Search the best hotels in Burgos
Burgos is best known for its amazing Gothic cathedral, which looms over the rest of the beautiful, medieval Old Town like a fancy jewel. This was once a key stop on the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage, but it's worth more than just a 'pop in' - this is a great city for foodies, and is rife with interesting buildings, you just have to look beyond the cathedral. The best places to stay in Burgos tend to be very reasonably priced, because, despite the Heritage Listed Cathedral and Old Town, this is a largely unsung destination.
Burgos tends to be overlooked because, on the outside at least, it's got the grey and staid stone architecture of northern Spain. But once you enter the elegant historic centre by the massive gates, you'll begin to see the city's treasures, including the large statue of El Cid, Burgos's favourite son, and definitely worth looking up if you're going to be in this part of the country. Plus, there are several elegant plazas and promenades, lined with tapas bars and cafes.
Burgos is just packed with worthy little museums and churches and it would take a number of days to 'see the sights'.
What Not To Miss
- The lovely Burgos Cathedral is well worth a visit. Costing €7, you can go round with an audio tour and learn all about the place's history whilst you revel in its architectural beauty.
- Wander around the Historic Centre of Burgos and enjoy the beautiful narrow cobbled streets, lovely architecture and lots of fantastic restaurants.
- The Museo de la Evolución Humana expertly details humanity's evolution, using a number of archaeological findings from the nearby Atapuerca site. There are plenty of interactive displays and audio guides in English to help you make the most out of your trip.
- Enjoy an afternoon picnic in Paseo del Espolon - a shady spot full of fountains, a variety of trees and statues. An incredibly peaceful spot.
- If you have a car then drive over to Orbaneja del Castillo, a small clifftop town nestled in the Ebro Valley 60km north of Burgos. This archaic village is surrounded by plenty of lovely hikes and natural waterfalls in which to enjoy a refreshing dip.
This town is perfect for a quiet off the beaten track city break. Book into one of our pick of the best places to stay in Burgos and enjoy a trip to remember!
For central location
- La Puebla is a chic, little hotel in a historic spot, just on the outskirts of the medieval heart of Burgos. The hotel is a well preserved 19th Century affair, with 19 rooms, a sun terrace and a good little bar. It's also priced extremely reasonably.
- The Hotel Landa is a castle tower with 13 elegant bedrooms and two restaurants. Attractive, romantic and family owned, this hotel will make a memorable place to lay your head.
Just out of town
- El Batan Del Molino is situated a short distance outside Burgos in the Arlanza river valley. This 11th century converted flour mill offers traditional accommodation set in lovely gardens. A top family spot.
For An Apartment
- If you think that a self-catering option would best suit your needs then browse through the wide variety available with our partner, booking.com.
- Burgos isn't as warm as in other parts of Spain, so it's definitely best to visit during the summer. July is the warmest month, experiencing an average temperature of 20°C, however this is peak season and so expect to pay more for accommodation.
- Visitors should fly to Madrid Airport (about 233km south of the city - around two and a half hours away). The airport is served by many national and international airlines, plus low cost carriers as well. There is a bus company (ALSA) that runs a regular service between the airport and Burgos, but you may find it easier and more flexible to hire a car.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Burgos for you?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Burgos.
- Check out Salamanca and Zamora in the same region of Castilla y Leon.
- Or, contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Burgos
Best Hotels in Burgos
La Puebla Burgos 19 rooms from AU$68Local exploring - Explore this medieval city, with its Cathedral Santa Maria, historical sights, markets and Spanish diningSights nearby - Cathedral, and very close to Plaza Mayor square, the Teatro Principal theatre, the Statue of El Cid and Casa del Cordón palaceLocal markets - Good for local colour.Boutique
El Batan del Molino Burgos (Quintanilla del Agua) 9 rooms from AU$98Secluded setting - For escaping.Full of characterRemote - Off the beaten track.Traditional
11th century timber framed flour mill converted to give maximum space without losing any character. A beautiful spot in the Arlanza river valley. Rooms are bright and comfortable with exposed stone walls & tiled floors. Lovely garden with covered barbecue area and pool. Perfect rural family escape. See More
Hotel Landa Burgos (km 235) 13 rooms from AU$160Romantic BreakSights nearby - Museo de la Evolución Humana.Restaurant - Recommended.Four poster beds - For romantics.
A highly romantic property just outside Burgos. A family run castle tower and square with elegant bedrooms and two fantastic restaurants. Rooms and suites have four poster beds, big bath tubs, and attractive opulent furnishings. A great choice for a romantic break with excellent food. See More