The Best Hotels in Beacon Hill
For quintessential Boston, it doesn't get much better than Beacon Hill. With the nation's original park, Boston Common, and Massachusetts State House - this is a historic and scenic part of the city. Dotted with boutiques and luxury stores and with a good selection of restaurants, there is plenty to do locally. The best hotels in Beacon Hill mostly fall into the high-end category. However, our hotel experts have scoured the neighbourhood to bring you their favourite picks in the area which also includes a chic self-catering option and a small hotel with a wonderful bistro alongside the expected luxury stays. So why not browse through our collection to start planning your next break?
- Sonder Hancock Suites is a selection of studios and one-bedroom suites situated in residential Beacon Hill. The decor ticks all the boutique boxes: signature walls, velvet cushions and a fun mishmash of antique and contemporary furniture. With fully-equipped kitchens and dining areas, this is a great choice for long-stays.
- XV Beacon is a preppy New England frat boy with style; proud, polite but ready to party if you want to. With luxurious rooms (think cashmere throws, gas fireplaces, and Frette linen), fine-dining and a dedicated wine-room this is a smart choice set in the upscale Beacon Hill neighbourhood.
- The Whitney Hotel is a luxury boutique set at the foot of Beacon Hill. Rooms are stylish and feature white subway-tiled bathrooms and offer lovely city views. However, the family run Italian/American restaurant is a charming personal touch and the real attraction.
- Beacon Hill Hotel & Bistro is a small elegant hotel with 13 bright rooms decorated in a simple yet stylish manner. Set in Beacon Hill at the start of the Freedom Trail, this is a prime location for those wanting to see the city's main sights. Best yet, guests can return for dinner at the award-winning restaurant.
Still not sure where to book?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Boston.
- Widen your search to include all our recommendations for the best waterfront hotels in Boston of the best spa hotels in Boston.
- Alternatively, feel free to call or email one of our gurus for advice.
Sonder Hancock Suites Boston 11 rooms from £231Local exploring - One of Boston's most picturesque areas; there are Federal-style and Victorian buildings, historic sites, boutiques & restaurantsGreat walks - The beautiful and historic Boston Common and Public Garden are walking distance and perfect for strolls and jogsSights nearby - Walk to Boston Tea Party Ship & Museum, New State House and Benjamin Franklin StatueDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Selection of studios and one-bedroom suites situated in Boston's residential Beacon Hill. Decor ticks all the boutique boxes; signature walls, velvet cushions and a fun mishmash of antique and contemporary furniture. Fully-functioning kitchens & dining areas make this a fab long-stay city bolthole. See More
The Whitney Hotel Boston (Beacon Hill) 69 rooms from £195Local exploring - Amble down the surrounding streets and discover the 19th century buildings filled with restaurants, bars and shopsGreat walks - There are lots of beautiful walks, especially over the Longfellow bridge, and green-spaces surrounding the hotelRestaurant - Peregrine is a local owned restaurant, on-site, specialising in American/Italian cuisineSights nearby - Visit the the Public Garden, the first public botanic garden in the USRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
A luxury boutique hotel situated at the foot of Beacon Hill. Rooms are spacious and stylish with white subway-tiled bathrooms, rain showers and stunning views of Beacon Hill and the Charles River. Dine at the family-owned restaurant Peregine that boasts delicious Italian/Bostonian fare. Superb. See More
XV Beacon Boston 63 rooms from £254Restaurant - the award-winning MoooCity StyleWhirlpool Bathtub - Whirlpool Bathtubs are available in the Contemporary Classic Rooms, Beacon Hill Studios, Boston Common Studios and the suitesFour poster beds - in some roomsRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
A classy luxurious hotel in the smart Beacon Hill district of Boston where guests can enjoy almost any treat they can think of. A super-sybaritic treat. See More
Beacon Hill Hotel Boston 13 rooms from £171Sights nearby - Right by major attractions - Beacon Hill, Boston Common, the start of the Freedom Trail, Faneuil Hall MarketplaceRestaurant - Lunch & breakfast are American style but for dinner the inspiration is French. Serves until 11pm for post-theatre crowdOutstanding location
Charming, intimate hotel in the heart of Beacon Hill, an elegant neighbourhood at the start of the Freedom Trail. Twelve thoughtfully designed rooms mirror the area's historical character whilst offering all the modern conveniences. Relax on the private terrace or try the award-winning restaurant. See More