Search the best hotels in Aberdeen
Aberdeen teaches us that glittering grey is beautiful! Built grandly and largely from grey granite, Aberdeen blends spectacularly with its surroundings, glittering against the North Sea skies. Merchant money built this city and oil money continues to fuel it. The city has hotels, restaurants and clubs on a par with Edinburgh and London and many of the best places to stay in Aberdeen would certainly claim to rival those, but luckily there are plenty of attractions not priced for oil barons.
Aberdeen has always been a powerhouse of a city. Built on the North Sea estuary of the Rivers Dee and Don, Aberdeen began as a great port. Some of Aberdeen's appeal is in its grand granite city - also known for its green parks and communal spaces - Aberdeen has won the Britain in Bloom competition ten times! But some of Aberdeen's appeal is in its surrounds. There are lovely beaches all along this coastline, the dramatic Cairngorms are to the west and of course you've easy access to whisky country. But the spot itself is also pretty spectacular once the sea and the sky start colouring.
What Not To Miss
- Aberdeen is a great place for a city break, and if that's why you're here make sure you visit the Maritime Museum, which has a replica North Sea oil platform, which illustrates Aberdeen's ongoing relationship with the sea as well as the past.
- The oldest part of Aberdeen is across the Brig O'Balgownie, one of the oldest bridges in Britain. This is where you'll find the Citadel, 500 year old King's College, Gothic triumph Marischal College and Union Street, the main shopping street, lined with impressively solid Victorian buildings.
- The Old Town House, at the north end of High St., is where you can find out more about the city.
- Aberdeen Art Gallery is anything but parochial, with work by Bacon and Damien Hirst.
- If you're here for the whisky there are a number of working distilleries a short distance from the city, and there are plenty of whisky tours you can join, or routes you can follow, to ensure you can taste as many as possible.
- If you want to stay in a tartan bedecked castle, Malmaison Aberdeen is certainly one of the best places to stay in Aberdeen. The Malmaision brand means you know you can expect all the mod. cons. and more, and in this case the 'more' includes an epic selection of Scottish tipples!
- Ideal for exploring the city, The Chester Hotel is only a short walk from the city centtre and is set in a lovely 19th-century listed building. Combining original architecture with elegant contemporary features. Offers stylish rooms and meals at the fabulous restaurant are a must! Beauty treatments available. A top-notch chic city stay!
- The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa is a wonderful Scottish refuge on the outskirts of Aberdeen, perfect for a luxury spa escape, but also great as a base to explore the local area. Shooting, fishing, golf, there's plenty to do in these parts!
For an apartment or cottage
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a great range of properties throughout the city, ensuring something for everyone.
- Fly to Aberdeen International Airport located only 11km (7 miles) from the city centre. The airport caters to a wide number of destinations both within the UK and in Europe.
- Alternatively, catch a train to Aberdeen with a range of services connecting Aberdeen to the rest of the country - there's a direct train service to London.
- If you want to rent a car to explore the beautiful region beyond Aberdeen - for prices visit our online partner Rentalcars
- Best time to visit - the summer months from June to early September offer the warmest weather for getting out and exploring the city and surrounding countryside.
Still not sure?
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay in Aberdeen
- Alternatively, widen the net and include our recommendations in Edinburgh or the Highlands and Islands
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Aberdeen
Best Hotels in Aberdeen
Malmaison Aberdeen Aberdeen 80 rooms from AU$178Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Restaurant - Recommended.SpaRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
The Chester Hotel Aberdeen 72 rooms from AU$186City Style - The Chester Hotel is a great base from which to get to know AberdeenLocal exploring - See all that the city has to offerGreat walks - Wander through Duthie Park Winter GardensRestaurant - Recommended.
A short walk from the city centre, The Chester Hotel is set in a lovely 19th-century listed building. Combines original architecture with elegant contemporary features. Offers stylish rooms and meals at the fabulous restaurant are a must! Beauty treatments available. A top-notch chic city stay! See More
The Marcliffe Hotel and Spa Aberdeen (Pitfodels) 42 rooms from AU$319Spa - Beauty care and therapeutic treatments for both men and womenRestaurant - Fine dining which showcases the best of Scottish produceFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels