Search the best hotels in Kos
The second largest of the Dodecanese islands, Kos has something for everyone. Epic ruins line the horizon in one direction and in another, there are secret rocky coves and towering hillsides. Dotted across the island are traditional harbour towns with clear azure waters. The island has a number of luxury beachside resorts that are ideal for families or couples on an exclusive break. However, for one of the best places to stay on Kos island we recommend choosing one of smaller ‘boutiquey’ properties that line the coast.
It’s the 110kms of long sandy coastline that attracts most tourists to Kos now, but some also come for the remnants of the ancient world. Asklepios was a healing centre, academy and temple and the excavated ruins of these are on a hill just 4kms from Kos Town which many health professionals pilgrimage to. It is also believed that Hippocrates practised under the plane tree north of Kos Town's ancient agora.
This is an undeniably popular summer holiday location, so if you are planning a trip over those months, we recommend booking early for one of the best places to stay in Kos.
The best places to stay in Kos
For luxury on the seafront
- For the best of both worlds which typify Kos, stay at the Aqua Blu Hotel & Spa in Kos Town. It's a modern construction right on the sea front, but its gorgeous sea views and traditional spa treatments can't be far from what Hippocrates would have ordered. Easily one of the best hotels on Kos if you're looking for a beach holiday with a bit more!
- The Kos Aktis Art Hotel is a modern hotel, enjoying a stunning seaside setting. The minimalist rooms are chic and boast fantastic views from their balconies. Spend the day relaxing on the beach or exploring the fascinating town of Kos before returning for delicious Mediterranean cuisine. A coastal gem.
- Kos Imperial Thalasso is a modern sprawling resort with direct access to Psalidi beach, that is ideal for a family holiday. As well as a wide range of accommodation to choose from, the facilities are fantastic and include kids club, diving, tennis, watersports and more swimming pools than you could possibly need! Plus there's an array of dining options from fine-dining to completely casual. Not forgetting the wonderful Thalassotherapy Spa with its comprehensive menu of treatments and therapies.
- Ikos Aria is a gorgeous lifestyle resort located on Kos's South West Coast. Beautiful almost all-white suites boast stunning views and there's a wealth of activities to keep all ages happy. For kids there's supervised clubs for a range of ages, plus child-friendly menus and for adults there's the luxury of beach childcare or babysitting so that you can enjoy a spa treatment or romantic dinner for two!
- Michelangelo Resort & Spa is a five star property on the South East Coast of Kos. And as you'd expect from a hotel of this calibre there's a plethora of child friendly facilities on offer including kids corner, playground, children's pool and babysitting. Adults will love the indulgent spa, gourmet dining and wonderful sea views.
Off the beaten track
- Oku Kos is the one to book if you're looking for a laid back luxury property that's located away from the masses. This dreamy seafront resort has direct access to unspoilt beaches and the chic accommodation offers something for most budgets from standard rooms, to swim-up suites and private villas. Plus there's a pampering spa and delicious food created using local organic produce.
- White Rock of Kos is an adults only hideaway in the quiet village of Kefalos. Come here for jawdropping sea views, luxurious rooms and suites (some with outdoor hot tub, some with private pool), an exclusive spa with wide range of treatments and a gastronomic restaurant serving Mediterranean cuisine.
For great value
- Kyma Rooms and Suites is a chic little seaside hotel in Kardamena right on the seafront. It's been recently renovated and now offers smart accommodation at knock down prices. There's no restaurant, but plenty close by, and you're a short stroll from the beach. Minimum stay two nights.
For a boutique hotel
- Albergo Gelsomino is an exclusive boutique bolthole just minutes away from Lambi Beach, that is one of Kos Town's iconic landmarks. The eight luxurious suites have been individually designed, and have been beautifully done to reflect the historic nature of the property, yet with a very contemporary feel. The restaurant is superb and you're a short stroll from the property's private sandy beach.
- With just ten suites, White Pearls is the one to book for a boutique stay just outside Kos Town. Each suites comes with living area and verandah or balcony and all but one has its own kitchenette. There's a pool set amid the gardens and direct access to a long sandy beach. There's an excellent restaurant onsite or you can take advantage of the "Bio Farm Corner" and collect your own ingredients to rustle up something special.
- D'Andrea Lagoon is a haven of laid back luxury for couples. As well as sleek modern accommodation (including swim-up suites), you'll find direct access to a lovely sandy beach, tennis court and huge lagoon style pool. And not a child in sight!
- Diamond Deluxe is a luxury adults only property on Kos's North East Coast. It's designed for a totally spoiling stay with contemporary rooms and suites and superb facilities including indoor and outdoor pools, spa treatments galore and choice of two restaurants.
- Lango Design Hotel & Spa offers the perfect couples' getaway on Kos with accommodation including private pool suites and Kocoon Spa which offers special couples treatments. You can expect contemporary, minimalist design, with a sophistcated vibe throughout, plus gourmet Mediterranean dining, all just steps from Lambi beach. Divine!
For an Apartment or Holiday Villa
- If you'd prefer your own space, don't hesitate to visit our online partner Booking.com for a wide range of properties across the island
- Fly to Kos Island International Airport with plentiful connections to the mainland year-round and other European destinations in the summer months
- There's a regular ferry service with connections to other Greek Islands and Athens
- If you'd like to explore all over the island you may want to rent a car. For prices, we recommend visiting our online partner, Rentalcars
- Best time to visit: June - September provides the warmest weather ideal for beachgoers and for exploring the island.
- Browse through our list of all the best places to stay on Kos
- Alternatively, check out all our recommendations in the Dodecanese.
- Or contact, one of our friendly gurus for advice.
Monthly Weather in Kos
Best Hotels in Kos
Kyma Rooms & Suites Kardamena, Kos 17 rooms from £61Families - Larger suites with cot options and child friendly design fixtures, welcoming guests of all agesLocal exploring - Explore the town of Kardamaina and its bars, restaurants and scenic countrysideValue chic - Smart recently renovated accommodation at bargain basement pricesBeach Life - Right on the beachfront, with rooms overlooking the ocean
A chic beachside hotel set in Kardamaina. Spacious, bright rooms are chic and contemporary and come in various sizes making this ideal for families. Large private terraces offer spectacular sea views. Just a stroll from the beach, this is a perfect base for a family holiday - it's great value too! See More
Kos Aktis Art Hotel Kos, Kos 42 rooms from £97Romantic Break - With stunning sea views and luxurious rooms, it's perfect for a romantic break right on the coast of Kos.Sights nearby - Sights of interest nearby include the Muslim Shrine Lotzias and the Tree of Hippocrates.Local markets - Browse the local markets of Kos and pick up the cream of local produce.Seaside - Ideal for a seaside holiday.Recommended by - Great Small Hotels
This modern hotel on the island of Kos, enjoys a stunning seaside setting. The minimalist rooms are chic and boast fantastic views from their balconies. Spend the day relaxing on the beach or exploring the fascinating town of Kos before returning for delicious Mediterranean cuisine. A coastal gem. See More
Kos Imperial Thalasso Kos, Kos 384 rooms from £102Active Holiday - With tennis, diving, watersports, canoeing and windsurfing available, this hotel is perfect for an active beach holidayFamilies - Family friendly rooms, a kids club and a raft of activities to keep everyone busyBeach Life - Located right on the front in Kos' Psalidi BeachSights nearby - Immerse yourself in the history of this island at the ancient Greek ruins, or enjoy the spectacular sea views
A sprawling modern resort, offering a pantheon of choices in both gourmet and casual dining, beach and watersports activities, and wellness and relaxation treatments. Interiors have a cool Mediterranean style and feel more intimate than your usual resort. Perfect for a family beach break. See More
Michelangelo Resort & Spa Kos, Kos 253 rooms from £110Spa breaks - Michelangelo's Therme Spa consists of 5 treatment rooms, offering Thalassotherapy, and wellness practices from around the worldBeach Life - The hotel is located next to Agios Fokas' shingle beach and is a 10 minute bus ride away from Kos' sandy beachesFamily - With cots, kids clubs, babysitting services and an over 16s spa, this hotel has something for the whole familySights nearby - Many historical sights, as well as Kos' natural beauty, are a short journey away, such as the Tree of Hippocrates and Kos Castle
With breathtaking sea views from the rooms, luscious gardens and indulgent spa packages and treatments, as well as excellent service and dining, The Michelangelo Resort and Spa offers holidaymakers a wonderful all round family experience just 10 minutes away from the town of Kos. See More
Diamond Deluxe Hotel Kos, Kos 110 rooms from £113Total relaxation - Relax with an extensive and impressive range of wellness and massage treatments, local wines, luxury rooms and beachfront siteRomantic Break - This adult only hotel boasts top of the range massage and relaxation services, some specifically for couplesBeach Life - On the beachfront and fully equipped to provide the full beach holiday experienceSpa - Mazarin Spa offers chromotherapy treatments, hamam, sauna, an indoor pool and 5 treatment rooms, charges apply for some services
Luxury adult-only hotel boasting sumptuous relaxation facilities, with a fantastic spa, indoor and outdoor pools and two restaurants. Rooms & suites offer contemporary, clean and polished design; there are swim-up options, and Diamond Suites have their own pool. Perfect for a grown-up beach break. See More
White Rock of Kos Kos, Dodecanese Islands, Kos 41 rooms from £139Architectural - Amid rocky outcrops, glistening in the sun, the impressive infinity pool gives way to a spectacular Mediterranean vistaRomantic Break - Enjoy couples services in the spa, 24 hour room service and excellent room amenities in this secluded romantic paradiseCountry Escape - Set in countryside north of the nearest town, enjoy the quiet charms of Kos' more rugged landscapesSights nearby - Enjoy exploring the traditional town of Kefalos' churches and architecture, the region has been occupied since the neolithic era
The White Rock offers panoramic sea views and spacious rooms with luxury interiors on the island of Kos. Off the beaten track on the quieter side of the island, this adults-only hotel offers excellent spa facilities, in-room hot tubs and some of the finest views the island has to offer. See More
Ikos Aria Kefalos, Kos 370 rooms from £142Foodies - Foodies are spoiled for choice at this luxury resort, with 8 eateries offering cuisine spanning the Mediterranean to the OrientBeach Life - With a coveted seafront location on the beautiful Greek island of Kos, this hotel is perfect for an unplugged beach breakFamilies - With bright family suites, a children's pool and family-friendly activities, book this hotel for your next summer getawayTennis - Keep active at this resort with a few games on one of the four hotel tennis courts; rackets are available to hire
This luxury lifestyle resort hugs the southwest coast of Kos. Sleek, almost all-white suites boast sea views from panoramic windows, while a collection of Michelin-starred chefs whet your appetite in the resort's eight restaurants. Unwind on the beach or stay active with the resort's watersports. See More
Lango Design Hotel & Spa Kos, Kos 55 rooms from £152Romantic Break - The perfect couples Kos experience with private pool suites and the Kocoon spa offering special couples services and treatmentsLuxury - Featuring a range of relaxation and wellness services, private options and exclusive beach access, offering a truly luxury staySpa breaks - Outfitted with luxury spa, hammam and sauna facilities and a team specialising in massage, skin treatment and detoxificationGourmet - Enjoy all-day gourmet dining at KOAN Cuisine on-site restaurant offering Mediterranean cuisine, great wines and fine cigars
The last word in luxury. Expect contemporary and minimalist design. There's an indulgent spa and gourmet Mediterranean dining. The spacious rooms are designed with aplomb and the best have private pools. With direct beach access, this is a luxury Kos retreat for discerning adult guests See More
Albergo Gelsomino Kos, Kos 8 rooms from £153Beach Life - In easy reach of the famous Lambi beach, and with access to its own private stretch of beach on the doorstepCity Style - Stay in one of the most stylish hotels on Kos, right in the centre of the islands biggest townLively area - World famous for its bars and nightlife, Kos offers its guests an unforgettably lively stayLocal markets - A stroll away from the town market at Eleftherias square, sample a range of quality local produce
An exclusive boutique bolthole contained within one of Kos town's most beloved landmarks. The Albergo Gelsomino welcomes guests into the 1928 property to enjoy a supremely comfortable stay in luxuriously designed suites with access to a private beach-front and impressive Mediterranean restaurant. See More
D'Andrea Lagoon Dodecanese Islands, Kos 80 rooms from £174Local exploring - With hiking, biking and historical tours in the local area, as well as cars for hire, this hotel is perfect for explorersOff centre - Away from the bright lights and noise of the bigger towns, this hotel offers access to unspoiled beaches and countrysideRomantic Break - Each room is well equipped with large beds, a personal patio and private bathroom in an adults ony resortBeach Life - With a stretch of private beach, this is a perfect spot for a summer holiday
Aqua Blu Hotel & Spa Lambi Beach, Kos 53 rooms from £182Romantic BreakViews - Great views from hotelBeach LifeLuxuryRecommended by - Tablet, Small Luxury Hotels
OKU Kos Kos, Dodecanese Islands, Kos 100 rooms from £234Airport - 6.2 miles from the airport, offering transfers to and from the resort, this secluded spot is easy to reach for those in-the-knowRomantic Break - Couples can take advantage of private villas, stunning romantic vistas, sumptuous dining and pampering services par excellenceBarefoot Luxury - Everything you need in a resort set in open gardens and private sandy beaches by some of the islands most beautiful sceneryOutstanding location - With some of the best views on the island, slightly off the beaten track, this resort is a hidden gem
Choose to stray away from the beaten track. A dreamy sea-front resort, with exclusive access to unspoiled beaches, a blissful spa and a more sustainable way of doing things. Chic minimalist interiors use natural materials. Unwind with guided meditations or yoga and enjoy organic local produce. See More
White Pearls Kos, Kos 10 rooms from £272Contemporary - With modern design and conveniences, as well as an organic vegetable garden, this smaller resort is forward thinking and stylishRomantic Break - Suites can come with everything a couple may need for a romantic stay in Kos, hot tub, champagne, massage therapy and privacyHideaway - A little smaller and further outside Kos than most, these semi-detached suites offer a degree more privacy than other resortsBoutique - With only 10 suites, a little outside the town of Kos, this hotel is a little bit different to the usual fare
A little further from the hustle and bustle of Kos town centre than most, this smaller establishment boasting ten detached and semi-detached suites is an attractively designed base to explore the island. Featuring a stretch of private beach, great views, and organically grown cuisine. See More