Search the best hotels in Meze
Meze is a charming, picturesque and unspoilt Mediterranean port town in Herault, lying between vineyards and the Thau lagoon. Boasting numerous historic sites, a weekly market, incense-heavy ancient Romanesque churches and a small lovely beach, it is the perfect place to go for a family holiday. The Old Town is a maze of vaulted passageways and narrow cobbled streets, while the main port is a great place to watch colourful boats bobbing gently in the waters from one of the streetside cafes. Be sure to explore the medieval ramparts, and don't miss the quaint 12th century Romanesque chapel of Saint-Martin-de-Caux. There are numerous art exhibitions, held in the stark 17th century Chateau de Girard, and fascinating modern artworks displayed in the 13th century Chapel of Penitents. The best places to stay in Meze tend to be charming traditional properties, ideal for that truly authentic feel.
What not to miss
- Stroll through the main port, passed the cafes, seafood restaurants and pleasure boats bobbing in the water.
- Walk around the Old Town and admire the vaulted passageways and old winding streets.
- Explore the medieval ramparts.
- Visit the Chateau de Girard for some beautiful art exhibitions.
- Find solace in the chapel of Saint-Martin-de-Caux.
- Browse the weekly Sunday market and be sure not to miss trying the locally-sourced oysters.
- Enjoy the modern artworks on display in the Chapel of Penitents.
- Sunbathe at the Plage du Tambourin.
Unspoilt and picturesque, Meze is a great place to take the family on holiday. Steeped in history, choc-a-bloc with culture and surrounded by breathtaking natural beauty. Browse our collection of the best places to stay in Meze to start planning your trip.
The best places to stay in Meze
- Meze Maison: a classy seaside hotel offering cosy, comfortable rooms that have a warm and homely feel. Ideally located to explore the town by foot.
For an apartment or villa
- Our partner Booking.com has a wide range of villas and apartments in the nearby area.
- The best time to go is during the summer when the temperature ranges between 18 and 28 degrees.
- Fly to Montpellier Airport, which runs seasonal flights from the UK, and take the airport shuttle to the tram station, from where you get a tram to St. Jean de Vedas and then the 103 bus to Meze.
- If you want to rent a car we recommend contacting our partner Rentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Meze
Meze Maison 4 rooms from £101Meze
A charming, small hotel in the picturesque port of Meze. The cosy, comfortable rooms exude a calm homely feel with their exposed beam ceilings and warm colour schemes. Ramble through the energetic seaside streets or take a day fishing trip out from the harbour. A classy, seaside hotel.Beach Life - Explore the beautiful coastline surrounding Meze, great for swimming, sailing, fishing and kayaking.Fishing - There are great fishing opportunities in L'étang de Thau lagoon, less than five minutes from the hotel.Sailing - Meze is home to one of France's most well known sailing schools, ask at the hotel about hiring boats.Local markets - Explore the local markets of Meze and pick up some regional treats.Recommended by - Sawdays, Great Small Hotels