The 10 Best Family Hotels on Lake Garda
Spectacular Lake Garda once had a reputation for being exclusive, but today it’s an extremely welcoming destination, and an extremely popular one with kids - what with the beaches, the watersports, the theme parks and the easily-sold food! And some of the best family hotels on Lake Garda offer all of these things without you having to leave the grounds…
Though of course you will want to! Lake Garda is probably the most developed of the Italian Lakes, with plenty to keep everyone happy. Active families might like to horse-ride, windsurf, sail, mountain bike, canoe or hike, while lovers of culture will appreciate the beautiful castles. And the beautiful clean water will appeal to everyone. Plus it’s simply spectacular. Our Guru’s list of the 10 best family hotels on Lake Garda has been refined by best views, best for active families and beat value. But there’s plenty of cross over between them.
The 10 Best Family Hotels on Lake Garda
For a room with a view
- Also in Sirmione, the Villa Pioppi is an elegant, seven room villa set within two hectares of beautiful parkland, with a swimming pool, a sun terrace and a private beach. The rooms are large, and some have lake views and private balconies. And they also offer a babysitting service.
For Active Families
- Right on the shore in Salò, the Hotel Bellerive is a charming mid-sized hotel with 46 large, stylish rooms plus an outdoor pool, a fantastic Italian concept restaurant, and sailing and golfing opportunities nearby.
- Salò also has the Hotel Laurin, a stunning hotel with 30 rooms and suites, also right on the shores of Lake Garda. Converted from an elegant 20th Century villa, guests can expect parquet floors, frescoes and Art Nouveau furniture. There’s also a lovely pool in shady gardens and an excellent restaurant.
- For families looking to experience the great outdoors as well as the watersports the lake has to offer, try Tenuta Le Sorgive, a beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. Simple traditional rooms come with continental breakfast. Explore the orchards and vineyards or head out on a pony trek through the surrounding hills. A wonderful spot to re-engage with mother nature.
- Or try the Bella Riva in Gardone Riviera, a beautifully positioned hotel with 23 contemporary rooms and suites. an excellent restaurant and bar and a very nice pool. Plus the hotel has great watersports facilities.
For a villa stay
- The Vivere Suites are a sleek collection of ground floor suites with private gardens and kitchenettes in Arco, close to Lake Garda. The decor is contemporary, and there's an excellent spa and pool, and they offer yoga and cycle hire, and there are great restaurants close by. A great spot for total relaxation.
For great value
- The Osteria Antico Brolo in Gardone Riviera is a gorgeous restaurant with four chic, all-white rooms and suites you can stay in. Private and comfortable, and very good value, with rooms starting from around £60 per night.
- The Locanda Agli Angeli is a similar offering, a charming restaurant with nine romantic rooms - some with four-poster beds. The decor is simple, think whitewashed walls and exposed beams. And there’s a small pool. Rooms start from around £70 per night.
- Or there’s the Garni Gianmartin in Limone, is a seven room B&B on the main square, just minutes from the beach. The rooms are simple and comfortable and the suites have their own private terraces with lovely views. The breakfasts are hearty, and the rooms, with breakfasts, start from around £70 per night.
Still not sure which of our Guru’s recommendations for the 10 best family hotels on Lake Garda might be perfect for you?
- You could expand your search to include all the best places to stay on Lake Garda?
- Or refine your search to the best hotels with a view on Lake Garda?
- Or you could refine by destination, and consider only the best places to stay in Sirmione? or the best places to stay in Gardone Riviera?
- Or you could contact one of our friendly Gurus for personalised advice.
The 10 Best Family Hotels on Lake Garda
Villa Pioppi Sirmione 7 rooms from £141Active Holiday - From cultural tours to mountain biking or waterspots, there's plenty to do in the areaFamilies - Babysitting services, private beach, plus acres of grounds in which to tire them outViews - Great views from hotelSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
The elegant Villa Pioppi boasts two hectares of picturesque parkland with swimming pool, a private beach area and extensive sun terrace with views. Spacious air conditioned rooms - some with lake views - feature private balconies. Enjoy outdoor dining or try out the plentiful nearby restaurants. See More
Bella Riva Gardone Riviera 23 rooms from £165Families - Baby cots are provided or extra beds for children plus babysitting services are available for parents in need of a break!Romantic Break - Pick a room with lake views enjoyed even from your bed, the ultimate romantic settingLakeside - Direct access on to Lake GardaViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith, I Escape
Hotel Bellerive, Salo Salò (Lake Garda) 46 rooms from £131Foodies - Restaurant '100km' is a concept by Fred Plotkin, using products sourced within this distance. Olive oil & wine tours and tastingFamilies - Apartments are big enough for the whole family, with kitchens to make picnics. Boat trips on Lake Garda, swimming and cyclingSights nearby - Brescia and Verona, between Venice and Milan, between the Dolomites and the seaSailing - Minutes from the hotelRecommended by - Michelin Travel
Hotel Laurin Salò 30 rooms from £123Foodies - Garda Food and Wine Trail & Strada dei Vini e Sapori del Garda: visits to about 100 producers (wineries, oil mills, cheeses).Families - Swimming and Lake Garda to explore by boat. Many child friendly sights in the area, such as movie studio and safari parkSights nearby - Salò, Gardone Riviera, Toscolano Maderno, Gargnano and Limone del GardaSailing - Can be booked nearby.Recommended by - CN Traveller
A stunning hotel on the shore of Lake Garda. Rooms and suites in a 20th century villa are elegant, with parquet floors and all mod cons. Frescoes and art nouveau furniture. Excellent authentic cuisine, pool and shady gardens. An idyllic choice, and perfect for a family holiday. See More
Tenuta Le Sorgive Solferino, Lake Garda 12 rooms from £87Families - This is truly a family place, with plenty of group activities on site and a wholesome organic vibe.Great walks - There are lovely walks around the estate where you can learn about farming in the Italian counrtyside.Swimming Pool - Outdoor garden surrounded poolFull of characterRecommended by - Sawdays
A beautifully restored 19th-century farmhouse on an organic agriturismo farm. Simple traditional rooms come with continental breakfast. Explore the orchards and vineyards or head out on a pony trek through the surrounding hills. A wonderful spot to re-engage with mother nature. See More
Osteria Antico Brolo Gardone Riviera 4 rooms from £72Value chic - Seriously good value with standard rooms from only €70 per night B&BLocal exploring - A chic base for exploring Gardone Riviera and Lake GardaFoodies - Sample the delights of the on site gourmet restaurantFamilies - One of the suites can accommodate up to 4 people
Gorgeous restaurant with rooms in Gardone Riviera. Enter through a charming courtyard with arched stone gateways and traditional oak doors. Chic all-white bedrooms and suites with exposed beams complemented with period furnishings. Eat delicious dinners at the on site osteria. A perfect base! See More
Vivere Suites Arco 6 rooms from £239Active Holiday - In a quiet spot yet with easy access to cultural attractions as well as sailing and watersports opportunitiesRomantic Break - Each suite has a private garden and terrace, ideal for couples looking for privacySwimming Pool - With panoramic viewsViews - Great views from hotelRecommended by - Tablet, I Escape, Mr & Mrs Smith
A sleek collection of ground floor suites with private gardens and kitchenettes close to Lake Garda. Contemporary rooms, excellent spa and pool, yoga, cycling and great restaurants close by. A great spot for total relaxation and outdoor activities for families or honeymooners. See More
Locanda Agli Angeli Gardone Riviera 9 rooms from £69Foodies - The family-run restaurant spills out onto the square where regional dishes are served up with alot of love and careTraditional - A charming traditional property perfect for an authentic and homely stayGreat walks - Get out into the countryside and explore the many walking trailsViews - Great views from hotel
Garni Gianmartin Limone (Lake Garda) 7 rooms from £103Back to Nature - Located overlooking Lake Garda and the surrounding mountains, this is a superb escape to natureActive Holiday - Find a wide range of activities to choose from including sailing, hiking and mountain bikingSights nearby - Visit the historic town of VeronaViews - All bedrooms have a lake view
Located on the main square in a quiet village, this small B&B with lake views is just minutes from the beach. Bedrooms are simple and comfortable, suites have terraces with a view. Store bikes in the garage or rent them on site. Hearty breakfasts before a day of outdoor exploring. Great value too. See More