- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Rural Hotels On Ibiza
Although it is renowned for its clubbing and beach scene, Ibiza has a beautiful interior, with plenty of trees, plants and birdlife to discover. In early spring, for example, you will be rewarded with clouds of almond blossom. Our guide to the best rural hotels on Ibiza will help you select the perfect hidden gem for your Balearic getaway.
It’s in the inland villages that you will find a more authentic Ibiza. Many of the villages, such as San Miguel de Balansat and San Llorenc, are clustered around fine churches. Here you will find a quieter pace of life as well as fine views. Equally, choosing one of the best rural hotels on Ibiza, means you can enjoy all the excitement of the coastal resorts and beaches, and then, at the end of the day, retreat to a peaceful hideaway.
The best rural hotels on Ibiza
For great value
- With a mix of exposed stone and whitewashed walls, the eight rooms of Can Domo, a converted farmhouse, offer simple rustic-chic and total relaxation. Hilltop views, quiet pool and beautiful gardens, too.
- Surrounded by lush gardens with olive and almond trees - plus a beautiful pool - and with a backdrop of mountains, the 200-year-old farmhouse Agro Can Gall is nicely tucked away. Rooms are cool with wooden beams, white-washed walls and country furnishings.
- The small, traditional farmhouse of Vinya d’en Palerm, surrounded by vineyards and orchards of fig and carob, offers simple but comfortable rooms, a lovely pool and bicycles for exploring.
- A romantic retreat, with French-bohemian styling and surrounded by gardens, you can take several countryside walks straight from the door of Les Terrasses. Rooms are minimalist and there are two pools, hammocks and delicious food.
Best mid-range rural hotels
- With glorious views from its hill-top position down to the coast, and glorious gardens, Can Talaias, a 17th-century finca, will suit both garden-lovers and those wanting to relax in peaceful surrounds. Rooms are cool and airy, and there are walks and cycle rides (hotel bikes to borrow) from the doorstep.
- Beside the church in the charming village of San Miguel de Balansat, Can Pardal offers five very prettily located rooms - lots of flower-bedecked terraces - simply decorated with white-washed walls, wooden floors and beamed ceilings. There’s a lovely pool plus lots of quiet, flower-filled corners in which to read a book.
- Also in San Miguel de Balansat, Can Planells is a warm, friendly, family-run agroturismo with large and traditionally furnished rooms. Breakfast on home-grown oranges and avocadoes and hire a bike to explore, or relax by the pool.
- The 21 rooms of the hip Atzaro are chic and colourful and with balconies or terraces. There’s a well-regarded restaurant as well as a Balinese spa, Zen-style grounds and a freeform pool. It offers a relaxed atmosphere while still feeling trendy.
- Sleek and chic, Can Curreu is a romantic finca in the north of the island. Rooms are cool and white, with beamed ceilings and shots of colour in feature walls and simple decorations. Some have kitchenettes, if you want to do your own thing. There’s also a spa, gourmet restaurant and private boat to charter.
- Es Cucons, in the north-west, is a 17th-century finca, surrounded by almond groves, that has been converted into a stylish retreat. Rooms are romantically decorated - lots of white muslin - plus there’s an extensive garden as well as an Ayurvedic spa.
Best luxury rural hotels
- In the centre of the island, Can Lluc, is a large hotel based around a farmhouse offering both rustic rooms and suites, and separate apartments and a villa. There’s a large pool, quality restaurant, spa and pool, plus hiking trails start from the hotel.
- Feeling well away from the crowds and surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees, although only just outside Ibiza Town, Es Trull offers just 10 elegant and contemporary villas in cool white-on-white. There’s a large pool and a sophisticated dining room.
- Also in the centre of the island, the small and chic Cas Gasi is a luxury retreat with classic country-house styled rooms. Set in several acres of colourful gardens, there are two pools, a spa, yoga lessons and bicycles to borrow.
- Foodies will love Ca Na Xica, whose restaurant serves up fine-dining, organic Mediterranean cooking. Rooms, all with private terraces or balconies, are cool with funky colours and furnishings. Surrounded by olive groves and orchards, it’s beautifully quiet plus there’s a charming spa.
Staying away from the coast, doesn’t mean you have to rough it and it certainly guarantees peace. Our pick of the best rural hotels on Ibiza run from simple agroturismo rooms to chic villas. But if there's nothing here that suits, then check out all our Ibiza recommendations or contact a friendly guru for advice.
Can Domo 8 rooms from $149Santa Eularia, Ibiza
A lovely rustic farmhouse with the bare necessities. Simple chic rooms with traditional elements and lots of white linen. Lovely gardens and pool. Next to a golf course. A no frills choice, purely for relaxation.Golf - Con Domo is on the edge of a golf course.QuietViews - Lovely views over the surrounding unspoilt countryside from its hilltop positionSailing - Can be booked nearby.
Agro Can Gall 11 rooms from $171San Lorenzo, Ibiza
A 200-year-old farmhouse turned boutique hotel with authentic Ibizan charm, surrounded by mountains. White washed rooms feature exposed brick work and modern bathrooms. A lovely pool and jacuzzi and a beach just ten minutes away. The laid back atmosphere makes this an ideal choice for families.Hideaway - An uber chilled spot with homecooked meals, plush bedding and lush flower filled gardens littered with olive and almond trees.Families - A vibrant, warm and welcoming boutique, perfect for a family holiday, with stunning gardens, large pool and family suites.Local markets - Pick up some holiday presents at the hippy markets at Es Canar (Wednesdays) and Sant Carlos (Saturdays).Sights nearby - Spend an afternoon exploring Eivissa's capital which boasts pretty cobbled streets and a Cathedral.Recommended by - I Escape
Vinya d'en Palerm 5 rooms from $176San Miguel de Balanzat, Ibiza
A traditional farmhouse in a tranquil rural setting surrounded by orchards and vineyards. Simple rustic rooms with stone walls and private terraces. Lush greenery, swimming pool, bikes to borrow, and general relaxation. A no frills spot for couples and families.Total relaxationSailing - Can be booked nearby.Local markets - Good for local colour.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Les Terrasses, Ibiza 9 rooms from $171Santa Eularia Des Riu, Ibiza
A characterful slice of French elegance, in the Ibizan countryside. A totally laid-back, super chic Bohemian bolt hole, with good food and fantastic facilities. Light, airy rooms, with lovely baths and huge comfortable beds. There are two pools and a tennis court in the charming gardens. Bliss.Romantic Break - A grown up and intimate french inspired hideaway, with al fresco dining, and candlelit bath tubs large enough for two.Cooking classes - Take a cookery class by Francoise Pialoux and learn to whip up your favourite items from the menu.Great walks - Lovely walks straight from the hotel through the rugged Ibizian countryside.Swimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Can Talaias 6 rooms from $183San Carlos, Ibiza
One of Ibiza’s first agroturismos and a horticultural heaven. Created by British actor Terry Thomas, this wonderfully tranquil place has large, chic and airy bedrooms, stunning sea views and a relaxing pool. An ideal hideaway for exclusive groups or families.Hideaway - A charming, warm and welcoming boho-chic property in a secluded spot tucked into the hills above the bay of Cala Mastella..Local markets - Hike down the hill on Saturday's for the San Carlos hippy market.Sights nearby - Discover the pretty cobbled streets and cathedral of Eivissa.Great walks - Hike from the hotel throught the stunning countryside.Recommended by - I Escape
Can Pardal 5 rooms from $183Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A peaceful and pretty hideaway hotel of just five rooms. Family run with lovely details including flower filled corners to sit and read a book. The white washed rooms maintain their traditional features including exposed beams and most have terraces and direct pool access. A tranquil retreat.Total relaxation - A chilled out spot within easy reach of lovely beaches and coves, with plush beds and in room massages.Hideaway - A charming property set in the traditional and quaint village of Saint Miquel de Balansat.Sights nearby - Wander around the pretty cobbled streets of Eivissa and admire the cathedral.Great walks - There are plenty of lovely walks in the surrounding valleys.
Can Planells 8 rooms from $183Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A warm and welcoming country agroturismo, where guests become part of the family. Simple and elegant country style decor features white washed walls and exposed beams. Tranquil lemon orchards and gardens, a pool and bikes to hire. Great value and perfectly laid-backed for families.Country Escape - A charming agroturismo, with traditional country style rooms and bikes for exploring this quiet and stunning part of the islandGreat walks - Explore the unspoilt countryside of Ibiza with walks starting straight from the hotel door.Sailing - Rent a speed boat and explore this island from the sea.Swimming Pool - Outdoor Pool.
Atzaro 21 rooms from $183Calle San Juan, Ibiza
A gloriously hip and chic hotel in a rural setting. Beautiful individually decorated suites are rustic and romantic. A fantastic restaurant, extensive Balinese spa, yoga, and zen grounds with a lagoon style swimming pool. Sleek, luxurious, relaxing, but still lively.Foodies - A spot where A listers lunch.Spa - Fabulous 6 room Balinese spa.ChicSpa breaksRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, CN Traveller
Can Curreu 17 rooms from $223Santa Eulària del Riu, Ibiza
A stunning finca in Northern Ibiza. A white washed farmhouse renovation set in lush grounds. Chic rooms and suites with all the mod cons, private balconies, and kitchenettes. A fabulous restaurant, extensive spa, pool, and boat to charter. A glorious spot for honeymooners.Riding - Stables on siteSpa breaksLuxuryWellbeingRecommended by - I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith, CN Traveller
Es Cucons 15 rooms from $246Santa Agnes de Corona, Ibiza
A stunningly renovated relaxed rural property set amidst lush gardens and craggy mountains. The chic and stylish decor showcases the properties old features, with modern touches. Great food served under the shade of almond trees and a garden pool. Cosy, charming and romantic.Honeymoons - Designed for romance- this tranquil and intimate1650s finca boasts a wonderful honeymoon suite, spa treatments and lush gardens.Sights nearby - Make a trip to Eivissa to explore the stunning Old Town with its cobbled streets and hill-top cathedral.Great walks - Lovely trials running through the valley with walks starting straight from the front door.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - I Escape
Can Lluc 125 rooms from $286Sant Rafel, Ibiza
A rustic chic farmhouse surrounded by hills. Rooms, suites, apartments, and one villa cater to families, couples, and groups of friends. Traditional in style with stone walls, wooden beams and four poster beds. Lush gardens, good restaurant, and pool. Charming, and close to the best restaurants.FamiliesRomantic BreakGreat walks - Jogging and hiking trails on the doorstepPrivate Hot Tub - Some rooms have jacuzzi bath tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
Es Trull 10 rooms from $320Ibiza
Set amidst beautiful secluded gardens with a swimming pool, surrounded by olive groves and fruit trees, Es Trull provides classic Ibizan style. Elegant white villas with bedrooms decorated in cool natural tones and some with private terrace areas. A quieter spot just outside Ibiza town.Local exploring - Cool Ibizan villas in large grounds overlooking the town and surrounded by peaceful olive grovesGreat walks - Walk among the surrounding orchards and olive grovesPrivate Hot Tub - Hydro-Massage bath tubsSecluded setting - For escaping.
Cas Gasi 10 rooms from $354Santa Gertrudis, Ibiza
A small luxury boutique hotel hidden away in beautiful countryside in the middle of the island. White washed rooms feature rustic-chic furniture. Stunning cuisine is served up in the restaurant using organic produce from the hotel plot. A glorious spa. A haven to unwind in.Total relaxation - A luxury country hotel with a well equipped spa and lovely outdoor yoga area.Sailing - Take a personal trip on a sailing or motor boat to Formentera or around the island.Great walks - Wander to the local village of Sant Rafel and marvel at the beautiful church.Secluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Frommers, Johansens
Ca Na Xica 20 rooms from $286Sant Miquel de Balansat, Ibiza
A country house style luxury hotel. Large and comfortable, each room comes with a private balcony or terrace and ample views. Great restaurant serving organic Mediterranean cuisine. An outdoor pool with a bar. Chic, stylish and totally charming.Total relaxation - An on site spa in a beautiful location. Pamper yourselves with a massage from their professional therapistsBack to Nature - Surrounded on all sides by orchards and olive trees and offering wonderful viewsFoodies - Excellent food served at the restaurant focussing on ingredients grown locallyGreat walks - Lovely hikes can be organised in the countryside surrouding the hotel