- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
The Ultimate Guide to UK Hotels with Hot Tubs
All our Hot Tubs collections:
- Hotels with hot tubs near London
- Top London Hotels with hot tubs
- Yorkshire hotels with hot tubs
- Hotels with hot tubs in the West Country
- Hotels with hot tubs in the Lake District
- Hotels with hot tubs in Scotland
- Hotels with hot tubs in The Cotswolds
- Hotels with hot tubs in the South East
- Hotels with hot tubs in the South West
We all love a good weekend away, and in this article we explore the best hotels with hot tubs in the UK. In recent years we've seen an explosion in the quality and choice of hotel getaways in the UK, from country house hotels to luxury B+Bs. We are also becoming ever more discriminating - and for many of us it's the hot tub or jacuzzi that makes the difference, especially if it's romance we are after... So here's our guide. (To check a hotel's availability click the "check prices" button beside the property.)
First off, lets start with those 'all singing all dancing' luxury country house hotels within easy distance of London that have hot tubs.
- Here I am thinking of hotels like the wonderful Vineyard at Stockcross, with its magnificent health centre in lovely grounds. The hot tub is inside, so good for all weathers, and can seat up to six comfortably. It's a great place to sip a glass of ice cold champagne before dinner.
- Other country house hotels with hot tubs near London include Walletts Court near Dover, with their award-winning Garden of England spa, where treatments and massages are taken gazing out on fields and lawns, or looking out to sea from on top of the cliffs, and where the hot tub is again part of the indoor pool area.
- There's also Bailiffscourt, along the coast in Sussex, which boasts a hot tub as well as a steam bath in it's magnificent spa.
- But for the ultimate private hot tub experience for romantics, check in to Lower Slaughter Manor in the Cotswolds. They don't have a health centre as such, but two of the garden suites have outdoor hot tubs in their private gardens, making for a very romantic short break. The hotel has lovely grounds as well as a gourmet restaurant, the Sixteen58.
- Of course, any list of hotels with hot tubs in the UK would not be complete without properties like Cliveden, which boasts Canadian cedarwood hot tubs as well as a whirlpool jacuzzi. This spectacular country house hotel is just half an hour from London and close to Heathrow airport, so is often used as a first night stopover by newlyweds on their way to a honeymoon in the Seychelles. It's also famous – or infamous – as the place where Christine Keeler seduced John Profumo in the early 1960s. But whether you are getting married or not, seduced or not, Cliveden provides the most spectacular location for a romantic break within easy reach of London, for hot tub aficionados.
However, it's perhaps not surprising that some of the most memorable hot tub experiences in the UK can be found further afield, along the wilder extremities – Cornwall, the Lake District, Yorkshire, West Wales and Scotland.
- Cornish hotels with hot tubs include the Nare Hotel, on Carne Beach on the south coast, with it's hot tub looking right out to sea,
- and The Scarlet, a relaxed, adults only (a rarity in Cornwall) eco-friendly designer hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. The hot tubs here are very special indeed – they come heated by real log fires, and are outside, for fabulous sunsets, and star-gazing at night. Of all the many hotels with hot tubs in the UK, this is one of our favourites.
- Further north, the Lake District boasts two excellent luxury hotels that offer the hot tub experience. The first, Gilpin Hotel and Lake House, offers a tempting offer of 'us and them', because if you splash out you get the much more private Lake House Suites, which have exclusive use of their own spa, as well as a romantic cedarwood hot tub on the lake edge.
- For romantic liaisons where you want absolute privacy amongst the finest landscape nature can offer, Gilpin Lodge is near unbeatable. Second, The Samling above Lake Windemere has long been a favourite of foodies and romantics – it's a small and charming country house hotel set amidst lovely walking country, overlooking the lake. Their outside hot tub is another with panoramic views.
Hotels with Hot Tubs in Wales
- The Lake Country House Hotel is beautifully located on the idyllic banks of – you've guessed it - a lake, with a 15 swimming metre pool and full service spa offering a range of treatments. Here the outside hot tub is sunken into a balcony terrace, with views overlooking the shoreline.
- At Chateau Rhianfa, they've a four person hot tub with stunning views over the Menai Straits.
- Ffynnon Town House is another option in North Wales. Their hot tub in the garden is the perfect place for a soak after a busy day exploring Snowdonia.
- To the north east, in Yorkshire, the one hotel with a decent traditional hot tub is the Feversham Arms, whose award winning Verbena relax centre boasts a 'man spa' (these Yorkshire types...) as well as an outdoor hot tub.
- Lastly, hotels with hot tubs in Scotland include the Old Course Hotel at St Andrews, which has a roof top tiled hot tub, from where you get a partial view of the golf with the binoculars kindly provided by the management.
- Loch Ness Lodge has a cosy indoor whirlpool hot tub for romantic tete-a-tetes,
- while the lovely Duisdale on the Isle of Skye has a truly magnificent outdoor hot tub on the terrace for some of the best star gazing in the UK: the light pollution here is practically non-existent.
Other UK Hotels with Hot Tubs
- Oh, and there's one other hotel we should mention – Ardencote Country House Hotel in Warwickshire. This boasts an enormous outdoor hot tub made of stone which seats ten, in addition to a smaller jacuzzi hot tub by the indoor pool.
So, to sum up – there are plenty of hotels with hot tubs in the UK if you look carefully, but it's clear that one man's – or woman's – hot tub is another person's jacuzzi. By which I mean it's not hard to find whirlpools and jacuzzis masquerading as hot tubs (and billed as such by the hotels themselves) attached to indoor swimming pools – you know, the sort where that overweight old bloke sits for hours picking his toenails.
No, if you want the real hot tub experience you need to go further afield. The whole point of the true hot tub experience is the view – so they need to be outdoors, and you won't find the best of those anywhere near London. You need to go to the sea or the mountains, or the magnificent lakes of Cumbria, where you'll not only find an inspiring place to sit in bubbles drinking bubbles, but also a place far from the lights of the city, so that you can come out here at night, under the stars, with your loved one. If that doesn't do it for your romantic life, I don't know what will.
The Vineyard at Stockcross 49 rooms from $253Newbury, Berkshire
5* country escape close to Newbury in Berkshire, just an hour from London. A 30,000 strong wine cellar in a luxury hotel with award winning spa for the ultimate pampering. Spacious rooms and suites offer elegant comfort. The perfect country getaway for romance, girlie breaks or simply a great meal.Foodies - Head chef Daniel Galmiche specialises in classic french/Mediterranean cuisine with a modern twist.Spa - Award wining spa with a wide range of therapies and treatments on offer.Sights nearby - 10 minutes from Highclere CastleGreat walks - On the South DownsRecommended by - Johansens, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Wallett's Court Country House 17 rooms from $182Dover, Kent
Old Jacobean manor house in country setting. Views over sweeping landscape towards white cliffs. Rustic bedrooms, spa, restaurant.Swimming Pool - Indoor PoolFour poster beds - For romantics.SpaRecommended by - Frommers, Johansens, Sawdays
Bailiffscourt Hotel & Spa 39 rooms from $442Climping, West Sussex
Atmospheric mock medieval house with award winning spa set amid 30 acres of private parkland with direct beach access. Large rooms feature high beamed ceilings, antique four poster beds and luxury bathrooms. Dine in equally sumptuous surrounds. Well positioned from London as a weekend get away.Romantic Break - Lovely spa with a wide range of treatments, couples side by side bath tubs and a wonderfully secluded feel.Country Escape - Cosy and luxurious interiors beckon you home from a day exploring the thirty acres of private parkland.Great walks - Enjoy lovely coastal walks directly from the property, or explore the Norman chapel on the grounds.Sights nearby - Visit Arundel Castle and try your hand at jousting.Recommended by - Johansens, Tablet
Lower Slaughter Manor 19 rooms from $254Lower Slaughter, The Cotswolds
Manor house hotel country escape. Gardens, lawns. Elegant public rooms, individually decorated bedrooms, restaurant.Private Hot Tub - If you book a garden suiteSecluded setting - For escaping.Cooking classes - Check for timings.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Johansens, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
Cliveden House 44 rooms from $610Taplow, Berkshire
Grand country house hotel close to London, expensive but luxurious, with historySwimming Pool - Indoor and Outdoor PoolsCountry House - Grand neoclassical pileAntiquesRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
The Scarlet, Cornwall 37 rooms from $254Mawgan Porth, Cornwall
Relaxing, purpose-designed eco-friendly hotel overlooking Mawgan Porth beach. Contemporary furniture and modern local art adorns bedroom walls. Great sea views from the cocktail lounge and stylish hotel restaurant. Fantastic spa facility for ultimate relaxation and great outdoor activities nearby.Romantic Break - You, your loved one (and even the pooch) can enjoy an indulgent coastal staySpa breaks - Excellent spa with a range of Ayurvedic treatmentsSwimming Pool - Outdoor and Indoor PoolGreat walks - South West Coast Path.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Gilpin Hotel & Lake House 31 rooms from $280Windermere, Cumbria
Immaculate, country house hotel, with luxurious bedrooms and private suites, plus a Michelin starred restaurant. A separate Lake House with suites, pool, spa and rooms with private Hot Tubs. Set in 40 acres of stunning surroundings with a picturesque lake and lots of activities to offer nearby.Foodies - Chef Hrishikesh Desai knocks it out of the park everytime, he crafts exciting menus using locally sourced wonderful ingrediants.Romantic Break - Six of the incredible suites come with their own private gardens and cedarwood hot tubs, ideal for a romantic getaway!Country Escape - 20-acre gardens filled with magnolia, cherry blossoms and copper beech, not to mention the stunnig private lake.Fishing - Fishing can be organised on site, either on the private lake or a day trip to somewhere nearby.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Johansens, Relais & Chateaux, Sawdays, Michelin Travel
The Samling Hotel 11 rooms from $287Windermere, Cumbria
Charming hotel located in the hills surrounding Lake Windemere. Beautiful views, Michelin chefs, separate cottage.Remote - Off the beaten track.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.Great walks - Good for walkers.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Chateau Rhianfa 22 rooms from $163Anglesey, North Wales
Grade 11 listed gothic style property, inspired by the french chateaux in the Loire valley, turned luxury hotel and venue overlooking the Menai Straits. Twenty two contemporary styled bedrooms, plus three self catering cottages. Superb onsite facilities. Ideal for groups or adrenalin seekers!Great walks - Snowdonia National Park is close by as the Wales Coastal PathViews - Wonderful mountain views over the Menai StraitsOn the beach - Private beach on the Menai StraitsKayaking - Available locally.Recommended by - Johansens
Ffynnon Town House 5 rooms from $185Dolgellau, Gwynedd, North Wales
A boutique B&B with just five perfect rooms. Contemporary decoration with traditional features. Crisp linen and comfortable beds with ornate headboards. A cosy lounge with an honesty bar and open fireplace awaits after a day outdoors. A stunning location ideal for discovering southern Snowdonia.Families - Ideal for families, with plenty of books, DVDs, games and activities plus kiddies menu and use of a of a Butler's Pantry.Romantic Break - Perfectly isolated, cosy rooms and an outdoor hot tub with champagne and strawberries to order.Great walks - Great hill walking on Cadr Idris or explore the magical Snowdonia National Park.Birdwatching - Bring your binoculars, the RSPB Coed Garth Gell reserve is close to the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Feversham Arms Hotel & Verbena Spa 33 rooms from $261Helmsley, Yorkshire
Chic old York stone inn and spa located in a picturesque Yorkshire village. Contemporary interiors meet luxury features to make a relaxing stay. Enjoy a diverse menu at the Weathervane, relax at the heated pool and indulge in spa treatments. A luxurious stay for local exploring.Foodies - Foodies will love the locally sourced and expertly crafted menu, plus a hearty breakfast is included in the price.Romantic Break - A secluded spot to getaway together, with tandem massages, deep soaking tubs, cosy corners and crakling fires.Great walks - The hotel is on the edge of the Moors and close to a National Park, an ideal spot for rambling.Sights nearby - Helmsley Castle, Castle Howard and Helmsley Walled Garden are all worth checking out.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels
Loch Ness Lodge 7 rooms from $228Inverness (Loch Ness-side)
An elegant and intimate hotel in the heart of the Scottish Highlands overlooking the beautiful Loch Ness. Wonderfully warm service. Elegant rooms with antique furniture. Hearty breakfasts designed for a day outdoors. The perfect rural abode.Active Holiday - Active guests can try their hand at deer stalking, archery, quad biking, shooting, 4x4 off-road driving and husky sledding.Country Escape - A spectacular part of rural Scotland with dramatic views over across the water to a string of craggy mountains beyond.Kayaking - Book a two hour kayak trip to explore the lake from the hotel's private stretch of Loch Ness shoreline.Fishing - Anglers can book a fishing trip through the lodge, to catch trout and salmon further along the shores.Recommended by - I Escape, Good Hotel Guide, Johansens
Duisdale House 18 rooms from $219Sleat, Skye
Escape to this rural nineteenth century hunting lodge on Skye's stunning south-east coastline. Explore the extensive gardens and local beauty, before retreating back to cosy four poster beds in surprisingly modern interiors. Look out for statement wallpaper. Great for a romantic weekend away!Great walks - Skye is renowned for its fantastic walking for all abilities.Views - Great views from hotelSeaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Birdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.