- ✓ Check Prices
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Calvi
Private yachts pop over to Calvi's grand sweep of a sandy bay from Nice and Cannes, adding a bit of French Riviera sparkle to this historic Corsican port. At one end of Calvi's five miles of sandy sweep is its 15th Century citadel, an incredibly picturesque welcome when you're approaching by ferry. Our selection of the best places to stay in Calvi includes a characterful B&B on the outskirts of town and a contemporary chic foodie haven.
Calvi's climate is slightly more Italian than French, and the cuisine is all Corsican; wonderfully aromatic, with many of the wild herb flavours sourced from the hills behind the town. In the lush countryside behind the town you'll find pretty villages, specialists at producing wine, cheese, olive oil and wild boar.
If you're looking for an apartment rental some of the best places to stay in Calvi are within the citadel's complex - historic, impressive and comfortable!
It's nice to get out on the water for the sake of it as well, though best to avoid the windiest times of day. You can go diving out on the island, or in a couple of other local spots, and this is a wonderful spot for coral-spotters.
If you prefer to stay above the water there are plenty of places to hire kayaks, jet skis, dinghies or even a catamaran.
If you're visiting during the popular summer months then be sure to book ahead if you want to guarantee a bed in one of the best places to stay in Calvi!
What Not To Miss
- The citadel beckons visitors, but its steps and cobbles will make you really work for it. There's an art gallery as well as some shops and cafes about half way up to keep you going. But when you see the views from the top you'll be glad you made the effort!
- Scandola Island, a UNESCO listed Marine Heritage Site just off the coast is also worth a visit. Several companies run trips out to the island, where you can see dolphins and seals, beautiful corals, an impressively large collection of seaweeds and lots of birds.
- Calvi has plenty of sand for all, but if you're here for the beaches and you fancy a change head round the headland to St. Restitude beach. This charming, secluded spot is a favourite of those who arrive by yacht, and has all the mod. cons. including an excellent little waterside restaurant.
- If you fancy a spot of exploring then take the train along the coast to Île Rousse, a beautiful spot with many beaches and the lovely Parc de Saleccia Botanical Garden.
- The Manor is a fantastic little B&B with stone walls, marble floors, huge arched windows and amazing views through them. You're slightly out of Calvi, but still within walking distance to the best restaurants.
- Chez Charles is contemporary and chic, with a modern spa and a Michelin starred restaurant. Soak up the views as you tuck into the gourmet cuisine - what more could you ask for?
For Romantic Getaways
- Hotel La Signoria is an elegant 5* in a glorious setting, with wonderful mountain views and the beach just around the corner. Stay in stunning rooms filled with antiques and Corsican tiled bathrooms, whilst there's also a large pool and a spoling spa. Truly indulgent.
- Another lovely 5* is La Villa, Calvi, boasting chic minimalist accommodation and no less than five outdoor pools! With excellent Corsican cuisine served up and a in peaceful surroundings, it's the ideal spot for a romantic getaway.
For A Country Retreat
- Nestled amongst the mountains and offering wonderful views, Mare E Monti is a lovely spot. The accommodation is rustic and simple, whilst there's an outdoor pool and regional cuisine served up.
- Casa Theodora is set in a 16th century house and features fittingly traditional accommodation filled with antiques. Boasting a secluded location and with just seven rooms, it's an intimate getaway.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you think you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner, Booking.com.
- Calvi's at its nicest in the summer, with the average daily temperature rising to 24°C in July and August. That said, this is peak season, so if you want to avoid the crowds but still enjoy the weather then September's probably your best bet.
- International visitors can fly to Calvi Airport. From there, take a bus or a taxi towards your final destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Calvi
The Manor, Corsica 4 rooms from $126Calvi, Corsica
Gorgeous B&B with fantastic views, swimming pool, and beautiful gardens. Stone walls, marble floors, huge arched windows. A fantastic alternative to staying in a hotel. Full of character.Beach LifeViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Lovely Outdoor PoolFishing - Excellent fishing nearby.Recommended by - I Escape
Chez Charles 30 rooms from $137Calvi, Corsica
Contemporary chic hotel in the lovely village of Lumio. Close to the coastline and the hills. Offers fantastic spa and Michelin star restaurant 'Oggi'. Spectacular views of the mountains to enhance a state of wellbeing. A gourmet spot in wonderful surroundings.Foodies - Michelin star restaurant 'Oggi".Spa breaksRestaurant - Recommended.Views - Great views from hotel
La Villa, Calvi 49 rooms from $227Calvi
A gorgeous Five Star hotel in north Corsica. Large bedrooms feature minimalist furniture, balconies and lovely bathrooms. Five outdoor pools, tennis court, gym and spa. Excellent Corsican cuisine. Luxury, chic, and spacious.Families - Choice of pools, plenty of child accessories (monitors etc), family atmosphere in this chic hotelRomantic Break - Laid back luxury, 5 different pools, beaches, fresh seafood suppers and unexplored covesOn an islandGreat walks - Through the "The Garden of Corsica"Recommended by - Relais & Chateaux