10 Best Hotels in Barbados for Couples
Barbados is one of the Caribbean’s best known islands, and probably one of the ones we’ve spent the most time daydreaming over with its swashbuckling history, the white sands, the friendly, cosmopolitan centres and elegant plantation-era architecture… And what could be more romantic than being carried away to a daydream destination? Yes, Barbados is certainly the perfect choice for a Caribbean couples' holiday, and with its huge range of accommodation it’s definitely got an option that will equal paradise to almost everyone. As is so often the case, the trouble is finding ‘the one’! But the Hotel Gurus have come to the rescue with their recommendations for the best hotels in Barbados for couples. Whether you want luxury, privacy, all-inclusive fun or great value we have tthe property for you.
For Romantic Escapes
- On one side of the Coral Reef Club are acres of idyllically landscaped grounds and gardens, and on the other is a beautiful white, sandy beach. As well as the elegant central hotel, the club has a collection of colonial chic cottages with a plantation vibe and private plunge pools, so you can have as much space and privacy as you want — it’s perfect for a honeymoon. Especially when you consider all the activities laid on, and the nightly entertainment in the excellent bar and restaurants.
For All Out Luxury
- Unforgettable Sandy Lane is an opulent, five star hotel right up against a perfect Caribbean beach, offering you just about everything you could dream of from a Caribbean holiday. Rooms have vast marble bathrooms and chandeliers, the pool has a waterfall, the spa is palatial, there are three golf courses, a tennis court with pros., tropical gardens, sublime cuisine in a choice of restaurants and the opportunity to try just about any watersport you can name. And swim with turtles.
For Intimate Escapes
- Lone Star is one of the best known restaurants on Barbados, and the Caribbean: a chicly converted garage, perfectly positioned on a pristine, white, sandy beach. It has six rooms onsite, which are just as cool, intimate and luxurious as the restaurant.
For Peace and Privacy
- Set on seven of its own acres of lush grounds and gardens, the Colony Club feels much more remote than it really is — it’s perfectly positioned on the trendy western coastline. Its 62 elegant rooms and suites are hidden amongst palm trees, and have four-poster beds and large private terraces. This is the perfect place for champagne breakfasts, private dining on the beach, couples' spa treatments and sunset sailing cruises — all of which the hotel offers — along with four lagoon-style pools, one which is adults only.
- Private, beautiful, luxurious, and right on the beach, The House is a proper adults only hotel, designed with peace and pampering in mind. From the complimentary jet-lag massage on arrival to evenings spent in the idyllic bar on the beach.
Best Romantic Beach Breaks
- Treasure Beach has direct access to a white, sandy beach on idyllic Paynes Bay, and incredible views of it from all of the 35 suites — which have huge windows and private terraces to make the most of it. Inside the rooms feature dark wood and original artworks; some suites have private plunge pools. The restaurant is award-winning, the bar lively, and they even have a wedding license.
- Built almost on top of a sandy beach, The Tamarind is a colourful hotel resort that’s big enough to offer something for everyone. As well as offering a huge range of accommodation options with its 100 odd rooms, it has three pools — one of them adults only — a spa and gym, a huge range of watersports facilities, plus horse riding and catamaran cruises, and an excellent restaurant that can also pack you a personalised beach picnic.
Great Value Romance
- Little Arches is a ten room hotel that looks as if it’s been converted from a luxury mansion, just across from the beach. There’s an air of Moorish romance to the decor, with terracotta floors, lovely tiled bathrooms and wrought iron furniture. Some of the rooms have a private plunge pool, but all share an inviting pool and terrace, and a spa. Tropical and intimate.
- Converted from a 19th century colonial mansion within the boundaries of modern Bridgetown, Sweetfield Manor has become a charming, but very affordable, ten room hotel. Rooms are spread throughout the main house and a couple of courtyard villas, and are all individually decorated. There’s a lagoon pool, a leafy garden and a restaurant in the courtyard.
Still not sure where to book?
- You could browse our pick of the best hotels in Barbados,
- Refine your search to include the best honeymoon hotels in Barbados,
- Or expand your search to include the best places to stay in the Caribbean.
- Alteratively, you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Little Arches Barbados 10 rooms from $215Romantic Break - Very secluded white sand beach 150 yards away, sailing trips, snorkelling and private terracesSights nearby - South Point Lighthouse and very close to Oistins Fish Fry (a must-visit on a Friday night).Sailing - Charters can be organised by the hotelViews - Great views from hotel
Romantic hotel just across from the beach. The rooms feature wrought-iron furniture, lovely bathrooms and terracotta floors. Some with private plunge pools. Outdoor pool, spa and quick walk to the beach. Great Caribbean and Asian cuisine. Tropical, quiet, enchanting and affordable! See More
Treasure Beach St. James, Barbados 35 rooms from $370Romantic Break - Chic and romantic ambience, spa treatments, sailing trips and beach picnicsRestaurant - Kathy's Restaurant is award winning and produces delicious food from locally sourced ingredientsRestrictions on children - No children under 12 between Jan 12 and March 15.Diving - Trips to dive on the reefs can be arranged
The Tamarind St. James, Barbados 104 rooms from $418Romantic Break - Adults only pool, couples activities such as horse riding, catamaran cruise, white sand beach picnics and spa treatmentsFamilies - Flying Fish Kids Club and Club Tamarind teen loungeSwimming Pool - Three outdoor poolsSights nearby - St Nicholas Abbey
Colony Club Barbados 62 rooms from $445Families - Plenty of activities for children. Kids' club, as well as experienced child care and child-friendly diningRomantic Break - Champagne breakfasts, private beach dinners, couples spa treatments and sunset sailing cruisesSwimming Pool - Four fresh water swimming pools. One is adults onlyTennis - Equipment is complimentary from hotelRecommended by - Fodors
Stunning hotel in seven acres of lush gardens. Elegant rooms have cream furniture, four posters and large terraces. Four lagoon-style outdoor pools, complimentary watersports, gym and spa treatments. Excellent Italian and seafood cuisine in restaurants. Understated style and superb service. See More
Lone Star Mount Standfast, Barbados 6 rooms from $495Foodies - The restaurant at Lone Star has a reputation as the "Ivy of the Caribbean"Restaurant - Fabulous restaurant with terrace overlooking a pristine beach specialising in European dishes with a Caribbean twistSpa - There is no spa per se, but the hotel will organise any treatments you wish to be taken in the privacy of your roomSeaside - Stunning ocean views
A stunning restaurant with rooms on Barbados's west coast, overlooking a pristine sandy beach. With just six rooms this is an intimate, luxurious stay where the ethos is pampering to the max! The excellent restaurant has reputation as "The Ivy of the Caribbean". Unmissable! See More
Coral Reef Club Barbados 88 rooms from $530Romantic Break - A romantic retreat set on 12 acres of colourful tropical gardens and powder white sand beach with luxury spa and fine dining.Families - Plenty of activities to keep the kids entertained, plus a playground and babysitting services are on offer.Tennis - Take advantage of the complimentary coaching for adults and children with the resident pro, on the two floodlit courts.Diving - Make the most of the crystal clear waters and take a scuba course in the on site PADI certified diving school.Recommended by - Small Luxury Hotels, Fodors
Sweetfield Manor Bridgetown, Barbados 10 rooms from $114Total relaxation - Tropical base from which to either explore the island's cultural sites, hit the beach or simply relax in beautiful surroundingsValue chic - A complete steal considering the history, quality, design, amenities and facilities availableLocal exploring - Situated within the island's upper Garrison Historic Site - a UNESCO World Heritage SiteRomantic Break - Lofty four-poster beds in well-appointed rooms have been designed with couples in mind
Charming boutique hotel set in a late 19th-century colonial manor. White-washed rooms, with mahogany furniture and colourful contemporary touches, are spread over the main house, courtyard & cottage villa. The lagoon pool, leafy gardens & courtyard restaurant create a wonderful homely ambience. See More
The House St. James, Barbados 34 rooms from $765Honeymoons - Champagne breakfasts, personalised service, couples spa treatments, white sand beaches & private beach dinnersFoodies - Daphne's is one of Barbados' top restaurantsViews - Ocean or tropical garden view suitesSights nearby - St. Nicholas AbbeyRecommended by - Fodors
Sandy Lane Barbados 96 rooms from $1090Families - Large suites are ideal for families; Treehouse kids club, complimentary watersports and swimmingHoneymoons - Romaneqsue spa, sublime beach service, watersports, sailing trips and so much more!Kids Club - Fully staffed.Sailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - Fodors
Opulent 5* hotel on the beach. Romantic bedrooms feature marble bathrooms, chandeliers and extensive technology systems. Outdoor pool with waterfall, palatial spa, three golf courses, tennis courts and manicured gardens. Sublime cuisine in the restaurants. Luxurious, spacious and slick. See More