- ✓ Book Online Now
- ✓ FREE cancellation on most rooms
Madonna di Campiglio
Search the best hotels in Madonna di Campiglio
About Madonna di Campiglio
Tiny Madonna di Campiglio is the most glamorous of the Dolomites' ski resorts, and for many visitors this is more relevant than the quality of the skiing. This in turn means that the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio are of a uniformly high quality too!
Madonna di Campiglio's spectacular location, in a deep Dolomite valley between the mountains and the glaciers, creates a dramatic backdrop for the pretty main square with its lovely church. And this is a good place to start your promenading. Which is something a lot of Madonna de Campiglio's visitors do, before or after supper.
They're not in it for the exercise though, they're all about being seen. Ladies, if you have a fur, bring it. Gentlemen, if you don't have a fur, a formal style coat will do. Despite the temptation, don't stare; the aim is to walk around nonchalantly, attempting the pose of a Milanese fashionista. Some of the people your eyes graze will indeed be Milanese fashionistas, so there's plenty of inspiration.
Skiing Madonna di Campiglio
Just like the folks who gather here, Madonna de Campiglio's 150kms of runs are well groomed. There's some variation in difficulty and plenty for more experienced skiers to have a crack at. The fact that it's considered a bit high end means that the cheap packaged ski tour groups aren't really that interested, which means hardly any queuing.
Snowboarding is pretty popular here as well, and the ski parties are world renowned - think international DJs and top bands.
What Not To Miss
- Head off hiking through the Parco Naturale Adamello Brenta's stunning scenery or go see the lovely Cascate di Vallesinella waterfall.
- If you fancy going for a refreshing dip and enjoying a waterside picnic then check out Lago Ritorto or Lago delle Malghette.
- To really see the grandeur of Madonna de Campiglio, the best time of year to visit is during the Habsburg Carnival in late February. This annual event remembers the patronage of Austrian royalty Franz Joseph and Elisabeth in the 19th Century. Celebrations involve costumed pageants and fireworks displays. And the fashion at this time of year is even more froufrou.
If you're coming during the busy ski season then be sure to book ahead if you want to guarantee yourself a room in one of the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio.
- For more traditional luxury book the Hotel Chalet del Sogno. Rooms are sumptuous, and come in family sizes too. Wood, wool, lime and local stone are all the building is made of, and it has some pretty impressive eco-credentials.
- La Mirandola is a cosily romantic spot that's ideal for those who don't want to break the bank. Offering characterful, rustic accommodation, there's also an extensive spa and a restaurant serving up regional dishes. A charming stay!
For Family Trips
- Owner managed and traditional, the Biohotel Hermitage is one of the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio for families. Room and suites are huge, with wooden ceilings and big beds, plus there are fantastic views from the private balconies. On top of all that the restaurant has a Michelin star, so it works for foodies too!
- With family suites available, Chalet Alpenrose is a great base for a ski trip with the kids. Boasting quintessentially Alpine accommodation with plenty of wooden influences, there's also a spa, sauna, hot tub and restaurant.
For A Boutique Stay
- If you want to sleep next door to the Milanese fashionistas, one of the best places to stay in Madonna di Campiglio is the DV Boutique Hotel. The decor favours natural fibres, but used in a modern chic way. Naturally the spa and restaurant are excellent. Some rooms have their own private saunas and wood stoves, so this is the ideal choice if you want to treat yourself.
For An Apartment Or chalet
- If you think you would prefer a self-catering option then browse through the wide variety available online with our partner Booking.com.
- If you're here for the skiing then the best snow is from early December to late February.
- If on the other hand you fancy spending your days hiking, the weather is nicest in July and August. Remember a jacket as it's hardly balmy, with the average temperature rising to just 11°C.
- International visitors can either fly into Verona Airport, Milan Malpensa Airport or Innsbruck Airport across the border in Austria.
- These are all between 2-3 hours away from Madonna di Campiglio, so you need to hop on a train from the airport on to your final destination.
- For car hire prices, we recommend you visit our online partnerRentalcars.
Still not sure?
Best Hotels in Madonna di Campiglio
Maribel Hotel 24 rooms from £150Madonna di Campiglio
Slightly outside Madonna Di Campiglio, Maribel Hotel is an excellent alpine establishment. Featuring comfortable rooms, an extensive spa and a good dining option. With a ski school and hire onsite it's a great place for family trips.Views - Great views from hotelSpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Biohotel Hermitage 25 rooms from £140Madonna di Campiglio (Trento)
Wonderful family run hotel and spa a bus ride from the nearest ski lift. Traditional but chic, huge bedrooms and suites have wooden floors, wooden ceilings, big beds, neutral tones and fantastic views from private balconies. Michelin star restaurant and fabulous spa. Family friendly and romantic.Skiing - Free shuttle bus to the liftsFoodies - Michelin star restaurant.Spa breaksActive HolidayRecommended by - Tablet
Boutique Hotel Diana 27 rooms from £140Madonna di Campiglio
Fitted with all the comforts you need for a skiing trip, Boutique Hotel Diana is an excellent establishment. Featuring plush rooms, an extensive spa and a superb restaurant, this is a great place to unwind after a long day on the slopes.Great walks - The surrounding valley is full of great walking routes.SpaSwimming Pool - Indoor/outdoor
Hotel Chalet del Sogno 18 rooms from £193Madonna di Campiglio (Trento)
Lovely 5 star chalet with beautiful suites. Wood, wool, lime, and local stone make up the entire building attesting to its eco-label certification. Sumptuous rooms, family rooms and suites with private balconies. Excellent spa and restaurant. Comfortable and cosy, but still chic.Skiing - Just 25m from the piste!Active Holiday5* Luxury - Very high service standards.Spa
DV Boutique Hotel 20 rooms from £254Madonna di Campiglio (Trento)
A boutique hotel in a mountain top village with an excellent spa and restaurant. Naturally constructed bedrooms have wooden floors and animal hides strewn around. Some have private balconies, private sauna or wooden stove. An excellent spa hotel for an active mountain holiday, family friendly too.Skiing - Shuttle bus to the Spinale cable carActive HolidaySpa breaksBirdwatching - Good birding near the hotel.Recommended by - Mr & Mrs Smith