Search the best hotels in La Morra
About La Morra
La Morra is a picturesque medieval hilltop town overlooking a patchwork of the Langhe region’s verdant fields and vines. Stay here, and you’re only 50kms from Turin, and 15kms from Alba, in the heart of truffle and hazelnut country, as well as within striking distance of the sparkling wines of Asti, and the big reds of Barolo. So the best places to stay in La Morra are certainly going to appeal to foodies and oenophiles! Our pick of the best places to stay in La Morra includes a couple of country escapes with views of the Barolo hills and restaurants offering cooking classes; a chic B&B with a pool; and a small, and very stylish, contemporary hotel.
The centre of La Morra is small but picturesque, with three impressive churches and another three beautiful chapels offering up a glorious array of marble, gilt, statuary, murals and frescoes. The town also has a bell tower visitors are able to climb — another good spot for appreciating the views. And of course there are numerous cafes, bars and restaurants, and a couple of wine shops where you can do tastings of the local Barolo, Barbarescos, Nebbiolos and Barberas. There are plenty of vineyards with cellar doors, or where you an arrange a tour or tastings, and two of our favourite hotels also offer tastings and tours.
We also recommend the best places to stay in La Morra to anyone asking for a countryside escape in the region, and to those who claim to be tired of Tuscany; it’s small, but pretty with it, and its views and cuisine make it wonderfully romantic.
The Best Places to Stay in La Morra
For the Views
- Arborina Relais is a chic, contemporary choice on the edge of La Morra, amongst hills lined with Barolo vines. It has just ten rooms and suites, smartly decorated in shades of grey, with private terraces and floor-to-ceiling windows to make the most of the spectacular views. The restaurant is elegant but relaxed, with an impressively stocked wine bar. Even though it’s only small, this property also has a very nice spa.
For a Country Escape
- The Palas Cerequio is an elegantly converted collection of wine estate buildings, surrounded by grape vines and vineyard views. The property has just nine rooms and suites, all uniquely, and simply, decorated to make the most of their original features, like fireplaces, large, shuttered windows, and French doors — some rooms have private saunas. The restaurant is known for its regional cuisine; they run cooking classes too, and wine tastings from their impressive cellars. Walk, cycle, eat, drink, relax etc, and bring your kids.
- Real Castello is a castle turned 17 room hotel. Its facade is arguably more villa than castle, but within are the sort of details not found in villas: vast ceilings painted with murals, ornate stonework and huge, arched doorways. Each of the guest rooms is large, and furnished with an impressive collection of antiques, and most have wonderful views over the grounds and landscaped gardens. The traditional restaurant also has sweeping views of the grounds, and surrounding hills, and a suitably fantastic wine cellar. Guests are able to attend cooking classes, as well as tour the local wineries.
For Great Value
- Fior di Farine is a five room B&B in the centre of La Morra, just opposite the town’s historic mill. Each of the five rooms are decorated to make the most of their original features, including exposed beams and tiled floors — the fanciest rooms feature Persian rugs and antiques. The communal lounge is stylish and welcoming, as is the breakfast room, the property even has a pool!
Prefer a self catering Apartment or Villa?
- If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Turin Airport is the closest international airport to La Morra: about an hour away by car. Milan Malpensa and Milan Linate, are also in the area, and are about two hours away by car. La Morra is quite tricky to reach via public transport. There are buses, but they’re very intermittent.
- So we recommend you arrange an airport pick up, or consider hiring a car. If you decide to hire a car we suggest you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Summer is probably the most popular time to visit La Morra, but that’s possibly because it’s the most popular time for international visitors. If you’re serious about food and wine, the best time to visit might be associated with food festivals, harvest or foraging seasons — for white truffles and hazelnuts it's autumn, while the wine makers spread their festivals throughout the year.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay in Piedmont
- Expand only a little further and include the best places to stay in Asti with its sparkling wine and historic architecture, Alba, with its white truffles, Turin for the Fiats and Nutella, or Lake Maggiore, with its exotic plants
- You might also refine your search by the kind of holiday you’re planning, and focus on the best wine hotels in Piedmont
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in La Morra
Best Hotels in La Morra
Fior di Farine La Morra (La morra) 5 rooms from €110Romantic Break - Fior di Farine's quiet atmosphere and lovely accommodation make it the ideal choice for a romantic getawayLocal exploring - Stroll through the quaint historic town of La MorraGreat walks - Head off on long walks through the countryside and feel utterly rejuvenatedBoutique
Fior di Farine B&B is situated in the centre of La Morra opposite the town's historic mill-wake up each morning to the smell of freshly ground wheat! This charming spot offers five individually decorated rooms, with the smartest featuring Persian rugs and antiques. A lovely and quiet romantic stay. See More
Real Castello La Morra 17 rooms from €128Views - Fab views over the Langhe district, the Tanaro valley, the Roero district and the AlpsHistoric - A beautiful 15th century castle with whitewashed walls and green shutters.Wine tasting - Vineyards of Verduno and Barbaresco and tours of hotel wine cellarsFoodies - Many vineyards nearby including Verduno Pelaverga
A beautiful and authentic hotel in a former castle. Large rooms are filled with antiques and elegant furnishings. Traditional restaurant with sweeping views over stunning grounds. Lots of wine tasting in the region. A great choice for families or couples, especially those interested in wine. See More
Palas Cerequio La Morra 9 rooms from €190Views - Breathtaking views over the surrounding countrysideGreat walks - Good walking routes through the wineryCooking classes - With Chef Vincenzo La CorteSwimming Pool - Outdoor pool
An elegant vineyard residence in the picturesque and peaceful Langhe Hills. The hotel has several old, authentic bedrooms with original architectural features alongside newer, minimal guest rooms - some with private saunas. A restaurant serves regional dishes alongside fine local wines. See More
Arborina Relais La Morra (Cn) 10 rooms from €290Weddings - Offering a beautiful setting along with wedding planners, caterers and event organisers.Local exploring - Find plenty to explore in the surrounding vineyards, castles and picturesque villages.Swimming Pool - Outdoor poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
A chic contemporary offering set in the picturesque rolling Barolo hills. Beautifully styled rooms feature wooden floors, private terraces, soft grey hues and floor to ceiling windows to enjoy the spectacular views. Boasting a spoiling spa, fine dining restaurant and a well stocked wine bar. See More