- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ Book Online Now
Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South East
If you’re planning a UK mini-break there are plenty of great accommodation options out there these days, so for many of us it comes down to the extra facilities - like a great spa or hot tub. Just what you want if you’re looking to relax, or maybe plan a romantic surprise. Our Guru’s collection of hotels with hot tubs in the South East contains all our favourite hot tub hotels, grouped into hotels with a private hot tub, great hotels with hot tubs in the South East, great spa hotels and great, but affordable, spa hotels.
Our Guru's Recommended Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South East Collections:
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Berkshire
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Buckinghamshire
- The Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in East Sussex
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Hampshire
- Best hotels with Hot Tubs in Kent
- Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in Weest Sussex
- Hotels with Hot Tubs in Surrey
Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South East
Hotels with a Private Hot Tub
- If you’re looking for a private hot tub with a view, the Crab and Boar is a wonderful option. It has an enviable position: high in the Newbury Downs, and several of its 14 rooms have private terraces with their own hot tubs. The decor was updated in 2015, into to a rustic-inn/ boutique hotel hybrid, which is a real pleasure to stay in - but this is actually an historic spot and Oliver Cromwell is a previous guest.
- If you’re looking for a room with a private hot tub try the Godman or Farriers Suites of the South Lodge Hotel. Both have a private terrace with a hot tub with room for four. The hotel is located near Horsham and has beautiful views over the South Downs. Guests with romance in mind will also benefit from the Michelin starred restaurant and sumptuous rooms.
- Marlow’s Hand & Flowers is an eight room property with two Michelin stars and a beautiful courtyard garden. The decor is contemporary, but retaining the exposed beams and some of the other original features. The Angus Suite has its own private terrace with a jacuzzi.
- Chewton Glen is a gorgeous country house hotel with a wonderful spa and a collection of tree-house suites with panoramic views and private hot tubs - if you’re looking for something unusual. The hotel is surrounded by 130 acres of parklands. Expect five star service and gourmet dining.
Best Hotels with shared Hot Tubs
- Long time haunt of the anyone who could wrangle themselves an invitation - from Chaplin to Churchill and Laurence to Lennon - Cliveden House is an unreconstructed stately home with genuine Old Masters adorning the walls and a priceless collection of antiques. You’re just 45 minutes from London, but the stylish, National Trust owned surroundings and luxurious details make this a trip-back-in-time. The hot tubs are of the outdoor, Canadian wood variety, and there’s also indoor and outdoor pools and a good spa.
- Rhinefield House Hotel is a magnificent Gothic/Tudor country house hotel in the depths of the New Forest. The decor is traditional and the wonderful formal gardens, water gardens and manicured lawns create a wonderful, relaxed atmosphere. There are fifty rooms, some of them quite grand, plus a choice of restaurants and a hot tub which accommodates four people.
- Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa has an award winning spa, which is where you’ll find their hot tubs, plus 30 acres of private parkland and direct access to the beach. Its 39 rooms are large with high ceilings and four poster beds and the mock medieval exterior lends atmosphere.
- The Four Seasons Hampshire is a beautiful country house turned luxury hotel with traditionally decorated rooms, a spoiling spa, sauna and hot tubs, tennis courts and all sorts of country pursuits on offer.
The Best Spa Hotels in the South East
- The Grand Hotel in Eastbourne is a top contender if your idea of a romantic getaway includes time spent in a luxurious spa. There are also indoor and outdoor pools, an award-winning restaurant, a putting green and a children’s playroom. Pets are welcome too. The Victorian stucco exterior and five stars help make for a memorable stay.
- The Vineyard at Stockcross is a five star country retreat with a 30,000 strong wine cellar, an excellent restaurant, an award-winning spa and 49 individually themed, spacious and elegant rooms and suites. If you, or your loved one needs a bit of pampering this is the place to come.
- Pennyhill Park Hotel and The Spa is a beautiful, creeper-clad county house hotel with an award-winning spa (featuring eight indoor and outdoor pools and three Canadian wood hot tubs, and a Michelin-starred restaurant. In fact all the facilities are lavish, as is the decor in many of the 120-odd rooms. There’s also 123 acres of Surrey parkland surrounding the hotel.
- Ashdown Park Hotel is a country house hotel with excellent facilities for the whole family. The hotel has direct access to Ashdown Forest, with acres of parkland, plus a golf course, tennis courts, an award-winning restaurant with forest views and a beautiful spa.
- Robustly elegant and quintessentially English, The Randolph is an extremely comfortable grand dame of a hotel in the heart of Oxford. There are around 150 rooms and suites, a luxurious spa and an excellent, if traditional, restaurant. Their breakfasts are grand, as are their afternoon teas.
- Just outside London, the Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa is a boutique country house hotel set in 120 acres of its own parklands. The 57 rooms have been recently refurbished in an opulent style, plus there’s a champagne bar as well as a choice of fine dining options. Of course there’s also a pool and spa, but this is the sort of hotel where your day stops for afternoon tea, so be prepared for the full mini-break experience.
- Tranquil and historic, Ockenden Manor is a 28 room country house hotel surrounded by lovely gardens and the High Weald Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. There’s a Michelin starred restaurant, a spa and beautiful terraces with scenic walking trails leaving directly from them.
- Danesfield House Hotel and Spa is a grand country house in the Italian Renaissance style set in 65 acres of beautifully landscaped gardens leading right onto the River Thames. There are 79 individually designed rooms, in a choice of traditional or contemporary style, and an excellent restaurant and spa.
- Coworth Park is a wonderfully English countryside retreat with a luxurious eco-spa, a choice of restaurants and bars and excellent equestrian facilities. This is a beautifully decorated hotel and a dream for anyone of a horsey persuasion.
- Stoke Park is a luxurious Palladian mansion turned 49 room country house hotel. It’s beautiful. And, as you might expect has an award-winning restaurant, a spa and a country club with a golf course, a pool and indoor and outdoor tennis courts.
- The Spread Eagle Hotel and Spa in Midhurst, within the South Downs, is a handsome old inn with four-poster beds and a gourmet restaurant. There are 39 rooms plus an indoor pool and contemporary spa. Perfect for history lovers.
Great Value Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South East
- Wallett’s Court Country House is an old Jacobean manor house with spectacular, sweeping views towards and over white cliffs - near Dover. Not only does this property trace its roots back to the days of William the Conqueror, it also boasts the award-winning Garden of England Spa, which has a hot tub as part of the pool complex. There are 17 rooms, starting from around £140 per night.
If you haven’t found your idea of the best hotels with hot tubs in the South East on our Guru’s list you could:
- Consult our Ultimate Guide to UK Hotels with Hot Tubs,
- browse through our list of the most romantic hotels in the South East,
- or our Guru’s collection of Top London Hotels with Hot Tubs,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South East
South Lodge Hotel 89 rooms from $410Nr Horsham, West Sussex
Classic luxury country retreat in 93 acres of parkland and woodland. Views over the South Downs, Michelin-starred restaurant, sumptuous rooms.Private Hot Tub - Book the Godman or Farriers Suite for your own private terrace with hot tubFour poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelTraditionalRecommended by - Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels
The Crab and Boar 14 rooms from $168Newbury, Berkshire
The Crab and Boar is an historic rural pub with rooms providing contemporary countryside accommodation with comfortable, cosy interiors and a relaxing restaurant for perfect weekend getaways. Some rooms have a private hot tub and terrace. Plenty of country pursuits and outdoor activities nearby.Private Hot Tub - Several of the bedrooms have their own patios and outdoor hot tubsGreat walks - Fantastic country walks on The Crab and Boar's doorstepFishing - Near to some of the country’s premier chalkstreamsSights nearby - Highclere Castle - The Real 'Downton Abbey'Recommended by - Sawdays
Hand & Flowers from $182Marlow (Buckinghamshire)
With two Michelin stars this property serves mouthwatering gourmet food. Rooms are equally forward thinking: contemporary fittings combined with exposed beams, set against a neutral backdrop, some with copper baths. The Angus suite has a private jacuzzi terrace. There is a spa and courtyard garden.Sights nearby - Marlow Suspension Bridge is close to the property and the All Saints Church is in nearby Bisham.Sailing - A boat trip along the Thames is an ideal English summer's day activity.Private Hot Tub - Three of the suites have private terraces with hot tubsGreat walks - Take a stroll through Higginson Park along the Thames.
Cliveden House 44 rooms from $610Taplow, Berkshire
Grand country house hotel close to London, expensive but luxurious, with historySwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsCountry House - Grand neoclassical pileAntiquesRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Four Seasons Hampshire 133 rooms from $449Hook, Hampshire
A modernised country house estate with extensive additional modern wings attached. Classic rooms feature high ceilings, sash windows and some with in-room free standing baths. An abundance of country pursuits and spoiling spa. Ideal for the quintessential British country experience.Spa breaks - Indulge yourself in the converted old stables, now an extensive spa using world-renowned products Sodashi and ESPA.Country Escape - An indulgent country estate equipped with tennis courts, sauna, hot tub, spa, fine dining and luxurious suites.Kids Club - Professionally organised children's programmeSwimming Pool - Indoor PoolRecommended by - Johansens, Kiwi Collection
The Grand Hotel, East Sussex 152 rooms from $259Eastbourne, East Sussex
Eastbourne's 'White Palace' - a luxurious English seaside hotel. A host of facilities - spa, indoor and outdoor pools, award-winning restaurant, children's playroom.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Kids Club - Fully staffed.Traditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels
The Vineyard at Stockcross 49 rooms from $253Newbury, Berkshire
5* country escape close to Newbury in Berkshire, just an hour from London. A 30,000 strong wine cellar in a luxury hotel with award winning spa for the ultimate pampering. Spacious rooms and suites offer elegant comfort. The perfect country getaway for romance, girlie breaks or simply a great meal.Foodies - Head chef Daniel Galmiche specialises in classic french/Mediterranean cuisine with a modern twist.Spa - Award wining spa with a wide range of therapies and treatments on offer.Sights nearby - 10 minutes from Highclere CastleGreat walks - On the South DownsRecommended by - Johansens, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Rhinefield House Hotel 50 rooms from $176Brockenhurst
Gothic/tudor style country house hotel set in the depths of the New Forest. Beautiful gardens and traditionally done bedrooms. Dining to suit all tastes and leisure facilities including outdoor swimming pool and gym.Swimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolsGreat walks - Situated in the heart of the New Forest National ParkTraditional
Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa 39 rooms from $442Climping, West Sussex
Atmospheric mock medieval house with award winning spa set amid 30 acres of private parkland with direct beach access. Large rooms feature high beamed ceilings, antique four poster beds and luxury bathrooms. Dine in equally sumptuous surrounds. Well positioned from London as a weekend get away.Romantic Break - Lovely spa with a wide range of treatments, couples side by side bath tubs and a wonderfully secluded feel.Country Escape - Cosy and luxurious interiors beckon you home from a day exploring the thirty acres of private parkland.Great walks - Enjoy lovely coastal walks directly from the property, or explore the Norman chapel on the grounds.Sights nearby - Visit Arundel Castle and try your hand at jousting.Recommended by - Johansens, Tablet
Pennyhill Park Hotel and The Spa 123 rooms from $436Bagshot, Surrey
Creeper clad 19th century country house hotel. Michelin-starred restaurant and award winning spa just half an hour from Heathrow. Country style with lavish facilities.Spa - The fabulous spa boasts eight indoor and outdoor pools, plus canadian hot tubs, treatments and much more.TraditionalSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Tablet, Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels
Ashdown Park Hotel 106 rooms from $259East Grinstead, East Sussex
Country house hotel with excellent facilities for the whole family in Ashdown Forest. Acres of parkland, spa facilities, golf course, tennis courts. Award-winning restaurant with forest views.Swimming Pool - IndoorTraditionalSpaGreat walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels
The Randolph 151 rooms from $268Oxford
Robustly elegant, quintessentially English and extremely comfortable, The Macdonald Randolph Hotel is perfectly situated on the corner of Beaumont Street and St Giles, within easy walking distance of enough historic sites to satiate the appetite of the most culturally hungry traveller.Great walks - Oxford's size makes it a wonderful city to explore on foot, wander the streets and soak up the history.SpaFour poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa 57 rooms from $261Crawley, West Sussex
Boutique country house hotel, set in 120 acres of parkland. Recently refurbished rooms are generously proportioned and sinfully luxurious. Enjoy the fine dining options and champagne bar. Spoiling facilities include spa and pool. Slip back to a simpler time where your day stops for afternoon tea.Total relaxation - This is truly a place to let go of it all, an oasis of luxorious suites, spa treatments, fine dining and picturesque grounds.Romantic Break - Inject a little romance into your weekend with two person tubs, enormous suites, tandem massages and candlelite dinners.Great walks - Take a stroll around the 120 acre parklands and manicured gardens that surrround the property.Spa - Award winning spa with wide range of treatments.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Tablet, Johansens
Ockenden Manor 28 rooms from $233Cuckfield, West Sussex
This tranquil and historic manor house is just an hour from London, with lovely gardens, indoor and outdoor pool and Michelin star fine dining. Rooms exude comfort and style. Relax at the spa, explore the South Downs or sit with your favourite drink on the terrace. A beautiful mini-break location.Foodies - The creative cuisine of Head Chef Stephen Crane has earned them a Michelin-Star, check out the seven-course Tasting Menu.Country Escape - Submerge yourself in this country house hotel, with every whim and comfort taken care of there is no need to leave.Great walks - This area boasts plenty of picturesque walks, ask your hosts to point out a few choice trails to follow.Views - To the South DownsRecommended by - Johansens
Danesfield House Hotel and Spa 79 rooms from $363Marlow-On-Thames, Buckinghamshire
Romantic Italian Renaissance style country house set in 65 acres of beautiful landscaped gardens leading down to the River Thames. Individually designed rooms offer traditional or contemporary interiors and lovely views. Excellent restaurant and spa. Perfect for some downtime away from the city.Spa - The Spa Illuminata Danesfield House offers pool, jacuzzi, steam room and a vast range of face and body treatmentsSights nearby - Pretty Thameside town Marlow is just 3 miles away, plus Windsor and Henley are close byGreat walks - There are lovely walks round the gardens and plenty of riverside amblesSwimming Pool - 20m indoor poolRecommended by - Johansens, Small Luxury Hotels
Coworth Park 70 rooms from $417Ascot, Berkshire
This elegant country retreat on London’s doorstep delivers the Dorchester Collection's signature of five-star luxury and discreet service. A grand spa and outdoor country pursuits provide a mix of indulgence and activity, while Restaurant Coworth Park offers Michelin starred British fare.Restaurant - Michelin starredSpa - Conde Nast Best Destination Spa 2017Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Tablet, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Stoke Park 49 rooms from $345Buckinghamshire
Luxury Palladian mansion turned country hotel. Spa and country club with golf course, indoor and outdoor tennis courts, award-winning restaurants.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolSpaTraditional5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
Chewton Glen 72 rooms from $423New Milton, Hampshire
Classic and superbly run country house hotel with great attention to detail and a wonderful spa close to the New Forest. Newly built, luxury tree-house bedrooms set high in a scenic valley with panoramic views. 5 star amenities, imitable service and gourmet dining.Exclusive offer - Last Minute DealsCountry Escape - A gorgeous country house spa, set in 130 acres of parkland at the edge of the magical New Forest.Great walks - Plenty of walking across the 130 acres of parkland, or head into the New Forest.Fishing - There is fishing available nearby, ask at the hotel for details.Cooking classes - The Kitchen in collaboration with celebrity chef James MartinRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
Spread Eagle Hotel And Spa 39 rooms from $247Midhurst, West Sussex
Handsome characterful medieval inn with four-poster beds, gourmet restaurant and contemporary spa in the pretty Sussex market town of Midhurst. History lovers and romantics will enjoy a weekend visit or mini break.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.Full of characterTraditionalRecommended by - Frommers, Johansens
Wallett's Court Country House 17 rooms from $182Dover, Kent
Old Jacobean manor house in country setting. Views over sweeping landscape towards white cliffs. Rustic bedrooms, spa, restaurant.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaRecommended by - Frommers, Johansens, Sawdays