Search the best hotels in Limone
Limone, sometimes called Limone sul Garda, is a wonderful collection of pastel coloured stone houses, villas, B&Bs and hotels which appear to be clinging to a hillside on the northern edge of Lake Garda, some of them looking ready to tumble in at any moment! The best places to stay in Limone are those with the best lake views but the majority of our picks are along the town’s long promenade. The waterfront is where you'll find the traditional and contemporary hotels, while the villas and self-catering accommodation can be found in the hills above town.
Limone’s maze of narrow lanes are picturesque and historic. The old town surrounds the old port, or Porto Vecchio, and this is where visitors will find some of the most charming scenes, and the best places to sit back and enjoy them — we’re thinking sunny bars and cafes. This is also a good place to join the promenade, if you’re not staying on it. Further along the wide promenade is the newer part of town, with more places to eat and drink, plus little beaches and abandoned lemon groves (Limone is well known for its lemons, and elegant lemon houses — like orangeries but smaller).
Don’t miss Limone’s churches, there are a number, all with their appeals — some panoramic lake views, some frescoes and others artefacts. Limone is also a great choice for families, and anyone wanting to do a bit of pottering around on a pebbly beach, or explore the lake by ferry — Limone has a regular ferry service. As well as being postcard-perfect, Limone is also an easy place to get to, it’s right on the main lake road, the Via Gardesana, which runs between Salò and Riva del Garda. It is the last town along the scenic Upper Lake Road which heads north out of Gargnano, and some of the best places to stay in Limone line the road.
The Best Places to Stay in Limone
For Lake Views
- Garni Gianmartin is a seven room B&B, positioned on the main square, with incredible water views. The suites are our Guru’s pick of the accommodation, with terraces overlooking the water, but the other rooms have similarly simple decor, with lots of white and exposed stone, and are great value. This is a great choice for cyclists — with space to store your bike, or bike hire onsite — and they offer a hearty breakfast.
Prefer a Self-catering Apartment or villa?
- Sometimes a villa or apartment is the best option if you're travelling in a larger group, so if you decide that you'd prefer a self catering option, check out our online booking partner, booking.com for some inspiration.
- Limone is on the north western shore of Lake Garda, and has several local airports. Brescia-Montichiari is closest, around an hour away by car, or two hours by bus. Verona-Villafranca is next closest, just under two hours away by car and ferry, or three hours by public transport. Milan’s Linate, Malpensa and Bergamo Airports are about two and a half hours drive, or four and a half hours by train.
- If you want to hire a car — which we strongly advise if you’re staying on Lake Garda — we recommend you visit our online partner, Rentalcars.
- Limone, and all of Lake Garda, is very popular in the summer, so if you want to visit at this time of year you’d be advised to book your hotel/s and restaurants early. Limone is charming well into autumn and winter too, and spring is also very beautiful, so it’s more about what sort of holiday you’re planning. May and June are a good compromise if you’re still hoping for warmth and sunshine, with temperatures reaching about 25°C.
Still not sure where to stay?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda
- Consider including other local centres in your search: Riva del Garda is just to the north, at the top extremity of the lake, or Gardone Riviera is to the south
- You could also consider refining your search by the kind of accommodation you’re looking for, be it the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda, the best family hotels on Lake Garda or the best hotels on Lake Garda for foodies
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
Monthly Weather in Limone
Best Hotels in Limone
Garni Gianmartin Limone (Lake Garda) 7 rooms from £103Back to Nature - Located overlooking Lake Garda and the surrounding mountains, this is a superb escape to natureActive Holiday - Find a wide range of activities to choose from including sailing, hiking and mountain bikingSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple and comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too. See More