-style villa with beautiful, historic interiors and a gourmet restaurant. There are just five rooms, which are traditional but timeless, and all with wonderful views of the lake. There’s also Michelin starred dining and lovely gardens and terraces.
- Salò’s Villa Arcadio isn’t right on the water, it’s on the lake’s slopes so the views are panoramic. A wonderful stone villa converted into an 18 room hotel, and decorated simply, with bare stone walls and just glimpses of frescoes, the villa also has a fantastic gourmet-yet-traditional restaurant, a lovely terrace, a pool and gardens.
- The Hotel Laurin is a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites, right on the shores of Lake Garda in Salò. Converted from an elegant 20th Century villa, guests can expect parquet floods, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant. And of course fabulous views!
- Also right on the water in Salò, the Hotel Bellerive is a charming mid-sized hotel with 46 large, stylish rooms plus an outdoor pool, a fantastic Italian concept restaurant, and sailing and golfing opportunities nearby.
- For a great value family friendly option consider the Hotel Castello in Malcesine. It’s a small, contemporary hotel right on the lake - guests have their own private beach. Some rooms have private balconies overlooking the water, and there’s a lovely terrace and restaurant. Romantic but also family friendly and around £100 per night.
For great value
- Hotel Gardenia al Lago is sitauted just outside Gargnano and offers superb value for money in its seven classically styled rooms - standard doubles start from as little as €100 per night including breakfast.
- Gardesana, in the picturesque fishing village of Torri del Benaco, has 34 simple, comfortable rooms, great views and excellent food. It’s also wonderful value (and quite romantic), with rooms starting from under £100 per night.
- Originally built for the imperial family, the Grand Hotel Fasano is an historic grand hotel in a privileged lakeside position in Gardone Riviera. The architecture is romantic with fairytale turrets and lovely details, but its private terraces, pebbly beach, spa and tennis courts mean it’s also a good choice for families. The 76 rooms start from around £100 per night.
- Or there’s the Hotel Catullo in postcard perfect Sirmione, a great value hotel with 56 rooms starting from around £100 per night. There are lovely terraces right on the edge of the lake and a private jetty with direct lake access, plus there’s a very nice pool. It’s also very family friendly.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- refine your search to the best luxury hotels on Lake Garda,
- or refine by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione, or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Gardenia al Lago 25 rooms from £105Villa di Gargnano
An elegant villa overlooking Lake Garda. Edwardian style rooms with antiques, frescoes, views and all the mod cons. Sun terrace, beach and Italian dishes. Exquisite views across the lake, and lots of activities nearby. An understated but very romantic choice for a weekend of exploring.Active Holiday - Activities on the lake: sailing, diving, kayaking. On dry land, choice of walking tours and riding, plus fishing in Lake GardaSights nearby - Boat trips to Bogliaco, Palazzo Bettoni, Gargnano, Palazzo Feltrinelli, Villa Feltrinelli, and the Santella dei Pescatori.Great walks - Hundreds of paths; slope up to San Valentino Hermitage; Santelle tour; D.H. Lawerence tracksSailing - Historic Gargano's Sailing Club; Garda Yachting CharterRecommended by - Sawdays
Hotel du Lac, Gargnano 12 rooms from £105Villa di Gargnano
A charming family owned and run small hotel overlooking Lake Garda, just outside Gargnano. The twelve rooms (six with lake view and balcony) are traditional in style and feature period furnishings and antiques that perfectly complement the 19th century building. A welcoming understated stay.Local exploring - Gargnano is a great base for exploring all of Lake GardaLakeside - Right on the shores of Lake GardaGreat walks - There are lots of paths for walkers of all abilities and once a week the hotel hosts a guided excursionSpa - Wellness treatments can be booked at the sister hotel Gardenia al Lago
Villa Cortine Palace 54 rooms from £389Sirmione
Grand and charmingly old-fashioned villa hotel with a splendid setting in pretty Sirmione. Lovely lakeside gardens, grand 30s style bedrooms, frescos and antiques. Private swimming jetty and lovely pool. Super romantic, if you like historic charm.Garden - The hotel boasts a five hectar garden with fountains, neoclassical statues and natural terraces overlooking the lake.Great walks - Wander the huge five acre gardens that surround the property, with elegant landscaping and wonderful statues.Swimming Pool - Heated outdoor swimming pool with outstanding lake views.Opulent
Bellevue San Lorenzo 52 rooms from £172Malcesine
Popular belle epoque villa with lovely grounds overlooking the lake. Five Italian Villas with simple traditional rooms. Highlights include outdoor pool, fitness centre and small relaxation spa. Good value for a stunning spot.Views - Wonderful views of Lake Garda.Great walks - Walk along the promenade to the picturesque Val di Sogno, a superb spot for lake bathing and water sports.Local markets - Malcesine’s Saturday market is not to be missed, with a range of local produce from food to soaps.Sailing - Rent a boat and sail around Lake Garna, explore the shores and take in the sights.
Villa Feltrinelli 21 rooms from £833Gargnano
Ultimate luxury lakeside hotel in an historic house. Like staying in a private home, full of aristocratic heritage, with restored interiors and antiques, beautiful fabrics and paintings. Gourmet dining, a perfect honeymoon escape for those that can afford it.Romantic Break - The ultimate treat for yourself and a loved oneGreat walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes nearbySwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor Heated PoolSights nearby - Verona just 1 hour awayRecommended by - Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Bella Riva 23 rooms from £167Gardone Riviera
Dreamily positioned with views over Lake Garda. Contemporary, but still classic, hotel with fabulous rooms and suites, excellent restaurant, bar and pool. Fantastic watersports and activities. A great choice for families, an outdoor holiday, or a romantic break.Lakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaActive HolidayViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Villa Arcadio 18 rooms from £211Salò
A fabulous stone villa with spectacular views over Lake Garda from its hilltop perch. Bedrooms and one suite are simply decorated with bare stone walls and glimpses of frescoes. Fantastic restaurant and terrace, swimming pool, and gardens around. Romantic, traditional, gourmet.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaActive HolidayRomantic BreakLocal markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Villa Fiordaliso 5 rooms from £17525083 Gardone Riviera
Very romantic and grand late 19th century, Liberty-style villa with historic interiors and gourmet food. Timeless, traditional rooms with antiques, lakeside views, and lovely gardens and terrace. Intimate and refined.Sights nearby - Vittoriale degli italiani the architecturally fascinating hillside estate in the town is only a 15 minute walk away.Great walks - Plenty of scenic walking routes on the property grounds and surrounding countryside.Sailing - Rent a boat and head out on the lake, the perfect way to explore the shore.Views - Stunning views over Lake GardaRecommended by - Relais & Chateaux, Fodors
Locanda San Vigilio 14 rooms from £237Garda
Elegant and intimate lakeside hotel, full of character, owned and run by an Italian count. A hotel for 500 years, the property is right on the waterside in a charming location, full of antiques and objets. A very special and relaxed place to stay.Views - Wonderful views of LakeLocal markets - The hotel has its own Emporium where you can buy prints of drawings by Venetian artists, painted ceramics and fabrics.Great walks - Wander along the Cypress shaded avenue to the Parco Baia delle Sirene.Sailing - Charter a boat for hire from Lega Navale, just 2 km down the road.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
Hotel Bellerive, Salo 46 rooms from £131Salò (Lake Garda)
A delightful hotel overlooking Lake Garda. Large stylish rooms and apartments, many with views. Outdoor pool, and fantastic Italian concept cuisine. Sailing, golf and opera nearby. Gourmet, family friendly, all in a romantic location.Foodies - Restaurant '100km' is a concept by Fred Plotkin, using products sourced within this distance. Olive oil & wine tours and tastingFamilies - Apartments are big enough for the whole family, with kitchens to make picnics. Boat trips on Lake Garda, swimming and cyclingSights nearby - Brescia and Verona, between Venice and Milan, between the Dolomites and the seaSailing - Minutes from the hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel Laurin 30 rooms from £123Salò
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday.Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Hotel Castello 36 rooms from £107Malcesine
A small contemporary hotel on the edge of Lake Garda. Contemporary chic rooms, some with private balconies overlooking the lake. Excellent restaurant and terrace and its own private pebble beach with deck chairs. An good value spot for a romantic holiday, family friendly too.Views - Stunning lake views.Value chicSailing - Can be booked nearby.Diving - Good diving nearby.
Grand Hotel Fasano 76 rooms from £211Gardone Riviera
An historic grand hotel originally built for the imperial family. Its privileged lakeside position and romantic architecture make it the ideal spot for a honeymoon or romantic holiday. Fairytale turrets, terraces, private pebble beach, spa, tennis court and sumptuous rooms. Heavenly.Romantic - You couldn't stay in a more fairytale setting on the lake's edge.Views - Stunning views over the lake.Lakeside - On the edge of Lake Garda.Romantic Break
Gardesana 34 rooms from £96Torri del Benaco
Excellent food and comfortable, simple rooms in Garda's showpiece fishing village. Perfectly positioned in a charming little port, it's a very romantic spot for a good value break. Homely and ideal for local exploring.Local exploring - Central location perfect for exploring Lake Garda and its surroundsFishing - Fishing excursions nearbySights nearby - Verona 40 minutes driveSailing - Sailing on offer nearby
Hotel Catullo 56 rooms from £105Sirmione Brescia, NOT TO SHOW
Excellent value, excellent views. A small hotel with comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and terraces on the edge of Lake Garda. Family friendly.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicOn the beach - Private jetty with direct access to the lakeSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller