- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Search the best hotels in Ferrara
If you’re interested in the Italy of the Renaissance, then Ferrara is a wonderful place for you. Here you’ll find intact medieval walls encompassing a collection of impressively huge palaces and some serious art collections. The surprising thing about Ferrara is that it’s actually quite quiet. The palazzi retain a lived in feel, and even when you visit the castle you’ll probably find only a few other visitors sharing your experience. Basically Ferrara is a bit close to Venice, and not quite close enough, so people tend to overlook it. Our Guru’s recommendations for the best places to stay in Ferrara include properties in town and just outside. And even if your budget is limited you’ll still definitely be able to find somewhere to stay on our list of the best places to stay in Ferrara, this is a very affordable city.
For the "Wow" factor
- The Horti della Fasanara has been carefully renovated from an impressive hunting lodge on a castle estate. There are just four rooms - quite luxurious with mezzanine levels and minimalist chic decor - and acres of beautiful parkland all around. Romantic and private.
For the city centre
- Hotel Annunziata is a design hotel bang in the centre of town. Rooms and suites are contemporary in style and some even have views of the castle. The ideal spot from which to explore on foot.
- Also in a good central location, you'll find the B&B Locanda Borgonuovo. Its four rooms are traditional in style with parquet flooring and antique furnishings. And it's excellent value for money with doubles from just €100 per night including breakfast.
For an agriturismo
- Just outside Ferrara, the Agriturismo alla Cedrara is a handsome sandstone farmhouse with eight lovely spacious rooms - some suites, some double and some triples. There are plenty of original features, like stone floors and exposed beams, and lovely terraces opening out onto glorious gardens. Family friendly and very affordable, with rooms starting from around £35 per night.
Still not sure which is the best place to stay in Ferrara for you?
Best Hotels in Ferrara
Agriturismo alla Cedrara 8 rooms from $46Ferrara
A sandstone farmhouse just outside Ferrara. Lovely spacious rooms, suites, and triples painted in creams with wooden beam ceilings, stone floors, and walk out terraces onto the garden. Good breakfasts, family friendly, and excellent value for local exploring.Value chic - Excellent value.TraditionalGreat walks - Good for walkers.Sights nearby - Well located for major sights.
Horti della Fasanara 4 rooms from $103Ferrara
A hotel with a wow factor. A renovated hunting lodge on a castle estate. Surrounded by beautiful parkland and slightly set back from the Renaissance city Ferrara at its gates. Luxurious rooms and suites with mezzanine levels are minimal chic with four poster beds and all the mod cons. Very romantic.Romantic Break - Beautiful surroundings and very luxurious interiors.Garden - Surrounded by 2.5 acres of stunning parkland.City StyleLuxury
Hotel Annunziata 27 rooms from $142Ferrara
Situated in Ferrara's pedestrian area just a short distance from the city's sights. Their rooms and suites have a contemporary design, en suite bathrooms and some have views of the castle. A smart and central base perfect for experiencing all the city has to offer.City Style - Located in the city's pedestrian area, this is a fantastic spot from which to get to know FerraraLocal exploring - There's plenty of sightseeing available only a few minutes away by footSights nearby - A perfect spot for sightseeing located less than a kilometre from the Castle Estense, Ferrara Cathedral and Palazzo dei DiamantiLocal markets - The open-air market every Saturday morning is especially worth a visit