- ✓ Check Availability
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
The Best Family Hotels on Lake Garda
Spectacular Lake Garda once had a reputation for being exclusive, but today it’s an extremely welcoming destination, and an extremely popular one with kids - what with the beaches, the watersports, the theme parks and the easily-sold food! And some of the best family hotels on Lake Garda offer all of these things without you having to leave the grounds…
Though of course you will want to! Lake Garda is probably the most developed of the Italian Lakes, with plenty to keep everyone happy. Active families might like to horse-ride, windsurf, sail, mountain bike, canoe or hike, while lovers of culture will appreciate the beautiful castles. And the beautiful clean water will appeal to everyone. Plus it’s simply spectacular. Our Guru’s list of the best family hotels on Lake Garda has been refined by best views, best for active families and beat value. But there’s plenty of cross over between them.
The Best Family Hotels on Lake Garda
With a View
- The Hotel Catullo in beautiful Sirmione, is a great value hotel with 56 rooms starting from around £100 per night. The rooms are comfortable, there are lovely terraces right on the edge of the lake and there’s a very nice pool.
- Also in Sirmione, the Villa Pioppi is an elegant, seven room villa set within two hectares of beautiful parkland, with a swimming pool, a sun terrace and a private beach. The rooms are large, and some have lake views and private balconies. And they also offer a babysitting service.
For an Active Break
- Right on the shore in Salò, the Hotel Bellerive is a charming mid-sized hotel with 46 large, stylish rooms plus an outdoor pool, a fantastic Italian concept restaurant, and sailing and golfing opportunities nearby.
- Salò also has the Hotel Laurin, a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites, also right on the shores of Lake Garda. Converted from an elegant 20th Century villa, guests can expect parquet floors, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant.
- Or try the Bella Riva in Gardone Riviera, a beautifully positioned hotel with 23 contemporary rooms and suites. an excellent restaurant and bar and a very nice pool. Plus the hotel has great watersports facilities.
Great Value Family Hotels on Lake Garda
- The Osteria Antico Brolo in Gardone Riviera is a gorgeous restaurant with four chic, all-white rooms and suites you can stay in. Private and comfortable, and very good value, with rooms starting from around £60 per night.
- The Locanda Agli Angeli is a similar offering, a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- Or there’s the Garni Gianmartin in Limone, is a seven room B&B on the main square, just minutes from the beach. The rooms are simple and comfortable and the suites have their own private terraces with lovely views. The breakfasts are hearty, and the rooms, with breakfasts, start from around £70 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the best family hotels on Lake Garda might be perfect for you?
- Expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda,
- refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda,
- or refine by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione, or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera,
- or contact one of our friendly Gurus for advice.
Hotel Catullo 56 rooms from £105Sirmione Brescia, NOT TO SHOW
Excellent value, excellent views. A small hotel with comfortable rooms, a swimming pool, and terraces on the edge of Lake Garda. Family friendly.Views - Great views from hotelValue chicOn the beach - Private jetty with direct access to the lakeSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller
Villa Pioppi 7 rooms from £114Sirmione
The elegant Villa Pioppi boasts two hectares of picturesque parkland with swimming pool, a private beach area and extensive sun terrace with views. Spacious air conditioned rooms - some with lake views - feature private balconies. Enjoy outdoor dining or try out the plentiful nearby restaurants.Families - Babysitting services, private beach, plus acres of grounds in which to tire them outLocal exploring - An idyllic spot next to Lake GardaViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Bella Riva 23 rooms from £167Gardone Riviera
Dreamily positioned with views over Lake Garda. Contemporary, but still classic, hotel with fabulous rooms and suites, excellent restaurant, bar and pool. Fantastic watersports and activities. A great choice for families, an outdoor holiday, or a romantic break.Lakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaActive HolidayViews - Great views from hotelRomantic BreakRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Bellerive, Salo 46 rooms from £131Salò (Lake Garda)
A delightful hotel overlooking Lake Garda. Large stylish rooms and apartments, many with views. Outdoor pool, and fantastic Italian concept cuisine. Sailing, golf and opera nearby. Gourmet, family friendly, all in a romantic location.Foodies - Restaurant '100km' is a concept by Fred Plotkin, using products sourced within this distance. Olive oil & wine tours and tastingFamilies - Apartments are big enough for the whole family, with kitchens to make picnics. Boat trips on Lake Garda, swimming and cyclingSights nearby - Brescia and Verona, between Venice and Milan, between the Dolomites and the seaSailing - Minutes from the hotel
Hotel Laurin 30 rooms from £123Salò
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday.Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - CN Traveller
Osteria Antico Brolo 4 rooms from £61Gardone Riviera
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base!Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&B.Local exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaSailing - Spend a day sailing on Lake GardaSights nearby - The town of Gardone Riviera
Locanda Agli Angeli 9 rooms from £70Gardone Riviera
Charming restaurant with rooms near to Lake Garda. Romantic bedrooms have four poster beds, white linens, wooden beams, and white washed walls. The restaurant serves excellent local food and there's also a small pool. Excellent value, family friendly.Value chicFour poster beds - For romantics.Views - Great views from hotelTraditional
Garni Gianmartin 7 rooms from £75Limone (Lake Garda)
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple & comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too.Value chic - With rooms from as little as €86 per night including breakfast, it's excellent value for money.Local exploring - Ideally located for exploring the gorgeous Lake GardaSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view