The 10 Best Hotels in Staré Mesto, Prague
One of the challenges of working out where to stay in Prague is that there are three distinct and incompatible systems in use to delineate the various parts of the city. The oldest system separates Prague into ten districts, with Praha 1 being the oldest part of the city, and where the majority of Prague’s highlights can be found. Praha 2 has some important historic sites too, but Praha 1 encompasses the Old Town or Staré Mesto. And if you want to be within walking distance of almost all of Prague’s main attractions then you’ll want to stay in one of the places appearing on our Guru’s list of the 10 best hotels in Staré Mesto.
The other parts of Praha 1, Nové Mesto, Malá Strana and Hradčany, are also very conveniently located, but Staré Mesto is where you’ll find Prague’s UNESCO Heritage Listed Old Town Square, the Charles Bridge, the Astronomical Clock and the Old Town Hall, the Convent of St Agnes with its incredible Gothic altarpieces, the Jan Hus monument, the Mucha Museum and the Museum of Communism. And of course some seriously stunning architecture, from medieval treasures to elegant art nouveau and cubist facades, and grand Gothic to ornate baroque... it’s all here. Along with the gentle Vltava, castle views and a really, really, really wide range of local beer!
The Best Hotel Views in Staré Mesto
- The Four Seasons Prague is a luxurious option, with its 157 rooms spread through three buildings, one Classical in style, one Renaissance, and one Baroque. The views of the castle and the river will really help you enjoy the beauty of this city for your entire stay. And the decor has plenty of charm too. There’s also a hip restaurant.
- The Emblem Hotel is a simpler affair, but its rooftop terrace and spa is fantastic. The location couldn’t be much better and the 59 rooms and suites offer all the mod. cons. with clean lines, bold fabrics and the latest technology.
Top Chic Hotels in Staré Mesto
- The Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague is an ‘urban resort’ set in an historic building in the heart of Prague. There are 38 good sized rooms and a lovely oriental spa - the whole place has a contemporary Asian interior feel. The cuisine is Pan-Asian too, and the lounge has live DJs.
- The Hotel Josef is a contemporary design hotel with 109 naturally lit rooms decorated in a minimalist style. The bathrooms are luxurious, the bar is trendy and there’s a peaceful courtyard.
The Best Historic Hotels in Staré Mesto
- The Iron Gate Hotel & Suites is in the Jewish Quarter, in the heart of the Old Town, and offers accommodation in large rooms and suites with lots of traditional charm.
The Most Romantic Hotels in Staré Mesto
- The Dominican Hotel is a 27 room property with a traditional facade and romantic decor - think wooden floors and beams, and chandeliers. There’s a restaurant specialising in local cuisine.
The Best Value Hotels in Staré Mesto
- The Maximilian Hotel occupies an elegant building built in the 20s, and has fairly minimalist decor in its 71 rooms. The views are great and there’s a spa. Rooms start from around €100 per night.
- The Unitas Hotel is traditional inn-style property in the Old Town with 22 comfortable, understated rooms, lots of space and bags of charisma. There’s a charming courtyard with a lovely cafe.
Still not sure which to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Prague.
- Or you could consider our Guru’s collection of the 6 Best Hotels in Nové Mesto, the 10 Best Hotels in Malá Strana or 3 Best Hotels in Hradčany.
- Alternatively, contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Four Seasons Prague Prague (Praha 1) 157 rooms from £264Foodies - The achingly hip Cotto Crudo served up a variety of raw foods, as well as a wonderful tasting menus with pairings.City Style - An elegant hotel set in three historic buildings overlooking the Vltava River and Charles Bridge.Great walks - Wander the streets of the Old Town Square and Jewish Quarter just outside the hotel.Sights nearby - No visit to the city is complete without a trip to the fairytale Prague Castle.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Fodors
Luxury hotel encompassing three buildings of Classical, Renaissance, and Baroque origin, in Prague's Old Town. Magnificent architecture meets elegant interiors. Stunning castle and river views and luxurious rooms with state of the art technology. Ideally placed for an indulgent stay in Prague. See More
The Emblem Hotel Prague 59 rooms from £122Spa - The Pure Altitude Spa is at the top of the hotel with spectacular views over the roof tops of PragueRoof terrace - The hot tub on the roof terrace has amazing views the city and Hradcany castleRestaurant - American steakhouse restaurant on siteViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet
Boutique urban hotel right in the centre of Prague a short walk to the old town square and Charles Bridge. Rooms & suites offer clean lines, bold fabrics, & the latest technology including in-room tablets. Terrific rooftop spa with views over the city. Ideal spot for pleasure or business. See More
Buddha-Bar Hotel Prague Prague 38 rooms from £217City Style - A trendy hotel marrying the sleek style and lively nightlife of the Buddha-Bar brand with luxurious suites and service.Sights nearby - Walking distance to the Royal Palace, Old Town Square, Wenceslas Square and the Jewish Quarter.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterRecommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
An urban resort boasting contemporary Asian interior design with French colonial influence, set in a historical building in the heart of Prague. Large lavish rooms and a lovely oriental spa for complete relaxation. Enjoy the Pan-Asian cuisine and live DJ sets in the lounge. A chic choice. See More
Hotel Josef Prague 109 rooms from £99City Style - A design hotel by celebrated Czech architect Eva Jiricna, with uber modern interiors right in the heart of Prague.Great walks - The well informed staff lead a jog around the Old Town on Tuesday and Friday mornings.Sights nearby - Close to the Charles Bridge, Tyn Church, Republic Square and Prague Castle.Views - Great views from hotelRecommended by - I Escape, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Iron Gate Hotel & Suites Prague 48 rooms from £112Sights nearby - Josefov, the old Jewish Quarter. Situated in the heart of the Old TownLocal markets - Charles Bridge, Nové Mesto.Great walks - Petrin Hill.TraditionalRecommended by - I Escape, CN Traveller
Dominican Hotel Prague 27 rooms from £115Romantic BreakSights nearby - Close to all major sights including Charles Bridge, Prague Castle, Wenceslav Square, National Theatre and Powder Tower.Local markets - Good for local colour.Romantic - Good for couples.
A seriously charming hotel in Prague's Old Town. A traditional facade on a cobbled street houses romantic bedrooms and a restaurant serving local cuisine. Huge rooms have creamy furnishings, wooden floors and beams, and chandeliers. Romantic, excellent value, and traditional. See More
Maximilian Hotel Prague 71 rooms from £99Sights nearby - Within easy access of Prague Castle, the famous Charles Bridge, the Old Town Square and the Jewish Quarter.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Elegant 1920s building with modern interior decor. Hip minimalist rooms feature glass partitions to the bathroom. Excellent breakfasts and a spoiling spa for completely unwinding. Wonderful views over Prague's main cultural attractions. Well positioned to make the most of the city. See More
Unitas Hotel Prague 22 rooms from £103Sights nearby - Easy access to all Prague's major attractionsLocal markets - Good for local colour.Traditional