The Ultimate Guide to UK Hotels with Hot Tubs
We all love a good weekend away, and in this article we're shining a light on the best hotels with hot tubs in the UK. In recent years we've seen an explosion in the quality and choice of hotel getaways in the UK, from country house hotels to luxury B&Bs. We are also becoming ever more discriminating — and for many of us it's the hot tub that makes the difference, especially if it's romance we are after... So here's our ultimate guide to the best hotels with hot tubs in the UK.
For the Scrapbook
- Chewton Glen is both luxurious and family friendly. It’s always been beautifully positioned, on its own 130 acres on the edge of the New Forest, close to the coast, and the manor house has always been beautiful inside and out. But the addition of magical modern treehouse accommodation — complete with private terraces with hot tubs — really puts it in a category of its own when it comes to luxury for the whole family. The spa is a treat — with more hot tubs if you don’t have one in your room — and there are two restaurants, a fantastic kids club, cookery classes, tennis courts and a huge pool.
- Summer Lodge is a wonderful country house hotel in the green hills of the Dorset Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty. Its 24 rooms and suites are very plush, with elaborate fabrics, and plenty of gilt and fringes, plus there’s a gourmet restaurant and a fancy bar with a world-class sommelier. There’s also a spa wth an impressive heated pool, a sauna and a hot tub. But for a special romantic treat book Ivy Cottage which boasts its own indoor hot tub.
- Small and intimate feeling, the Windermere Boutique Hotel has been carefully converted from an Edwardian house close to the shore of Lake Windermere. There are 13 individually decorated rooms and suites, several with private hot tubs, balconies and terraces. There’s also a bijou restaurant, and an adults only policy.
- The Applegarth Villa in Windermere is a luxurious, adults only pick, with sumptuous details and private hot tubs — there are 15 rooms and seven suites, and all the suites have their own hot tubs. The decor ranges from memorable, to fully themed. There’s also a bistro, and a bar with an impressive whisky collection.
For a Mini-Break Ex-London
- Berkshire's Crab and Boar is an historic, rural pub, offering contemporary, country-feeling accommodation and a relaxed atmosphere. This is the sort of place you’ll want to come back to after a long walk, its cosy welcome, hearty, fine-dining food, and five rooms with their own hot tubs, make it a wonderful haven. There’s even a helipad for the serious jet setters.
- The Bird is a fun and colourful boutique hotel with plenty of romance to it, converted from a Victorian mansion overlooking Bath’s Recreation Ground. There are 31 rooms and suites, decorated individually, and featuring original art and creative furnishings; one room has a hot tub. We love the terrace bar and Plate restaurant.
For a Mini-Break in London
- The Exhibitionist Hotel offers quirky luxury in museum-rich South Kensington. With art on the walls, and on the floors and ceilings, and a confident use of colour, this is a bold pick. The cocktail bar and restaurant offer similarly creative design principles. Several of the suites have private balconies and roof terraces, and two have their own hot tubs.
For a Country Escape
- Tuddenham Mill is a converted watermill in rural Suffolk. If you appreciate minimal design, Starck bathrooms, Bose sound systems AND original features, then these 15 rooms and suites will please you. The Nook Rooms also boast private, wood fired cedar hot tubs. The restaurant is impressive too.
For a Rural Retreat
- The Middleton Lodge Estate is a sprawling Yorkshire country estate with a range of accommodation based around the Georgian Palladian mansion. The main house has the rooms with the four-poster beds and fireplaces, but some of the rooms dotted around the estate have private hot tubs too. The decor is unfussy, with neutral colours and natural materials all around. The Coach House restaurant has an estate-to-fork ethos, the spa is eco-friendly, and they offer complimentary bike hire.
- Dannah Farm in Derbyshire has been elegantly converted into an eight bedroom B&B, and it’s billed as the perfect escape — an argument helped along by the fact that three of the rooms have private outdoor hot tubs, and there’s a fourth hot tub hideaway in the garden. There’s also a sauna and steam room. The views are relaxing too, mature gardens, and then rural hills, and there’s a cosy lounge. No restaurant, but they offer breakfast.
For a Country House Hotel
- With views over the South Downs and a Michelin-starred restaurant, the South Lodge Hotel in West Sussex offers the complete country house hotel experience. It’s big — there are 89 rooms and suites — but it still feels intimate, with each room individually decorated with antiques and hand-made mattresses. Two of the suites have private terraces with hot tubs: The Godman and Farriers Suites.
- The Hare and Hounds Hotel is a charming, Cotswolds Stone country house hotel just outside the market town of Tetbury. There are now 42 rooms and suites, most arranged around a charming courtyard, and all with elegant details. The fine dining restaurant and friendly, country pub are popular with locals as well as visitors, and it’s surrounded by a large garden. If you’re wondering about the hot tubs, they’re in the suites.
For a Spa Break
- Set on 163 acres of mature woodlands, and right beside a meandering river, the Galgorm Spa and Golf Resort in Northern Ireland's County Antrim is large and luxurious, with a range of accommodation that includes rooms, suites and lodges. The spa gets mentioned in the name and you can see why, it’s got all sorts of wonderfully rejuvenating treatments, plus a collection of five hot tubs, two saunas and a snow cabin. There’s also an award-winning restaurant and a golf course. For a private hot tub book the Riverside cottage or one of the residences.
- Cotswold House is more than one house, really, it’s an historic row of houses in the quaint, Cotswold Stone village of Chipping Campden, converted into a 28 room hotel, compete with a spa and a beautiful dining room. On the inside all the mod. cons. hide behind Regency details — even the communal toilets have flat screen TVs. Behind the hotel are gardens, and cottages, and its here, in the cottage suites, that you’ll find the private hot tubs. Plus the adults only spa, complete with hydrotherapy pool and hammam.
- The White Horse we’re talking about here is in Chilgrove, in the South Downs National Park, a charming pub with dining and rooms. The restaurant has an excellent reputation, and they buy in fish and game from local suppliers to create interesting menus. The 15 rooms have been converted from the stables, and two of them have private hot tubs.
- Rocpool Reserve is a chic, contemporary townhouse conversion overlooking the river in Inverness. There are just 11 rooms and suites — with huge bathrooms — and Chez Roux, the restaurant, is overseen by Albert Roux OBE, and serves French country-style grub with a Scottish twist. Two of the rooms have private hot tubs for maximum luxury.
- The St Pierre Park Hotel & Golf Resort is just outside St. Peter Port on Guernsey, alongside its own nine hole golf course. And within the resort grounds you’ll find all sorts of facilities, including an impressive spa complete with tennis courts, pools, saunas, and a beauty salon, and a playground. There are 131 rooms and suites, and it’s the Garden Suites which have their own hot tubs — and gardens — both overlooking the lake.
- The Swan Hotel is a wonderfully relaxing Lake District escape on the south shore of Lake Windermere. A traditional coaching inn, with many contemporary improvements, this is a family-friendly spot with great facilities — that include a hot tub in the spa. There’s also a terrace and gardens, a pool and playroom, and a choice of bars and restaurants.
For Great Value
- Titchwell Manor is an elegant and unfussy hotel on the Norfolk coast, offering incredible views and traditional comforts. Details like flagstone floors, and fireplaces keep it cosy — this building started out as a Victorian farmhouse — but the 27 rooms and suites have all the mod cons. Two of the rooms have private patios with hot tubs.
- Lower Barns is a charming, six room B&B in St. Austell, Cornwall. Each of the rooms has been individually decorated, and features bright colours and treasures brought back from the owner’s travels. Two rooms have private hot tubs.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could browse some of our recommendations for hot tub hotels by location?
- The Best Hotels with Hot Tubs near London
- Top 10 London Hotels with Hot Tubs
- Yorkshire hotels with hot tubs
- The Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the West Country
- The Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the Lake District
- The Best Hotels with hot tubs in Scotland
- The 10 Best Hotels with hot tubs in The Cotswolds
- The 20 Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South East
- The 20 Best Hotels with Hot Tubs in the South West
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Chewton Glen New Milton, Hampshire 72 rooms from £405Country Escape - A gorgeous country house spa, set in 130 acres of parkland at the edge of the magical New Forest.Tennis - There are both indoor and outdoor tennis courts and coaching with the resident pro.Great walks - Plenty of walking across the 130 acres of parkland, or head into the New Forest.Fishing - There is fishing available nearby, ask at the hotel for details.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux, Michelin Travel
On the edge of the New Forest and close to the sea, Chewton Glen offers five-star luxury to couples and families. Its wow-factor treehouse accommodation is the star of the show, along with the fantastic staff that always go the extra mile. Imitable service, gourmet dining and The Beehive, kids club. See More
South Lodge Hotel Nr Horsham, West Sussex 89 rooms from £315Private Hot Tub - Book the Godman or Farriers Suite for your own private terrace with hot tubTraditionalViews - Great views from hotelFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
Summer Lodge Evershot, Dorset 24 rooms from £265Foodies - The dream team of Head Chef Steven Titman and world-renowned Sommelier Eric Zwiebel make dinner an unforgettable experience.Romantic Break - Let your romantic side out with candlelit hot tub sessions, in room champagne and rose petals on the bed.Great walks - Borrow wellies for strolls around the English garden or the adjoining deer park teeming with wildlife and natural beauty.Tennis - Guests are welcomed to use the hotel rackets for a Sunday afternoon knockabout on the courts.Recommended by - I Escape, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Relais & Chateaux
A Hardy-esque country house turned hotel, surrounded by lovely gardens and spectacular countryside. Luxurious rooms boasts elaborate floral fabrics and plush furnishings. The gourmet restaurant is not to be missed, nor the extensive bar. A cosy countryside base, complete with pool, spa and tennis. See More
Middleton Lodge Estate Richmond, Yorkshire 36 rooms from £250Country Escape - Good for weekend getaways. Enjoy the quiet and peaceful atmosphere of this country estateWeddings - if you have a country house wedding in mind, this is it!Writing a novel - Be inspired by the serene atmospherePrivate Hot Tub - Dairy rooms come with private outdoor hot tubsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Sawdays
Luxurious country estate with a spectacular Georgian Palladian mansion at its heart. Luxuries include four poster beds, fireplaces and in room hot tubs making for an utterly spoiling stay. Pampering treatment rooms and organic food in the Coach House AA-Rosette restaurant offer a guilt-free treat. See More
Galgorm Spa & Golf Resort Co. Antrim, County Antrim 122 rooms from £220Spa breaks - The spa is the real lure with five outdoor hot tubs, two saunas, and a River House for lounging half on land and half over waterRomantic Break - With romantic suites, private hot tubs, a spa, and fine dining — this is the perfect place for a romantic breakGolf - Galgorm boasts a Championship Parkland course and a 6-hole Pitch & Putt as well as a Golf AcademyGroups - Riverside Cabins, Cottage Suites, Shepherds Huts and Residence are ideal for groups or families
A luxury riverside hotel & spa set in 163 acres of mature woodlands. A wide range of accommodation includes rooms, suites, & lodges which feel traditional yet luxurious. With an award-winning restaurant & a stand out spa that boasts outdoor hot tubs & a snow cabin, this promises a rejuvenating stay. See More
Windermere Boutique Hotel Windermere, Cumbria 13 rooms from £220Active Holiday - Lake Windermere is perfect for watersports, and the surrounding parklands provide top notch walking and cycling options.Local exploring - Explore the rolling beauty of the Lake District, surrounding National Parkland and Beatrix Potter country.Sights nearby - Visit Beatrix Potter's Home- Hill Top, less than three miles from the hotel.Great walks - Beautiful walking routes around the shores of Lake Windermere.
A beautiful Edwardian house hotel, near the shores of Lake Windermere. The individually decorated rooms are comfortable and spacious. Downstairs one can enjoy delicious food in the intimate dining room. In the heart for Beatrix Potter country, this is definitely one for the Peter Rabbit lovers. See More
The Exhibitionist Hotel London (South West) 37 rooms from £189Local exploring - Well located in South Kensington within walking distance of the Natural History Museum, Royal Albert Hall, and HarrodsRomantic Break - Pick one of the sexy Splash Suites with moody design and enormous hot tubs — perfect for a romantic hideawayCity Style - A hip art hotel with truly quirky (yet luxurious) designPrivate Hot Tub - Squint Splash Suite Room and the Drop Dead Gorgeous Splash Suite have spacious hot tubs in their bathrooms
A quirky luxury hotel located in upmarket South Kensington. A range of doubles and suites are all individually styled with bold design; think plush headboards, velvet fabrics, sculptures, & modern artwork. The best have terraces and hot tubs. With a cocktail bar and restaurant, this is a hip stay. See More
The Bird Bath 31 rooms from £187Local exploring - Fab location for visiting all of the city's main historic sites on foot yet just a few streets away from the madding crowdsPet friendly - Dogs receive a Woof Box with bed & water bowl (£25 per dog, per night). Dog-sitting & walking can be organised on requestFamilies - Many rooms are family sized & come with sofa beds or travel cots. Kids will love the fun welcome pack & delicious menusRestaurant - Sociable, laid-back & great value Plate Restaurant focusses on British food that is honest, seasonal, local & freshRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
Rocpool Reserve Inverness 11 rooms from £185Private Hot Tub - Two rooms feature private outdoor hot tubsRestaurant - Recommended.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Crab and Boar Newbury, Berkshire 14 rooms from £129Country Escape - With loads of country pursuits on the doorstep The Crab and Boar is perfect for a weekend getaway.Romantic Break - For a cheeky romantic break this is perfect. Book a hot tub room and enjoy!Restaurant - Great restaurant which prides itself on serving the best of British food from oysters to scotch eggs!Private Hot Tub - Several of the bedrooms have their own patios and outdoor hot tubsRecommended by - Sawdays
The Crab and Boar is an historic rural pub with rooms providing contemporary countryside accommodation with comfortable, cosy interiors and a relaxing restaurant. Some rooms have a private hot tub and terrace. Plenty of country pursuits and outdoor activities nearby. For perfect weekend getaways. See More
The Swan Hotel & Spa Cumbria 58 rooms from £177Country Escape - Surrounded by Cumbria's rolling hills with all the trimmings of a proper country stayGreat walks - Several easy walks from the hotel, or nearby Gummer’s How is an easy climb with fantastic viewsSights nearby - Holker Hall and Levens Hall both boast beautiful gardensSailing - Sailing on Lake WindermereRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Overlooking the River Leven on the South shore of Lake Windemere. Traditional, whitewashed Lakeland coaching inn with smart and colourful, contemporary interiors and a great, family-friendly ethos. Boasting views, walks and airy interiors plus indoor pool and spa, brasserie and bar. A great stay. See More
Dannah Farm Derbyshire 8 rooms from £150Country Escape - A cosy farmhouse set in picturesque countryside.Sights nearby - Take a tour of Chatsworth House, the home of the Duke and Duchess of Devonshire.Private Hot Tub - There are three rooms with private outdoor hot tubsSecluded setting - For escaping.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The White Horse, West Sussex Chilgrove, West Sussex 15 rooms from £150Country Escape - Private cottage style rooms with lovely views of the green rolling hills at this country chic hotel.Local exploring - In the heart of the Sussex countryside, a good place to base yourselves to explore the area.Foodies - Known for its exquisite restaurant serving British cuisine, awarded 1 AA Rosette.Great walks - Ramble in the South Downs. There are miles of paths for walkers of all abilitiesRecommended by - Sawdays, Good Hotel Guide
Titchwell Manor Brancaster, Norfolk 27 rooms from £145Private Hot Tub - There are two rooms whose private patios offer a luxurious wooden outdoor hot tub.Views - Overlooking the North Norfolk coastline and marshes.Great walks - Lovely walks on the Norfolk coastal path.Birdwatching - Midweek birdwatching packages availableRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Sawdays
Boutique Norfolk coastal hotel with stunning views. Individually designed rooms offer traditional touches; flagstone floors, chintz wallpaper and sash wallpaper - all with contemporary bathrooms. Stunning modern European cuisine served in a lovely conservatory. Wonderful rural abode. See More
Cotswold House Hotel Chipping Campden, The Cotswolds 28 rooms from £144Total relaxation - Refresh yourself at this quaint country retreat, enjoy spa treatments, long walks and deep soaking tubs!Sights nearby - Just 5kms away is Broadway Tower a unique Capability Brown Folly Tower which has imressive views.Local markets - Chipping Campden has a whole range of quirky independent shops selling crafts and gifts.Great walks - Explore the Cotswolds countryside, renowned for it's natural beauty and serenity.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels
A historic property in the heart of a quaint village. Rooms are modern with indulgent bathrooms - think rain showers and large free standing baths. Open fireplaces give a cosy feel. Relaxed dining areas serve food inspired by local produce. The six room spa is excellent. The perfect country escape. See More
Applegarth Villa Windermere (Cumbria) 22 rooms from £140Romantic Break - Adults only hotel with a cocktail bar, huge rooms and private hot tubsSights nearby - Beatrix Potter and Wordsworth's houses are a short drive awayPrivate Hot Tub - All the seven suites have their own private outdoor hot tub.Sailing - A sailing trip along the iconic Lake Windemere
Adults-only, boutique bolthole with high-quality, designer bedrooms, including sumptuous suites with private hot-tubs. Family-run with a relaxed atmosphere and bistro-style restaurant and bar with an expansive collection of whiskeys. A real, spoiling treat in a great location. See More
St Pierre Park Hotel & Golf Resort St Peter Port, Guernsey 131 rooms from £135Private Hot Tub - All garden suites have private gardens with hot tubs overlooking the lakeGreat walks - Explore the extensive grounds or walk or run round the "Trim trail"Spa - Offering a wide range of treatments using Clarins productsRestaurant - Fine dining or more relaxed brasserie style
Lower Barns St Austell (South Cornwall) 6 rooms from £130Romantic Break - With only six individually designed rooms, two featuring a private hot tub, Lower Barns is perfect for a romantic getawayLocal exploring - In the heart of rugged Cornish countryside, it's a great launchpad for exploring the area around St. AustellPrivate Hot Tub - Two of the rooms have their own private hot tub and secluded garden. One even has a woodburnerSights nearby - Six miles from the amazing Eden project which boasts an enormous indoor rainforest
Delightful boutique B&B nestled amidst rolling Cornish countryside outside St. Austell. Six individually designed rooms featuring bright colours inspired by the owners' travels, two with private hot tubs. Gorgeous mature gardens and table d'hote style dinners. Perfect for a romantic hideaway. See More
Tuddenham Mill Tuddenham, Suffolk 15 rooms from £125Private Hot Tub - Book one of the new Nook Rooms for your private outdoor wood fired cedar hot tubSights nearby - Cambridge and Bury St Edmunds are close byBoutiqueRestaurant - Recommended.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Sawdays
Hare and Hounds Hotel Tetbury, The Cotswolds 42 rooms from £125Romantic Break - With lovely rooms and superb food, this is ideal for romance. Book the Magnolia Suite for your private outdoor hot tubLocal exploring - Tetbury is a great base for exploring the CotswoldsRestaurant - Fine dining in the Beaufort Restaurant which has been awarded 2 AA RosettesLocal markets - The historic Cotswold market town of Tetbury is only two miles away.
The Hare and Hounds is a traditional Cotswold country house hotel. The newly refurbished rooms and suites have an air of elegance and surround a delightful courtyard. The restaurant's creative menu is popular with locals and visitors alike. A smart but relaxed getaway amid stunning countryside. See More