- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Pátmos
Pátmos draws you in with beauty as well as a peaceful atmosphere. Volcanic islets hover off beautiful blue bays like a continuation of the hills and mountains on land. All this peace and beauty attracts one of the most varied clientele of the Dodecanese - from back packers to David Bowie (he attested to the island's bewitching nature). The best places to stay in Patmos reflect this variety with options for all, from budget self-catering apartments to top-notch five star resorts.
Greenest of the Dodecanese, Pátmos is a wonderful island to explore on foot and is considered the most spiritual of the group. A cave on Pátmos is where the exiled St. John experienced the visions which inspired the Book of Revelations. The island is still a wonderful place to come to rejuvenate your soul as well as your body.
Chora is the mountaintop village closest to St. John's cave, so is one of the best places to stay on Pátmos if you're here to experience some of the history and mystery of his time on the island. Thousands of pilgrims visit the beautiful whitewashed sanctity of Chora each year. These days the Heritage Listed town is also filled with tavernas and fine boutiques to accommodate the visitors.
Chora is also one of the best places to stay for walkers. There are numerous trails leading out towards spectacular views, one of the best being a northbound trail offering breathtaking sunset panoramas of several other islands.
Known so well for its spiritual side, Pátmos is one of the quietest islands of the Dodecanese, but if you're looking for a bit of buzz to accompany your revelations, Skala, a stylish harbour town, is probably the best place for you. Some of the best restaurants on Pátmos are outside of the main towns, often located by a beautiful bay.
What Not To Miss
- By the cave you'll find the 11th century Monastery of St. John, the island's top sight, known for its frightening friezes depicting hell's demons.
- Whilst Patmos is full of lovely coastal spots, we'd recommend in particular the golden sands of Psili Ammos beach.
- Go see the charming Windmills of Patmos and make the most out of their hilltop location to take some lovely snaps of the views.
- Take a day trip to the neighbouring island of Marathi, home to a number of tavernas and a long sweep of sandy beach.
If you're coming in the busy summer months then be sure to book ahead - the best places to stay on Pátmos get quickly filled up!
The best places to stay on Pátmos
For an authentic Greek experience
- More remote options, like serene little resort, 9 Muses Exclusive Apartments are some of the best places to stay on Patmos for people who want a Greek Island experience from bygone days. 9 Muses has wonderful views of the Aegean, flagstone floors and the opportunity to dine under clear skies. A wonderful place for a romantic break, rooms here start from just £50 per night, so this is perfect for those looking for great value.
For views and a spot of luxury
- If you're looking for something more luxurious, book the Petra Hotel & Suites. Classically elegant, with spectacular views over the bright blue Bay of Grikos, this hotel has all the mod. cons. and excellent beach access.
For An Apartment Or Villa
If you'd prefer the privacy of a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- Pátmos is nicest weather-wise in the summer, with the average daily temperature reaching 27°C in July and August.
- This however is peak tourist season, so if you fancy the beaches to yourself then consider coming in May, September or October.
- Visitors can fly into Leros Airport or Kos Airport, both of which have daily flights to and from Athens International Airport, before taking the ferry across to Pátmos. This takes one hour from Leros and two hours from Kos.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partner Holiday Autos.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Pátmos
9 Muses 12 rooms from $69Patmos, Pátmos
A serene small resort with stunning views over the Aegean. Bungalow suites are named after the Muses and simply yet stylishly furnished. Lovely pool area, where you can dine under the stars. Perfect for those who want the Greek Island experience without the crowds.Views - Incredible views over the Aegean SeaSights nearby - Cave of RevelationsRomantic - Good for couples.Swimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Petra Hotel & Suites 11 rooms from $223Grikos, Pátmos
A romantic, chic spot without pretence. Classically elegant rooms and suites with luxurious furnishings, all the mod cons, and private balconies. A lovely cafe restaurant, spectacular sea views, and sprawling terraces. An understated, but still luxurious choice.Views - All rooms have superb views over the Aegean and the Bay of GrikosRomantic BreakLuxurySwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoorRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels