Search the best hotels in London
Everyone should visit London at least once. Like New York, Paris and Beijing, London is a historical metropolis with iconic sights at almost every turn. Those of us who love it and don't live there have to keep returning again and again, which is why the best places to stay in London are also some of the best places to stay in the whole world, with something for most tastes and most budgets. We’ve tried to reflect that in our picks of London hotels, but our real list of all the places our Gurus recommend in London is extensive.
Aside from where to stay, and we’ve tried to answer the question of which part of town you might like to base yourself in before we get into the specific hotel recommendations; the real question is which of London’s attractions do you want to see most? The V&A? The Natural History Museum? The Science Museum? The British Museum, the Royal Academy? The Tate Modern or Britain? Oxford Street, Regent Street, Bond Street? Knightsbridge, Kensington? The Royal Albert Hall? The Southbank? The Globe? The Thames? Hyde Park? Battersea Park, St. James’s Park, Richmond Park, Kew Gardens? And these are just the headliners, but choosing which you want to see most will be a huge help in deciding which is the best place to stay in London for you.
Some of our London Collections:
- Top 5 Luxury London Hotels
- The 20 Most Romantic London Hotels
- 20 Cool London Hotels on a Budget
- 10 Best London B&Bs
- London's 10 Best Boutique Hotels
- Top 10 London Chic Hotels
- 20 Great Value London Hotels
- London's 10 Best Character Hotels
- Top 10 Cosy London Boltholes
- 10 Top London Hotels with Hot Tubs
- 13 of the Best Family Hotels in London
- 11 London Hotels with a View
- 16 Cool Hotels in London
- 12 Quirky and Unusual Hotels in London
Where to stay - which neighbourhood?
- If you’ve a date with the museums Kensington might be the best place to stay in London for you: it’s got the V&A, the Natural History Museum, the Science Museum, the Royal Albert Hall, the edge of Hyde Park and the Serpentine Gallery, Kensington Palace and a lot more besides. And it’s most civilised and agreeable, with pedestrianised eating areas, restaurants, bars and cafes, plenty of shopping opportunities — quite high-end ones too — and good tube and bus access to the rest of London. There are plenty of really charming hotels here, but some inexpensive, more basic options too.
- If you want to come to London to treat yourself then look to gold-plated, five star, celebrity hang-out Knightsbridge. Probably most famous for its shopping, Knightsbridge is studded with top fashion brands, all vying for proximity to department store icons Harrods and Harvey Nichols. Knightsbridge’s hotel collection includes grande dames, contemporary design hotels, intimate private hotel hideaways and some of the most luxurious hotels in London.
- And if you really want to treat yourself stay in Mayfair, which is elegant and in some places even regal, between Hyde Park and Bond Street. Mayfair is a great location if you’re coming to London to shop, see a show, eat well and/or visit the museums, and the only reason anyone would choose not to stay here is if the price tag, or the lack of price tag, would eat too heavily into the shopping/eating/theatre fund. Mayfair isn’t one of the most expensive plots on a Monopoly board on a whim of the designers.
- If you're here to see a show and do some shopping you might want to choose a property in the West End, which includes the area around Covent Garden, Soho and Leicester Square. Covent Garden is known as the home of the Royal Opera House, and centre of the theatre district, but it’s also a great place for shopping and eating. Plus there’s a beautiful church and some interesting museums, and the market itself. Soho is known for its nightlife, music venues, theatres and gay community, and it’s a great place to eat and drink of an evening. Berwick Street has the independent music shops and fabric, and the area around Carnaby Street is famously great for shopping. The area around Leicester Square includes Chinatown, Piccadilly Circus and Trafalgar Square, which also means the National Gallery and the Portrait Gallery, a slew of theatres, and cinemas, and restaurants, albeit, quite a lot of touristy ones.
- Hipsters and those looking for great design or for great value should check out the South Bank and the East End. The South Bank is a cultural centre as well as being hip, with the Southbank Centre, Royal Festival Hall and Hayward Gallery, The National Theatre, the BFI and the Old Vic, the Tate Modern, Shakespeare’s Globe and Borough Markets. And the aquarium and the London Eye. So if you choose to stay in this part of town you’re within walking distance of lots of attractions, and just a short stroll from a lot more. The South Bank doesn’t have the elegant look of some of the older built parts of town, and most of the hotels we recommend here have a contemporary vibe, and a lively atmosphere.
- The gentrified and hipster-fied East End of London includes buzzing Spitalfields and magical, multicultural Brick Lane, Whitechapel — which is still tarred with the Ripper’s brush, but is also known for its artist’s studios — and super-cool Hackney and Shoreditch. This part of town is perfect if you want to stay amongst fantastic artisanal cafes, niche organic restaurants, cool boutiques and fabulous nightclubs with rooftop bars and bike parking. It’s also a good choice if you want to be close to the city and the centre of town, but you also want to be around London locals, and pay a bit less than city centre prices.
- If it's a business trip then you'll probably need to book a hotel in the City of London, but despite being the financial hub and quite quiet at the weekend, The City makes a good base, being close to the Barbican, St. Paul’s, the Tower of London, Liverpool Street, Smithfield Market, and the Tate Modern and its cultural chums on the South Bank. And we’ve found there are a lot more than just business hotels in this part of town, there are also some serious boutique-y boutique hotels and a couple of excellent design hotels. And they all have hotel bars that are very lively during the week.
- We also know of some fantastic hotels further out of the centre of town, in leafy Richmond, Kew and Chiswick, which are particularly green parts of West London, and in cool Camden with its music scene, markets and proximity to the zoo, in quiet, canal-side Little Venice, and in more affordable south London suburbs too.
From clean, but basic, youth hostels to the world's grandest properties, the list of the best places to stay in London is long. For most of us price comes into the equation, just like location, so here are some of our Guru's top picks by price bracket and neighbourhood, and then our top picks by types of hotels.
The Best Places to Stay in London
London’s Top Hotels
- Claridge’s is an Art Deco darling and London institution, it’s pretty universally considered one of the best hotels in London and is arguably one of the most beautiful too, with its red brick facade, and sweeping black and white marble entrance and tea lounge. Claridge’s recent refurbishment was sympathetic to the beauty of the original, and it’s helped make the restaurant and the top floor spa just as popular as afternoon tea in the foyer. There are more Art Deco features here than you can spot on a visit of less than a week, and old fashioned charms, like manned lifts complete with a sofa and the sort of service that’s really a pleasure.
- In a fantastic Knightsbridge position opposite Hyde Park, The Berkeley is another stunning, luxurious grande dame, and one with London’s few rooftop pools. Its showstopper entrance is a relatively recent addition, and there are some new build rooms with lots of glass and steel, in addition to the more turn of the century original rooms. All have had a makeover, though, and the interiors are extremely elegant and comfortable. The food, in Marcus Wareing's eponymous restaurant, is fantastic and the service impeccable. Plus, if you haven’t quite packed properly they’ll lend you a Burberry trench. And there’s a Dyson hairdryer in every room.
- The Dorchester is another London landmark and institution, the kind of place to stay in if you want the royal treatment, even if you can’t afford to shop in the Chopard concession in the lobby. Its ritzy-yet-comfortable rooms and suites, many with splendid views of Hyde Park, are models of understated luxury, adorned with elegant drapery and recherché ornaments. And overall the feeling is traditional and formal, without being stuffy.
- Or, for something just as glamorous, but a bit more glossy, less fussy, try The Dorchester's sleeker, younger, more masculine brother hotel, 45 Park Lane, which has an Art Deco flavour adored by the smart set, and Wolfgang Puck's highly recommended in-house steak restaurant, CUT. The hotel’s 45 rooms and suites, all with views over Hyde Park, boast a colour palette of rich earth tones and sensuous fabrics that ooze retro-chic appeal, plus gleaming, marble bathrooms and all the jiggery-gadgetty-pokery you can imagine.
London hotels for under £300 per night
- Converted from a row of three Georgian townhouses in the heart of Soho, Hazlitt’s is a great choice if you’re looking for character and a lively, central location. And it’s got some great literary associations. The hotel has 30 rooms and suites, all of them individually, and quite splendidly decorated, with wood panelled walls, considered collections of antiques, art and rugs. They do a great breakfast, have an elegant bar, and you’re in a wonderful position for eating out of an evening. It’s so stylish and classic that it’s always cool.
- The Rookery is a stunningly converted row of three 18th century houses in trendy Clerkenwell, which is on the opposite side of London from many of the museums and galleries, but it’s still well connected. Inside ithe property is filled with antiques, art, wood panelling, and original copper and brass plumbing. Downstairs are flagstone floors and open fires. There’s no restaurant, but there are plenty in the area. And with just 33 rooms it’s intimate enough to call romantic.
For around £100 per night
- The citizenM brand is a trendy, contemporary 'lux for less' option, and they now have three branches to choose from: citizenM Shoreditch, citizenM Tower of London or the original, citizenM Bankside. All of them feature iconic art and furniture throughout, plus their trademark floor to ceiling windows and up to the minute gadgetry.
The Ultimate London City Break
- Just above Shaftesbury Avenue, and around the corner from The British Museum, The Bloomsbury is a grand hotel which really says ‘London’, tastefully blending British traditions with contemporary style. There are 153 rooms and suites, smartly designed with contemporary furniture, soft patterns and luxurious bathrooms. There’s a glamorous bar with plenty of local appeal and a great atmosphere. You’re close to the shops, the museums and galleries and the theatres.
- The Charlotte Street Hotel is a fashionable media hangout with stylish interiors, buzzy public areas and its own private cinema. It’s hip and happening and just above Oxford Street and Soho in the West End. It’s got its own brasserie, as well as a bar, and both are popular with locals as well as visitors.
Some of the Most Romantic Hotels in London
- The Corinthia Hotel is a beautifully restored, grand London hotel which hits just the right notes to make it both glamorous and elegant — this hotel is a ‘class act’. The original features of the building, built in the 1880s, are magnificent and the modern luxuries, like the marble bathrooms complete with built in televisions at the end of each bath, are just the sorts of things most of us find luxurious and special. Plus there’s a wonderful choice of bars and restaurants to match. It’s a real treat.
- Opulent, sumptuous and quirky, Batty Langley's is a relative newcomer to the London hotel scene, but it’s quickly becoming a popular romantic bolthole because of its great location, old fashioned feeling of luxury and cosy scale. The 29 rooms and suites here are a world away from the minimalist trend, instead they’re crammed with antiques and period features, from wood panelling, fireplaces, and heavy silk drapes to canopied four poster beds and period artworks on the walls. There's an honesty bar in the Tapestry Room, and the welcome bonus of a pretty courtyard for sitting out when the weather allows. There's no in-house restaurant, but the 24 hour room service offers sustenance for those who can't bear to leave this luxurious cocoon.
- We couldn’t create a list of hotel recommendations for London and leave The Ritz off the list: it is one of London’s most iconic hotels, known for its glitz and glamour, from the dapper doorman to the wonderful neoclassical details and the incredible Art Deco Tivoli bar. The decor is luxurious in the classical sense of the word, Louis XVI style with a touch of the Belle Époque about it, with impressive original art and truly fantastic public spaces. It’s world famous for a reason.
London’s Best Family Hotels
- The Nadler Kensington is a collection of white stucco London townhouses converted into streamlined, designer standard accommodation. There are 65 rooms and suites, all lit with big windows and high ceilings, and ranging from bunk rooms through singles and doubles to suites and family apartments, which also have generous kitchenettes. Most rooms have a view over the garden, or a pretty mews, and they all feel clean and fresh, perfect for an extended stay. There’s no restaurant, but they’ll deliver an affordable breakfast to your room each day if you want one. Great value.
- It’s very grand but No.11 Cadogan Gardens, the eclectically styled, lavishly decorated luxury boutique hotel just behind Sloane Square, is a really great London hotel recommendation for families. The family suites are lovely and big, with huge windows, and expansive marble bathrooms, and the hotel, which has been converted from several red brick townhouses, is an exciting warren of secret-feeling passages and surprise public spaces. There’s a library, a drawing room and a terrace, and the restaurant is excellent. Perfect if you or your children appreciate a Murano chandelier!
Favourite hotels In Mayfair
- The Connaught Hotel is one of the discreet and understated grande dames of Mayfair, the epitome of old world Britishness, but updated to meet the needs of modern life and design. The service is incredible; there’s a veritable fleet of butlers, providing you with the ultimate in traditional comforts. And it's the same in the bars and restaurants: the conservatory does a fantastic breakfast, the two bars attract a friendly, interesting crowd, and there are two restaurants, one with two Michelin stars.
Favourite Hotels in Kensington
- Blakes is the granddaddy of all boutique hotels, a wonderfully theatrical creation with 45 individually decorated decadent, themed rooms crammed full of wonderful antiques, interesting artwork and beautiful fabrics. Plus, of course, the restaurant is excellent and you’re peacefully, but well located, on the edge of Chelsea.
Favourite Hotels in Knightsbridge
- The Capital Hotel enjoys an enviable location right next door to Harrods, so a dream address for anyone interested in a spot of retail therapy. The classically styled rooms are elegant with plenty of luxurious touches including antique furnishings and artworks from the founder's own collection. Plus there are rooms and suites, ideal for longer stays.
Favourite Hotels in London’s West End
- Designed by Philippe Starck, St. Martins Lane is a design classic, perfectly positioned for seeing London - you’re between Covent Garden and Leicester Square. Fashion types and rock stars love it, and it’s famous for its light effects, buzzy bar, nightclub and restaurant.
Prefer a self-catering flat or apartment?
- If you’d prefer to stay in an apartment or private flat we recommend you visit our online partner, Booking.com.
- Heathrow is the UK’s main International Airport and the second busiest in the world. It’s 23kms out from the centre of town, a tube, bus, train or cab journey away. Gatwick, the UK’s second largest airport is a bit further out of town - 47kms, and best connected to the rest of London by train. London Stansted is 48kms out of town, and best connected by the Stansted Express. London City Airport is closest to the physical centre, with planes flying all the way into the Royal Docks close to Canary Wharf, but it’s a smaller airport, so not everyone will be able to fly right into the centre of town like this. You can get to the rest of London from City Airport using the tube or DLR. London is also easily reached by train, by catching the Eurostar to Kings Cross/St. Pancras if you’re travelling from the continent.
- If you want to hire a car during your stay in London or the UK we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- London isn’t visited for its weather, so choosing the best time to visit for you is going to be more based on why you’re visiting. Summer tends to be the busiest month, and it might be warm, and or sunny, or it might just be humid and grey; the best thing to do is just to enjoy what you get, that’s what Londoners will do. Christmas is lovely when all the lights are up and decorations in the windows. And spring and autumn are a mixed bag of showers and sunshine. If there’s a hint of an ‘Indian Summer’ where it’s warm into September and even October, then that will make a particularly nice backdrop to your visit.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in London for you?
- You could refine your search to just the 10 best hotels in Mayfair, our recommendations for 6 great Covent Garden Hotels, the 7 best hotels in the City of London or the best hotels on London's South Bank.
- Or you could refine by the sort of hotel you want to stay in, and check our our recommendations for London's 10 Best Boutique Hotels, 20 Cool London Hotels on a Budget, 13 of the Best Family Hotels in London or our recommendations for the Top 5 Luxury London Hotels.
- Alternatively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in London
Best Hotels in London
Batty Langley's London (The City) 29 rooms from $218Sights nearby - The property is minutes from Liverpool St so there's easy access to all of London's highlights.Local markets - Old Spitalfields market is just round the cornerFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.
Opulent, sumptuous and quirky converted 18th century townhouse in the trendy Spitalfields district. Gorgeous over-the-top rooms and suites offer stunning traditional interiors and equally impressive bathrooms. A romantic bolthole in the city of London perfect for a cosy getaway! See More
Hazlitt's London (West End) 27 rooms from $275Lively area - In the thick of the action.Full of characterTraditionalRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
This charming Georgian boutique is full of character and literary associations since 1718. This townhouse is in thick of it on vibrant Frith Street, home to lively bars and popular restaurants. Elegant wood paneled rooms are the perfect base, relax with a book or explore town as and when you wish. See More
The Rookery London (The City) 33 rooms from $361Exclusive offerSights nearby - Barbican is a cultural hub worth checking out for performances, screenings and more.Lively area - In the thick of the action.Full of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
Fashionable Clerkenwell is home to this intimate, period charm City bolthole which prides itself on homely atmosphere across three 18th Century houses. Rooms are full of character, classic antiques, open fires and roll top baths. Breakfast in bed or in the garden is the perfect way to start the day. See More
11 Cadogan Gardens London (South West) 56 rooms from $372Local exploringRomantic BreakSights nearby - Within walking distance of Buckingham Palace and the Houses of Parliament.OpulentRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
Located just behind Sloane Square, 11 Cadogan Gardens is a luxury boutique hotel in London part of Relais & Châteaux. Eclectic style with lavish interiors and comfortable rooms including a library, drawing room and terrace. Elegant and calm, this luxury gem is brilliantly positioned. See More
Qbic Hotel London 185 rooms from $88City - Well located in LondonSights nearby - All of London's highlights are easily accessible. Close to the trendy Brick LaneLively - Hip and happening.Quirky - An experience!
Hotel 55 London 29 rooms from $101Value chic - Stylish interiors, secluded balconies, personal service, trendy bar and delicious food- all for a totally reasonable price!Great walks - Ealing Common is a hub of activity in the summer, and all year round is home to walkers, joggers and roller bladers.Local markets - Ealing Broadway has a wonderful weekly market that's well worth checking out.Lively - Hip and happening.
Z Hotels at Gloucester Place London (Bayswater) 20 rooms from $109Value chic - An affordable hotel, with minimalist style, in the heart of London.Great walks - Take long walks through scenic Hyde Park.
Church Street Hotel London 31 rooms from $115City Style - A totally unqiue experience with quirky and meticulously thoughtout design, bold colours and unique charm.Value chic - Excellent value for money- top quality service, decor, cuisine and vibes for a reasonable price tag.Local markets - Borough Market on the weekend is a fantastic food heaven with stalls from all over Europe and places to catch a quick bite.Great walks - South London is full of parks, walk ways and beautiful buildings full of history.Recommended by - I Escape, Fodors, Good Hotel Guide
This wonderfully vibrant Mexican themed hotel is a shining light in Camberwell. Bright, cheerful rooms are full of character and thoughtful touches. Make sure you sample the to die for tapas, as well as the knockout cocktails in the Havana Lounge. A new wave of affordable and stylish hotels. See More
The Victoria Inn London 15 rooms from $119Foodies - For those after a modern British East End experience the gastropub downstairs offers just thatLocal exploring - Affordable accomodation just 5 miles from Central LondonSights nearby - Visit Dulwich Park or the free Horniman Museum and GardensGreat walks - Peckham Rye Park
The Tommyfield London (Kennington Cross) 6 rooms from $127Quirky - Live comedy on Thursdays.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Local markets - Good for local colour.
Brand-new bedrooms set in a fashionable pub just 10 minutes from central London via tube. Excellent pub menu, recently opened accommodation and evening entertainment including stand-up comedy make this an enticing property for those seeking London chic without a huge price tag. See More
The Petersham London (Surrey) 58 rooms from $127Restaurant - Recommended.Sights nearby - Great for Richmond Park, Royal Botanic Gardens and Twickenham StadiumViews - Over the River ThamesLocal markets - Good for local colour.
Z Shoreditch London 111 rooms from $128City Style - Make the most out of Z Shoreditch's location to truly get to know LondonValue chic - Top accommodation in a superb spot and at great priceSights nearby - Head over to Buckingham Palace, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square or any number of other attractions the city has to offer!Great walks - Wander around this iconic city getting a feel for its unique atmosphere
Z Shoreditch is located in the heart of London, just a short walk from Old Street station. This modern property offers smart and unfussy accommodation featuring 48 inch HD TVs-complete with free Sky Sports and Movies! Lovely breakfasts served up (at additional cost). A fantastic base in the city. See More
The Resident Kensington London (South West) 65 rooms from $147Value chic - Self catering facilities can cut your costs in half, with no compromise on style or location.Local exploring - Proximity to centre of town and main attractions makes this a great stay for local exploring.Great walks - Hyde Park is a large space in the heart of the city and offers miles of walkways and trails for cyclists.Local markets - The Acklam Village Market is open every Saturday and Sunday, come rain or shine.Recommended by - Sawdays, Frommers
The Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea's famously grand townhouses are converted into streamlined, designer accommodation. Light rooms with high ceilings, bay windows and ktichenettes are a good choice for longer stays. Proximity to the tube network makes it prime location. See More
Tulse Hill Hotel London (Lambeth) 9 rooms from $147Sights nearby - A short bus ride from the ThamesGreat walks - Brockwell Park
An old Victorian Tavern, dating back to the 1840s, now neatly restored as a bespoke guest house just minutes from Tulse Hill station. Bedrooms are large and comfortable with simple interiors. A cosy restaurant and bar has a large selection of beers and organic wines. Great value. See More
Twenty Nevern Square London (South West) 20 rooms from $147Local markets - Food markets are taking off in the city, so be sure to explore the local ones on the weekends.Full of characterFour poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
K West London (Shepherds Bush) 219 rooms from $152Spa - Subterranean spa with wide range of therapies and pampering on offer. The hotel also has its own Nail Bar.Sights nearby - Hop on the tube at Shepherds Bush for easy access to all major attractionsSwimming Pool - Indoor hydrotherapy poolLively - Hip and happening.
Cool modern hotel just a credit card’s throw from Westfield shopping centre. Spacious rooms in classy muted tones, a compact subterranean spa, and recently refurbished public rooms, including a buzzing bar and lounge, make it perfect for out-of-town shoppers and those craving an urban spa break. See More
The Coach and Horses London 31 rooms from $152Back to Nature - With Kew Gardens and Richmond Park a stone's throw from this hotel, there is plenty of ways to immerse yourself in natureHideaway - Nestled in the charming borough of Richmond, this hotel offers a hideaway from the hustle and bustle of central LondonRomantic Break - Couples love the quaint rooms at this former coaching inn; book a romantic dinner for two to complete the experienceGreat walks - Explore the verdant borough of Richmond on a long walk; head to Richmond Park to see wild deer and spectacular views
This boutique, Georgian pub with rooms sits opposite London's beautiful Kew Gardens. Botanical design permeates the bright guestrooms, while cosy soft furnishings add a country inn feel. Enjoy gourmet British food and local craft ales in the pub, with live music at the weekends; an inviting hotel. See More
Brook Green Hotel London (Hammersmith) 17 rooms from $152Sights nearby - Easy access to all of London's major attractionsTraditional
The Culpeper London 5 rooms from $154Sights nearby - So many sights to see such as Trafalgar Square and Big Ben just minutes away.Local markets - Browse the bustling Petticoat Lane Market.
CitizenM Tower of London London (The City) 370 rooms from $160Value chic - With CitizenM's trademark chic interiors at great prices, it's a brilliant London stay for those on a budget.Local exploring - Fantastic location for exploring not just the Tower of London, but the rest of the city tooSights nearby - You're right next to the tube, so the whole of London is easilly accessible ontop of the sights on your doorstepViews - There are great views over the Thames, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London from the balcony
Sunborn Yacht Hotel London (Western Gateway) 135 rooms from $163Short fly break - Located just 15 minutes away from London City AirportLocal exploring - Spend your days seeing all that London has to offerLocal markets - Camden Market and London Bridge Borough Market are both well worth a visitGreat walks - Wander all over this bustling city's streets getting a feel for the place
CitizenM Shoreditch London (Hackney) 216 rooms from $165Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring London's trendy East End and great transport links to the rest of the city.Sights nearby - Walking distance from Spitalfields Market and Brick Lane.Full of characterLocal markets - Good for local colour.
CitizenM's East London outpost in trendy Shoreditch. You'll find the usual "luxe for less": large comfy beds, stylish designer furniture, contemporary artworks and generally trendy vibe in the friendly and lively lounge/bar/restaurant area. Excellent value in a truly hipster part of town. See More
The Alma London (Wandsworth) 23 rooms from $165Sights nearby - Close to Battersea Arts Centre, and good transport links to all of London's main atractionsGreat walks - Explore the iconic Kew GardensFull of characterLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
A Victorian pub/hotel set within a quiet London district in striking distance of south, west and central London. Clean and well appointed rooms lend themselves to a comfortable stay. The bar and restaurant serve up traditional and hearty food and drinks, all for a reasonable price. See More
The Montcalm at the Brewery London (The City) 235 rooms from $170Foodies - Foodies will love the range here, from local seasonal produce, to gastro pub with cask ales and afternoon tea in the lounge!Romantic Break - An ideal bolthole for a romantic weekend in London, luxorious rooms offering marble bathrooms and chic dining.Local markets - Anyone with an interest in food must check out the nearby Borough food market- a bustling spot brimming with choice.Sights nearby - Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and Houses of Parliament all within two miles.
An excellent five-star hotel in the heart of London City district. The rooms are modern and chic with stylish furnishings and simple colour schemes. Culinary options are covered by a fine dining restaurant and a more relaxed gastropub. The perfect location for people in the City on business. See More
The Zetter Hotel London 59 rooms from $173Local markets - Borough Market is a great place to go in the weekend to browse the food stalls.Sights nearby - Tower of London next to the famous Tower Bridge is a memorable day trip.Views - Great views from hotelFull of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
South Place Hotel London (The City) 80 rooms from $174Foodies - Roof top Michelin star restaurant.Roof terrace - Trendy roof top bar with views.Views - Great views from hotelCity StyleRecommended by - Tablet
The Windmill, Clapham London (South Side Clapham) 42 rooms from $178Local markets - London markets accessible via undergroundSights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Modelled on old-fashioned coaching inns, this hotel offers a relaxed, homely service. Located in Clapham Common, close to two tube stops, it is well situated for a London getaway. The nearby pub, The Windmill on the Common, is traditional, warmly welcoming and perfect for a cheery meal or drink. See More
B+B Belgravia and Studios@82 London (South West) 9 rooms from $178Families - These contemporary, well located studios are ideal for families with self catering facilities and plenty of space.Local exploring - Grab one of the B&B's free bikes and head out to explore Westminster the heart of historical and vibrant London.Sights nearby - Use the River Thames as your guide and head east to catch a glimpse of Big Ben, London Eye and other sights.Great walks - Whether Hyde or Battersea, be sure to take a stroll around the royal parks of London.Recommended by - Frommers, Fodors
citizenM Bankside London 192 rooms from $178Sights nearby - Very close to Tate Modern and the Millenium BridgeLively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Tablet
Trendy, contemporary "luxury for less" hotel on London's Southbank. Ideal for arty types, with iconic Vitra furniture throughout, modern art on display and a stone's throw from the Tate. Tablets in every room for mood control and a host of other goodies thrown in with the price. See More
The Hoxton Hotel London 210 rooms from $179Local exploring - Check out the buzzy restaurants and bars, vintage shops and yummy food markets of East London.City Style - A understated yet chic hotel in hip Hoxton- home to artists, city slickers and students.Sights nearby - Nearby Liverpool Street is where you will find the Gherkin, the Shard and other skyscrapers that make up The City's skyline.Local markets - Spitalfields Market is a great place for food stalls, boutique shops and the early risers might catch the flower market.Recommended by - Fodors, Frommers
New Linden Hotel West London 50 rooms from $182Value chic - Fantastic location, luxurious Egyptian cotton sheets and a rooftop terrace overlooking the London skyline- a steal!Local exploring - Perfectly placed for exploring London’s cosmopolitan Notting Hill neighbourhood, on foot or by bicycle.Local markets - Notting Hill is home to many boutique shops. Head to Portabello Road on the weekend for a trinkets market.Great walks - Just north of Hyde Park, where you can walk around the Serpantine Lake or along the miles of pathways.
Charming Victorian townhouse turned luxury boutique, in the heart of Notting Hill. Stylish rooms with floor to ceiling windows, Oriental influence and access to a rooftop terrace. Fantastic value for money in a desirable part of town, just minutes from the famed Portobello Road Market. See More
The Lord Milner London (South West) 11 rooms from $184Romantic Break - The individually decorated rooms brim with romance and charm, and there is plenty to be seen and done in ultra-smart Belgravia.Sights nearby - Just a ten minute walk from Buckingham Palace and a twenty minute to Westminster Abbey.Opulent5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
A splendid five-star B&B, in the upmarket district of Belgravia, in central London. The rooms exude old world class and style, with beautiful four poster beds and bespoke furniture. With all of London's central attractions within easy reach, it's perfect for a romantic weekend in London. See More
The Rockwell Hotel London (South West) 40 rooms from $186Value chic - With double rooms starting from just £145 per night, it's great value for moneyLocal exploring - Location Location Location!Local markets - Earls Court is home to a local market as well as boutique shops and independent cafe.Sights nearby - Natural History Museum welcomes visitors with the skeleton of a dinosaur.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Good Hotel Guide
Townhouse turned contemporary independent hotel in West London is great value for its central location, landscape garden and facilities. Modern, light rooms make the perfect base for exploring the city or visiting on business. Modern British dishes at the airy restaurant matched by a fine wine list. See More
Town Hall London (Bethnal Green) 98 rooms from $190Designer - Designed by top architects RareSwimming Pool - 15m heated indoor poolSpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Fox & Anchor London (The City) from $191Local exploring - Ideally placed to access Farringdon, The City, St Paul's and the Barbican.Local markets - Explore the bustling Smithfield Market filled with meat traders alongside smart eateries.Full of character
The Pilgrm Hotel London (Bayswater) 73 rooms from $191Sights nearby - Kensington Palace and the Albert Memorial within walking distance.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
A relaxed and welcoming hotel that combines original features with a pared-back modern style without losing its sense of history. Parquet flooring mixes with modern art, while minimalist rooms are softened with house-plants and splashy carpets. Central location ideal for city-slickers. See More
The Megaro Hotel London 54 rooms from $192City Style - Ideal base for city slickers and holidayers alike, close to trains and the City as well as to sights and dining optionsSights nearby - The Wellcome Collection & British Museum are nearby; it's also worth visiting Granary Square's mesmerising light-fountainGreat walks - You'll find this exciting borough great to explore by foot, heading to Caledonian Road and on to the buzz of CamdenLively - Hip and happening.
Standing out from the crowd with its distinctive mural façade, the ethos of this family-run King’s Cross hotel is to offer a departure from typical corporate hospitality and welcome a more whimsical approach for guests. Ideally located- for business people and those who like a properly urban base. See More
Eccleston Square Hotel London 39 rooms from $196Free wifi - Wireless controller which controls every aspect of roomPre-loaded ipods - Pre-loaded iPad 2sValue chicSights nearby - Located close to Westminster Abbey and Buckingham Palace.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide
The Dog and Fox London (Wimbledon) 14 rooms from $197Sights nearby - Inc. Wimbledon Tennis ClubTraditional
Located in the heart of Wimbledon Village, this stylish pub offers 17 newly renovated rooms. Friendly staff and luxurious beds promote a relaxed atmosphere, emphasising the peaceful area of London in which it is located. All rooms are en suite. The restaurant offers a delicious food range. See More
London Bridge Hotel London 138 rooms from $215Local exploring - Local exploring is made easy from this fantastically located hotel.Sights nearby - The view from the Shard, Tower Bridge and the Tower of London for medieval history.Local markets - Borough Market is a popular food market with Londoners and tourists alike.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers
Stylish business hotel, popular with tourists, in prime Southwark river location offers gym facilities and modern features. Chic rooms are luxurious with all the needed mod-cons. Londinium restaurant offers British cuisine, or head to the Quarter Bar and Lounge for drinks and casual small plates. See More
Mama Shelter London London (Tower Hamlets) 194 rooms from $220Families - The larger rooms at this hotel are great for families travelling with children; kids love the hotel's colourful interiorsLocal exploring - With great transport links into the city centre, this hotel makes the perfect base for exploring the capitalCity Style - With quirky rooms set in the heart of London's east end, this hotel has reams of local London styleLocal markets - Head to the nearby markets on Brick Lane to find unusual souvenirs and to sample great food from across the world
The One Tun London (The City) 8 rooms from $224Romantic Break - Beautiful accommodation, divine cuisine and all London has to offer right on your doorstep - perfect for a romantic getaway!Local exploring - The One Tun is situated in central London, making it the ideal base from which to get to know the cityGreat walks - Meander through the city's streets getting a feel for the place or take a stroll along the banks of the Thames at sunsetSights nearby - Check out Trafalgar Square, the London Eye or Piccadilly Circus among many other nearby attractionsRecommended by - Sawdays
The One Tun pub offers boutique accommodation in Camden, central London. The eight rooms are smartly decorated and extremely spacious with satellite TV and en-suite in each. Pop downstairs to enjoy lovely meals in the restaurant and have breakfast delivered to your door each morning. A hidden gem! See More
The Clerk and Well London 6 rooms from $224City Style - A chic property in the artsy Farringdon area.Sights nearby - Visit the imposing St Paul's Cathedral sat amidst the bustling financial district.Local markets - Head to Brick Lane Market and scour for some vintage treasures.Traditional
A beautifully renovated pub and rooms boasting a central location in fashionable Farringdon. Chic rooms mix clean contemporary style with traditional features. A modern British menu and excellent selection of ales are found in the restaurant. Ideally positioned to move around the city. See More
Montagu Place London (Bayswater) 16 rooms from $229Sights nearby - Easy access to all of London's major attractions. Walking distance from Madame Tussauds, Regents Park & Oxford St.Traditional
The Hoxton Southwark London (Southwark) 192 rooms from $234Local exploring - Set a stone's throw from the lively South Bank, this hotel makes the perfect base for local exploring in the capitalCity Style - With industrial-chic interiors and a central city location, this hotel has lots of local London styleRomantic Break - Couples rate this boutique bolt-hole highly; head to the rooftop restaurant for a romantic dinnerSights nearby - Visit Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, two of London's most iconic tourist attractions set close to the hotel
Industrial-chic accents define this modern bolt-hole, nestled by Blackfriars Bridge. Exposed brick walls, Crittall-style windows and concrete ceilings bring the city inside, while leather headboards and olive panelling add a luxury finish. Have pre-theatre drinks at the Lobby Bar; a stylish hotel. See More
myhotel Chelsea London (South West) 54 rooms from $236Sights nearby - Saatchi Gallery just off Sloane Sqaure is a fantastic art gallery and worth a visit.Great walks - Enjoy the Royal parks such as Hyde Park and Battersea Park.Barefoot Luxury - For total relaxation.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Feng Shui friendly concept adopted for this fresh, tranquil hotel located between the Boroughs of Chelsea and Fulham. Large, minimalist rooms are complete with chic detailing, pastel colours and white tiled bathrooms. The Living Room and Tanya's are both popular eateries before heading out into town See More
The Gore Hotel, Starhotels Collezione West London 50 rooms from $243Sights nearby - Great location for the Royal Albert Hall and Hyde Park.Full of characterQuirky - An experience!Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
A quintessentially British townhouse that prides itself on spectacular service with laid back vibes. Classic-styled rooms house period pictures, antiques & comfortable beds. Restaurant 190 Queen's Gate offers contemporary classic dishes and Bar 190 superb G&Ts! Spot on location for city exploring See More
The Pilot London (East Greenwich,) 10 rooms from $247Local exploring - Great location near the river in easy distance of lively restaurants and bars, and great transport linksSights nearby - Visit local sights such as the Royal Observatory, the Queen's House and the Cutty SarkGreat walks - Head to Greenwich Park for some lovely walks and great viewsLocal markets - Find some quirky and unique gifts in Greenwich Market
A London inn set in an Edwardian building featuring a blend of traditional English pub details and chic modern style. Expect cosy interiors with comfy sofas and hardwood fittings, while comfortable rooms have statement walls with collages and stylish fittings. A quirky and cosy base. See More
The Stratford Hotel London (Newham) 145 rooms from $250Local exploring - Located in the heart of Stratford, with access to the airport and the city centre, this hotel is a great base for exploringRomantic Break - Couples love the sleek design of the hotel's romantic Sky Garden bar; have cocktails while watching the sunsetCity Style - With designer interiors and a coveted East End location, this hotel has reams of chic London styleDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Kiwi Collection
This maverick design hotel is reinventing long-stay travel in the heart of East London. Guestrooms juxtapose textures with comfy throws and sleek fittings; book the Manhattan Studio for New York-loft chic. Scandanavian concepts meet old-world elegance in the Highline sky garden; a smart city hotel. See More
The Grazing Goat London (Bayswater) 8 rooms from $250Local exploring - The Grazing Goat is the ideal base from which to explore LondonSights nearby - Be sure to visit Buckingham Palace, Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and London Eye!Great walks - Head off to Hyde Park, situated less than a mile away from The Grazing GoatOutstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
The Grazing Goat boasts an enviable location in the heart of Westminster. Their rooms ooze charm with muted Farrow & Ball colour schemes, large beds and wooden furnishings. Upmarket British pub classics are served in the restaurant downstairs. A splendid spot for city explorers! See More
The Portobello West London 21 rooms from $250Sights nearby - Madame Tussauds and the amazing wax works is a memorable day for all the family.Local markets - Come Saturday be sure not to miss Portobello Road Market.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterRecommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide
Legendary, laid-back chic boutique in Neo-Classical mansions loved by an eclectic clientele of business travelers, fashionistas and musicians. Varied, funky styles are adopted for the rooms and with delicious breakfast. Location in the heart of Notting Hill, for boutiques and food, is perfect. See More
40 Winks London (Stepney Green) 2 rooms from $250Sights nearby - Easy access via underground to sights like the London Eye, Big Ben and Westminster Abbey.Hideaway - Tranquil and intimate.Full of characterRestrictions on childrenRecommended by - CN Traveller
The Boundary Project London (Shoreditch) 17 rooms from $251Foodies - From mouthwatering bakery, to plush Franco-British fare and finally the uber cool rooftop with bites and cocktails.City Style - Achingly cool, each room is individually designed to pay homage a particular designer.Local markets - Spitalfields Market is an indoor market by Liverpool Station offering food stalls, arts and crafts.Sights nearby - Head to the Heron Tower to the top floor to the well known, and locally popular, Duck and Waffle.Recommended by - Tablet, Kiwi Collection
Late Victorian warehouse meets a style guru and restaurateur and becomes a hotspot in Shoreditch. Known for its rooftop garden, local bakery and individually designed rooms this is a perfect London base. Refined and modern A la carte menu with fantastic wine menu to match. See More
Europa House London (Little Venice) 14 rooms from $255Sights nearby - You are just 20 mins from the very heart of London.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet
A superb luxury self catering option in leafy Little Venice. 14, one, two or three bedroom apartments which are comprehensively kitted out. Superb attention to detail and beautiful furnishings create a wonderful home from home experience. Plus there's access to 3 acres of garden. Fantastic! See More
Dean Street Townhouse London (West End) 39 rooms from $256City Style - Grown up and sophisticated style, in a hip part of town- think mahogany fourposters, clawfooted tubs and Farrow & Ball Duck Egg.Foodies - Mouthwatering modern British cuisine, always interesting, varied and au point. Afternoon tea is a London favourite.Great walks - Head south towards Trafalgar Square and to Enbankment where you will find the Thames - the perfect guide to mapping out London.Sights nearby - Picadilly Circus is closeby and a great place to check out what is on at the theatres in the West End.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Elegant Georgian townhouse in London's vibrant Soho district. Stylish rooms are designed with panache, and focus on the young and fashionable business and leisure traveler. All British food all day at the snazzy restaurant. A true gem in the heart of the UK's capital city. See More
Sydney House Hotel London (South West) 21 rooms from $261Local exploring - Outstanding location, within walking distance of several tube stops, plus a multitiude of major sights and museums.Romantic Break - Choose the romantic 'Top Room' with private rooftop garden, chic interiors and sweeping views of the city.Great walks - Spend a lazy afternoon in nearby Hyde Park or Kensington Gardens, ideal locations for walking and picnics.Restrictions on children - Children cannot be accomadated at this hotel.
A pretty and chic little grade II listed townhouse in the popular residential borough of South Kensington. Compact, modern rooms at attractively affordable prices and prime positioning for Chelsea shopping. Breakfast only restaurant, however there are plenty to try nearby. See More
High Road House London 14 rooms from $269City Style - Oozing city style with a private members club, effortlessly chic interiors, lively bar and a wonderful location.Local markets - Chiswick is its own town within the city of London and there is a market on the common every weekend.Great walks - Enjoy a stroll along south-side of the Thames Embankment for some of London's most notable views.Designer - Ilse Crawford was the original designer.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
The Mandeville Hotel London (Bayswater) 142 rooms from $275Designer Shopping - Selfridges and Bond Street round the corner.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
The Laslett West London 51 rooms from $282Local markets - Portobello MarketSights nearby - Kensington PalaceGreat walks - Hyde ParkRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels, I Escape
Stylish townhouse luxury - The Laslett has 51 boutique bedrooms, individually designed and decorated with artwork and British antiques. This chic London spot has a coffee shop, library and restaurant and is on the doorstep of Hyde Park. An elegant hotel in cool Notting Hill. See More
The Hari London (South West) 85 rooms from $288Sights nearby - Twenty minutes walk from Buckingham Palace.Views - Great views from hotelRomantic - Good for couples.
The Curtain London 120 rooms from $295Sights nearby - If you're in town be sure to check out the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and the Houses of ParliamentGreat walks - Wander around the streets of this unique, vibrant city getting a feel for the placeDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.SpaRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The Curtain boasts a fabulous location in the heart of London. This 5* spot features cutting edge contemporary design - mixing metallic tones, exposed brickwork and bespoke furnishings. All the mod cons. you'd expect, including a rooftop swimming pool! A stunning city stay. See More
The Pelham Hotel London (South West) 52 rooms from $295Local exploring - With its prime South Kensington location, The Pelham is ideal for exploring London's sights.Value chic - With rooms starting from only £230 per night, this is 5* luxury without the price tag.Sights nearby - Steps from the South Kensington museumsRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Good Hotel Guide
A stunning luxury townhouse hotel in the heart of South Kensington. Individually designed rooms and suites are filled with beautiful objets and the decor is country house chic. Relax in the drawing room or library, and enjoy authentic Italian cuisine in La Trattoria. Simply superb! See More
The Kensington Hotel London (South West) 151 rooms from $297Local exploring - The ideal location for accessing London's highlights.SpaSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet
The Ampersand Hotel London (South West) 111 rooms from $300Great walks - Both Hyde Park and the Royal Kensington Gardens are nearby for great walksSights nearby - The Ampersand is well placed for a visit to the iconic Albert HallRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Small Luxury Hotels, Good Hotel Guide, Tablet
An impressive, elegant hotel in the heart of South Kensington. Rooms are individually designed, and themed bold wallpapers reflect the museums which are close by. In-house restaurant Apero offer fresh Mediterranean cuisine and The Drawing Rooms serve wonderful traditional afternoon tea. See More
York & Albany London 8 rooms from $301Sights nearby - The Sherlock Holmes Museum and Madame Tussauds are just across the park on Baker Street.Great walks - Wander over to Maida Vale along Regent's Canal.OpulentDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
As if the neighbourhood weren't star studded enough, this property has a host of famous names attributing their skills to it. Gordon Ramsey looks after the traditional British menu, John Nash the genius behind the striking architecture and Russell Sage the opulent, antique clad designer interiors. See More
Henrietta Hotel London (West End) 18 rooms from $302Sights nearby - Within striking distance of many of London's central sights.Local markets - Browse the charms of London's historic Covent Garden.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Lively area - In the thick of the action.
Well placed for theatreland and close to many shops, this newly-opened, friendly hotel offers discreet charm and an international feel in a surprisingly peaceful location. There’s a lovely bar with a restaurant serving delectable food, friendly staff and atmospheric rooms. See More
St Pancras Renaissance Hotel London (Euston Road,) 245 rooms from $306Local exploring - Adjoining St Pancras International you couldn't be better connected to the rest of London, the UK and even Paris.Foodies - Chef Marcus Wareing's well renowned The Gilbert Scott Brasserie and Bar is the best of British.City Style - The ultimate in old school city chic.Great walks - Regent's Park is bliss on a crisp winter morn or sunny summer's day.
A lesson in classic luxury. Inside this landmark, Gothic masterpiece are palatial suites with modern accents, fine dining restaurants a 24 hour gym and sumptuous spa. As if this property weren't perfection enough it is steps from King's Cross St Pancras, connecting you to London, England and Europe. See More
The Capital Hotel, London London (South West) 49 rooms from $307Sights nearby - The Brompton Oratory, V&A, Albert Hall and Natural History Museum are all closeby.Full of characterTraditionalRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Frommers, Good Hotel Guide, Small Luxury Hotels
Intimate luxury hotel in an unrivalled location for shopping offering fantastic hospitality for a memorable stay. Elegant rooms house antique furnishings, king sized beds and Egyptian cotton linen. There's a chic bar for evening cocktails and The Restaurant at The Capital for relaxed all day dining. See More
Shoreditch Rooms London 41 rooms from $314Lively - Part of the trendy Shoreditch House club in the East EndSwimming Pool - Stunning Rooftop PoolBar - Popular with locals.Roof terraceRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Kiwi Collection
The Zetter Townhouse London 13 rooms from $315Lively area - In the thick of the action.Four poster beds - For romantics.Romantic - Good for couples.Quirky - An experience!Recommended by - Tablet, Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection
Zetter Townhouse Marylebone London (Bayswater) 24 rooms from $315Local exploring - Great location with easy access to the best of London's attractionsSights nearby - Close to London's West EndLively - Hip and happening.Full of characterRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The newest addition to Zetter's growing collection, whose ethos is great cocktails, delicious food and a super-comfy bed! In the Marylebone outpost you'll find individually designed bedrooms with an eclectic mix of antique furniture and curios, huge beds, luxurious drapes and deluxe bathrooms. See More
Beaufort Hotel London (South West) 27 rooms from $318Romantic Break - An elegant, exclusive and utterly romantic hotel boasting Egyptian Cotton sheets, fresh flowers and welcome chocolates.City Style - A chic townhouse turned luxury boutique, on a leafy cu-de-sac in the heart of Knightsbridge.Great walks - Just a ten minute stroll from Hyde Park, an oasis of green in the city centre.Sights nearby - Close to the the South Ken Museums and Galleries and the Albert Hall.Recommended by - Frommers
Great Northern Hotel London (King's Cross) 91 rooms from $319Romantic - Good for couples.5* Luxury - Very high service standards.
Beautifully restored Victorian railway hotel turned boutique bolthole in the very heart of King’s Cross/St Pancras & Eurostar. Thoughtful and luxurious design and a theatrical restaurant headed by Michelin-star winner Mark Sargeant and a glamorous ground floor cocktail bar. See More
No 5 Maddox Street London (Mayfair) 12 rooms from $320Designer Shopping - A stone's throw from Bond StreetSpa - In-room treatments are available.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet
St Ermin's Hotel London 331 rooms from $320TraditionalSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Michelin Travel
Sea Containers London London 359 rooms from $323Local exploring - Situated in the heart of the South Bank, Sea Containers is perfectly placed for exploringSpa - The agua Spa offers a wide range of treatments (including bespoke Medical facials from Kate Kerr).Sights nearby - Very close to the London Eye, Globe Theatre, Tate Modern and Borough Market.Views - The property boasts fantastic views up and down the River ThamesRecommended by - CN Traveller
Lively and hip hotel in an iconic Southbank building, evocative of a 1920s ocean liner. A wide range of rooms and suites all finished in a contemporary style with continued nautical themes, and selected pieces of designer furniture. Fabulous rooftop bar and terrace with superb city views. See More
Artist Residence London London 10 rooms from $327Exclusive offer - January w/e OfferGreat walks - Through nearby Hyde Park, London's largest park, where one can go horse riding, boating, cycling and picnicing.Sights nearby - The London Eye, The Tower of London, Buckingham Palace and St Paul's Cathedral are all within easy reach.Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Local markets - Good for local colour.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
San Domenico House London (South West) 19 rooms from $327Romantic BreakSights nearby - South Kensington's Museums are close by. Minutes from Sloane Square.Four poster beds - For romantics.TraditionalRecommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Mr & Mrs Smith
Flamboyant, Italian-family-owned London guesthouse close to Chelsea hotspots. Over the top rooms and suites feature four poster canopied beds, panelled walls and velvet galore. Book one with a terrace for your own room with a view. Perfect for an indulgent city break in the heart of London. See More
The Marylebone Hotel London (Bayswater) 250 rooms from $331Sights nearby - Situated in the heart of Marylebone village, within easy reach of many major attractionsSwimming Pool - Indoor pool perfect for lengths and family friendly specific times (from 5 years).Spa - Third Space health club - free entry for hotel guestsLocal markets - Marylebone weekly Farmers MarketRecommended by - Tablet
Chic hotel in the heart of Marylebone Village, ideally located for shopping, sightseeing and nightlife. Funky public spaces and contemporary classic style rooms and suites. Chill out in the 108 Brasserie and work it off in the hip Third Space health club. A cool option in the centre of town. See More
Nobu Hotel London 148 rooms from $338City Style - Nobu undoubtedly knows how to create urban cool and the Shoreditch addition is no exception.Local markets - Head to the famed Brick Lane and scour the stalls for antiques and vintage clothes.Sights nearby - Take a stroll to the majestic St Paul's Cathedral.Romantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - Tablet
An urban haven in London's ever trendy East London. Beautifully designed rooms are minimalist in style with floor to ceiling windows, crisp white linen, large contemporary artworks and polished concrete floors. The cavernous restaurant serves up impeccable Japanese and South American cuisine. See More
The Bloomsbury London (West End) 153 rooms from $346Local exploring - Well located in the centre of London with easy access to theatres, shopping, culture and great transport links.OpulentRomantic - Good for couples.Traditional
A grand hotel in central London that perfectly mixes British traditions with contemporary style. Smart rooms are cleanly designed with contemporary furniture, soft patterns and uber luxury bathrooms. An atmospheric bar harks back to a more glamorous era. Well positioned for city exploration. See More
COMO Metropolitan London London (Mayfair) 144 rooms from $348Spa - The COMO Shambhala Urban Escape offers a wide range of holistic treatments - a serene sanctuary from the frenetic city outside!Bar - Trendy Met Bar is the place to go for the fashion, media and music crowd. Come for the live DJ sets and fabulous cocktails!Restaurant - Nobu, one of London's most fashionable restaurants serves Japanese/Peruvian cuisineLively - Favourite of A listersRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Michelin Travel
Baglioni Hotel London West London 67 rooms from $352Local exploring - An elegant hotel located in the heart of London right besides Hyde Park.Views - Great view of Kensington Gardens and PalaceSights nearby - Just minutes from Kensington Palace.Great walks - Take long walks through Hyde Park.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Number Sixteen London (South West) 41 rooms from $354Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Dorset Square Hotel London 38 rooms from $354Local markets - Camden Lock market is not farFull of characterRomantic - Good for couples.Quirky - An experience!
A stunning regency townhouse conversion on leafy Dorset Square. The thirty eight rooms are individually designed in typical quirky Firmdale fashion, with beautiful fabrics and a quintessential English country house feel throughout. Excellent restaurant and bar. A stylish and central treat! See More
The Landmark London 300 rooms from $354Sights nearby - Just down the road from Madame TussaudsSwimming Pool - Chlorine free 15m heated indoor PoolTraditionalSpa
Andaz Liverpool Street London (The City) 267 rooms from $357Business Hotel - A hotel to conduct business in real styleLocal markets - Columbia Road Flower Market, Old Spitalfields Market and Leadenhall Markets are all on the doorstepSights nearby - Within easy walking distance of St Paul's Cathedral, the Tower of London and Tower Bridge.Spa - There is no spa as such, but you can book treatments which will be given in-roomRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Milestone Hotel Kensington West London 62 rooms from $35924 Hour room service - Round the clock butler service.Views - Great views of Kensington Palace and Gardens.TraditionalFour poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
COMO The Halkin London (South West) 41 rooms from $378Sights nearby - The Halkin enjoys an excellent central location close to Hyde Park Corner Tube station, so easy access to London's highlights.Spa - In-room spa treatments availableRomantic - Good for couples.Recommended by - I Escape, Tablet, Kiwi Collection
In the heart of Belgravia, this 21st Century luxury hotel, is home to a Michelin starred Basque restaurant and Asian-styled rooms. The contemporary, chic rooms exude understated luxury, and service is top notch. A fantastic relaxing stay for all whether you're here for business or leisure. See More
St James's Hotel & Club London (Mayfair) 60 rooms from $384Foodies - Dine at the hotel's fantastic Michelin-starred restaurant.City Style - The property offers quintessential Mayfair elegance.Great walks - Take a stroll through the leafy St James's Park.Sights nearby - Buckingham Palace is a short walk away.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Michelin Travel
St Martins Lane London (West End) 204 rooms from $384Lively - Buzzy bar, restaurant and nighclubTheatre - In the heart of theatrelandDesigner - Philippe Starck interiorsSights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
Knightsbridge Hotel London (South West) 44 rooms from $392City Style - Quintessential British country style in the heart of one of London's smartest area.Great walks - Wander through the expansive Hyde Park.Outstanding locationRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Michelin Travel
The Levin Hotel London (South West) 12 rooms from $393City Style - Magnificant interiors, bold fabrics, sharp lines and colourful installations, just around the corner from London's top shopping.Romantic Break - Champagne and flowers are only the start of a truly romantic occassion with the Levin Hotel.Views - Street views.Lively - Hip and happening.Recommended by - Good Hotel Guide, Kiwi Collection, Small Luxury Hotels, Sawdays, Tablet
The London Edition London (West End) 173 rooms from $398Local exploring - The London Edition is the ideal base from which to get to know the citySights nearby - Be sure to check out the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and the Houses of ParliamentGreat walks - Wander around the streets of this unique, vibrant city getting a feel for the place5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith
The London Edition enjoys a wonderfully central location in the Fitzrovia district. Their wood-lined accommodation is sleek, with minimal clutter. Gorgeous cuisine served up at Berners Tavern - truly befitting of a 5*. Two stunning cocktail bars to choose from. A divine stay! See More
The Dorchester London (Mayfair) 250 rooms from $404Spa - Opulent and art deco inspiredFour poster beds - For romantics.Landmark - Comes with a reputation.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.Recommended by - Tablet, Fodors, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Iconic hotel whose signature is traditional British luxury and service that’s out of this world. Ritzy-yet-comfortable rooms, Italian marble bathrooms and opulent central lounge that’s a riot of gilt, fabric, statues and chandeliers. The place to go to be treated like royalty. See More
Charlotte Street Hotel London (West End) 52 rooms from $411Lively - Hip and happening.Four poster beds - For romantics.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
Haymarket Hotel London (West End) 50 rooms from $415City Style - A chic boldly styled hotel in the heart of central London.Conference facilitiesGreat walks - Take a stroll through St James or Green Park.Swimming Pool - Stunning underground poolRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape, Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection, Michelin Travel
The Ned London (The City) 252 rooms from $423Sights nearby - Be sure to check out the Tower of London, Trafalgar Square, Big Ben and the Houses of ParliamentGreat walks - Wander around the streets of this unique, vibrant city getting a feel for the placeSwimming Pool - 20m indoor heated poolDesigner - Uniquely designed interiors.
Set in the former Midland Bank building, The Ned is located right in the City of London. Boasts sumptuous rooms oozing classical style - with designs harking back to the 20s and 30s. A wide range of top-notch cuisine served up. Enjoy a tipple on the splendid rooftop bar. A dreamy city stay! See More
The Mandrake London (West End)Designer - Uniquely designed interiors.Four poster beds - For romantics.Quirky - An experience!Opulent
Claridge's London (Mayfair) 197 roomsSights nearby - Nestled in the embassy district of town, you will see many old grand buildings.Romantic - Good for couples.Full of characterOutstanding locationRecommended by - Tablet, Frommers, Kiwi Collection
Art Deco inspired, luxury-centric hotel in the heart of Mayfair offering seamless service, spa treatments and gym facilities. Large, contemporary rooms exude comfort. Whether it is the famous afternoon tea in the 1930's Reading Room or a gourmet meal at the restaurant, be ready to be spoiled. See More