The 4 best hotels in Cais do Sodre
Cais do Sodre is a hip riverside district offering both superb dining options and a good dose of culture. Home to the 19th century Mercado da Ribeira, Lisbon's largest food market, it is no wonder that so many exciting new restaurants have sprung up in the area. Meanwhile, the Praça de São Paulo, is a beautiful area to explore showcasing some lovely 19th and 20th century architecture (the São Paulo church is particularly worth a visit for its beautifully painted ceilings). Beyond impressive architecture, trendy restaurants and chic riverside bars there are also some exciting galleries to explore such as the contemporary Allarts Gallery. The best hotels in Cais do Sodre tend to be contemporary boutique-y affairs set in historic renovated buildings.
The 4 best hotels in Cais do Sodre
For Boutique Chic
- AlmaLusa is an understatedly luxurious hotel tucked away in a central but quiet square. The building's original 18th-century features are combined with a cool, monochrome palette, and a modern concierge service.
- Pousada de Lisboa boasts elegant contemporary rooms featuring chandeliers, dark polished parquet floors and crisp white linens. Dine on excellent cuisine in the atmospheric restaurant complete with vaulted ceiling. A superb base for city exploring.
- LX Boutique Hotel is a townhouse property with contemporary styled rooms offering stunning coastal views. Well-placed for enjoying the city’s best sights and nightlife. Plush rooms, a superb restaurant and an unbeatable location all combine to create a formidable hotel.
- Martinhal Chiado is a stylish hotel, in the heart of Lisbon, perfect for family centred fun. Set in a beautiful townhouse, the suites are superbly designed maximising space, light and comfort. A well equipped kids club will have the children distracted for hours, whilst the parents explore the city.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Lisbon
- or consider our Guru’s collection of the 6 Best Hotels in Alfama or the 4 Best Hotels in Chiado.
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly gurus for advice.
LX Boutique Hotel Lisbon 68 rooms from £121Romantic Break - Featuring plush rooms and beautiful views, it's perfect for a romantic break in Lisbon.Sights nearby - Ten minutes walk from Lisbon Cathedral, Praça do Comércio and Igreja de São Roque.Local markets - Two minutes walk from Mercado da Ribeira.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
This centrally located townhouse hotel with a bold blue-and-white colour scheme and contemporary style rooms has stunning river views. Well-placed for enjoying the city’s best sights and nightlife. Plush rooms, a superb restaurant and an unbeatable location all combine to create a formidable hotel. See More
Martinhal Chiado Lisbon 37 rooms from £188Families - The spacious self-catering apartmenets are designed with families in mind, as is the funky kids club!City Style - A cool contemporary hotel, with sleek interiors and bold design- right in the heart of Lisbon.Sights nearby - Visit the nearby Jeronimos Monastery.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.
A stylish hotel, in the heart of Lisbon, perfect for family centred fun. Set in beautiful townhouse, the suites are superbly designed maximising space, light and comfort. A well equipped kids club will have the kids distracted for hours, whilst the parents explore the city. See More
AlmaLusa Lisbon 28 rooms from £196Romantic Break - Superb accommodation, excellent cuisine and one of Europe's most romantic cities on your doorstep-the ideal choice!Local exploring - Situated in the heart of Lisbon, Alma Lusa is the perfect base from which to get to know the cityLocal markets - Check out the TimeOut market, a unique food and cultural experience created by the magazine's editorial curationGreat walks - Meander through the iconic narrow sloping streets of Bairo Alto getting a feel for Lisbon's ambianceRecommended by - Tablet
Pousada de Lisboa Lisbon (Santa Maria Maior) 90 rooms from £256City Style - Housed in an opulent 18th-century sunflower-yellow Pombaline building, bursting with character, style and indulgent decadence.Local exploring - Well posisitioned within walking distance to many of the cities' major attractions.Full of character - Elegant decor in the best of traditional style, chandeliers add glamour maintaining the palacial grandeur.Sights nearby - Visit the ancient cathedral or the Church of St Anthony just a short walk from the hotel.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet
An impressive Pousada boasting a fabulous central location. Elegant contemporary rooms feature chandeliers, dark polished parquet flooring and crisp white linens. Dine on excellent cuisine in the atmospheric restaurant complete with vaulted ceiling. A superb base for city exploring. See More