- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
- ✓ Save time, save money
Search the best hotels in Limone
Limone, or Limone sul Garda, is a wonderful collection of pastel coloured stone houses, villas and hotels clinging to steep, rocky slopes and almost threatening to tumble right into Lake Garda. The best places to stay in Limone are those with the best lake views, which tend to be along Limone’s long promenade. The narrow stone streets and and high walls mean that properties in the centre of town are very pretty too. Limone is an easy place to arrive at as it is right on the main lake road which runs between Salò and Riva del Garda. It is the last town along the scenic Upper Lake Road which heads north out of Gargnano.
What not to miss:
- While we’re doing interesting geography, Limone is the most northern town in Lombardy and traditionally the highest place you can grow lemons. The charming lemon houses, the hot-houses where the lemons were grown, are one of the town’s unique features.
- Limone’s other export has been fish and there’s still a lovely little fishing port. But, and here’s another Limone fact, the name doesn’t come from the lemon groves, but from its time as a Roman border town.
- Limone’s narrow streets are perfect for strolling, and very tight for even the smallest cars. There are plenty of cafes, bars and restaurants to choose from.
Limone is a quintessential Lake Garda town with a very nice beach. Which also means that it’s a very popular town for visitors, so book from our Guru’s list of the best places to stay in Limone in plenty of time.
The best places to stay in Limone
For great value
Garni Gianmartin is a charming B&B just a stone's throw from the beach. It's great value for money with rooms from as little as €86 per night, plus there's free parking and if you book a suite you get a terrace with a view!
For an apartment or villa
- Explore the options at our online partner Booking.com.
- The airport that is best for getting to Limone is Bergamo (54 miles).
- If you are looking to hire a car, we recommend you visit our online partner Rentalcars.
- Limone is at its best during the summer, when the temperatures sit comfortably in the twenties.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Limone
Garni Gianmartin 7 rooms from £75Limone (Lake Garda)
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple & comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too.Value chic - With rooms from as little as €86 per night including breakfast, it's excellent value for money.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view